Current available jobs that best match seattle:
» Future Consideration Notification/Update - MLS Teams (Various Locations)
Sounders FC Youth Camp coaches will provide coaching instruction to kids ages 4 – 15 who have registered to participate in Sounders FC Summer Camps.
Coaches will be required to follow and teach the specific curriculum as it pertains to each individual topic of the day. Coaches will be responsible for being educated on the Sounders FC Summer Camp coaching curriculum and have an ability to teach the curriculum to children in every age group.
Youth Camp coaches are also responsible for the safety of the children at soccer camp. Each camp coach will be provided with a Sounders FC Coaching Handbook and is required to be up to date and familiar with all rules, regulations, and policies regarding child safety.
Coaches are to assist the site director of each camp location in the day to day operations of each camp site, that includes and is not limited to, setting up camp drills, sorting equipment, checking kids into camp, distributing awards, and handing out supplies.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Teaching the Curriculum
• Study and learn Sounders FC 2013 Summer Camp Curriculum
• Effectively carry out the lesson plans and teach the kids accordingly based on their age level
• Manage the kids at camp to keep them safe
• Keep an eye out for any dangerous opportunities at camp site
• Keep the children under control and behaving in a manner to avoid injury
• Assist site director in setting up camp and closing camp each day
• Help sign children in and out of soccer camp
• Organize equipment each day
• Hand out prizes and awards
• Keep kids under control while site director is addressing the group
• Be cordial and respectful when dealing with parents at camp
• Direct any and all complaints to the site director in a calm and respectful manner
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
• Premier level soccer playing experience required at high school level
• College playing experience preferred but not required
• Experience in childcare preferred but not required
• Coaching Licenses preferred but not required
• Must have strong leadership skills and ability to communicate effectively and clearly with children
• Must be very punctual
• Must have in-depth knowledge of the soccer so they can effectively teach it to beginners
• Must be able to effectively demonstrate soccer specific technical abilities
• Will be required to set up promotional material at youth camp locations
• Must be able to move and transport soccer various types of soccer equipment
• 98% of the work will be done in an outdoor environment
• Must be able to work 27 hours a week
• Must be available to work a minimum of 6 weeks between June 10 and Sept 1, 2013
• Must be able to provide your own transportation to camp locations
When you apply for this job online, you will be required to answer the following questions:
1. Yes/No: Have you ever worked with kids before? 2. What is your highest level of soccer playing experience? 3. Yes/No: Have you ever coached soccer before? 4. Yes/No: Do you have a reliable form of transportation? 5. Yes/No: Do you have any coaching licenses?
1. Yes/No: Have you ever worked with kids before?
2. What is your highest level of soccer playing experience?
3. Yes/No: Have you ever coached soccer before?
4. Yes/No: Do you have a reliable form of transportation?
5. Yes/No: Do you have any coaching licenses?
If you have already submitted information into this program, for updating your information, you can also press the EDIT YOUR INFORMATION text at the top of the page. Thank you.
Click here to view all other job opportunities on this board.
Contact the TeamWorkOnline webmaster / FAQ