» Future Consideration Notification/Update - MLS Teams (Various Locations, Various Locations)
Kick off your sports career with the Portland Timbers.
The PORTLAND TIMBERS have an internship opportunity in the Soccer Operations Department.
As an intern with the Portland Timbers you will have the distinct opportunity to be part of our 2015 MLS Season. Internships are open to current college students or recent college graduates.
Selection for an internship will be made based on applicable skills, experience and area(s) of education. Be sure to clearly demonstrate your skills, experience and area(s) of interest in your application. Start date will be during the month of February. Duration of internships will be based on performance and/or business needs.
The PDL Soccer Operations intern will assist in daily operation of Equipment Room, issuing and fitting apparel and equipment, laundry operations, assisting in daily training sessions, game day operation, and assisting in team administration functions such as travel coordination, visiting team logistics and office work.
• Have strong written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to prioritize, multitask and pay close attention to details
• Must have basic computer skills and experience with Microsoft Office programs
• Must have outstanding follow through and organizational ability
• Must be able to work weekends/irregular hours
• Be a Portland Timbers representative at onsite and outside events
• Able to work effectively independently, with a team and/or with clients
• Desire to excel in the team sports industry and a commitment to career development
• Positive attitude with a willingness to learn and have FUN!!!
• Education or experience in playing soccer or equipment management preferred
About Us: The Portland Timbers enter their fifth season in Major League Soccer (MLS) in 2015. As the league’s 18th team that began competing in MLS in 2011, the Timbers play their home games at Providence Park, an approximately 21,000-seat stadium in downtown Portland. The Timbers have sold out every regular-season game since joining MLS, a streak of 68 consecutive matches and counting as the club enters the 2015 MLS season.
Founded Nov. 11, 2008, the Portland Timbers U-23s is an amateur team affiliated with the Portland Timbers of Major League Soccer and serves as a development platform for the club's first team. The team consists of standout players from collegiate and youth programs from Oregon, the Northwest and throughout the country, and competes in United Soccer Leagues’ Premier Development League (PDL). Since their founding, six Timbers U-23s players have signed with the first team, including goalkeeper Jake Gleeson. The Timbers U-23s assembled an historic campaign in 2010, posting a perfect 16-0-0 record during the regular season on their way to becoming the first undefeated champion in PDL history.
Peregrine Sports LLC., is an equal opportunity employer of all protected classes, including veterans and individuals with disabilities.
When you apply for this job online, you will be required to answer the following questions:
1. Are you available to work evenings, weekends, and holidays when necessary? Yes/No 2. Do you consider yourself a detail-oriented person? Yes/ No and why? 3. Why does this internship appeal to you? 4. In less than 100 words, please describe your skills and expereince as it relates to this internship.
1. Are you available to work evenings, weekends, and holidays when necessary? Yes/No
2. Do you consider yourself a detail-oriented person? Yes/ No and why?
3. Why does this internship appeal to you?
4. In less than 100 words, please describe your skills and expereince as it relates to this internship.
Click here to view all other job opportunities on this board.
Contact the TeamWorkOnline webmaster / FAQ