Current available jobs that best match sporting:
» Sales Associate - Sporting Kansas City (Kansas City, MO)
» Future Consideration Notification/Update - MLS Teams (Various Locations, Various Locations)
Sporting Kansas City is looking for confident, hard-working, and innovative college or graduate- level students who are interested in an opportunity to earn course credits toward the completion of their degree, while obtaining practical experience in the world of professional sports. We have redesigned our internship program to provide valued learning opportunities, hands-on experience, and the chance to have a direct impact on professional soccer here in Kansas City. We are looking for candidates interested in the area of Game-Day and Event Operations. Through this internship, the intern will be introduced to the behind-the-scenes operations of Sporting Park prior to and during Sporting Kansas City home games and other events, such as concerts.
Multiple interns needed for 2014 spring and summer semesters.
· At the time of the internship, have completed at least your sophomore year at a four-year accredited college institution or be enrolled in an accredited graduate program.
· Must provide proof that you will receive credit through the internship toward the completion of your degree
· Minimum 3.0 cumulative GPA (based on 4.0 scale)
· Available for home matches and other events throughout the internship session (primarily evenings and weekends)
· Interest and experience in competitive sports is preferred
When you apply for this job online, you will be required to answer the following questions:
1. Please describe how you stand apart from your peers in the areas of leadership, confidence and innovation. 2. Yes/No: I have local housing and transportation available in Kansas City. 3. Yes/No: I have at least 3.0 cumulative GPA (4.0 scale). 4. Yes/No: I will be of junior or senior status or enrolled in a graduate-level program at the time of my internship, and will receive course credits through the internship toward completion of my degree. 5. Yes/No: I am available for home matches and events throughout the internship period.
1. Please describe how you stand apart from your peers in the areas of leadership, confidence and innovation.
2. Yes/No: I have local housing and transportation available in Kansas City.
3. Yes/No: I have at least 3.0 cumulative GPA (4.0 scale).
4. Yes/No: I will be of junior or senior status or enrolled in a graduate-level program at the time of my internship, and will receive course credits through the internship toward completion of my degree.
5. Yes/No: I am available for home matches and events throughout the internship period.
Sporting Kansas City is growing and currently looking for highly motivated and passionate self-starters to join their sales team. The ideal candidates will have a passion for the sports industry, a solid foundation of sales training and the ability to initiate phone calls, emails, face-to-face appointments and create new innovative programs to drive attendance and revenue for the organization.
The Sales Associate job is a full-time position with benefits.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
· Responsible for the maximization of revenue through the sale of Sporting Kansas City ticket packages including premium inventory, season tickets, partial plans, and group tickets for Sporting Park
· Cold call lead lists, and prospect for new business
· Meet or exceed daily call and appointment targets
· Meet or exceed yearly sales targets
· Build effective and prosperous relationships with current customer base to ensure repeat business and referral of other sales prospects
· Network with local business and organizations in an effort to acquire sales leads
· Maintain and continually grow a prospect database and track new sales leads
· Proactively look and prospect for new leads and customers
· Assist in the planning and execution of various Sporting Kansas City related events and activities
· Attend weekly meetings and role-play training sessions conducted by Sales Associate Manager
· Attend all Sporting Kansas City home games, and fulfill game night duties as assigned by management
· 8-10 month training program
Ideal Candidates Must Possess:
· Bachelor’s degree in Sports Management, Business, Marketing, or related field
· Strong oral and written communication skills
· Aggressive and competitive nature
· Ability to work well within a team environment
· Self motivated and self-starter mind-set
· Positive attitude and strong work ethic
· Detail-oriented and organized approach
· Ability to multitask
· Ability to work non-traditional hours including weekends and holidays as necessary
· Open to learning/training
· Desire to be a sales industry leader
Click here to view all other job opportunities on this board.
Contact the TeamWorkOnline webmaster / FAQ