» Foundation/Community Relations Intern (Fall 2017) - Philadelphia Union (Chester, PA)
» Game Day - 5050 Raffle Ticket Seller - Philadelphia Union (Chester, PA)
» Inside Sales Representative - Philadelphia Union (Chester, PA)
» Part-Time Retail Sales Associate – Philadelphia Union Team Store - Angelo's Soccer Corner (Talen Energy Stadium) (Chester, PA)
» Future Consideration Notification/Update - MLS Teams (Various Locations, Various Locations)
Bethlehem Steel FC is looking for passionate and dedicated game day volunteers for the upcoming 2017 season. As part of Bethlehem Steel’s game day volunteers, you will get hands-on experience of how a professional soccer game runs and operates. This is also a great way to network with executives in the Sport Management industry! These volunteer hours can be counted towards school Industry Hours, community service hours, networking opportunities or sign up just for the love of game!
Volunteers assist in many different areas of a game ranging from Game Operations, Media & PR needs, Partnership Activation, Fan Engagement and much more. We look forward to having you with us for the 2017 season!
The Foundation/Community Relations Intern is responsible for assisting in all community outreach efforts and Philadelphia Union Foundation (PUF) projects. Responsibilities include but are not limited to: fundraising support, administration, project management, marketing and promotion, and research. Specific details of this position include handling donation requests and contributions reporting, preparing community related presentations, assisting in planning fundraising and community engagement events, and promoting the efforts of the Philadelphia Union Foundation, which works to assist the continued development of Safe Spaces, Nutrition, Fitness and Mentorship. Additionally, interns will be asked to work all home games and other Union events as assigned. Some nights and weekends will be required. Qualified candidates for this position will have a passion for serving the community as well as the ability to multitask and work in a fast-paced environment. Applicants should be able to communicate with internal and external contacts with ease and be familiar with Microsoft Office and possess excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Research Projects As Assigned
- Grant And Award Applications
- Donor Profile Management
- Donation Requests And Thank You Letters
- River Cup, Cocktails & Cleats And Other Major Fundraising Event Assistance
- Hometown Hero Management
- 50/50 Game Day Responsibilities When Needed
- Other Event Responsibilities Including, But Not Limited To: U on Tour, Clean Ups, Clothes Donation Drop Offs, Soccer Schools, and Clinics With Other Departments
*This is an unpaid, academic internship*
If selected for an internship with the Philadelphia Union the intern will be required to provide the following clearances:
- PA Child Abuse History clearance
- PA State Police Criminal Records Check
- An FBI Criminal Background Check if you have not been a continuous resident of Pennsylvania for 10 years. If you have been a continuous resident of PA for the last 10 years, you may affirm in writing that you have no other convictions that would disqualify employment.
When you apply for this job online, you will be required to answer the following questions:
1. Are you pursuing an undergraduate/graduate degree (required) 2. Are you aware that this is an un-paid internship? 3. Are you receiving course credit for an internship? 4. Do you have local housing or a plan to get local housing should you be offered the internship? 5. What is your specific weekly availability for this internship, including weekends? 6. When could you start? 7. When would you end?
1. Are you pursuing an undergraduate/graduate degree (required)
2. Are you aware that this is an un-paid internship?
3. Are you receiving course credit for an internship?
4. Do you have local housing or a plan to get local housing should you be offered the internship?
5. What is your specific weekly availability for this internship, including weekends?
6. When could you start?
7. When would you end?
The Philadelphia Union is looking for high-energy, motivated sellers to join our 50/50 raffle sales team for the 2017 season. The mission of the Philadelphia Union Foundation is to provide opportunities for children through the power of relationships to offer transformational change in the areas of education, community, health, and recreation. The Philadelphia Union Foundation is a registered 501c3.
- Approach fans pre-game and in-game to explain the details of the 50/50 raffle program and to sell raffle tickets.
- Accurately handle the sale and distribution of the tickets, following program requirements.
- Answer questions fans may have about the program.
- Turn in all cash and tickets to Coordinator several times throughout and at the end of game-day.
- Hours: Arrive 2.0 hours pre-kick. Shift ends 20-30 minutes after the game ends.
- Must have a High School Diploma or equivalent education
- Prior experience handling cash
- Ability to interact positively with large fan base
- Must be detail oriented and have strong organizational skills
- Strong verbal communication skills
- Customer service skills
- Games are predominantly held on nights and weekends
ARE YOU READY FOR THE SUPERDRAFT?
In any industry you’ll find professionals who are content with camping at a certain level of development. You’ll also find a rare breed that are never content and look to continually learn and grow. At the Union, we pride ourselves on seeking out “climbers” to be a part of our team.
Specifically, we’re looking for future all-stars that are looking to get drafted and start their professional career, similar to the likes of Keegan Rosenberry, Josh Yaro, and Fabian Herbers. We are hiring in our tickets sales department right now! If you want to be the best and be a part of something special that is on the rise, the Union are the team for you.
TRAIN LIKE AN MLS ALL-STAR
Whether you are a top goalkeeper in the MLS like Andre Blake or you work in our Ticket Sales Department, the Union believe in constant improvement. We believe in training, training and more training! Our leadership team will be working with you every step of the way to ensure you become a superstar and take home all the hardware at the league awards ceremony!
You’ll be coached by a leadership team that has a combined 40+ years of sports sales and management experience. They will be conducting your training and teaching you everything you need to know to perform at a championship level.
This is a great launching point to begin your career in sports ticket sales. You'll be making phone calls, scheduling meetings, and attending events with qualified Union ticket prospects to sell them ticket packages. You’ll develop and manage relationships while providing exemplary customer service. The majority of your time will be spent in the office but you may work various community and in-stadium events along with all of our 18+ home games. We don’t expect you to already understand how to sell tickets. We’ll provide you with first class training and support to help you be successful.
1. Make 90+ phone calls per day to qualified prospects with a focus of generating full season and partial season ticket sales
2. Manage relationships of both ticket package accounts you sell as well as inherited accounts
3. Be available to work up to 18+ home games
4. Other duties as assigned
BENCH WARMERS NEED NOT APPLY. WE’RE LOOKING FOR HALL OF FAMERS!
We are working to develop the best ticket sales department in all of sports. Therefore, we will be very selective in who we add to our team. We’re looking for candidates who are competitive, coachable, detail oriented, and who have the desire to climb to the top of the industry. Are you ready to be our next All-Star?
Qualification Requirements: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The candidate must have a strong work ethic and a burning desire to build a career in professional sports.
Education and/or experience: Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) from a four-year college or university.
Note: This position works 40 hours per week with compensation consisting of an hourly wage plus commission. Hours may include evenings, weekends, and holidays.
Angelo’s Soccer Corner, Operating Partner of the Philadelphia Union Team Merchandise Shop at Talen Energy Stadium, is looking for outgoing, motivated individuals to join our Game Day Sales Team for the 2017 season. This is a great part-time opportunity to earn money or supplement your regular income while establishing a connection with a local professional sports team and sporting goods business.
Most games are weekend dates beginning March and running through October.
- Sell Merchandise to fans and customers utilizing Point-Of-Sale (POS) registers
- Accurate cash management and handling
- Achieve sales productivity goals
- Provide outstanding customer service
- Accurately check-in and process new merchandise (count, hang, ticket, etc…)
- Assist with merchandising of products and visual displays
- Assist with signage needs related to product displays that include markdowns and promotions
- Participate in physical inventories and periodic cycle counts
- Maintain documents and various media in an organized manner
- Maintain daily detailed communications with team leader
- Execute internal product transfers and merchandise requests
- Accurately maintain retail supply inventory
- Participate in movement of fixtures and retail floor set-ups
- Provide assistance and training for other team members when directed by team leader
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Detail oriented with strong organizational skills
- Positive attitude and strong work ethic a must
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work independently and responsibly in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work flexible and/or extended hours based on business needs
- Perform work requiring extended periods of walking and standing, frequent bending, stooping, reaching, lifting, and light load carrying
If you wish to be notified of opportunities as they arise, please press "apply" and make sure you check mark off boxes that say "notify me" on the application. Filling in this information now makes it easier for you to access your record later. You will not be considered an applicant to any position unless you apply for the position. Please make sure your email address is correct or we cannot guarantee notification. If you have already submitted information into this program, for updating your information, you can also press the “My Account-TeamWork Online” at the top of the page. Thank you.
Click here to view all other job opportunities on this board.