» Future Consideration Notification/Update - MLS Teams (Various Locations, Various Locations)
JOB TITLE: Youth Soccer Camp Coach
DEPARTMENT: Youth Programs
REPORTS TO: Director of Soccer Programs
PREPARED DATE: January 2015
SUMMARY: Sounders FC Youth Camp coaches will provide coaching instruction to kids ages 4 – 18 who have registered to participate in Sounders FC Summer Camps.
Coaches will be required to follow and teach the specific curriculum as it pertains to each individual topic of the day. Coaches will be responsible for being educated on the Sounders FC Summer Camp coaching curriculum and have an ability to teach the curriculum to children in every age group. Coaching education will be provided at the mandatory and paid orientation day.
Youth Camp coaches are also responsible for the safety of the children at soccer camp. Each camp coach will be provided with a Sounders FC Coaching Handbook and is required to be up to date and familiar with all rules, regulations, and policies regarding child safety.
Coaches are to assist the site director of each camp location in the day-to-day operation of each camp site. This includes, but is not limited to, setting up camp drills, sorting equipment, checking kids into camp, distributing awards, and handing out supplies.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Teaching the Curriculum
• Study and learn Sounders FC 2015 Summer Camp Curriculum
• Effectively carry out the lesson plans and teach the kids according to their age and skill
• Manage the kids at camp to keep them safe
• Keep an eye out for any dangerous opportunities at camp site
• Keep the children under control and behaving in a manner to avoid injury
• Demonstrate ethical and professional behavior in working with campers, campers’ families, fellow team members, leadership, and facility partners.
• Adhere to state laws and Sounders FC policies and procedures
• Assist site director in setting up camp and closing camp each day
• Help sign children in and out of soccer camp
• Organize equipment each day
• Hand out prizes and awards
• Keep kids under control while site director is addressing the group
• Must be able to relate and interact with kids, parents, other coaches, and those in leadership with a professional, appropriate and considerate manner.
• Direct any and all complaints to the site director in a calm and respectful manner
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• Premier level soccer playing experience required
• College playing experience preferred but not required
• Experience in childcare preferred but not required
• Minimum “E” Coaching License or equivalent preferred but not required
• Must be at least 16 years old as of May 31, 2015
• Must have strong leadership skills and ability to communicate effectively and clearly with children
• Must be very punctual
• Must have in-depth knowledge of the soccer so they can effectively teach it to beginners
• Must be able to maintain a positive attitude in every circumstance
• Must be able to effectively demonstrate soccer specific technical abilities
• Will be required to set up promotional material at youth camp locations
• Must be able to move and transport soccer various types of soccer equipment
• CPR/First Aid certification strongly preferred
• 95% of the work will be done in an outdoor environment
• Must be able to work a minimum of 18 hours a week
• Must be available to work a minimum of 6 weeks between June 16 and September 1
• Must be able to provide your own transportation to local camp locations
*** MUST BE ABLE TO WORK IN THE UNITED STATES WITHOUT SPONSORSHIP
When you apply for this job online, you will be required to answer the following questions:
1. Are you 16 years or older?
1. Are you 16 years or older?
Click here to view all other job opportunities on this board.
Contact the TeamWorkOnline webmaster / FAQ