» Director, Fan Relations - San Jose Earthquakes (Santa Clara, CA)
» Manager, Inside Sales - San Jose Earthquakes (Santa Clara, CA)
» Future Consideration Notification/Update - MLS Teams (Various Locations, Various Locations)
JOB TITLE: Director, Community Relations
SUPERVISOR: VP, Marketing and Communications
The Director, Community Relations will oversee all community outreach efforts for the San Jose Earthquakes with a strong emphasis on fundraising for the Quakes non-profit arm. This person will create a business plan and a vision for the Earthquakes fundraising efforts and community outreach. This position will build and manage community programs and create and execute on fundraising events for the San Jose Earthquakes Community Fund. This person will also build and maintain relationships with local political and community leaders to better build the team’s brand. The Community Relations Coordinator will report to the Director of the Earthquakes Community Fund.
- Develop and implement annual Business Plan and budget management for Community Relations and Community Fund.
- Grow current fundraiser events for the San Jose Earthquakes Community Fund.
- Create new fundraising mechanisms for the Earthquakes Community Fund, including events, solicitations and grants.
- Organize Board of Directors for San Jose Earthquakes Community Fund.
- Assist in developing and maintaining relationships with community members and organizations, e.g.: local leaders and other elected officials, members of non-profit organizations, corporate leaders, etc.
- Coordinate and manage team’s existing community-based programs in conjunction with other staff members, Get Earthquakes Fit, School appearances and Clinic Series.
- Build new community programs and events that enhance the Earthquakes brand.
- Serve as guest speaker to build the Earthquakes brand at non-profit events.
- Manage Community Relations Coordinator and other part time staff.
- Work directly with Corporate Sales and Ticket Sales and Operations to create, develop, and implement programs associated with Sponsor dollars and incentives for ticket sales.
- Oversee and manage all community/player appearances, including sponsor-related player appearances, player appearances at non-profits, etc.
- Coordinate autograph requests.
- Represent the Earthquakes at community and promotional events.
- Assist in Game Day operations.
- Create and administer budget for Community Relations and Community Fund
- Make recommendations for Community Fund donations to Board of Directors.
SKILLS AND REQUIREMENTS
- BA/BS degree.
- 5-7 years experience in community affairs.
- Must be willing to work flexible hours including evenings and weekends and holidays.
- Soccer knowledgeable.
- Strong relationships with local community and business leaders.
- Candidate should have excellent written and verbal skills.
- Self-motivated; team player with good work ethic.
Summary: The Director, Fan Relations holds P&L Responsibility for the existing Season Ticket base of San Jose Earthquakes customers.
- Create a best in class Season Ticket Holder experience for the San Jose Earthquakes New Stadium.
- Lead the San Jose Earthquakes season ticket sales renewal efforts, achieving goals and revenue targets set forth by VP of Sales and Strategy
- Ownership of all San Jose Earthquakes event planning for EQ Season Ticket Holders.
- Manage a full time staff including: the Premium Services Manager, Supporters Relations Manager and 3-4 Fan Relations Specialists.
- Provide training, development materials, and other programs to mentor and improve staff functions.
- Participate in senior level ticketing staff strategy meetings.
- Oversight of all customer service activities of the San Jose Earthquakes including Fan Relations mailbox, game day Guest Services, and game day VIP check in.
- Participate in staff interviewing, hiring, and training.
- Manage department budgets.
- Ownership of reporting functions on Season Ticket Holder data.
- Minimum of five years experience in a customer facing role with a professional sports or entertainment company.
- Minimum of three years experience managing a team in a customer service, user experience, or client management role.
- Strong CRM and reporting background preferred.
- Strong soccer knowledge preferred.
The San Jose Earthquakes are looking for a passionate individual to lead the Inside Sales department by producing a high energy, challenging learning environment for future Earthquakes Sales Reps
A successful candidate has a proven history of sports sales success on both the B2B and B2C sides of the business. They have the ability to lead, motivate and teach entry-level sales reps the intricacies of ticket sales and business professionalism. They have a strong work ethic, and the desire to instill this in the reps they manage.
* Achieves all personal Season Ticket and Group Sales goals
* Manages year-round recruiting and hiring efforts for Inside Sales Department
* Constructs strong pipeline of potential full time employees
* Creates and executes training program for both new and current reps
* Implements and executes a sales plan to reach team and department goals
* Meets regularly with sales leadership regarding department progress and challenges
* Creates and maintains daily, weekly and monthly sales tracking for management
* Grows reps daily in both sales acumen and office professionalism
* Creates and maintains weekly schedules for reps
* Minimum 4-year Bachelor’s degree or educational equivalent in Sales
* Passion for sports and sports marketing required
* Proven track record of results in a Sales environment
* Excellent understanding and demonstrated success in building, motivating and leading teams
* At least 3 years selling and 1 year in leadership role in professional sports
* Excellent written and verbal skills.
Click here to view all other job opportunities on this board.
Contact the TeamWorkOnline webmaster / FAQ