WHO WE ARE:
Los Angeles Football Club is Major League Soccer’s newest team in Los Angeles, set to debut in 2018. We are developing a world-class, forward-thinking sports organization to bring the fastest growing professional sport in America to one of the largest and most diverse markets in the world. Our primary initiatives include: designing and building our stadium, developing all facets of our brand, engaging with our community and developing our sporting team and youth programs. We are looking to grow our high-caliber, diverse team with creative and hard-working individuals who have a passion for sports, entertainment, and many of the lifestyle elements that the beautiful game touches.
The Social Media Manager will manage all LAFC social media initiatives, including lead ideation, production, and execution of social media programs and activations. This person must possess advanced knowledge of all primary social media channels (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Snapchat) and will work with key personnel to establish and direct LAFC social media strategy with the goals of engagement, driving traffic to Club content, creating unique and innovative content. as well as maximizing partnership opportunities, and marketing initiatives. The Social Media Manager will also be responsible for the organization-wide social strategy and management for all club accounts.
- Optimize content strategy, Club coverage, Club communications, marketing partnerships, stadium news and events, and sponsored posts across all social media platforms.
- Use reports and findings to build social media editorial calendar and content ideation.
- Track key metrics, comparing results and analyzing the business impact of our social media marketing efforts.
- Research industry best practices and new technology and digital engagement platforms, effectively communicate relevant news and opportunities to internal teams.
- Plan, create and post content for LAFC social media platforms including but not limited to Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Snapchat, YouTube, and LinkedIn.
- Manage, monitor, and engage in conversations with Clubs, fans, players, broadcast partners and media across all social platforms with a thorough understanding of relevant tone and manner for each audience.
- Evaluate and report on potential partnership and sponsorship opportunities.
- Develop social media policies and guidelines.
- Manage game-day coverage and highlights distribution across Club social channels.
- Work with cross-functional teams to ensure promotion of key Club business objectives.
- Leverage analytics to develop relevant and engaging digital content for planned and real-time events and opportunities.
- Write, edit, and post to LAFC.com and other Club-related platforms.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Experience managing and informing the strategy of social media platforms for a major company or brand, preferably for a sports brand, media, team, or league.
- Minimum five years’ experience in social media, communications or marketing.
- Deep knowledge and interest in soccer.
- Excellent copywriting skills with a focus on succinctness, wit, and quality storytelling.
- Familiarity with organic and paid elements of Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat, and Twitter.
- Experience working with data sets and the ability to sort, analyze, and develop reports.
- Proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite or other video and photo editing platforms.
- Highly organized and detail oriented.
- Ability to travel and work non-traditional work hours, including evenings and weekends.
- B.A./B.S. or higher degree.
- Bilingual Spanish/English a plus.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY:
LAFC strongly supports equal employment opportunity for all applicants regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law.
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
LAFC recruitment policies are designed to place the most highly qualified persons available in a timely and efficient manner. LAFC may pursue all avenues available, including promotion from within, employee referrals, outside advertising, employment agencies, Internet recruiting, job fairs, college recruiting and search firms.
Applicants for employment in the U.S. must possess work authorization, which does not require sponsorship by the employer for a visa.
Click here to see all of our employment opportunities.