» Inside Sales Representative - San Jose Earthquakes (San Jose, CA)
» Manager, Fan Experience - San Jose Earthquakes (San Jose, CA)
» Future Consideration Notification/Update - MLS Teams (Various Locations, Various Locations)
Position Title: San Jose Earthquakes Brand Ambassador
Do you have a passion for sports, soccer, and/or events? Then we want YOU to join our team for the 2018 season! As an Earthquakes Brand Ambassador, you’ll have an active role in game day action at the new, state-of-the-art Avaya Stadium and all home games. You’ll also serve as a brand ambassador at “Street Team” and community events all throughout the Bay Area to engage and connect with fans everywhere.
If you have been looking to break into the sports industry or are a student considering a career in sports, then this is the perfect opportunity.
· Represent and promote the San Jose Earthquakes in a fun and professional manner at over 200 events throughout the year
· Enhance fan in-stadium experience at all home games and other Avaya Stadium events such as international soccer matches, viewing parties, sports tournaments, festivals, and more.
· Special 2018 events include activations leading into 2018 opening day, our annual match at Stanford Stadium and promotion of other major sporting events in the area
· Game day roles include lead generation, on-field ceremonies, sponsorship activations, half-time contests, hand out of premium items, oversee an epicenter activation, interact with fans, customer service and player meet and greets
· Responsible for set up, tear down, and management of all interactive elements at community events
· Promote current marketing, sales, promotional and team-related news and initiatives
· Support the sales team to generate leads and sell tickets at events
· Be a knowledgeable representative of the San Jose Earthquakes
What we are looking for:
· Outgoing, passionate, energetic, and motivated professionals
· Knowledge of San Jose Earthquakes, soccer and MLS preferred
· Ability to work on a team and be proactive
· Pays close attention to detail
· Adaptable and can take the lead on initiatives
· Excellent customer service skills
· Must be willing to work the majority of all regular season Earthquakes home games
· Must be willing to work the majority of scheduled community and special events beginning January 2018 through December 2018
· Flexible schedule to include nights and weekends and some holidays
· Previous band ambassador/promo team, spokes-modeling, public speaking experience is preferred
· Ability to lift at least 25-30 pounds at a time; requires prolonged standing
· Must have an active drivers license
· Bilingual a plus!
· Access to a cell phone and email on a daily basis
· Must be 18 years or older by January 1, 2018
· Must be available for a group interview
· Must be able to meet for group training in January
Inside Sales Representative, Ticket Sales
The San Jose Earthquakes are looking for a passionate individual to join a fast paced ticket sales department with the goal of selling new season and group ticket packages and contribute to continued sellouts of all games at Avaya Stadium. The Inside Sales program offers in-depth onboard training, bi-weekly meetings with management for feedback and performance updates, and is part of a highly successful professional ticket sales department that broke multiple club records in 2015.
The ideal candidate is looking to launch a career in sports, through the development of practiced sales skills and best professional practices in the sports industry. The candidate will receive training, and must be ambitious and hard working. Top personality traits include: self-motivator, competitive, and a desire to consistently improve and be challenged.
· Actively prospect potential Earthquakes ticket buyers via phone, email, and in person meetings.
· Meet and exceed all individual and team revenue targets.
· Work all Earthquakes home games and other team events as assigned by Inside Sales Manager.
· Sell Quakes season and group ticket packages, including those for special events and affinity nights.
· Make 75+ outbound phone calls a day.
· Bachelor’s Degree with academic success required.
· Passion to succeed as a professional in the sports business industry.
· Knowledge of MLS and the San Jose Earthquakes preferred but not required.
Bilingual a plus
Please provide a link to a brief (1-2 minute) YouTube video addressing:
1) Why are you interested in working in sports and/or soccer?
2) Why sales?
Title: Manager of Fan Experience
Reports To: Director of Event Operations
• Professionally present yourself as the “go to” person for fan services and experience
• Work closely with the Earthquakes front office and third party vendors in order to ensure fans are receiving a consistent message
• Must be present on all San Jose Earthquakes Home Game Days
· Ensure that all processes and procedures are in place to create a fan focused environment.
· Maintain relationships with matchday vendors including, but not limited to ushers, guest services, ticket takers, janitorial.
· Assist with the hiring of game day fan facing part-time and intern staff for department – ushers, ticket takers, guest services
· Manage and develop the Assistant, Front Office and Guest Services position
· Training for all staff on service standards and maintain consistent communication of standards through multiple channels.
· Assist with tracking fan feedback and trends
· Share feedback with matchday vendors in order to enhance the fan experience.
· Assist with management of events budget
· Collaborate on post-game meeting agenda with the Earthquakes and vendors to discuss feedback and action plans needed for continuous improvement
· Arrange for secret shopper and report on findings
· Implement and assist with Stadium Employee Recognition program
· Create collateral that can be used as service tools for game day staff
· Check operating and cleaning conditions of stadium and suites pre-game and post-game
· Create product knowledge questions for game day staff
· Bachelor’s degree preferred
· A Minimum of 2 years of experience in a related field – Hospitality or Sports industry
· Ability to work in a team/collaborative work environment is required along with strong organizational, interpersonal, analytical and planning skills
· A positive attitude; incorporating integrity, confidentiality and discretion
If you wish to be notified of opportunities as they arise, please press "apply" and make sure you check mark off boxes that say "notify me" on the application. Filling in this information now makes it easier for you to access your record later. You will not be considered an applicant to any position unless you apply for the position. Please make sure your email address is correct or we cannot guarantee notification. If you have already submitted information into this program, for updating your information, you can also press the “My Account-TeamWork Online” at the top of the page. Thank you.
Click here to view all other job opportunities on this board.