» Account Executive, Membership Sales - D.C. United (Washington DC, DC)
» D.C. United Graphic Design Intern - D.C. United (Washington, DC)
» Operations Intern - D.C. United (Washington, DC)
» Performance Analysis Intern - D.C. United (Washington, DC)
» Ticket Seller - D.C. United (Washington, DC)
» Youth Soccer Coach & Operations Intern - D.C. United (Washington, DC)
» Future Consideration Notification/Update - MLS Teams (Various Locations, Various Locations)
Academy Operations Internship
The Academy Operations Internship is a part time, seasonal position, working all D.C. United Academy matches during the U.S. Soccer Developmental Academy Season.
The Event Operations staff will work closely with the Academy Director, Academy Manager and Coordinator in the logistical set-up and tear down of academy matches. Candidates must be available to work flexible hours including evenings, weeekends, and holidays. The U.S. Soccer Developmental Academy Spring season runs from February – June candidates must able to commit to the Fall Season for at least 90% of games. All D.C. United internships are unpaid.
Specific tasks will include
Set-up break down for all Academy home matches
Attend Friday training sessions to help prepare jerseys, vans, matchday items
Coordinate with full time staff members to ensure successful event set-up and execution
Adhere to a strict event timeline for matchday
Consistent season-long commitment is mandatory
Possible travel to away Academy matches
Previous experience in event management is ideal and a strong leadership background is a plus
Candidates should be very comfrotable performing physical labor activities
Ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment
Strong work-ethic and proactive attitude are essential
Ability to life 40+lbs without strain
Comfortable being active, and walking for long durations
Candidates should possess a strong professional attitude, and be extremely detial oriented. Prior event management is a plus. Applicants should be working towards an undergraduate or graduate degree with an emphasis in sports business, management, etc. Candidates receiving credit for participating in our internship program are strongly preferred. All candidates must have a valid driver’s license and complete a background check.
WHY SHOULD YOU WANT TO WORK AT D.C. United
1. To be part of the team that will help open a brand new, soccer-specific stadium in the nation’s capitol.
2. There is a tremendous energy surrounding the club, led by unwavering support from our fans.
3. Our team and our sport are growing in popularity at an unparalleled level. Be a part of the growth!
Now is the perfect time to join the D.C. United Family. If you are looking to be a part of a great team atmosphere with a four-time MLS Champion organization, then we want you!
The D.C. United sales team seeks a motivated and passionate individual looking to continue a career in sport sales by selling season memberships for our new, state of the art - $300 million dollar, soccer specific stadium located in Washington, D.C. An ideal candidate has a strong work ethic, is driven by meeting and exceeding revenue goals, and has prior ticket sales experience. Essential relationships will be derived from making outbound phone calls and incorporating social selling techniques to schedule face to face appointments at our brand new state-of-the-art sales preview center.
- Prospect and sell new full season memberships for the new D.C. United stadium and final year at RFK Stadium (2017)
- Build relationships through phone calls, social selling, face to face appointments, and networking events
- Enthusiastically generate new appointments at brand new sales preview center through outreach to D.C. United fans
- Play a crucial role in creating excitement around transitioning into the new stadium
- Generate new business through referrals from current clients
- Create and implement new sales strategies to produce new leads, referrals and sales
- Be innovative! Bring new ideas to the team on how we can grow our fan base
- Represent yourself and D.C. United in a positive and professional manner
- Meet and exceed daily and weekly expectations in regards to outbound activity and appointments
- Meet and exceed assigned sales goals
- Assist with game day responsibilities of sales department
- Be a positive influence within our department, our club and our community
- Bachelor’s degree required
- A passion to grow a career as a sales professional in the sport industry
- 1-2 years of sales experience. Prior sport sales experience industry is preferred
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Motivated self-starter with a contagiously positive attitude and leadership qualities
- Willingness to learn in a fast paced environment
- Ability to work flexible hours, including but not limited to evenings, weekends and holidays
When you apply for this job online, you will be required to answer the following questions:
1. Do you have previous ticket sales experience?
1. Do you have previous ticket sales experience?
D.C. United Graphic Design Intern.
The Graphic Design Intern will assist in all creative projects spanning from print to digital advertising, Marketing collateral and other club needs. The Graphic Design intern will be a core member of the United Design team. Candidate should have interest and experience in designing for print and interactive media, preferably for a sports team.
· Work closely with Creative Director & Graphic Designer to ensure projects are completed within deadline and reflect D.C. United brand standards
· Use exceptional design skills to create original, innovative concepts and designs that appropriately reflect D.C. United branding and applications
· Work with various internal departments to meet design needs and goals
· Proficient with Adobe Creative Suite
· Impressive portfolio/work samples
· Ability to meet deadlines and work in a fast-paced environment
· Must have access to personal laptop with current Creative Suite & Microsoft Office
Must be able to start immediately and have access to housing in the DC metro area
D.C. United Operations interns will report directly to the Operations Coordinator. They will also function in a support role to the Director and Manager. Specific tasks will include various event management duties, set-up/breakdown of all D.C. United home matches, office maintenance, and other event/facility operations needs.
Duties will include assisting with event management, set-up/breakdown for all D.C. United home matches, office maintenance projects, and various other operations responsibilities. Other responsibilities will include assisting in the maintenance of company vehicles, facility repair requests, equipment storage and inventory, as well as supporting the management of the D.C. United volunteer team consisting of 50 volunteers. Interns will also assist with accreditation of matchday personnel, occasional first team operational needs, and management of other event staff.
Supportive functions include the planning, logistics, and execution of employee training programs. Interns can also expect to complete various physical labor tasks related to overall daily operation of the club, including event setup/breakdown and other logistical needs related to D.C. United events at RFK Stadium, as well as other nearby venues.
- Candidates must be available to work flexible hours including evenings, weekends, and holidays.
- Applicants available to commit full time are preferred, but part time candidates will also be considered.
- Candidates should be very comfortable performing physical labor duties on a daily basis.
- Previous experience in event management is ideal and a strong leadership background is a plus.
- Candidates should be comfortable dealing with customers, possess a strong professional attitude, and be extremely detail oriented. Prior experience with customer service and people/event management is a plus.
Performance Analysis Intern, 1st Team– D.C. United
Department: Soccer Operations
Reports to: Director of Soccer Strategy and Analysis
Background: Reporting to the Director of Soccer Strategy, this voluntary opportunity will give the right candidate a fantastic opportunity to gain invaluable experience within a professional environment,providing essential transferable skills within a competitive industry.
Position Summary:The Performance Analysis Intern is responsible for the coordination of video capture and delivery services within the Soccer Operations Department. The role includes videotaping of training/games, preparing pre and post-matchhighlights for upcoming opponents,as well as assisting in research into the ongoing advancement of video analysis techniques and processes. The Performance Analysis Intern will report to the Director of Soccer Strategy.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assists in preparation and databasingof all training sessions and games as requested by coaching staff.
- Coordinates the filming of all training sessions for breakdown and analysis.
- Edits training and game film for player and coach feedback.
- Maintains video library, equipment and supplies. Performs routine maintenance as needed.
- Working in collaboration with other performance staff in centralizing all performance data and creating daily reports.
- Researches new technology and process enhancements, as appropriate.
- Background in video production, broadcast, film or related field preferred.
- Ability to usesports specific video editing/analysis software such as Sportscode/Match Analysis
- Understanding of Soccer desirable
- Strong work ethic and attention to detail in a fast paced environment
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
This part-time position is dedicated to selling matchday tickets for all D.C. United home games and all ticketed soccer events at RFK Stadium. As the ticket seller is an intial touchpoint when fans arrive at the stadium, we are looking for friendly people who can ensure all fans have a positive experience. Positions are paid on an hourly basis. This role requires shifts on weekends, evenings and holidays.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for selling available matchday tickets.
- Effectively communicate ticket pricing and available seating sections to customers.
- Process cash and credit card ticket sales transactions.
- Provide excellent front line customer service.
- Understand and adhere to D.C. United employee policies and procedures.
- Help with inquiries from all fans and ticket holders.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities necessary to perform essential functions
- Must be available to work a variety of shifts including days, evenings, weekends, and holidays.
- Ability to work as a team player.
- Strong computer skills and knowledge of Ticketmaster Host preferred.
- Cash handling experience.
- Ability to communicate effectively with focus of delivering exceptional customer service.
- Ability to perform in a fast-paced environment.
- Punctuality and reliability.
JOB TITLE: Youth Soccer Coach & Operations Intern
DEPARTMENT: Youth Development
REPORTS TO: Manager, Camps & Training Programs
SUMMARY: The 2017 Summer Camp Coaching & Operations Internship Program is an opportunity for an individual excited about youth soccer development, coaching and operations to immerse themselves into D.C. United’s Summer Soccer Camps at RFK Stadium. The individual will work closely with the camp site director and the Manager, Camps & Training Programs. The primary role will be in assisting coaching staff with on field coaching as needed by any lead coach, equipment preparation and additional responsibilities listed below.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Help lead coach and provide coaching and positive feedback to youth players
• Understand the topic for each session and be prepared to provide coaching based on coaching points
• Assist site director in setting up camp and closing camp each day
• Help with registration on Mondays per site director’s direction
• Organize session (cones, balls, pinnies) for lead coaches
• Help organize the youth players with the coaching staff to and from the stadium for events (lunch, locker room tour, team store trip, stadium tour, first team training, etc).
EDUCATOIN AND EXPERIENCE
• Youth coaching experience
• High School or College playing experience preferred but not required
• Minimum “E” Coaching License or equivalent preferred but not required
• Experience in childcare preferred but not required
• CPR/First Aid certification strongly preferred
• Punctual, dependable, positive attitude, high energy, respectful, responsible, fun, effective communicator
• Enthusiasm for the game, youth development, coaching, mentorship, learning, guidance for youth
D.C. UNITED WILL PROVIDE
• D.C. United training shirt, shorts and rain jacket
• D.C. United coaching manual with session plans
• 2 x tickets to D.C. United home matches throughout the summer
DATES & LOCATION
• D.C. United Turf Field – near RFK Stadium and Satellite camps in Maryland and Virginia
• Ten weeks of camp / June 12 - 16, 19 - 23, 26 – 30, July 10 - 14, 17 - 21, 24 – 28, July 31 -Aug 4, Aug 7 - 11, 14 - 18, 21 - 25
• Time: Mondays: 8:00am – 3:30pm / Tuesday-Friday: 9am-3pm
• Please provide weeks available when applying. We understand there may be vacations, family trips during the
summer so please provide schedule. All applications will be considered.
If you wish to be notified of opportunities as they arise, please press "apply" and make sure you check mark off boxes that say "notify me" on the application. Filling in this information now makes it easier for you to access your record later. You will not be considered an applicant to any position unless you apply for the position. Please make sure your email address is correct or we cannot guarantee notification. If you have already submitted information into this program, for updating your information, you can also press the “My Account-TeamWork Online” at the top of the page. Thank you.
Click here to view all other job opportunities on this board.