» Assistant, Graphic Design - San Jose Earthquakes (San Jose, CA)
» Earthquakes Brand Ambassador - San Jose Earthquakes (San Jose, CA)
» Events & Game Day Marketing Associate - Part Time Position - San Jose Earthquakes (San Jose, CA)
» Fan Relations Specialist - San Jose Earthquakes (San Jose, CA)
» Inside Sales Representative - San Jose Earthquakes (San Jose, CA)
» Future Consideration Notification/Update - MLS Teams (Various Locations, Various Locations)
Account Executive, Season Ticket Sales
The San Jose Earthquakes are looking for a passionate individual to join a fast paced and energetic ticket sales department.
The ideal candidate is looking to launch a career in sports, has a background in sales, and a network of contacts within the San Francisco Bay Area. The candidate will have past success both professionally and academically with a proven ability to win. Top personality traits: self-motivator, ability to connect with people, and a team player. The ideal candidate is bilingual and ready to avidly engage many of the diverse communities in the Bay Area. They are able to effectively navigate local corporations, non-profits and youth soccer organizations to prospect for season tickets.
* Actively prospect potential Earthquakes ticket buyers via phone, email, and in person meetings.
* Meet and exceed all individual and team revenue targets.
* Attend all Earthquakes home games and other team events as assigned by supervisor.
* Develop new ticket sales initiatives in line with the Earthquakes target demographics.
* Bachelors Degree w/ academic success required
* Passion for sports and sports marketing required
* 1-2 years sales experience strongly preferred
* Knowledge of MLS and the San Jose Earthquakes preferred
* Bilingual candidates preferred
* Experience engaging non-profit entities
Assistant, Graphic Design
The San Jose Earthquakes are currently seeking a part time/entry level Assistant, Graphic Design for the 2017 season.
The Assistant, Graphic Design will be responsible for assisting in day-to-day graphic design needs under the supervision of the Coordinator, Marketing and the Director, Marketing for the 2017 season. These needs include creation of web ads, scoreboard slides, Infographics, social media images, print ads, matchday program items and other duties as assigned.
· Design in-house promotional materials
· Web ads and other digital graphics
· In-stadium video board graphics
· Print ads and other print materials (flyers, matchday program assets, etc.)
· Work with Marketing Team to fulfill design requests from different departments
· Other duties as assigned.
· Available for personal interview
· Available for the entire duration of the season
· Flexible schedule that allows for the possibility of working any combination of days, evenings, weekends and holidays
· Strong Photoshop, Indesign and Illustrator skills
· Strong communication skills and thorough attention to detail
· Exceptional organizational and time management skills
· Ability to meet deadlines under pressure
· Knowledge of Major League Soccer and the San Jose Earthquakes is a plus
* Great opportunity for current college students *
Title: San Jose Earthquakes Brand Ambassador - Part Time Position
Do you have a passion for sports, soccer, and/or events? Then we want YOU to join our team for the 2017 season! As an Earthquakes Brand Ambassador, you’ll have an active role in game day action at the new, state-of-the-art Avaya Stadium and all home games. You’ll also serve as a brand ambassador at “street team” and community events all throughout the Bay Area to engage and connect with fans everywhere.
If you have been looking to break into the sports industry or are a student considering a career in sports, then this is the perfect opportunity.
· Represent and promote the San Jose Earthquakes in a fun and professional manner at over 100 events throughout the year
· Enhance fan in-stadium experience at all home games and other Avaya Stadium events such as international soccer matches, viewing parties, sports tournaments, festivals, and more.
· Special 2017 events include activations leading into 2017 opening day, our annual match at Stanford Stadium and promotion of other major sporting events in the area
· Game day roles include on-field ceremonies, sponsorship activations, half-time contests, hand out of premium items, interact with fans and customer service
· Work as brand ambassadors at all home games and community events
· Responsible for set up, tear down, and management of all interactive elements at community events
· Promote current marketing, sales, promotional and team-related news and initiatives
· Support the sales team to create leads
· Be a knowledgeable representative of the San Jose Earthquakes
What we are looking for:
· Outgoing, passionate, energetic, and motivated professionals
· Knowledge of San Jose Earthquakes, soccer and MLS preferred
· Ability to work on a team
· Adaptable and can take the lead on initiatives
· Excellent customer service skills
· Must be able to work 80% of all regular season Earthquakes home games
· Must be able to work 80% of scheduled community and special events as needed
· Flexible schedule to include nights and weekends and some holidays
· Previous band ambassador/promo team, spokes-modeling, public speaking experience is preferred
· Ability to lift at least 25-30 pounds at a time; requires prolonged standing
· Must have an active drivers license
· Bilingual a plus!
· Access to a cell phone and/or email on a daily basis
· Must be 18 years or older by January 1, 2017
· Must be available for a group interview
This is a Part Time position
TITLE: EVENTS & GAME DAY MARKETING ASSOCIATE
The San Jose Earthquakes are looking for fun, outgoing individuals to assist the Marketing team at Earthquakes home games and events for the 2017 season. You will be required to attend all Avaya Stadium events as well as every home game (including matches at other venues). You will have the opportunity to participate in special events and learn about sports marketing and game day operations.
Avaya Stadium events:
-Setup, breakdown, and assist in the coordination of events
-Must be available for all events (15-20 total) ranging from January-December
-Greet, acknowledge, and mingle with fans at home games
-Represent the San Jose Earthquakes and their respective partners and sponsors in a positive and professional manner
-Oversee one of the Epicenter activities at home games (ie cornhole, inflatables, social media hub, etc)
-Take ownership of the activity
-Must be available for all 20 home games
-Assist with escorting the team mascot
-Assist with on-field activities and presentations
-Must be 18 years of age or older by January 1, 2017
-Able to communicate in a professional and courteous manner with internal and external staff, fans, and clients
-Excellent customer service skills
-Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
-Available to work all 20 home game February-November/December
-Ability to stand on feet for 4-5 hours per shift
-This is a Part Time position
Fan Relations Specialist
The San Jose Earthquakes are seeking a Fan Relations Specialist who can provide first-class customer service in all aspects of the job, develop excellent relationships with Season Ticket Holders, identify areas of growth opportunities for the Earthquakes organization, and deliver customized communications, events, programs and benefits to the team's most important fans.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
• Serve as the primary liaison between the San Jose Earthquakes organization and team’s Season Ticket Holders.
• Improve year over year client experience and retention rates while actively working toward meeting the department renewal goals.
- Build strong relationships with the defined account base through proactive communication, including seat visits, touch points, phone calls, emails, events and other communication channels.
- Credibly and responsibly present oneself as the key "go to" person for the defined account base.
- Assist in executing customized programs, benefits and events to drive loyalty with defined account base.
- Coordinate all Season Ticket Holder events, including in-season events, player meet and greets, chalk talks, autograph sessions, etc.
- Identify opportunities for up-sells, add-ons, and referral business from clients, and work with sales representatives to maximize revenue from existing customers.
· Ensure customer and account data and profile requirements are accurate and complete.
- Maintain a detailed database of touch points for each and every client.
- Build Relationships with the Ushers that work in your assigned sections.
- All other duties as assigned by the Director of Fan Relations.
The ideal candidate will:
• Be an exceptional relationship builder
• Have excellent communication skills - interpersonal, verbal, written, persuasive
• Possess strong analytical skills
• Be solution-oriented
• Be creative
• Have a high attention to detail
• Be a positive and energetic team player
• Have an outgoing, engaging and professional personality
· 4 year college degree
· 1 or more years experience in a customer service environment (preferably in sports)
· Understands and provides superior customer service
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Strong relationship building and interpersonal skills
- Bilingual language (English & Spanish) strongly preferred
· The ability to work independently and demonstrate innovation and initiative
· A strong work ethic and the ability to thrive in a deadline driven environment
· The ability and desire to work long and flexible hours, including evenings, weekends and holidays
· Proficiency in Archtics, MS Office products, (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook)
1. Do you have experience in customer service? Yes/No
2. Do you have a background in soccer and/or knowledge of MLS? Yes/No
Inside Sales Representative, Ticket Sales
The San Jose Earthquakes are looking for a passionate individual to join a fast paced ticket sales department with the goal of selling new season and group ticket packages and contribute to continued sellouts of all games at Avaya Stadium. The Inside Sales program offers in-depth onboard training, bi-weekly meetings with management for feedback and performance updates, and is part of a highly successful professional ticket sales department that broke multiple club records in 2015.
The ideal candidate is looking to launch a career in sports, through the development of practiced sales skills and best professional practices in the sports industry. The candidate will receive training, and must be ambitious and hard working. Top personality traits include: self-motivator, competitive, and a desire to consistently improve and be challenged.
· Actively prospect potential Earthquakes ticket buyers via phone, email, and in person meetings.
· Meet and exceed all individual and team revenue targets.
· Work all Earthquakes home games and other team events as assigned by Inside Sales Manager.
· Sell Quakes season and group ticket packages, including those for special events and affinity nights.
· Make 75+ outbound phone calls a day.
· Bachelor’s Degree with academic success required.
· Passion to succeed as a professional in the sports industry.
· Knowledge of MLS and the San Jose Earthquakes preferred but not required.
Bilingual a plus
Please provide a link to a brief (1-2 minute) YouTube video addressing:
1) Why are you interested in working in sports and/or soccer?
2) Why sales?
If you wish to be notified of opportunities as they arise, please press "apply" and make sure you check mark off boxes that say "notify me" on the application. Filling in this information now makes it easier for you to access your record later. You will not be considered an applicant to any position unless you apply for the position. Please make sure your email address is correct or we cannot guarantee notification. If you have already submitted information into this program, for updating your information, you can also press the “My Account-TeamWork Online” at the top of the page. Thank you.
Click here to view all other job opportunities on this board.