» LA Galaxy Digital Associate - LA Galaxy Digital Associate (Carson, CA)
» Sports & Entertainment Career Fair (May 27, 2015) - LA Galaxy (Los Angeles, CA)
» Future Consideration Notification/Update - MLS Teams (Various Locations, Various Locations)
Anschutz Entertainment Group, Inc. (“AEG”) is a subsidiary of The Anschutz Company and one of the leading sports and entertainment presenters in the world. AEG owns a collection of companies including multi-use facilities such as STAPLES Center and StubHub! Center in Southern California, several sports franchises including the Los Angeles Kings (NHL) and Los Angeles Galaxy (MLS) and AEG LIVE, one of the world's leading concert promotions and touring companies. AEG is also currently overseeing the development of L.A. LIVE, 4 million sq. ft. downtown L.A. sports, residential and entertainment district.
The team is seeking a professional, passionate, hard-working and dedicated sales person with the self-motivation and desire to start a solid career in the sports industry. The primary focus will be on selling LA Galaxy group tickets to organizations within the Southern California area. This individual will also be responsible for selling LA Galaxy season tickets, mini plans, and other packages. Account Executives are provided with some leads, but are also responsible for seeking new business, through web research, networking mixers, client referrals, cold-calling, etc.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Generate new group sales by targeting and developing relationships with Non Profits, Schools, Churches and other organizations within Southern California.
• Responsible for servicing, renewing, up-selling, and cross-selling current group accounts.
• Responsible for building theme night and group sales business plans.
• Proficient in all LA Galaxy packages including full season seats, partial plans, luxury seating, kicks for kids, and other special events.
• Full participation in extensive inbound/outbound call campaigns including meeting large new outbound call requirements.
• Maintain a minimum daily average of 40 outbound calls - volume maybe increased or decreased based upon the time of year and needs of the organization.
• Generate maximum revenue using all sales methods including face-to-face appointments, stadium tours, territory prospecting, and networking.
• Meet or exceed weekly, monthly, and annual sales goals and activity requirements.
• Service all clients in accordance with ticket sales department service guidelines.
• Perform "game day" responsibilities, including entertaining clients and prospects, working ticket sales booths, and fulfillment of large group event partnerships.
• Attend team, community, and other events for purpose of maximizing sales opportunities
• Assist with creative development for production of sales materials including flyers, brochures, and other support material.
• Coordinate with other departments to organize events that generate group ticket sales.
• Recording and reporting of sales functions to supervisor(s).
• Other duties as assigned by Manager of Ticket Sales and Service
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.
• Highly motivated, naturally aggressive, with a positive attitude.
• Sales experience preferred, sports sales experience a plus.
• Exemplary self-discipline, professionalism, pride and work ethic.
• Outstanding listening, written, and verbal communication skills.
• Committed to personal integrity and team oriented.
• Detail oriented with ability to multi-task effectively and with a sense of urgency, sometimes under a high level of stress.
• Excellent organizational and time management skills.
• Creativity and ability to see ideas through to successful execution.
• Enthusiasm for and/or experience in professional sports sales and/or service.
• Thoroughness and attention to detail.
• Compliance with organizational directives.
• Flexible hours required: working evenings/nights, weekends and holidays.
QUALIFICATIONS, EDUCATION, FORMAL TRAINING, AND EXPERIENCE
• Bachelor’s degree in communications, sports, business, marketing or related field preferred.
• Experience and training in Outbox, Microsoft CRM, or other Customer Relations Management system preferred.
• High proficiency in Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Internet use, and other basic computer usage.
• Familiarity with basic tenets of sales and customer service, sports industry specific a plus.
• Bilingual in English and Spanish a plus.
LA Galaxy Digital Associate – LA Galaxy (Carson, Calif.)
Department: LA Galaxy Communications and Digital
Hours required: 16 to 20 hours per week
The LA Galaxy is seeking a Digital Associate to assist with day-to-day digital and social functions for lagalaxy.com and the club’s social channels. Applicants must have a strong work ethic, good time management skills and the desire to expand their knowledge and sports business experience.
- Basic understanding of Drupal content management system
- Experience working in a digital ecosystem
- Understanding of various social media channels
- Strong written communication skills
- Ability to edit, proof read and craft copy
- Strong analysis, problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- Must be self-motivated and have strong verbal and written communication skills
- Must be well organized and detailed oriented
- Knowledge of HTML, Photoshop and Adobe
- Understanding of the game of Soccer and Major League Soccer
Duties will include:
- Update and maintain lagalaxy.com
- Assist with management of LA Galaxy social channels including facebook, twitter and instagram
- Assist with the managements of stubhubcenter.com
- Manage LA Galaxy II content development and web assets around LA Galaxy II
- Build and create engaging content
- Edit, proof read and craft copy for lagalaxy.com
- Research and identify digital trends and best practices
- Edit and maintain a robust content calendar
- Work collectively with communications, video and photo staff
- Photo editing
- Video archiving
- Packaging content
All Associates will receive compensation of $10/per hour.
Due to the cyclical nature of the entertainment industry, employees may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the company.
When you apply for this job online, you will be required to answer the following questions:
1. Are you familiar with the LA Galaxy and Major League Soccer? yes/no 2. Do you have experience working on websites? 3. Do you have social media experience? 4. Do you have local housing available in the Los Angeles area? yes/no 5. Do you have reliable transportation? yes/no
1. Are you familiar with the LA Galaxy and Major League Soccer? yes/no
2. Do you have experience working on websites?
3. Do you have social media experience?
4. Do you have local housing available in the Los Angeles area? yes/no
5. Do you have reliable transportation? yes/no
Join the LA Galaxy along with other notable organizations from the sports and entertainment industry at our 2015 Career Fair on Wednesday May 27, 2015. Please bring your resume and a photo ID. Dress is business casual. More detailed check-in instructions will be e-mailed out one week prior. Game ticket is included with purchase.
- LA Clippers
- LA Galaxy
- LA Kings
- LA Sparks
- Ontario Reign
- MLS National Sales Center
- Staples Center
- San Diego Padres
- The Beast 980
- UCLA Athletics
- USC Athletics
5:00pm: Introduction from current employee Mike Gasparro who attended the career fair last year
5:10pm: Company Introductions
5:15pm: Event Starts
6:30pm: Event Ends
7:30pm: Kick-Off: LA Galaxy vs. Real Salt Lake
Registration is a two-step processs:
Step 1: To apply for this job, please fill out the application below completely including uploading your resume.
Step 2: After completing Step 1, you will receive further instructions on how to complete your application for this position. You will not be considered unless you have completed both Step 1 and Step 2.
Please make sure that your SPAM filter allows emails from TeamWork Online addresses.
Click here to view all other job opportunities on this board.
Contact the TeamWorkOnline webmaster / FAQ