» VP, Partnership Sales - Galaxy (Los Angeles, CA)
» Future Consideration Notification/Update - MLS Teams (Various Locations, Various Locations)
Anschutz Entertainment Group, Inc. (“AEG”) is a subsidiary of The Anschutz Company and one of the leading sports and entertainment presenters in the world. AEG owns a collection of companies including multi-use facilities such as STAPLES Center and StubHub! Center in Southern California, several sports franchises including the Los Angeles Kings (NHL) and Los Angeles Galaxy (MLS) and AEG LIVE, one of the world's leading concert promotions and touring companies. AEG is also currently overseeing the development of L.A. LIVE, 4 million sq. ft. downtown L.A. sports, residential and entertainment district.
The team is seeking a professional, passionate, hard-working and dedicated sales person with the self-motivation and desire to start a solid career in the sports industry. The primary focus will be on selling LA Galaxy group tickets and amateur soccer programming. This individual will also have the ability to sell LA Galaxy season tickets, mini plans, and other packages. Account Executives are provided with some leads, but are also responsible for seeking new business, through web research, networking mixers, client referrals, cold-calling, etc.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Generate new group sales by targeting and developing relationships primarily with youth soccer organizations, as well as businesses, universities, church groups, youth groups, after school programs, alumni organizations, fan groups, and other community groups.
• Attend youth soccer tournaments, board meetings, coach meetings, team parent meetings and other out of the office youth soccer meetings as required
• Make sales calls from category lists to area organizations and follow-up as necessary.
• Responsible for servicing, renewing, up-selling, and cross-selling current group accounts.
• Proficient in all LA Galaxy packages including full season seats, partial plans, luxury seating, kicks for kids, and other special events.
• Full participation in extensive inbound/outbound call campaigns including meeting large new outbound call requirements.
• Maintain a minimum daily average of 40 outbound calls – volume maybe increased or decreased based upon the time of year and needs of the organization.
• Generate maximum revenue using all sales methods including face-to-face appointments, stadium tours, territory prospecting, and networking.
• Meet or exceed weekly, monthly, and annual sales goals and activity requirements.
• Service all clients in accordance with ticket sales department service guidelines.
• Perform “game day” responsibilities, including entertaining clients and prospects, working ticket sales booths, and fulfillment of large group event partnerships.
• Attend team, community, and other events for purpose of maximizing sales opportunities
• Assist with creative development for production of sales materials including flyers, brochures, and other support material.
• Coordinate with other departments to organize events that generate group ticket sales.
• Recording and reporting of sales functions to supervisor(s).
• Other duties as assigned by Senior Manager of Ticket Sales and Manager of Amateur Soccer and Fan Development.
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.
• Highly motivated, naturally aggressive, with a positive attitude.
• Sales experience preferred, sports sales experience a plus.
• Exemplary self-discipline, professionalism, pride and work ethic.
• Outstanding listening, written, and verbal communication skills.
• Committed to personal integrity and team oriented.
• Detail oriented with ability to multi-task effectively and with a sense of urgency, sometimes under a high level of stress.
• Excellent organizational and time management skills.
• Creativity and ability to see ideas through to successful execution.
• Enthusiasm for and/or experience in professional sports sales and/or service.
• Thoroughness and attention to detail.
• Compliance with organizational directives.
• Flexible hours required: working evenings/nights, weekends and holidays.
QUALIFICATIONS, EDUCATION, FORMAL TRAINING, AND EXPERIENCE
• Bachelors degree in communications, sports, business, marketing or related field preferred.
• Experience and training in Ticketmaster, Archtics, Microsoft CRM, or other Customer Relations Management system preferred.
• High proficiency in Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Internet use, and other basic computer usage.
• Familiarity with basic tenets of sales and customer service, sports industry specific a plus.
• Bilingual in English and Spanish a plus.
• Licenses or certificates – none specifically required.
• Grooming – employee must maintain a neat, clean and well-groomed appearance. Good hygiene & professional appearance required. Business casual attire in office and during events. Employees may be required to wear LA Galaxy attire (to be provided) when representing the Galaxy in public.
The Vice President, Partnership Sales is responsible for generating sponsorship as well as managing the sponsorship budget goals for LA Galaxy, Galaxy II and the StubHub Center. S/he will work with the AEG Global Partnerships structure and resources on a consistent basis. The VP, Partnership Sales will also be responsible for managing a team who will also work closely with Global Partnerships specifically the activation team.
This position will be based in AEG’s LA LIVE headquarters as well as at the StubHub Center in Carson, reporting into the Senior Vice President, Partnership Sales. The VP will work for the Global Partnerships Division but will work directly with the President of the Galaxy and front office as well as the GM of StubHub Center and other venue staff as needed.
The candidate we select into this key role will have a proven track record in building successful partnerships gbcas well as consistently securing seven-figure investments with FORTUNE 500 organizations.
S/he already has an established reputation and track record of success, gained with any combination of major brands, teams or agencies, and is now looking to further enhance their reputation with one of the leading sports and entertainment companies in the world.
•A minimum education level of: Bachelor of Arts/Sciences Degree (4-year).
•10+ years of sales experience, including 7 years of sponsorship sales, servicing and activation experience within the Entertainment or Sports Industries.
•Renowned solution selling pedigree.
•Expertise in identifying opportunities, developing strategies and negotiating creative solutions.
•Exemplary problem-solving, communication and presentation skills.
•Ability to synergize the efforts of individuals and teams from multiple AEG business units to accomplish the goals of the company.
•Ability to effectively managing a sales team by motivating and supporting them to reach their sales goals.
•Known throughout the industry for their poise and professionalism when interacting with internal and external contacts.
•Advanced Degree preferred
Click here to view all other job opportunities on this board.
Contact the TeamWorkOnline webmaster / FAQ