» Team Nutritionist - LA Galaxy (Carso, CA)
» Future Consideration Notification/Update - MLS Teams (Various Locations, Various Locations)
LA Galaxy Inside Sales Associates will be responsible for further developing, maintaining, and increasing Season Ticket Sales, Partial Plan Sales and individual Sales. These individuals will possess a strong focus on relationship sales by generating new revenue through a process of prospecting by attending events in greater Los Angeles and calling a high volume of leads daily.
Inside Sales Associates will be trained in all aspects of ticket sales and service. Inside Sales Associates will have monthly goals based on outbound calls, outside networking events and ticket sales revenue generation.
Duties & Responsibilites:
- Attend events in local soccer and local business community - Each event is an opportunity to sell tickets, capture data as well as build relationship with the local soccer and business community.
- Take part in ticket sales and service training to become proficient at making outbound calls as well as attending events
- Provide updates from weekly events that include leads, sales progress, and event notes
- Utilize Customer Retention Management system to track and report progress of relationships with all clients
- Handle incoming sales calls from sales prospects as opportunity is provided. Meet or exceed weekly and monthly sales goals in the areas of Galaxy, Galaxy II tickets and Club ticket packages Take part in department-wide outbound call campaigns
Required Qualifications (Job Knowledge, Skills, and Education):
- A minimum education level of: High School Diploma or its equivalency (BA/BS Degree Preferred)
- A minimum of 0-2 years of related work experience
- A desire to help set the standard for client experience and retention departments in the sports industry
- Genuinely excited about providing an outstanding level of customer service
- Exemplary self-discipline, professionalism, pride and work ethic
- Outstanding listening, written, and verbal communication skills
- Team-oriented with a proactive positive attitude
- Unquestionable integrity
- Willingness to take initiative and ownership of projects
- Detail oriented with ability to multi-task effectively and with a sense of urgency, sometimes under a high level of stress
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Proven to be reliable, diligent, self-motivated and dedicated
- Ability to reason and problem solve. Define problems, collect data, establish facts, draw valid conclusions, make independent decisions, and exercise independent judgment and discretion
- Enthusiasm for and/or experience in professional sports sales and/or service
- Thoroughness and attention to detail
- Compliance with organizational directives
- Flexible hours required: working evenings/nights, weekends and holidays
The Team Nutritionist for the LA Galaxy will manage the day-to-day administering of pre and post supplementation, meal plans and nutritional education of the athletes, development through 1st team.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation.
Performs as a Performance Dietitian in managing the diet and nutrition of all athletes. Health care included but not limited to:
- Diet consultations
- On site pre and post recovery supplements following MLS and FIFA banned substances rules
- Evaluate hydration daily and weekly of athletes
- Develop excel spreadsheets that will monitor all data collected
- Monitor and construct wellness sheets to weekly evaluate athletes
- Report weekly to director of sports medicine on individual athletes issues pertaining to diet, nutrition, health and fatigue
- Ensure compliancy with OSHA standards with regard to blood borne pathogens
- Order, maintain, and inventory supplies and clinical equipment
- Keep player lounge and clinic area safe, clean and organized
- Maintain player diet records and submit computerized data per director of sports medicine
- Provide expert opinion to medical and coaching staff on ways to improve health and recovery throughout the year
- Supervise national interns/ associates throughout season
- Demonstrate interpersonal skills required to work effectively with all LA Galaxy, LA Galaxy II and Academy players, coaches other team personnel and MLS staff
- Counsel players in regard to dietary needs, nutritional supplements and League and FIFA banned substances
- Oversee appropriate usage of Herbalife product, as well as other sports nutrition products/supplements.
- Participate in Herbalife events as needed.
NON-ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
In addition to performing the essential functions, this position may be required to perform a combination of the following supportive functions, with the percentage of time performing each function to be solely determined by Supervisor.
- On a limited basis, participate in community service/educational programs related to sports medicine
- Participate in activities/meetings/programs as required by club director of sports medicine
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY:
- The successful candidate will possess strong verbal & written communication skills
- Highly organized, detail oriented and able to manage multiple priorities and projects at once
- Excellent at relationship building and people skills
- Possess strong problem-solving skills
- Proactive and have the ability to work independently without the need for supervision.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks
- Ability to handle minor lifting and load/unload merchandise
- Minimum 2 years of sports dietician experience in a sports environment
- Team sports experience is preferred
- Current CPR certification
- Bachelor’s degree in sports, nutrition, health science or related field preferred
Due to the cyclical nature of the entertainment industry, the employee may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the company including working game nights
If you wish to be notified of opportunities as they arise, please press "apply" and make sure you check mark off boxes that say "notify me" on the application. Filling in this information now makes it easier for you to access your record later. You will not be considered an applicant to any position unless you apply for the position. Please make sure your email address is correct or we cannot guarantee notification. If you have already submitted information into this program, for updating your information, you can also press the “My Account-TeamWork Online” at the top of the page. Thank you.
Click here to view all other job opportunities on this board.