» Future Consideration Notification/Update - MLS Teams (Various Locations, Various Locations)
Kick off your sports career with the Portland Timbers.
The PORTLAND TIMBERS have an internship opportunity in the Community Relations Department.
As an intern with the Portland Timbers you will have the distinct opportunity to be part of our 2015 MLS Season. Internships are open to current college students or recent college graduates.
Selection for an internship will be made based on applicable skills, experience and area(s) of education. Be sure to clearly demonstrate your skills, experience and area(s) of interest in your application.
Start date will be during the month of February/March. Duration of internships will be based on performance and/or business needs.
The Community Relations Intern will assist with running the Stand Together Brand- including working on community programs, fundraising, executing donations, writing stories/articles, and more. The ideal candidate must have a strong desire to work in the sports industry as well as with the nonprofit sector, with an understanding of sport and social change work. Fundraising or nonprofit experience is a plus.
• Bilingual English/Spanish required. Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Comfort with appropriately representing Stand Together, the Portland Thorns FC, and the Portland Timbers onsite and at external events
• The ability to prioritize, multitask and pay close attention to details
• The ability to work effectively independently, with a team and/or with clients
• Availability to attend all Timbers and Thorns matches (including nights and weekend)
• Computer skills and experience with Microsoft Office programs
• Must have outstanding follow through and organizational skills
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Knowledge & usage of social media platforms
About Us: The Portland Timbers enter their fifth season in Major League Soccer (MLS) in 2015. As the league’s 18th team that began competing in MLS in 2011, the Timbers play their home games at Providence Park, an approximately 21,000-seat stadium in downtown Portland. The Timbers have sold out every regular-season game since joining MLS, a streak of 68 consecutive matches and counting as the club enters the 2015 MLS season.
Portland Thorns FC enter their third season in the National Women’s Soccer League (NWSL) in 2015. Thorns FC won the inaugural NWSL Championship in 2013 and have led the way in NWSL attendance in each of their two seasons, drawing more than 13,000 fans per game at Providence Park in downtown Portland. The Thorns FC roster features some of the biggest names in women’s soccer, including U.S. stars Alex Morgan and Tobin Heath, University of Portland grad and Canadian international Christine Sinclair, and 2013 FIFA Player of the Year and German international Nadine Angerer.
On Oct. 14, 2014, the Portland Timbers announced the formation of T2, a professional team that will compete in USL PRO, a division of US Soccer below MLS. T2 will begin competing in USL PRO during the 2015 season and play their home games at Merlo Field on the campus of the University of Portland.
Peregrine Sports LLC., is an equal opportunity employer of all protected classes, including veterans and individuals with disabilities.
When you apply for this job online, you will be required to answer the following questions:
1. Are you available to work evenings, weekends, and holidays when necessary? Yes/No 2. Have you had any experience with social media other than for personal use? Yes/No 3. Are you a bilingual Spanish speaker? Yes/No 4. In less than 100 words, please describe why this internship appeals to you?
1. Are you available to work evenings, weekends, and holidays when necessary? Yes/No
2. Have you had any experience with social media other than for personal use? Yes/No
3. Are you a bilingual Spanish speaker? Yes/No
4. In less than 100 words, please describe why this internship appeals to you?
Click here to view all other job opportunities on this board.
Contact the TeamWorkOnline webmaster / FAQ