Start Date: January 30, 2018
The Opportunity: The MLS National Sales Center is seeking positive and passionate individuals to enter an intensive and highly selective two-to-three month sales training program. The National Sales Center is a performance-based program which allows successful NSC Trainees the opportunity to interview for sales positions at MLS Clubs.
Success Rate: The MLS National Sales Center has produced over 270 hires for 24 MLS clubs over 26 sessions. These graduated are being placed in management and director level roles!
How NSC Trainees will Succeed: NSC Trainees are put through a world-class sales training process gaining in-depth knowledge of MLS Ticket Sales by working with MLS clubs and partners, selling premium inventory, season tickets, mini plans, and group tickets. Trainees will primarily use phone and email to market and sell packages, but will also have the opportunity to practice face-to-face selling in select instances. Each NSC Trainee is also provided day-to-day mentoring by upper-level MLS executives.
Success throughout Your Career: We believe a solid foundation allows the opportunity for advancement. In the seven years of the NSC’s existence, over 40 NSC Alumni have risen in the ranks to move into management roles at various MLS Clubs.
Who is Best for this Position: The best candidates for this position must be driven, positive, and have a PASSION for soccer. Specifically, the best individual will meet all the criteria below:
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college and commitment to be a soccer sales industry leader
- Ability to participate in entire two-to-three month curriculum (evening, weekend, and potential holiday hours)
- Ability to work as a team player
- Proficient in basic computer software programs
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Willingness to learn
- Ability to move to Blaine, MN at the National Sports Center for the duration of the program
- Ability to relocate to an MLS Club immediately following the training session
About this Application: Please include a video elevator pitch in your application stating the following:
- Your Name
- Your School
- Graduation Date
- Why you are passionate about soccer and sales
Check out John Elliano and Griffin Booth (LA Galaxy)’s elevator pitches:
Click here to find out more about the MLS National Sales Center Experience.
When you apply for this job online, you will be required to answer the following questions:
1. Are you able to move to Minneapolis, MN for the entire 2 to 4 month training program (evenings, weekends, and possibly holiday hours)?
2. Yes/No: Are you willing to relocate to an MLS club following the training session?
3. Yes/No: Will you now or in the future require sponsorship to work in the United States?
Click here to see all of our employment opportunities.