» Coordinator, Event Marketing - Philadelphia Union (Chester, PA)
» Game Day - 5050 Raffle Ticket Seller - Philadelphia Union (Chester, PA)
» Summer 2016 - Social Media Intern - Philadelphia Union (Chester, PA)
» Vice President/Senior Vice President, Corporate Partnerships - Philadelphia Union (Chester, PA)
» Future Consideration Notification/Update - MLS Teams (Various Locations, Various Locations)
The Account Executive is responsible for generating maximum revenue through the sales of full season, partial season, and group tickets plans. This person will establish relationships with local companies, individuals and groups within the community and provide superior levels of service with prospective clients and developed accounts.
JOB DESCRIPTION / REQUIREMENTS:
• Prospect and sell full season, partial season, and group tickets plans for the Philadelphia Union
• Aggressively build new relationships through cold calling, face-to-face appointments, networking, and providing stadium tours
• Responsible for creatively prospecting new sales leads while building and managing a pipeline of potential clients
• Maintain a high level of customer service
• Involvement in game-day activities as well as various Philadelphia Union promotional events and outside functions such as youth soccer events, pub partner events, etc.
• Develop professional relationships with current clients for referral leads
• Develop new ideas to generate further interest and sales of the products
• Additional responsibilities as assigned by the Senior Director of Ticket Sales and Service
• Bachelor’s degree preferred
• Aggressive, competitive, and confident individual
• Passion for sales and creativity
• Positive self-starter with strong work ethic and a desire to build a career in professional sports
• Proven written and presentation skills
• Knowledge of Paciolen ticketing system, Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint a plus
• Ability to work full time during the week with limited, but sometimes mandatory, weekend events
The Coordinator, Event Marketing will be responsible for executing all grassroots marketing events and building brand awareness within the greater Philadelphia region. This person will assist in scheduling grassroots events and building relationships within the community. Applicants should be familiar with Microsoft Office and possess excellent written and oral communication skills. This position requires significant in-market travel, nights and weekends. For this, the in-office schedule will be adjusted accordingly.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Execute all grassroots marketing appearances and build brand awareness within the greater Philadelphia region
• Assist in coordinating all aspects of the Union’s U on Tour with internal and external contacts
• Serve as the point of contact at all U on Tour events
• Assist in the hiring and managing of Event Operations interns each semester
• Staff each event with necessary event operations interns.
o Provide orientation presentation to all incoming interns
• Responsible for on-site management with regards to event evaluation and taking photos
• Responsible for on-site merchandise and ticket sales at select events
• Organize and manage all facets of Union grassroots initiatives including Union vehicles, inflatables, tents, giveaways, etc.
• Work with Partnership Marketing to provide sponsor activation opportunities at events
• Assist in ticket sales initiatives and growing the Philadelphia Union database
• Assist with additional promotional events as needed
• Assist the Bethlehem Steel FC Manager, Marketing & Special Events with select event and game day execution
• Oversee the execution of the plaza on game day with the help of Coordinator, Marketing and Events
• Work all Philadelphia Union home games
• Assist with event execution at The 90th Minute radio show
• Assist with other front office duties as required
• Bachelor’s degree required; degree in Marketing, Event Marketing or Sports Management preferred
• Preferred minimum of 1-2 years of experience in marketing and events
• Must have a valid driver’s license
• Must be able to lift 50 pounds
• Must be available to work nights and weekends
• The ability to work independently and in a team/collaborative work environment is required along with strong organizational, interpersonal and planning skills
If selected, this person will be required to provide the following clearances:
• PA Child Abuse History clearance
• PA State Police Criminal Records Check
• An FBI Criminal Background Check if you have not been a continuous resident of Pennsylvania for 10 years
When you apply for this job online, you will be required to answer the following questions:
1. Are you able to lift 50 pounds? 2. Do you have previous sports marketing experience? 3. Do you have a valid driver's license? 4. Are you available nights and weekends?
1. Are you able to lift 50 pounds?
2. Do you have previous sports marketing experience?
3. Do you have a valid driver's license?
4. Are you available nights and weekends?
POSITION TITLE: 50/50 Raffle Game Day Staff
DEPARTMENT: The Philadelphia Union Foundation
REPORTS TO: Manager, Philadelphia Union Foundation & Accounts Payable Coordinator
The mission of the Philadelphia Union Foundation is to provide opportunities for children through the power of relationships to offer transformational change in the areas of education, community, health, and recreation.
The Philadelphia Union Foundation is a registered 501c3.
The Philadelphia Union is looking for high-energy, motivated sellers to join our 50/50 raffle sales team for the 2016 season.
JOB DESCRIPTION / REQUIREMENTS:
• Approach fans pre-game and in-game to explain the details of the 50/50 raffle program and to sell raffle tickets.
• Accurately handle the sale and distribution of the tickets, following program requirements.
• Answer questions fans may have about the program.
• Turn in all cash and tickets to Coordinator several times throughout and at the end of game-day.
•Hours: Arrive 2.0 hours pre-kick. Shift ends 20-30 minutes after the game ends.
• Must have a High School Diploma or equivalent education
• Prior experience handling cash
• Ability to interact positively with large fan base
• Must be detail oriented and have strong organizational skills
• Strong verbal communication skills
• Customer service skills
• Games are predominantly held on nights and weekends.
Must have availability for 25% of Union Home Games.
The Social Media intern will work directly with the Social Media Coordinator and Digital Manager to help develop and execute social strategies for philadelphiaunion.com. Interns will be responsible for assisting the Marketing and Communication department in day-to-day operations. Additional job responsibilities could be developed around the candidates’ strengths. Interns will be asked to work some nights and weekends. Applicants should be familiar with Microsoft Office and possess excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Must be currently enrolled in college
- Have a working knowledge of soccer
- Exceptional writing and editing skills
- Experience with social media platforms
- Ability to work nights and weekends
- Help maintain and update all Philadelphia Union’s social platforms
- Pre-schedule weekly content
- Perform research in popular trends
- Work on larger scale social media campaigns
- Create and execute social media contests and promotions
- Manage the Union’s @TheUMatchDay Twitter (play by play) account on game days
- Assist in updating and editing content on philadelphiaunion.com
If selected for an internship with the Philadelphia Union the intern will be required to provide the following clearances:
- PA Child Abuse History clearance
- PA State Police Criminal Records Check
- An FBI Criminal Background Check if you have not been a continuous resident of
- Pennsylvania for 10 years
- Those not requiring an FBI check, and have been a continuous resident of PA for the last
- 10 years, must swear or affirm in writing that they have no other convictions that would
- disqualify them.
When you apply for this job online, you will be required to answer the following questions:
1. Will you be enrolled in school during your internship (Required)? 2. Do you have local housing or a plan to get local housing should you be offered the internship? 3. Do you have a means of reliable transportation to the stadium, office and outside events? 4. Are you aware of the location of the stadium and front office? 5. What is your specific weekly availability for this internship, including weekends? 6. When could you start? 7. When would you end? 8. Are you aware that this is an un-paid internship?
1. Will you be enrolled in school during your internship (Required)?
2. Do you have local housing or a plan to get local housing should you be offered the internship?
3. Do you have a means of reliable transportation to the stadium, office and outside events?
4. Are you aware of the location of the stadium and front office?
5. What is your specific weekly availability for this internship, including weekends?
6. When could you start?
7. When would you end?
8. Are you aware that this is an un-paid internship?
This position reports to the Chief Business Officer with frequent interaction with Ownership as the senior sponsorship sales and management executive of an MLS Club. This position oversees corporate sales and partnership marketing.
The overarching responsibility of this function is the generation of revenue, including the management, coordination, sale, and service of team’s core sponsorship inventory, including but not limited to: broadcast, signage, digital, hospitality, print, client promotions, team IP rights, special events, CR programs, and new business development products.
Executive oversight of key vendor relations related to supporting and servicing team’s revenue generation, including but not limited to TV, radio, and print partners. This position is on the senior management team and will have extensive interface with multiple business units, departments, and vendors. This VP/SVP, Corporate Partnerships is an important external emissary to our corporate partners, community partners and our key constituents.
The ideal candidate should possess at least five years of high level experience in a related field, such as Vice President of Corporate Marketing for a major league sports team or entertainment event production company/promoter or a Sales Manager role for a local TV or radio station. The selected individual should also have sold sponsorship assets successfully in his/her past ideally for at least five years. The successful candidate must possess strong consultative and analytical skills, solid understanding of media and packaging, and the ability to create effective plans and programs based upon experience and consumer data to drive sales. Strong writing and communication and team-building skills are a must.
- Develop marketing programs to generate sales and service of all sponsorship inventory
- Thought leader in strategic business development
- Enact desired policies and strategies with CBO, while maintaining open two-way communication
- Management of staff and overall corporate sales function and personal selling of sponsorships
- Develop meaningful business relationships with existing and potential team partners
- Recruit, hire, train and manage sales and services teams
- Liaise with MLS league officials on key business matters
- Represent the club at league meetings and other industry events
- Oversee creation of sales and retention collateral
- Implement organized systems, process, and measurements to most effectively and efficiently manage this critical business function (i.e. – contact management, inventory reporting, metric analysis)
- Help manage team broadcasting and media functions; primarily, partner relations, traffic, fulfillment/service to advertisers, and sellable content creation
- Maintain communicative and collaborative working relationships with other internal departments
- Create strategic plans for business operations and future business development
- Establish and manage budgets, plus compensation programs in conjunction with other management
- Prepare, develop and maintain detailed budgets and other financial reports
- Write and develop proposals and materials
- Be an ambassador on behalf of the MLS Club in the community
- Other projects as deemed necessary
- Bachelor’s Degree required; advanced degree a plus
- Strong sales and sales management background in the area of major league team sports, large market sports media, and/or major events (10+ year of experience preferred)
- A minimum of 5 years supervisory experience with proven ability to lead, coach, manage, mentor and motivate a sales team
- Strong understanding of business, marketing, and advertising principles
- Proven sales and sales management record with integrated and “conceptual” sales
- Able to self-motivate and motivate others
- Able to generate ideas and provide creative solutions
- Superior presentation skills. Easily presents in front of a group as well as in a more personal setting
- Experience in creating detailed operation plans, pro forma statements and budgets
- A proven strategic thinker who will embrace the sales process in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Open, accessible, outgoing, sales-oriented individual who develops and builds strong relationships with community, civic, and media entities
- Ability to develop and implement strategic, operational, and tactical business and marketing plans
- A sound business understanding with previous budgeting, forecasting, and planning experience
- A strong understanding of the professional sports business, including the products, service expectations, importance of media and community relations
- Mature leadership abilities coupled with strong people development and organizational skills
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and conflict resolution skills. Must be a team builder and team player. Must have the ability to relate professionally to all levels of staff, management, clientele, suppliers, and media
- Strong customer service background
- Drive to succeed in high-paced, revenue generating field
- Strong time management and organizational skills
- Able to work non-traditional hours, in non-traditional settings, within a team atmosphere
- Handle multiple projects well
- Demonstrates flexibility and creative problem solving skills
- Must be a skilled negotiator with the ability to under promise with the purpose of over delivery of sponsorship assets
- Ability to develop outstanding internal and external business relationships
- Understands and provides superior customer service
If you wish to be notified of opportunities as they arise, please press "apply" and make sure you check mark off boxes that say "notify me" on the application. Filling in this information now makes it easier for you to access your record later. You will not be considered an applicant to any position unless you apply for the position. Please make sure your email address is correct or we cannot guarantee notification. If you have already submitted information into this program, for updating your information, you can also press the “My Account-TeamWork Online” at the top of the page. Thank you.
Click here to view all other job opportunities on this board.
Contact the TeamWorkOnline webmaster / FAQ