» Future Consideration Notification/Update - MLS Teams (Various Locations, Various Locations)
ACCOUNT EXECUTIVE, TICKET SALES
The Portland Timbers and Portland Thorns FC is looking for a highly self-motivated Account Executive to join our Ticket Sales team. The ideal candidate is a self- starter, diligent with details, has a strong work ethic and is driven by meeting and exceeding aggressive sales objectives. We are looking for someone who is a team player with the ability to handle multiple assignments in a fast-paced environment. If you have a competitive nature and are not afraid of cold calls, this could be the job for you! The Account Executive, Ticket Sales position will report directly to the Director of Ticket Sales. This is a full-time exempt position.
- 1 year of sales experience required
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
1-3 years corporate sales experience preferred. Sports industry a plus
Outside sales experience in B2B
High comfort level making cold calls
Strong time management skills and attention to detail
Knowledge of Paciolan and Salesforce systems
Has a competitive spirit
- Be responsible for sales of Portland Timbers and Portland Thorns FC inventory, including:
- Full Season Tickets
- Premium Seating
- Partial Season Plans
- Group Ticket Packages
- Corporate Hospitality
- Team Events
- Generating sales through cold calling, networking, and appointment setting.
- Be an ambassador of the Timbers and Thorns FC brands throughout the Oregon and Southwest Washington community.
- Work with the sales staff to generate new leads and research new ways to sell tickets.
- Attend outside networking events to further the Timbers and Thorns FC brands and generate new leads.
- Meet and exceed established sales objectives.
- Participate in sales meetings.
- Learn and become functional in Salesforce CRM and Paciolan ticketing system
- Provide excellent customer service to all personal and sales staff accounts during the sales effort, as well as during the sales follow-through at the event.
- Make a required minimum of 70 outbound sales calls per day with the goal of maximizing all ticket revenue for Portland Timbers and Portland Thorns FC tickets.
- Will have in-game duties during all Timbers, Thorns FC and Timbers Reserves events and games.
- Develop and maintain good-working relationships, which will produce sales throughout the year.
- Work assigned sales, promotional and team events for developing new prospects and referral opportunities during games and outside normal business hours.
- Other duties as determined by the Vice President, Ticket Sales and Services or Director, Ticket Sales.
- Work as a member of a TEAM, and Have Fun!!!
Compensation: Structure: Base salary plus commission and bonuses. Total compensation: Can range up to $45,000-$50,000.
About Us: The Portland Timbers are in their fourth season in Major League Soccer. As the league’s 18th team, the Timbers play in the renovated Providence Park, an approximately 20,000 seat stadium in downtown Portland. The Timbers have sold out every regular season game in franchise history, a streak of 63 consecutive matches. The Portland Thorns FC are in their second season in the newly formed 9-team National Women’s Soccer League. The Thorns FC won the 2013 NWSL Championship and average a league-best 12,000+ fans/game. The Thorns roster features some of the biggest names in women’s soccer, including U.S. star Alex Morgan, University of Portland grad Christine Sinclair, reigning 2013 FIFA Player of the Year Nadine Angerer and Spanish Women's National Team Captain Vero Boquete. The Portland Timbers and Portland Thorns FC is an equal opportunity employer of all protected classes, including veterans and individuals with disabilities.
When you apply for this job online, you will be required to answer the following questions:
1. Do you have at least one year of sales experience? 2. Describe two of your strengths 3. Describe a weakness of yours 4. Do you consider yourself competitive? Give an example. 5. Do you love to win or hate to lose?
1. Do you have at least one year of sales experience?
2. Describe two of your strengths
3. Describe a weakness of yours
4. Do you consider yourself competitive? Give an example.
5. Do you love to win or hate to lose?
Click here to view all other job opportunities on this board.
Contact the TeamWorkOnline webmaster / FAQ