The Legal Intern for Sporting Kansas City provides assistance to the Legal Team by helping with research, drafting and editing, as well as learns about the contract process, negotiations, risk management and other legal issues surrounding a professional sports team.
- Assist the Legal Team with various administrative functions, day-to-day tasks, and project management.
- Research and analyze legal authority such as statutes, regulations, judicial decisions, legal articles, and case law.
- Support Legal Team in litigation management, including drafting and editing court documents.
- Assist in preparing legal documents, including but not limited to, briefs, memorandums, contracts, letters, and various other types of agreements.
- Provide general assistance to the Legal Team in proofreading, editing and analyzing contracts and other communications.
- File and manage legal and organizational documents in the applicable in-house contract management system.
- Represent Sporting Kansas City and its related affiliates in a professional manner at all times.
- Perform other related tasks as assigned.
- Strong organizational, communications and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to organize work effectively, conceptualize and prioritize objectives and exercise independent judgment based on an understanding of organizational policies and activities.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and deadlines in a time efficient manner with exceptional time management.
- Strategic thinking.
- Proven ability to remain objective and discrete.
- Exercise common sense at all times.
- Strong communication, negotiation and drafting skills.
- Excellent presentation skills.
- Teamwork orientation.
- Personal effectiveness and credibility.
- Professional appearance and demeanor.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Currently enrolled in a J.D. or LL.M program.
- Coursework or experience in contracts, negotiations, legal research and writing.
- Proficient in the Microsoft Office Suite, including Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Calendar.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an intern to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions:
- Required to sit for long periods of time.
- Use hands to finger, hand or feel objects, tools or controls.
- Reach with hands and arms.
- Required to talk and hear consistently.
- Ability to occasionally lift, carry and/or drag up to twenty-five (25) pounds if necessary.
- Specific vision abilities required by the role include the ability to distinguish the nature of objects by using the eye.
- Ability to work non-traditional hours, including evenings, weekends and holidays as necessary.
When you apply for this job online, you will be required to answer the following questions:
1. Do you have access to reliable transportation?
2. Are you able to receive college credit for this internship?
Click here to see all of our employment opportunities.