» Avaya Stadium Event Ambassador - San Jose Earthquakes (San Jose, CA)
» Brand Ambassador/Retail Associate - San Jose Earthquakes (San Jose, CA)
» Conversion Crew - San Jose Earthquakes (San Jose, CA)
» Director, Digital Marketing - San Jose Earthquakes (San Jose, CA)
» Distribution Crew - San Jose Earthquakes (San Jose, CA)
» Future Consideration Notification/Update - MLS Teams (Various Locations, Various Locations)
The San Jose Earthquakes of Major League Soccer, MLS, are looking for individuals who are able to work as the Assistant, Operations for the 2017 MLS Season. The Assistant, Operations will work mostly on event days and will assist with the set up and management of the Operations Headquarters. This is a Part Time position.
- Assist with the management of the operations headquarters
- Set up, organize and tear down of the operations headquarters
- Track all distributed items
- Act as an operations dispatch
- Have the ability to work in extreme pressure situations and make changes on the fly
- Must be able to work nights, weekends and holidays based on event schedule
- Communicate clear and concise message over a radio
- Must have good customer service skills
- Proficient in Microsoft office programs, Word, Excel, Outlook
- Experience in guest relations or customer service recommended
- Event experience is a plus
Note: When applying for this job, you will be required to answer the following questions:
Yes/No I am at least 18 years of age.
Yes/No I can work a flexible schedule to include nights, weekends and holidays.
Position: Avaya Stadium Event Ambassador (Part Time/Event Days Only)
Summary:S Each Event Ambassador will report directly to the Manager, Fan Experience. They will serve as a friendly, primary point of contact for Avaya Stadium patrons and will provide each fan with a positive customer service experience and enjoyable environment. Starting at $13/hr. Opportunity for monetary bonuses.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
Usher – Act as a primary contact on game day for fans within your assigned section; greet fans with a smile and positive attitude, check tickets and direct fans around facility, answer questions, ensure safety of staff and fans, keep areas clear and clean, handle complaints and collect feedback, provide assistance to fans with special needs and support other event day staff.
Guest Relations – Provide patrons with above-and-beyond service; greet fans with a smile & positive attitude, assist with lost and found, direct fans around facility, answer questions, provide wheelchair escorts, ensure safety of staff and fans, scan tickets for entry into the stadium, communicate stadium policies to fans, monitor seating areas as well as elevators and concourse, provide breaks to other part-time staff, handle complaints and collect feedback and support other event day staff. Work locations may be inside the stadium, outside the main gates and/or in the various parking lots.
Must be at least 18 years of age
Excellent customer service skills
Excellent interpersonal and leadership skills with a diverse staff and fan base
Enthusiastic and friendly with a professional demeanor
Must be mature and accustomed to working in a diverse environment
Tenacious work ethic
Strong verbal communication skills
Must have the ability to simultaneously handle multiple tasks and adapt to change
Required to work every Quakes home game – shift generally starts 2.5 hours prior to kick-off
Required to work additional stadium events as announced
This position regularly requires the employee to stand for long periods of time (up to 4 or more hours) and walk upstairs
Nature of position requires physical mobility and the ability to lift a minimum 20 pounds
Must have the ability to adjust to changing work hours and locations in the stadium and stadium
parking lots as needed
Brand Ambassador/Retail Associate
Under the direction of manager, sell retail merchandise to customers in a professional manner.
· Greet, acknowledge, and assist guests with any questions about merchandise
· Process sale with POS system and follow register procedures while handling cash accordingly
· Process exchanges and returns of merchandise
· Ensure all merchandise is correctly labeled and displayed
· Routinely stock merchandise
· Maintain a clean and organized store or kiosk
· Maintain an orderly back-stock and aware of the location of merchandise
· Watch for and recognize security risks and thefts, and report to supervisor
· Assist with loading and unloading of merchandise
· Conduct inventory, as directed by supervisor
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
· Basic math skills; ability to accurately handle cash drawer
· Excellent customer service skills
· Attention to detail
· Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
Event Conversion Staff (Part-Time) - San Jose Earthquakes
Department: Event Operations
Reports To: Manager of Event Operations
Position Overview: San Jose Earthquakes are looking for event based staff to assist with the setup, strike and day to day operation for games and other events.
· Flexible schedule including nights, weekends, and holidays
· A valid DMV issued driver’s license
· A valid Forklift certification license is a plus
· Punctuality is a must
· Detail oriented
· Able to communicate in a professional and courteous manner with staff and clients
· Ability to perform general labor; ability to lift 50 pounds is required
· Familiarity with the use and safety of basic hand tools
· Perform general labor as assigned
· Setup and breakdown of tents, barricades, tables, chairs, event decking, etc
· Other duties as assigned
When you apply for this job online, you will be required to answer the following questions:
1. Do you have a valid Drivers License?
1. Do you have a valid Drivers License?
The San Jose Earthquakes are currently seeking a full-time Director of Digital Marketing. The Director of Digital Marketing will work within the Marketing Department and will be responsible for digital marketing campaigns, electronic communications to all club stakeholders, as well as overseeing the content strategy for the club and Avaya Stadium’s digital assets (sjearthquakes.com, social media platforms, etc.).
The Director of Digital Marketing will serve as the primary point of contact with the MLS digital media team, staying up to date with all the latest digital media trends and creating/maintaining “the voice” for all Earthquakes digital assets. They will also oversee the Digital Marketing Strategist and Digital Marketing Coordinator while combining efforts to help grow page views, relevancy and unique visitors on sjearthquakes.com, and expand the club’s presence on social media platforms.
Primary duties will include, but are not limited to:
- Develop and execute promotional and fan engagement digital strategies.
- Oversee strategy and development for all digital editorial and video content
- Work with internal stakeholders to build and execute the electronic communication platform for all club stakeholders, including season ticket holders, past game attendees, groups, etc.
- Work with various departments to ensure the Earthquakes brand / information is well represented across social media outlets – Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, Google+, etc.
- Oversee club’s digital marketing buys, display retargeting, remarketing, etc.
- Extract, analyze and report weekly key metrics for social engagement, website traffic and video engagement to rest of marketing department.
- Work to increase SEO and other key metrics across all digital platforms.
- Identify conversation trends and develop strategies to insert the club into those conversations.
- Work closely with in-house video production team and PR team to create engaging content for sjearthquakes.com, social properties and in-stadium.
- Develop social media best practices for staff and contributors.
- Oversee Digital Marketing Strategist and Digital Marketing Coordinator
- Oversee all functions relating to sjearthquakes.com – build and maintain pages, sections, content features and more as needed.
- Support marketing, ticketing, sponsorship and fan relations with social and website needs.
Skills and Requirements
- 4-5 years experience in a related field
- Extensive knowledge of digital media best practices
- Knowledge of HTML, CSS and Drupal is a plus
- SEO knowledge
- Strong writing skills
- Strong communications skills
- Passion for world soccer and strong knowledge of the San Jose Earthquakes and MLS
A Distribution Crew member will be responsible for distributing items pre-game and/or postgame and providing fans with general stadium information. This is a Part Time position.
- Pass out items to fans entering, at halftime and exiting Avaya Stadium
- Provide basic stadium information to the general fan
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time.
- Work outdoors in varying weather conditions including extreme heat and cold.
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds.
- Must be able to work nights, weekends and holidays based on event schedule.
If you wish to be notified of opportunities as they arise, please press "apply" and make sure you check mark off boxes that say "notify me" on the application. Filling in this information now makes it easier for you to access your record later. You will not be considered an applicant to any position unless you apply for the position. Please make sure your email address is correct or we cannot guarantee notification. If you have already submitted information into this program, for updating your information, you can also press the “My Account-TeamWork Online” at the top of the page. Thank you.
Click here to view all other job opportunities on this board.