» BILINGUAL Marketing Asisstant/Street Team - Houston Dynamo/Dash/BBVA Compass Stadium (Houston, TX)
» Box Office Ticket Seller - BBVA Compass Stadium (Houston, TX)
» Graphic Designer - Houston Dynamo/Dash/BBVACompass Stadium (Houston, TX)
» Guest Services Representative (GSR) - Houston Dynamo/BBVA Compass Stadium (Houston, TX)
» Future Consideration Notification/Update - MLS Teams (Various Locations, Various Locations)
2017 SPONSORSHIP FALL INTERNSHIP PROGRAM
The Houston Dynamo organization is seeking two (2) Sponsorship Interns for the fall of 2017. The Houston Dynamo Sponsorship Intern program provides hands-on experience with the various duties and responsibilities required to coordinate a successful professional sporting event.
- Assisting the Partnership Marketing staff in executing all partner contractual elements
- Support the Marketing and Dynamo Charities departments on sponsor programs and initiatives
- Event planning and execution of partner related events at our stadium, training facility and various other venues (networking, appreciation and educational events, among others)
- Game day execution of partner promotions and activations
- Tracking added value for partner including, but not limited to ticket plan promotions, social media, game day giveaway promotion, etc.
- Representing the Houston Dynamo at sponsored events including player, 713 Squad and Dynamo Diesel appearances
- Administrative tasks such as mailing, database upkeep, electronic filing, etc.
- Set up and tear down of partner related elements at games and community events
- Composing season recaps
- Other duties as assigned
Game Days: Arrival time is approximately six (6) hours before kickoff (lunch provided) and departure time is approximately one (1) hour after the game ends (varies by length of postgame player meet and greets). Day of game responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
Texas Street Fest Activation Area: this is the Dynamo pregame festival area where partners set up tents and have interactive games and giveaways for fans. Interns will help partners with various areas of need (i.e., logistical setup, marketing support, coordination details, etc.).
Partner-Branded Activation Support: provide assistance and support with implementation and coordination of activation programs for Dynamo partners; including but not limited to, Audi Suite Parking Lot, Bud Light Beer Garden, etc.
Pre-game Ceremonies Coordination: escorting clients/fans to watch pregame warm-ups, implementing ceremonial “first kick” and client team photo.
Halftime Promotions: escorting guests for bubble soccer/relay race, military ceremony, etc.
In-game Promotions: coordinating selection of participants/winners, awarding prizes, coordinating with production team.
Post-Game Player Meet & Greets: help set up area (setup/teardown, coordination of player autograph signings, partner branding, etc.), along with other logistical details required to conduct program.
COMPANY GUIDELINES & REQUIREMENTS
Intern positions will not be scheduled to work more than twenty eight (28) hours per week under any circumstance. This includes time spent at events, matches, trainings, and in the office.
All interns must be students enrolled in post-secondary education.
In the case of a credit receiving internship, both the intern and their educational institution must agree that our internship policies will qualify the intern to receive credit.
Candidates must exhibit a “team first” attitude.
Candidates must have the ability to maintain a professional demeanor in the presence of clients, players, VIPs.
Candidates must exhibit a strong desire to learn and a strong work ethic.
Candidates must exhibit a positive outlook that values customer service.
Candidates must exhibit a passion to succeed in the sports industry.
Candidates must be flexible and able to adapt to various needs.
Candidates understand positions are unpaid and do not entitle individual to future employment with club.
The Houston Dynamo and Houston Dash are seeking part-time dynamic, enthusiastic and outgoing individuals to serve as Marketing Assistants.
Marketing Assistants serve as key community ambassadors for the Dynamo and Dash at a variety of public events in the Houston area and at home games for both teams. Their mission is to interact with potential and existing fans, providing information and collateral as well as ticketing opportunities. These motivated individuals also execute interactive contests and giveaways. Other opportunities within sponsorship, team-related activities, marketing and public relations also exist as a part of this program.
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities as well as be able to effectively communicate and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Bilingual (English & Spanish)
- Enthusiastically interact and communicate with fans at Dynamo and Dash games as well as community and sponsor events
- Facilitate activation at events, while providing superb customer service and displaying excitement about the organization
- Have a working knowledge of US and international soccer, team promotions and current ticket programs
- Distribute Dynamo and Dash collateral during events and promotions
- Assist in set-up and breakdown of interactive tent and event display
- Available to work Dynamo and Dash game days as well as other International games/events that may be associated with the organization
- Drive promotional vehicle; must have a good driving record and valid Texas driver’s license
- Ability to work evenings, holidays and weekends
- Experience working promotional events
- Hold or working towards a degree in marketing or related discipline
- Moving and lifting objects that exceed 50 lbs.
When you apply for this job online, you will be required to answer the following questions:
1. Are you fluent (read, write, speak) in Spanish?
1. Are you fluent (read, write, speak) in Spanish?
Box Office Ticket Seller
Responsible for providing excellent guest service at all BBVA Compass Stadium events while selling and distributing tickets on the day of the event.
Duties include, but are not limited to the following:
- Selling walk up tickets
- Distributing Will Call tickets
- Cash handling and reconciliation
- General customer service
- Provide stadium information and directions
- Assist with problems/issues
- High School diploma or equivalent required
- Must to have at least one (1) year prior ticket selling/customer service experience, preferably in a sports/entertainment venue environment.
- Must be available to work evenings, weekends, and holidays
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Must be able to work in a fast paced environment
- Must show commitment and willingness to provide excellent customer service
- Must maintain a neat, clean, and well-groomed appearance per the Forever Orange Human Resources Policies and Procedures
The Graphic Designer will assist in in the creation of content for the Houston Dynamo, Houston Dash, and BBVA Compass Stadium programming and events. The Graphic Designer / Sales Administrator will be responsible for development and management of all text and image libraries and will work directly with the Clubs Graphic Design Manager to source materials and vendors needed for hard and soft copies of presentations. The successful candidate will also be required to assist the Partnership Marketing team with sponsor related events at the stadium on game day, and other sponsorship related activities, when needed.
· Paid Holidays & Vacations
· Paid Sick Leave
· Casual Dress/Atmosphere
• Assist in the creation of print materials such as flyers, brochures, posters, postcards, direct mail pieces and invitations
• Assist in the design and illustration of graphic materials including logos, signage and website images
• Assist with photo editing and manipulation of graphics for sponsor mockups and marketing presentations
• Creation of website ad banners and email blast creative, and ability to support design initiatives of HoustonDynamo.com and team microsites
• Assist with preparation of projects including finding useable photos, scanning and photography
• Manage all graphic design requests from across the Houston Dynamo organization and their partners, and assist with sponsorship presentations and PowerPoint templates
• Assist with other duties as necessary
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY:
· Excellent design sense, strong conceptual ability, cutting edge design skills and creativity
· Understanding of photography and an eye for photos that will convey necessary messages for design goals
· Ability to multi-task and meet aggressive deadlines
· High level of interest, involvement and enthusiasm
· Excellent communication skills required, and grammatical, spelling, proofreading abilities are preferred
· Willingness to work both individually and in a team environment, and ability to take design direction and criticism is a must
· Dependable transportation to the downtown Houston area
· Flexible work schedule, including holidays and weekends
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS:
2-4 years of graphic or commercial art experience OR any equivalent combination of experience and/or education from which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have been achieved
Expertise with Adobe Creative Cloud (Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign) and Mac OSX
Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel, Powerpoint)
Photography and motion graphics experience strongly preferred, but not required
Bilingual candidates preferred
Guest Services Representative (GSR)
Responsible for providing excellent guest services at all BBVA Compass Stadium events and working a variety of positions.
Duties include, but are not limited to the following:
Provide general customer service
Assist patrons with finding their seats
Provide stadium information and directions
Assist with problems/issues
Work elevator shifts
Scan tickets at entry
Control ticket access points throughout the stadium
Must be available to work evenings, weekends, and holidays
Strong interpersonal and communication skills
Must be able to work in a fast paced environment
High School diploma or equivalent required
Must show commitment and willingness to provide excellent customer service
Must maintain a neat, clean, and well-groomed appearance per the AEG Human Resources Policies and Procedures
Must be able to stand for long periods of time, and withstand various weather elements such as high temperature and rain
If you wish to be notified of opportunities as they arise, please press "apply" and make sure you check mark off boxes that say "notify me" on the application. Filling in this information now makes it easier for you to access your record later. You will not be considered an applicant to any position unless you apply for the position. Please make sure your email address is correct or we cannot guarantee notification. If you have already submitted information into this program, for updating your information, you can also press the “My Account-TeamWork Online” at the top of the page. Thank you.
Click here to view all other job opportunities on this board.