» Paid Internship- Production Design Intern - Portland Timbers (Portland, OR)
» Future Consideration Notification/Update - MLS Teams (Various Locations, Various Locations)
ATHLETIC TRAINER, PORTLAND TIMBERS ACADEMY
The Portland Timbers are looking for a highly self-motivated athletic trainer for our academy program. The ideal candidate is a self- starter, diligent, detail oriented, has a strong work ethic and is driven by wanting to be the best in their field. We are looking for someone who can work as part of a team with the ability to handle multiple assignments in a fast-paced environment. If you have a love for athletic training and appreciate working with young athletes in a highly competitive environment, this could be the job for you! The academy athletic trainer will report directly to the Director of Sports medicine/Head Athletic Trainer. This is a full-time exempt position.
- Bachelors degree in Athletic training or similar field of study
- Valid NATA certification
- Valid CPR/AED certification
Preferred masters degree
1-3 years of working with athletes in the 14-18 year age range
Background in soccer
- Responsible for prevention of injuries, treatment of injuries, acute care of injuries, and rehabilitation of Portland Timbers Academy athletes injuries.
- Attendance at every Timbers academy training session and match is required. This will include travel with the team to away matches and tournaments.
- Must communicate effectively to Timbers Academy coaches in regards to athlete’s injuries, return to play protocols and all timelines.
- Meticulous record keeping in our EMR (Healtheathlete). This includes accurate injury reporting and all treatments associated with injuries.
- Coordination and recording of all medical appointments related to injuries that occur during academy activities.
- Attendance of weekly academy staff meetings.
- Regular meetings with the Director of Sports Medicine to review injuries, treatments, and return to play.
- Strict adherence to the academy budget to purchase supplies and equipment
- The academy athletic trainer may be called upon to fill in for an absence of other athletic trainers within our sports medical team if their schedule permits.
- Develop strong relationships with the Portland Timbers academy physicians and communicate with them regularly regarding academy players injuries.
- The academy athletic trainer will be required to work during all Timbers 1st team home matches, schedule permitting.
Compensation: Structure: Base salary plus bonuses. Total compensation: Can range up to $30,000 – $40,000 with benefits.
About Us: The general philosophy of our Portland Timbers Academy Program is to attract and develop elite players that display the qualities to potentially be developed into professional players for the MLS Portland Timbers, and who also fit the student athlete academic requirements we look for.
The Portland Timbers Academy will educate and prepare young players to compete at the highest level of soccer in this country and internationally. Portland Timbers youth players will be exposed to a unique and comprehensive program that exposes youth players to a progressive curriculum established by current and ex-professional coaches, as well as professionals in physical development and mental skills training.
We will look to develop players; technically, tactically, physically, mentally, socially and emotionally. We will have them emulate full professionals whenever possible.
Peregrine Sports LLC. is an equal opportunity employer of all protected classes, including veterans and individuals with disabilities.
When you apply for this job online, you will be required to answer the following questions:
1. Do you have a bachelors degree in athletic training or a similar field of study? 2. Do you have a valid NATA certification? 3. Do you have a valid CPR/AED certification
1. Do you have a bachelors degree in athletic training or a similar field of study?
2. Do you have a valid NATA certification?
3. Do you have a valid CPR/AED certification
Kick off your graphic designer career with the Portland Timbers. As an intern with the Portland Timbers you have the distinct opportunity to be part of our team as we wrap up our 2014 MLS Season and start to gear up for our 2015. Internships are open to current college students or recent college graduates. Interns are paid $9.10 per hour, plus overtime.
Selection for an internship will be made based on applicable skills, experience and area(s) of education. Be sure to clearly demonstrate your skills, experience and area(s) of interest in your application. Duration of internships will be based on performance and/or business needs.
The Portland Timbers have an internship opportunity in the Marketing Department. The Portland Timbers are looking to hire a Production Design Intern. The Production Design Intern will assist in the creation of team generated creative content across both print and digital platforms, including the Portland Timbers and Thorns season tickets, business collateral, merchandise and apparel. They will report directly to the Graphic Designer.
• Collaborate with the Graphic Designer to produce necessary assets for Season Tickets
• Prep, structure and deliver final files to print vendors
• Work within the brand standards to deliver effective visual communications material
• Proficiency in the Adobe Creative Cloud, especially; Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Superior organizational skills and ability to manage multiple projects
• Strong attention to detail and ability to work within a team environment
• Ability to design and deliver graphic packages under tight deadlines, quickly, efficiently and independently
• Considerable knowledge of soccer, the Portland Timbers and MLS
• Willingness to learn
• Love for Design
Please apply online at teamworkonline.com and provide a link to an online portfolio. If an online portfolio is not available please include 4-7 samples of your work as a pdf.
The Portland Timbers are in their fourth season in Major League Soccer. As the league’s 18th team, the Timbers play in the renovated Providence Park, an approximately 20,000 seat stadium in downtown Portland. The Timbers have sold out every regular season game in franchise history, a streak of 63 consecutive matches.
The Portland Thorns FC are in their second season in the newly formed 9-team National Women’s Soccer League. The Thorns FC won the 2013 NWSL Championship and average a league-best 12,000+ fans/game. The Thorns roster features some of the biggest names in women’s soccer, including U.S. star Alex Morgan, University of Portland grad Christine Sinclair, reigning 2013 FIFA Player of the Year Nadine Angerer and Spanish Women's National Team Captain Vero Boquete.
The Portland Timbers and Portland Thorns FC is an equal opportunity employer of all protected classes, including veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Click here to view all other job opportunities on this board.
Contact the TeamWorkOnline webmaster / FAQ