» Manager, Group Sales - LA Galaxy (Carson, CA)
» Photography Intern - LA Galaxy (Carson, CA)
» Future Consideration Notification/Update - MLS Teams (Various Locations, Various Locations)
The LA Galaxy is seeking a Video Production intern to assist with day-to-day video productions for lagalaxy.com and In-Stadium presentations. Applicant must have a strong work ethic, good time management skills and the desire to expand their knowledge and gain sports business experience.
- Basic understanding of video camera functionality
- Experience with DSLR Cameras
- Skills in Non-Linear Editing on Final Cut Pro X on Apple Computers
- Design skills with Adobe Suite
- Knowledge of compression techniques
- Strong attention to detail
- Understanding of the game of Soccer and the MLS
Duties will include:
- Edit match previews, event recaps, and in-stadium content
- Photo editing
- Assist in production (audio, lighting, camera operation)
- Video archiving
- SEO, uploading video
- Packaging content
- Film live game footage, and post game video reactions
All Interns must be eligible to receive college/university credit for their time served. This internship is unpaid.
Due to the cyclical nature of the entertainment industry, employees may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the company.
1. Are you eligible for school credit? yes/no
2. Are you familiar with the LA Galaxy and Major League Soccer? yes/no
3. Do you have local housing available in the Los Angeles area? yes/no
4. Do you have reliable transportation? yes/no
5. Are you comfortable being in a male locker room? yes/no
6. Do you own video equipment? yes/no
5. I understand that this is an unpaid internship. yes/no
Anschutz Entertainment Group, Inc. (“AEG”) is a subsidiary of The Anschutz Company and one of the leading sports and entertainment presenters in the world. AEG owns a collection of companies including multi-use facilities such as STAPLES Center and StubHub! Center in Southern California, several sports franchises including the Los Angeles Kings (NHL) and Los Angeles Galaxy (MLS) and AEG LIVE, one of the world's leading concert promotions and touring companies. AEG is also currently overseeing the development of L.A. LIVE, 4 million sq. ft. downtown L.A. sports, residential and entertainment district.
The team is seeking a hard-working, passionate, and dedicated sales manager with the desire to work and lead in group sales. This position will focus on managing the group sales team; organizing theme nights and promotions in coordination with the marketing, communications, operations, and community departments; providing accurate and timely reports to sales directors; and thoughtfully developing and executing initiatives to increase group sales.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Coordinate with other departments to organize and implement group theme nights
• Daily management of group sales representatives
• Development of sales representatives sales skills by facilitating on the job training and coaching
• Maintaining and developing relationships with key organizations
• Implementing new group sales programs and maximizing revenue from existing group sales programs
• Perform game day responsibilities, including entertaining clients and fulfillment of large group event partnerships
• Attend team, community, and other events for purpose of maximizing sales opportunities
• Meet or exceed weekly, monthly, and annual sales team goals and activity requirements
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.
• At least 3 years sales experience required
• Ability to read, listen, and communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing
• Proven leadership experience
• Thoroughness and attention to detail
• Compliance with organizational directives
• Creativity and ability to see ideas through to successful execution
• Highly motivated, naturally aggressive, with a positive attitude
• Detail oriented with ability to multi-task effectively and with a sense of urgency, sometimes under a high level of stress
• Excellent organizational and time management skills
• Enthusiasm for and/or experience in professional sports sales and/or service
• Flexible hours required: working evenings/nights, weekends and holidays
Education: Any combination of education and experience equivalent to graduation from college or any other combination of education, training or experience that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities. Bachelor’s degree in business administration or related field strongly preferred.
3-5+ years of experience in growing and developing small businesses, writing reports, business plans, budgets is required.
Photography Intern - LA Galaxy
We are looking for a creative, highly motivated, aspiring sports photographer with a passion for soccer. The selected intern will assist team photographers with overall team photography as needed, learning valuable professional practices and procedures. Intern will also gain real world experience as a sports photographer by assisting with LA Galaxy's captioning, key wording, cataloging, and transmitting system. Intern will be given approximately 10-20 hours of experience per week.
- Valuable, real world sports photography experience
- Greater understanding of professional photography practices
- Internship credit
- Exposure to potential freelance opportunities
- Possible portfolio building
- Recommendation possible
Responsibilities and areas of learning will include the following:
- Limited game action photography of LA Galaxy home games
- Game action photography of LA Galaxy II games
- General photography of LA Galaxy training sessions
- Digital image editing (Adobe Lightroom & Photoshop)
- Digital image captioning, key-wording, and transmitting
- Assisting team photographers with various game day photography projects
- Coordination with LA Galaxy Digital Department for delivery of live and archived photography content
Requirements and Qualifications:
- Digital SLR and telephoto lens
- Experience using and knowledge of dslr camera
- Portfolio or samples of previous work
- Familiarity of Adobe Photoshop and/or Adobe Lightroom preferred, not required
- Available for all LA Galaxy home games (5-7 hours)
- Minimum 1 day per week in LA Galaxy communications department (Photography & Editing)
- Available for a selection of LA Galaxy II home games (3-4 hours)
Click here to view all other job opportunities on this board.
Contact the TeamWorkOnline webmaster / FAQ