Current available jobs that best match sporting:
» Ticket Sales/Service Internship - Sporting Kansas City (Kansas City, MO)
» Future Consideration Notification/Update - MLS Teams (Various Locations)
The Building Maintenance Engineer is responsible for the overall building maintenance of all areas of the Sporting Park (internal and external), including overseeing, planning, organizing, and completing all building services activities. This position requires a strong background in painting, touch up painting, drywall repairs, and an eye for detail. The position also requires someone who is skilled in the technical positions, such as plumbing, electrical, HVAC, etc. The Building Maintenance Engineer will work in collaboration with the Stadium Event Operations Department, when applicable.
Duties, Functions, and Responsibilities:
· Ensures effective and efficient management, operations, and maintenance of Sporting Park and surrounding property.
· Complies with and enforces safety and environmental requirements.
· Communicates and trains staff on MSDS and OSHA standards and safety procedures.
· Ensures quality service is delivered to patrons, vendors, suppliers, clients and fellow staff.
· Performs sheetrock repairs and painting/touchup painting as needed.
· Performs pool/hot tub maintenance.
· Performs semi-skilled carpentry work in the construction of remodeling, such as wall demo, new wall construction, building shelving or other organizational mechanisms for work and storage spaces.
· Inspects building and equipment for needed repair and maintenance.
· Operates forklifts and other necessary building machinery and obtains/maintains all necessary safety certifications.
· Operates drills, buffers, grinders, sanders, and other power tools
· Ability to lift a minimum of 50 lbs.
· Performs other duties as assigned.
· Experience with HVAC, Building Engineering, Building Mechanical, Building Electrical is strongly recommended or closely related field or five (5) years of related experience in building or facility management.
· Knowledge of carpentry, electrical, plumbing, and appliance repair.
· Knowledge of building maintenance processes, practices, policies, and procedures.
· Knowledge of safety regulations, policies, and procedures.
· Ability to effectively communicate both oral and written.
· Ability to create and maintain organized and orderly work and storage areas.
· Ability to work flexible hours (nights and weekends) as needed for superior building services during events.
· Ability to function in fast paced, high pressure environment.
· Must possess a strong/honest work ethic.
Sporting Kansas City is looking for energetic interns who can work a flexible schedule (approximately 15-20 hours a week) who enjoy sports, sales and entertainment. Interns should be able to work at least a semester's length of time. The internship may be extended due to the progress or willingness of the intern and staff.
We are willing to work with any level college student. Any major is welcome but majors that would best fit the internship include: Sports Marketing and Management, Business or Communications. This internship is not paid, however there is an opportunity to earn class credit and possibly commissions.
• Assist the sales/service staff with prospect list compilation and database entry.
• Assist the sales/service staff with research and maintaining our database.
• Represent the organization on game day and at other out of office promotional events.
• Make outbound phone calls and follow up with potential prospects.
• Ability to spend at least two (2) days in the office a week.
• Flexible hours including weekends and evenings.
• Proficient in computer skills required (Excel, Word, Power Point, Outlook).
• Organized and detail oriented.
• Have reliable transportation to and from work.
If you have already submitted information into this program, for updating your information, you can also press the EDIT YOUR INFORMATION text at the top of the page. Thank you.
Click here to view all other job opportunities on this board.
Contact the TeamWorkOnline webmaster / FAQ