» Future Consideration Notification/Update - MLS Teams (Various Locations, Various Locations)
Los Angeles Football Club is Major League Soccer’s newest team in Los Angeles, set to debut in 2018. We are developing a world-class, forward-thinking sports organization to bring the fastest growing professional sport in America to one of the largest and most diverse markets in the world. Our primary initiatives include: designing and building our stadium, developing all facets of our brand, engaging with our community and developing our sporting team and youth programs. We are looking to grow our high-caliber, diverse team with creative and hard-working individuals who have a passion for sports, entertainment, and many of the lifestyle elements that the beautiful game touches.
We are looking for a talented individual for the Business Analyst or Associate (pre-MBA or post-MBA) position to join the Club’s business strategy group that works on the strategy, development, and execution of the team’s assets such as the new LAFC stadium. The areas we touch include strategy, business model development, and implementation, project management, public private partnerships, financing, etc. As part of this team, you will research, collect data, draw insightful analyses, and develop compelling recommendations. Furthermore, you will be expected to communicate these recommendations to relevant stakeholders and help drive execution. Candidate must be organized, self-motivated and entrepreneurial. The successful candidate will be creative, collaborative, have strong communication skills and demonstrate the ability to multi-task.
· Conduct analysis and research of technical and business issues associated with projects, strategic investments, and opportunities.
· Analyze date to create quantitative and qualitative models which could be forecast, operational, financial, or statistical.
· Structure complex, ambiguous business issues and develop compelling, insightful findings and recommendations.
· Identify and evaluate new opportunities for the organization and develop recommendations on strategic direction and opportunities.
· Support execution of initiatives, projects, and work streams effectively, efficiently, and productively.
· Develop and deliver effective presentations and communications to multiple levels of stakeholders.
· Work with cross-functional teams and external stakeholders to get work done.
· BA/BS degree or equivalent through professional experience.
· 2 years of experience at top-tier management consulting firm, corporate strategy, or investment bank (post-BA/BS).
· Ability to effectively synthesize information to understand the big picture while managing detail.
· Excellent problem solving and analytic skills with a high degree of analytical rigor combined with exceptional business judgment.
· Intermediate skills in qualitative and quantitative modeling.
· Advanced presentation skills.
· Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
· Proven ability to successfully work and partner across multiple functions in an organization.
· Willing to submit to background check.
· 4 years of experience at top-tier management consulting firm, corporate strategy, or investment bank (post-BA/BS) or equivalent.
· Experience in strategy presentation development for executives.
· Operational experience in measuring and improving productivity, utilization, scaling initiatives, etc.
· Demonstrated ability to synthesize information to see big picture while effectively managing detail.
· Self-starter and ability to work in fast changing environments.
· Proven ability to successfully work and partner across multiple stakeholders.
· Passion for sports/soccer and associated lifestyle and culture.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY:
LAFC strongly supports equal employment opportunity for all applicants regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law.
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
LAFC recruitment policies are designed to place the most highly qualified persons available in a timely and efficient manner. LAFC may pursue all avenues available, including promotion from within, employee referrals, outside advertising, employment agencies, Internet recruiting, job fairs, college recruiting and search firms.
Applicants for employment in the U.S. must possess work authorization, which does not require sponsorship by the employer for a visa.
If you wish to be notified of opportunities as they arise, please press "apply" and make sure you check mark off boxes that say "notify me" on the application. Filling in this information now makes it easier for you to access your record later. You will not be considered an applicant to any position unless you apply for the position. Please make sure your email address is correct or we cannot guarantee notification. If you have already submitted information into this program, for updating your information, you can also press the “My Account-TeamWork Online” at the top of the page. Thank you.
Click here to view all other job opportunities on this board.