» Street Team - Portland Timbers (Portland, OR)
» Future Consideration Notification/Update - MLS Teams (Various Locations, Various Locations)
Job Title: Environmental Service Worker
Reports To: Environmental Services Manager Wage: $12.30/hour
Exempt or Non-exempt: Non-exempt
Job Description: The environmental service worker maintains environmental standards within established policies and procedures of Providence Park. The position performs a variety of general cleaning tasks to maintain sidewalks, restrooms, offices, locker rooms, press boxes and conference rooms.
The position follows standard practices and procedures and complies with regulatory requirements. In addition, the Environmental Services Department is in charge of the implementation and the continued practice of sustainability initiatives.
We are currently hiring pre and post-match set-up/clean-up crew. This is an irregular part time seasonal position.
Dusts furniture, stadium seating, and equipment and dust-mops floors.
Polishes and cleans fixtures in rooms and bathrooms.
Operates mechanical floor cleaners, buffers, vacuums, shampooers and related environmental service equipment.
Wet-mops rooms, halls and other areas; shampoos rugs and furniture.
Cleans vents, fan fixtures, top of windows, doorframes and other high areas using a ladder.
Gathers and disposes of trash and waste materials using specified bags or containers.
Buffs, strips, waxes and polishes floors.
Moves furniture and other heavy objects as required.
Cleans and disinfects all fixtures, floors, mirrors, windows, doors and walls of bathrooms.
Keeps work areas neat and orderly, cleans equipment and assists with other cleaning duties as assigned.
Use two way radios to communicate
Schedule Availability: Ability to work flexible hours-nights, weekends, and holidays.
Physical Requirements and Work Environment: Continuously standing and walking on concrete/ flat surfaces or stairs. Noisy environment with large groups of people. Must perform in high-stress and fast-paced environment in an expedient manner for sustained periods. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles, moving mechanical parts and vibration.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. This position is very active and requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling and climbing all day. The employee must frequently lift and move items over 20 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
While performing the duties of the job, the employee may be exposed to weather conditions prevalent at the time. This position will work in large facilities indoor/outdoor, close quarters in hazardous work areas.
When you apply for this job online, you will be required to answer the following questions:
1. Are you available weekend, evenings and holidays? 2. Are you able to walk up and down long aisles of stairs? 3. Are you able to stand on concrete for long periods of time?
1. Are you available weekend, evenings and holidays?
2. Are you able to walk up and down long aisles of stairs?
3. Are you able to stand on concrete for long periods of time?
Portland Timbers Ford Street Team
The Portland Timbers are seeking qualified candidates to fill the role of the Timbers Ford Street Team. The street team will represent the organization, team and its partners at various events in and around Providence Park and the greater Portland area. The ideal candidates will have the skills and passion to increase the Timbers brand and loyalty through fun and interactive activities that will leave a lasting impression on current and future fans. No guaranteed number of hours per week, scheduling is based on an as needed event/game basis.
- High degree of professionalism
- Strong interpersonal and business communication skills
- Responsible, out-going and enthusiastic team player
- Ability to work a flexible schedule varying from day, night, and weekend events
- Must be available to work all Timbers home matches
- Passion for soccer
- Previous marketing/promotional/event/street team experience
- Soccer freestyling skills
Street Team Responsibilities:
- Engage prospective and current fans of the Portland Timbers in a professional and positive manner through various promotions, events and marketing efforts
- Must be dependable and willing to take initiative and & adapt to a variety of situations
- Responsible for all operational needs (set-up/breakdown) & activations of the following elements while at events representing the Portland Timbers.
· Handout premium items
· Facilitate on-site promotions
· Interact with fans
· Communicate general info about ticket and marketing initiatives that contribute to the growth of the Timbers brand
- Assist in sponsorship activations outside of Providence Park on game day
- Assist in generating brand awareness about the Timbers community platform - Stand Together
- Assist with finding new events to attend and researching creative Twitter promotions.
About Us: The Portland Timbers enter their fifth season in Major League Soccer (MLS) in 2015. As the league’s 18th team that began competing in MLS in 2011, the Timbers play their home games at Providence Park, an approximately 21,000-seat stadium in downtown Portland. The Timbers have sold out every regular-season game since joining MLS, a streak of 68 consecutive matches and counting as the club enters the 2015 MLS season.
Portland Thorns FC enter their third season in the National Women’s Soccer League (NWSL) in 2015. Thorns FC won the inaugural NWSL Championship in 2013 and have led the way in NWSL attendance in each of their two seasons, drawing more than 13,000 fans per game at Providence Park in downtown Portland. The Thorns FC roster features some of the biggest names in women’s soccer, including U.S. stars Alex Morgan and Tobin Heath, University of Portland grad and Canadian international Christine Sinclair, and 2013 FIFA Player of the Year and German international Nadine Angerer.
On Oct. 14, 2014, the Portland Timbers announced the formation of T2, a professional team that will compete in USL PRO, a division of US Soccer below MLS. T2 will begin competing in USL PRO during the 2015 season and play their home games at Merlo Field on the campus of the University of Portland.
Peregrine Sports LLC., is an equal opportunity employer of all protected classes, including veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Click here to view all other job opportunities on this board.
Contact the TeamWorkOnline webmaster / FAQ