» Service Executive (Season Tickets) - LA Galaxy (Carson, CA)
» Future Consideration Notification/Update - MLS Teams (Various Locations, Various Locations)
This person will be responsible for supervising and executing marketing aspects, supporting marketing events and coordinating events for the LA Galaxy and StubHub Center.
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation
- Effectively works with the Marketing and Creative teams to execute Galaxy marketing campaign.
- Manages LA Galaxy brand guidelines.
- Manages LA Galaxy graphic design team work load, promotional item vendors and printing company.
- Manages in-game advertising inventory, including GalaxyTV, LED Boards and PA reads.
- Oversees LA Galaxy II broadcast execution from spots, copy to production.
- Works with senior management to develop advertising and promotional campaigns that drive attendance.
- Oversees development and execution of TV, Radio, digital, direct and print event creative. Includes approval of creative concepts, assisting in writing and editing advertising material, securing voice talent, etc.
- Responsible for developing, managing and executing Galaxy event advertising and promotion budget.
- Leads the development and execution of all Galaxy promotions.
- Serves as point of contact for all media partners as it relates to promotion development and execution.
- Manages the delivery of campaign creative assets to all media partners.
- Develop & create tracking mechanisms for each marketing and media advertising campaign to help evaluate overall effectiveness and identify strengths and opportunities.
- Proactively coordinates multiple projects with various department heads.
- Builds winning relationships with all departments.
- Communicates necessary marketing promotion and media campaign information with the various internal stakeholders to ensure campaigns are executed correctly.
- Evaluates department processes and develops recommendations and implementation plans to improve those processes.
- Collaborate with multiple cross-functional teams to develop best in class opportunities – sales leadership, creative services, planning, editorial, product, content, distribution, and marketing team.
- Knowledge of soccer and passion for MLS and the LA Galaxy.
- Having bi-lingual skills is a plus.
Regular attendance and hours in conformance with the standards, which may be established by the LA Galaxy, StubHub Center and AEG from time to time, is essential to the successful performance of this position. Due to the cyclical nature of the sports and entertainment industry, the employee may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the company including working game nights.
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY:
- The successful candidate will possess strong verbal & written communication skills
- Highly organized, detail oriented and able to manage multiple priorities and projects at once
- Excellent at relationship building and people skills
- Possess strong problem-solving skills.
- Proactive and have the ability to work independently without the need for supervision.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks
- Ability to handle minor lifting and load/unload merchandise
- Knowledge of soccer and MLS
QUALIFICATIONS & STANDARDS:
- BS/BA degree required
- Two-four years of sports and entertainment experience
Anschutz Entertainment Group, Inc. (“AEG”) is a subsidiary of The Anschutz Company and one of the leading sports and entertainment presenters in the world. AEG owns a collection of companies including multi-use facilities such as STAPLES Center and StubHub! Center in Southern California, several sports franchises including the Los Angeles Kings (NHL) and Los Angeles Galaxy (MLS) and AEG LIVE, one of the world's leading concert promotions and touring companies. AEG is also currently overseeing the development of L.A. LIVE, 4 million sq. ft. downtown L.A. sports, residential and entertainment district.
LA Galaxy Service Executives oversee and manage relationships with Galaxy Season Ticket Members. They are responsible for maximizing season ticket renewal percentages by providing outstanding customer service, developing personal and long term relationships with their clients, and proactively overcoming objections and challenges that may hinder their clients’ likelihood of renewing. Relationships will be built through systematic and meaningful contact including outbound calls, out-of-office face to face appointments, personalized letters, game day seat visits, customized emails, prompt responses to inbound calls, and other special team-related events. LA Galaxy Service Executives are trained in ticket sales and must be experts in all facets of the ticket sales approach.
A core function of LA Galaxy Service Executives is proactively and aggressively generating new revenue through each Season Ticket Member via ticket add-ons, upselling, cross-selling, and generating referrals. Members of the Service Team will also provide support to the LA Galaxy’s ticket sales team by performing vital day-to-day functions, as assigned, that position the team for continued growth.
Ultimately each LA Galaxy Service Executive will be responsible for managing a portfolio of LA Galaxy season ticket revenue and renewing and increasing that portfolio by providing a service level that is of the highest standard. By creating and maintaining this level of service excellence, both in individual interactions with Season Ticket Members and in joint efforts with fellow LA Galaxy Season Ticket Service Executives, they will increase customer loyalty and renewal percentages, generate additional revenues, and distinguish the LA Galaxy from other teams in the Los Angeles area and throughout professional sports.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Retention and renewal of LA Galaxy Season Ticket Members
- Develop and maintain positive personal relationships with LA Galaxy Season Ticket Members via out-bound calls, out-of-office face to face appointments, personalized letters and emails
- Be experts in understanding and using MLS ticket sales best practices
- Make a minimum number of touch points per Season Ticket account per year, depending upon profile of each account
- Provide prompt, thorough, and courteous responses to all inbound customer communication – phone calls, emails, mail, etc.
- Implement and execute all amenities, benefits, and events for Season Ticket Members
- Respond to all Season Ticket Member service needs such as customer service issues, ticket exchange and add-on requests, financial billing, and other ticketing and team-related questions
- Utilize CRM system to track and report progress of relationships with all Season Ticket Members, as well as to ensure client profiles are always up-to-date
- Create, manage, and analyze all data from ticket sales surveys to improve department efficiency, retention rates, and customer satisfaction and loyalty
- Work sales table at LA Galaxy events
- Generate new revenue referrals through up-selling, cross-selling, and uncovering account referrals
- Take part in department-wide outbound call campaigns
- Other duties as assigned by the Manager of Season Ticket Sales and Service and other sales managers
SUPPORTIVE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Monitor, respond to or re-route all incoming communications to general Galaxy voice mail and email inboxes
- Ensure marketing, ticket operations, and PR have all accurate ticket sales package information for website updates, order form updates, press releases, and ticketing system requirements
- Generate appropriate lists in conjunction with ticket sales management to support ticket sales initiatives
- Maintain effective and efficient CRM database
- Review and document fan complaints
- Proactively build service and experience networks and database of ideas
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.
- A burning desire to help set the standard for client experience and retention departments in the sports industry
- A passion for maximizing clients’ revenue potential by identifying cross-selling, corporate, and Rising Stars sales opportunities
- Genuinely excited about providing an outstanding level of customer service
- Exemplary self-discipline, professionalism, pride and work ethic
- Outstanding listening, written, and verbal communication skills
- Team-oriented with a proactive positive attitude
- Willingness to take initiative and ownership of projects
- Detail orented with ability to multi-task effectively wand with a sense of urgency, sometimes under a high level of stress
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Proven to be reliable, diligent, self-motivated and dedicated
- Ability to reason and problem solve. Define problems, collect data, establish facts, draw valid conclusions, make independent decisions, and exercise independent judgment and discretion
- Quality presentation skills – ability to create, analyze, interpret, and present reports and correspondence
- Creativity and ability to see ideas through to successful execution
- Enthusiasm for and/or experience in professional sports sales and/or service
- Thoroughness and attention to detail
- Compliance with organizational directives
- Flexible hours required: working evenings/nights, weekends and holidays
QUALIFICATIONS, EDUCATION, FORMAL TRAINING, AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelors degree in communications, sports, business, marketing or related field preferred
- High proficiency in Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Internet use, and other basic computer usage
- Experience and training in Customer Relations Management system preferred
- Familiarity with basic tenets of sales and customer service, sports industry specific a plus
- Bilingual English and Spanish a plus
- Licenses or certificates – none specifically required.
- Grooming – employee must maintain a neat, clean and well-groomed appearance. Good hygiene & professional appearance required. Business attire in office and during events. Employees may be required to wear Galaxy attire (to be provided) when representing the Galaxy in public.
- Work Environment – at times the noise level may be loud (especially during games).
Competitive base salary plus performance-based commissions and bonuses
This position is a critical one for the Galaxy ticket sales department and therefore for the entire organization. The ideal candidate brings enthusiasm, solid experience, the ability to perform one’s core functions with the highest quality while proactively seeking new ways to improve our organization’s interactions with fans, and the desire to make fans’ experiences with the Galaxy positive and memorable.
If you wish to be notified of opportunities as they arise, please press "apply" and make sure you check mark off boxes that say "notify me" on the application. Filling in this information now makes it easier for you to access your record later. You will not be considered an applicant to any position unless you apply for the position. Please make sure your email address is correct or we cannot guarantee notification. If you have already submitted information into this program, for updating your information, you can also press the “My Account-TeamWork Online” at the top of the page. Thank you.
Click here to view all other job opportunities on this board.