» Supporter Relations Manager - San Jose Earthquakes (Santa Clara, CA)
» Future Consideration Notification/Update - MLS Teams (Various Locations, Various Locations)
Business Intelligence Analyst
This entry level position reports directly to the Senior Director of Business Intelligence and will help to provide strong analytics and analysis for each department to shape future objectives.
Duties/Expectations: Responsible for, but not limited to the following:
• Assist Business Intelligence department in creating analytic reports for other departments in the company (ticket sales, social media, merchandise, et al.)
• Provide monthly reports to department heads
• Work closely with IT & Ticket staff to evaluate best practices to meet data reporting requirements, as well as evaluate Club needs.
• Provide campaign and promotional recaps generated from the analysis of overall ticket sales, sales channels, and other variable factors
• Participate in planning and manage implementation of database initiatives specifically in regards to ticketing needs and company-wide systems development
• Cultivate information from Scarborough data and provide assistant to Sponsorship department
• Coordinate with sports-specific data analytic companies such as Opta and Match Analysis
• Research long-term data analytic projects looking at different aspects of soccer
• Streamline methods of communication with external data partners miCoach, and various vendors to maintain and manage data feeds
• Work with Earthquakes training staff to compile weekly quantitative fitness reports
• Provide strong data analysis and recommendations for product development, technological enhancements, player development and overall product growth
• Understand all aspects and duties of the Front Office Assistant and fill-in whenever needed, including daily lunch breaks.
• Provide excellent customer service when asked upon.
• Work on special projects as assigned
• Excellent computer skills: expert in Microsoft Excel and Power Point
• Degree in Economics, Statistics, or Computer Science preferred
• Experience with business intelligence tools (such as SAS, SAP, Tableau, IBM Business Intelligence) preferred
• The ability to work independently or in group settings
• Experience effectively communicating data via data visualizations and presentations
• Experience with CRM software packages such as MS Dynamics preferred
• Ability to work weekends and holidays
Please answer the following questions:
1. Please briefly describe your experience with business intelligence tools. Please list tools used and level of proficiency with each.
2. Please describe your experience with statistical analysis (Provide specific examples)
3. Do you have experience with CRM software? If so please describe.
4. Why is this position a good fit for you and your career?
Supporter Relations Manager, San Jose Earthquakes (Santa Clara, CA)
The San Jose Earthquakes are seeking a Supporter Relations Manager who can provide first-class customer service in all aspects of the job, develop excellent relationships with the leaders and members of the Earthquakes’ Supporters’ groups, identify areas of growth opportunities for the Earthquakes organization and its Supporters’ while also delivering customized communications, events, programs and benefits to the team's most vibrant fans.
• Serve as the primary liaison between the leaders of the Earthquakes’ Supporters’ groups and the Earthquakes Front Office
• Credibly and responsibly present oneself as the key "go to" person for all internal and external customers associated with the Earthquakes’ Supporters’ groups.
• Act as internal liason to coordinate Supporters’ activities with EQ Operations Staff and visiting team Operations Staff.
• Foster the growth and development of the individual supporters’ groups in a manner which enhances the gameday experience and achieves the objectives of each individual group’s mission and vision
• Build strong relationships with the defined account base of Season Ticket Holders within the Supporters’ groups
• Develop and execute customized programs, benefits and events for the Earthquakes’ Supporters’ groups and their members
• Assist other Supporters’ groups and/or MLS contacts to coordinate all ticket sales and gameday needs for visiting supporters
• Travel, as necessary and as mandated by MLS policy, to away matches and/or Supporters’ Summits
• Identify opportunities for up-sells, add-ons, and referral business from clients, and work with sales representatives to maximize revenue from existing customers
• Ensure customer and account data and profile requirements are accurate and complete
• Respond to all EQ and visiting fans regarding questions, comments, or concerns related to Earthquakes’ Supporters.
• Maintain a detailed database of touch points for each and every client
• All other duties as assigned by the Director, Fan Relations and/or the Vice President of Ticket Sales & Strategy
The ideal candidate will:
• Possess an exceptional knowledge and understanding of the Supporters’ culture in MLS and around the world
• Clearly understand gameday operations
• Be an outstanding relationship builder
• Have tremendous communication skills – interpersonal, verbal, written, and persuasive
• Have strong analytical skills
• Be solution-oriented
• Be creative
• Have a high attention to detail
• Be a positive and energetic team player
• 4 year college degree
• 1 or more years experience in a customer service environment (preferably in sports)
• Understands and provides superior customer service
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Strong relationship building and interpersonal skills
• The ability to work independently and demonstrate innovation and initiative
• A strong work ethic and the ability to thrive in a deadline driven environment
• The ability and desire to work long and flexible hours, including evenings, weekends and holidays
• Proficiency in MS Office products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook)
Click here to view all other job opportunities on this board.
Contact the TeamWorkOnline webmaster / FAQ