» Future Consideration Notification/Update - MLS Teams (Various Locations, Various Locations)
Kick off your sports career with the Portland Timbers!
The PORTLAND TIMBERS have an internship opportunity in the Soccer Operations Department.
As a paid intern with the Portland Timbers you will have the distinct opportunity to be part of our 2016 MLS Season.
Start date will be during the month of January. Duration of internship will be based on performance and/or business needs.
The Soccer Operations Admin Intern will assist in the daily operations of the Portland Timbers MLS team, Timbers 2 USL team and Timbers U23 PDL team. The intern will work directly with the Team Administrators for each time with tasks including, but not limited to, the following: liaising MLS, USL and PDL visiting teams when in the Portland area, assisting with player management, MLS, USL and PDL game day operations (including preseason), assisting with travel coordination, daily office work and other tasks as assigned by the Soccer Operations department.
• Have strong written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to prioritize, multitask and pay close attention to details
• Must have basic computer skills and experience with Microsoft Office programs
• Must have outstanding follow through and organizational ability
• Must be able to work weekends/irregular hours
• Able to work effectively independently, with a team and/or with clients
• Desire to excel in the team sports industry and a commitment to career development
• Positive attitude with a willingness to learn and have FUN!!!
• Education or experience in team administration preferred
About Us: The Portland Timbers enter their sixth season in Major League Soccer (MLS) in 2016. As the league’s 18th team that began competing in MLS in 2011, the Timbers play their home games at Providence Park, an approximately 21,000-seat stadium in downtown Portland. The Timbers, who have advanced to the MLS Cup Playoffs in two of the last three seasons, have sold out every regular-season home game since joining MLS, a streak of 85 consecutive regular-season matches and counting as the club enters the 2016 MLS season.
Portland Thorns FC enter their fourth season in the National Women’s Soccer League (NWSL) in 2016. Thorns FC won the inaugural NWSL Championship in 2013 and have led the way in NWSL attendance in each of their three seasons, breaking their own record by drawing an average of 15,639 fans per game at Providence Park in downtown Portland in 2015, including two sellouts of 21,144.
On Oct. 14, 2014, the Timbers announced the formation of T2, a professional team that competes in USL, a division of US Soccer below MLS. T2 enter their second USL season in 2016 and play their home games at Merlo Field on the campus of the University of Portland.
Peregrine Sports LLC., is an equal opportunity employer of all protected classes, including veterans and individuals with disabilities.
When you apply for this job online, you will be required to answer the following questions:
1. Are you available weekends, evenings and holidays when necessary? Yes/No 2. Do you consider yourself a detail-oriented person? Yes/ No and why? 3. Why does this internship appeal to you? 4. In less than 100 words, please describe your skills and expereince as it relates to this internship. 5. Are you currently available to work up to 29 hours per week?
1. Are you available weekends, evenings and holidays when necessary? Yes/No
2. Do you consider yourself a detail-oriented person? Yes/ No and why?
3. Why does this internship appeal to you?
4. In less than 100 words, please describe your skills and expereince as it relates to this internship.
5. Are you currently available to work up to 29 hours per week?
Click here to view all other job opportunities on this board.
Contact the TeamWorkOnline webmaster / FAQ