» Account Executive, Season Ticket Sales - San Jose Earthquakes (San Jose, CA)
» Avaya Stadium Event Ambassador - San Jose Earthquakes (San Jose, CA)
» Box Office Attendant - San Jose Earthquakes (San Jose, CA)
» Brand Ambassador/Retail Associate - San Jose Earthquakes (San Jose, CA)
» Conversion Crew - San Jose Earthquakes (San Jose, CA)
» Distribution Crew - San Jose Earthquakes (San Jose, CA)
» Events & Game Day Marketing Associate - Part Time Position - San Jose Earthquakes (San Jose, CA)
» Fan Relations Specialist - San Jose Earthquakes (San Jose, CA)
» Future Consideration Notification/Update - MLS Teams (Various Locations, Various Locations)
Position:50/50 Raffle Ticket Seller
Reports to: Manager, Community Relations
Department: Earthquakes Community Fund
Status: Part-Time, Seasonal, Non-Exempt
Duration: March – October/November 2017
The San Jose Earthquakes Community Fund is looking for dependable, enthusiastic, highly-motivated, outgoing and hard-working individuals to sell 50/50 Raffle tickets during Earthquakes home games at Avaya Stadium.
The raffle tickets will be sold from gates open (two hours before kick-off) to five minutes after the start of the second half. The 50/50 Raffle Team Members must be available three hours before the game and available after the raffle closes.
This position is part-time, hourly. Applicants will be loaned 50/50 and Quakes branded t-shirts and jackets on a game by game basis, and given the opportunity to help a fantastic cause while working behind the scenes at one of the MLS’s finest stadiums.
- Effectively communicate and educate fans about the 50/50 Raffle
- Encourage fans to purchase raffle tickets
- Facilitate raffle ticket sales via electronic handheld device
- Patrol assigned area during the games to promote raffle sales
- Reconcile tickets sold and cash received after each raffle
- Answer questions regarding the 50/50 Raffle and the Earthquakes Community Fund
- Excellent cash handling and customer service skills
- Comfortable approaching people and selling in front of crowds
- Detail oriented with the ability to work efficiently in a high-stress environment
- Regularly required to walk long distances, and climb up/down and stand for long periods of time
- Must be 18 years of age or older by start date of employment
- Work non-traditional hours on weeknights, weekends and holidays according to the Earthquakes home schedule
The San Jose Earthquakes are a growing and fast paced franchise looking for a highly motivated sales representative with a passion for sales.
The ideal candidate has sales experience in professional sports and wants to grow their career by improving themselves professionally. They have proven experience as a hard-working and competitive individual who is open to feedback.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Generate season and group ticket revenue via outbound calls, emails, out of office meetings, and stadium tours.
· Participate in on-going training activities with management and colleagues.
· One or more years of sales experience, preferably in professional sports.
· Self-motivated and self-starter mind-set.
· Positive attitude and strong work ethic.
· Ability to work non-traditional hours including weekends required.
· Ability to work well within a team environment.
· Strong oral and written communication skills.
· Passion for and knowledge of MLS and the San Jose Earthquakes preferred.
· Bachelor’s degree with academic success required.
· Bilingual a plus.
Position: Avaya Stadium Event Ambassador (Part Time/Event Days Only)
Summary:S Each Event Ambassador will report directly to the Manager, Fan Experience. They will serve as a friendly, primary point of contact for Avaya Stadium patrons and will provide each fan with a positive customer service experience and enjoyable environment. Starting at $13/hr. Opportunity for monetary bonuses.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
Usher – Act as a primary contact on game day for fans within your assigned section; greet fans with a smile and positive attitude, check tickets and direct fans around facility, answer questions, ensure safety of staff and fans, keep areas clear and clean, handle complaints and collect feedback, provide assistance to fans with special needs and support other event day staff.
Guest Relations – Provide patrons with above-and-beyond service; greet fans with a smile & positive attitude, assist with lost and found, direct fans around facility, answer questions, provide wheelchair escorts, ensure safety of staff and fans, scan tickets for entry into the stadium, communicate stadium policies to fans, monitor seating areas as well as elevators and concourse, provide breaks to other part-time staff, handle complaints and collect feedback and support other event day staff. Work locations may be inside the stadium, outside the main gates and/or in the various parking lots.
Must be at least 18 years of age
Excellent customer service skills
Excellent interpersonal and leadership skills with a diverse staff and fan base
Enthusiastic and friendly with a professional demeanor
Must be mature and accustomed to working in a diverse environment
Tenacious work ethic
Strong verbal communication skills
Must have the ability to simultaneously handle multiple tasks and adapt to change
Required to work every Quakes home game – shift generally starts 2.5 hours prior to kick-off
Required to work additional stadium events as announced
This position regularly requires the employee to stand for long periods of time (up to 4 or more hours) and walk upstairs
Nature of position requires physical mobility and the ability to lift a minimum 20 pounds
Must have the ability to adjust to changing work hours and locations in the stadium and stadium
parking lots as needed
The San Jose Earthquakes are currently hiring part-time box office sellers for their 2017 events at Avaya Stadium.
- Process single game ticket sales at box office on day of game
- Distribute Will Call tickets
- Provide information and assistance regarding present and future games
- Ability to read, listen and communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to access and accurately input information using a moderately complex computer system.
- Excellent skills in customer relations, communications and problem solving.
- Accuracy in handling and processing financial transactions.
- Previous Box Office/Sales experience a plus, but not required.
- Retail/Money Handling experience preferred.
Must be available to work nights and weekends
The San Jose Earthquakes are an Equal Opportunity Employer
Brand Ambassador/Retail Associate
Under the direction of manager, sell retail merchandise to customers in a professional manner.
· Greet, acknowledge, and assist guests with any questions about merchandise
· Process sale with POS system and follow register procedures while handling cash accordingly
· Process exchanges and returns of merchandise
· Ensure all merchandise is correctly labeled and displayed
· Routinely stock merchandise
· Maintain a clean and organized store or kiosk
· Maintain an orderly back-stock and aware of the location of merchandise
· Watch for and recognize security risks and thefts, and report to supervisor
· Assist with loading and unloading of merchandise
· Conduct inventory, as directed by supervisor
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
· Basic math skills; ability to accurately handle cash drawer
· Excellent customer service skills
· Attention to detail
· Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
Event Conversion Staff (Part-Time) - San Jose Earthquakes
Department: Event Operations
Reports To: Manager of Event Operations
Position Overview: San Jose Earthquakes are looking for event based staff to assist with the setup, strike and day to day operation for games and other events.
· Flexible schedule including nights, weekends, and holidays
· A valid DMV issued driver’s license
· A valid Forklift certification license is a plus
· Punctuality is a must
· Detail oriented
· Able to communicate in a professional and courteous manner with staff and clients
· Ability to perform general labor; ability to lift 50 pounds is required
· Familiarity with the use and safety of basic hand tools
· Perform general labor as assigned
· Setup and breakdown of tents, barricades, tables, chairs, event decking, etc
· Other duties as assigned
When you apply for this job online, you will be required to answer the following questions:
1. Do you have a valid Drivers License?
1. Do you have a valid Drivers License?
A Distribution Crew member will be responsible for distributing items pre-game and/or postgame and providing fans with general stadium information. This is a Part Time position.
- Pass out items to fans entering, at halftime and exiting Avaya Stadium
- Provide basic stadium information to the general fan
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time.
- Work outdoors in varying weather conditions including extreme heat and cold.
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds.
- Must be able to work nights, weekends and holidays based on event schedule.
TITLE: EVENTS & GAME DAY MARKETING ASSOCIATE
The San Jose Earthquakes are looking for fun, outgoing individuals to assist the Marketing team at Earthquakes home games and events for the 2017 season. You will be required to attend all Avaya Stadium events as well as every home game (including matches at other venues). You will have the opportunity to participate in special events and learn about sports marketing and game day operations.
Avaya Stadium events:
-Setup, breakdown, and assist in the coordination of events
-Must be available for all events (15-20 total) ranging from January-December
-Greet, acknowledge, and mingle with fans at home games
-Represent the San Jose Earthquakes and their respective partners and sponsors in a positive and professional manner
-Oversee one of the Epicenter activities at home games (ie cornhole, inflatables, social media hub, etc)
-Take ownership of the activity
-Must be available for all 20 home games
-Assist with escorting the team mascot
-Assist with on-field activities and presentations
-Must be 18 years of age or older by January 1, 2017
-Able to communicate in a professional and courteous manner with internal and external staff, fans, and clients
-Excellent customer service skills
-Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
-Available to work all 20 home game February-November/December
-Ability to stand on feet for 4-5 hours per shift
-This is a Part Time position
The San Jose Earthquakes are seeking a Fan Relations Specialist who can provide first-class customer service in all aspects of the job, develop excellent relationships with Season Ticket Holders, identify areas of growth opportunities for the Earthquakes organization, and deliver customized communications, events, programs and benefits to the team's most important fans.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Serve as the primary liaison between the San Jose Earthquakes organization and team’s Season Ticket Holders.
Drive organizational revenue through annual season ticket renewal campaign
- Improve year over year client experience and retention rates while actively working toward meeting the department renewal goals.
- Build strong relationships with the defined account base through proactive communication, including seat visits, touch points, phone calls, emails, events and other communication channels.
- Credibly and responsibly present oneself as the key "go to" person for the defined account base.
- Assist in executing customized programs, benefits and events to drive loyalty with defined account base.
- Coordinate all Season Ticket Holder events, including in-season events, player meet and greets, chalk talks, autograph sessions, etc.
- Identify opportunities for up-sells, add-ons, and referral business from clients, and work with sales representatives to maximize revenue from existing customers.
- Ensure customer and account data and profile requirements are accurate and complete.
- Maintain a detailed database of touch points for each and every client.
- Build Relationships with the Ushers that work in your assigned sections.
- All other duties as assigned by the Director of Fan Relations.
The ideal candidate will:
- Be an exceptional relationship builder
- Have excellent communication skills - interpersonal, verbal, written, persuasive
- Possess strong analytical skills
- Be solution-oriented
- Be creative
- Have a high attention to detail
- Be a positive and energetic team player
- Have an outgoing, engaging and professional personality
- 4 year college degree
- 1 or more years experience in a customer service environment (preferably in sports)
- Proven success in sales background
- Understands and provides superior customer service
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong relationship building and interpersonal skills
- Bilingual language (English & Spanish)
- The ability to work independently and demonstrate innovation and initiative
- A strong work ethic and the ability to thrive in a deadline driven environment
- The ability and desire to work long and flexible hours, including evenings, weekends and holidays
- Proficiency in Archtics, MS Office products, (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook)
1. Do you have experience in customer service? Yes/No
2. Do you have a background in soccer and/or knowledge of MLS? Yes/No
If you wish to be notified of opportunities as they arise, please press "apply" and make sure you check mark off boxes that say "notify me" on the application. Filling in this information now makes it easier for you to access your record later. You will not be considered an applicant to any position unless you apply for the position. Please make sure your email address is correct or we cannot guarantee notification. If you have already submitted information into this program, for updating your information, you can also press the “My Account-TeamWork Online” at the top of the page. Thank you.
Click here to view all other job opportunities on this board.