» Part Time - Sales Associate, Amateur Soccer - LA Galaxy (Carson, CA)
» Future Consideration Notification/Update - MLS Teams (Various Locations, Various Locations)
Anschutz Entertainment Group, Inc. (“AEG”) is a subsidiary of The Anschutz Company and one of the leading sports and entertainment presenters in the world. AEG owns a collection of companies including multi-use facilities such as STAPLES Center and StubHub! Center in Southern California, several sports franchises including the Los Angeles Kings (NHL) and Los Angeles Galaxy (MLS) and AEG LIVE, one of the world's leading concert promotions and touring companies. AEG is also currently overseeing the development of L.A. LIVE, 4 million sq. ft. downtown L.A. sports, residential and entertainment district.
The team is seeking a professional, passionate, hard-working and dedicated sales person with the self-motivation and desire to start a solid career in the sports industry. The primary focus will be on selling LA Galaxy group tickets to organizations within the Southern California area. This individual will also be responsible for selling LA Galaxy season tickets, mini plans, and other packages. Account Executives are provided with some leads, but are also responsible for seeking new business, through web research, networking mixers, client referrals, cold-calling, etc.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Generate new group sales by targeting and developing relationships with Non Profits, Schools, Churches and other organizations within Southern California
- Responsible for servicing, renewing, up-selling, and cross-selling current group accounts.
- Responsible for building theme night and group sales business plans.
- Proficient in all LA Galaxy packages including full season seats, partial plans, luxury seating, kicks for kids, and other special events.
- Full participation in extensive inbound/outbound call campaigns including meeting large new outbound call requirements.
- Maintain a minimum daily average of 40 outbound calls - volume maybe increased or decreased based upon the time of year and needs of the organization.
- Generate maximum revenue using all sales methods including face-to-face appointments, stadium tours, territory prospecting, and networking.
- Meet or exceed weekly, monthly, and annual sales goals and activity requirements.
- Service all clients in accordance with ticket sales department service guidelines.
- Perform "game day" responsibilities, including entertaining clients and prospects, working ticket sales booths, and fulfillment of large group event partnerships.
- Attend team, community, and other events for purpose of maximizing sales opportunities
- Assist with creative development for production of sales materials including flyers, brochures, and other support material.
- Coordinate with other departments to organize events that generate group ticket sales.
- Recording and reporting of sales functions to supervisor(s).
- Other duties as assigned by Manager of Ticket Sales and Service
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.
- Highly motivated, naturally aggressive, with a positive attitude.
- Sales experience preferred, sports sales experience a plus.
- Exemplary self-discipline, professionalism, pride and work ethic.
- Outstanding listening, written, and verbal communication skills.
- Committed to personal integrity and team oriented.
- Detail oriented with ability to multi-task effectively and with a sense of urgency, sometimes under a high level of stress.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Creativity and ability to see ideas through to successful execution.
- Enthusiasm for and/or experience in professional sports sales and/or service.
- Thoroughness and attention to detail.
- Compliance with organizational directives.
- Flexible hours required: working evenings/nights, weekends and holidays.
QUALIFICATIONS, EDUCATION, FORMAL TRAINING, AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, sports, business, marketing or related field preferred.
- Experience and training in Outbox, Microsoft CRM, or other Customer Relations Management system preferred.
- High proficiency in Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Internet use, and other basic computer usage.
- Familiarity with basic tenets of sales and customer service, sports industry specific a plus.
- Bilingual in English and Spanish a plus.
LA Galaxy Amateur Soccer Sales Associates will help nurture relationships with the soccer community. They are responsible for supporting the Amateur Soccer Sales team by generating new fan relationships and maximizing current business by attending events in greater Los Angeles and calling prospective clients.
Ultimately each Amateur Soccer Sales Associate will be responsible for increasing the Amateur Soccer ticket sales portfolio by providing our fans with a level of service that is of the highest standard. By generating new relationships in the community, we are supporting the growth of soccer in Southern California, providing soccer organizations, teams, and families with opportunities to interact with Galaxy players and staff and a second-to-none experience at LA Galaxy games.
Amateur soccer sales associates will be trained in all aspects of ticket sales and service. Associates will have a monthly goals based around events, outbound calls, and ticket sales revenue generation.
- Attend events in local soccer community that include registrations, coach and team parent meetings, practice days, opening days, tournaments, etc. Each event is an opportunity to sell tickets, capture data as well as build relationship with the local soccer community.
- Take part in ticket sales and service training to become proficient at making outbound calls as well as attending events
- Provide updates from weekly events that include leads, sales progress, and event notes
- Utilize Customer Retention Management system to track and report progress of relationships with all clients
- Take part in department-wide outbound call campaigns
Required Qualifications (Job Knowledge, Skills, and Education):
- A minimum education level of: High School Diploma or its equivalency (Bachelor of Arts/Sciences Degree Preferred)
- 1 - 2 years of related work experience
- A desire to help set the standard for client experience and retention departments in the sports industry
- Genuinely excited about providing an outstanding level of customer service
- Exemplary self-discipline, professionalism, pride and work ethic
- Outstanding listening, written, and verbal communication skills
- Team-oriented with a proactive positive attitude
- Unquestionable integrity
- Willingness to take initiative and ownership of projects
- Detail oriented with ability to multi-task effectively and with a sense of urgency, sometimes under a high level of stress
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Proven to be reliable, diligent, self-motivated and dedicated
- Ability to reason and problem solve. Define problems, collect data, establish facts, draw valid conclusions, make independent decisions, and exercise independent judgment and discretion
- Enthusiasm for and/or experience in professional sports sales and/or service
- Thoroughness and attention to detail
- Compliance with organizational directives
- Flexible hours required: working evenings/nights, weekends and holidays
If you wish to be notified of opportunities as they arise, please press "apply" and make sure you check mark off boxes that say "notify me" on the application. Filling in this information now makes it easier for you to access your record later. You will not be considered an applicant to any position unless you apply for the position. Please make sure your email address is correct or we cannot guarantee notification. If you have already submitted information into this program, for updating your information, you can also press the “My Account-TeamWork Online” at the top of the page. Thank you.
Click here to view all other job opportunities on this board.