» Staff Accountant - San Jose Earthquakes (San Jose, CA)
» Future Consideration Notification/Update - MLS Teams (Various Locations, Various Locations)
Facility Operations/Security/Event Management: Events/Maintenance
Event Conversion Staff (Part-Time) - San Jose Earthquakes
Reports To: Manager of Event Operations
Position Overview: San Jose Earthquakes are looking for event based staff to assist with the setup, strike and day to day operation for games and other events.
· Flexible schedule including nights, weekends, and holidays
· A valid DMV issued driver’s license
· A valid Forklift certification license is a plus
· Punctuality is a must
· Detail oriented
· Able to communicate in a professional and courteous manner with staff and clients
· Ability to perform general labor; ability to lift 50 pounds is required
· Familiarity with the use and safety of basic hand tools
· Perform general labor as assigned
· Setup and breakdown of tents, barricades, tables, chairs, event decking, etc
· Other duties as assigned
Event Based Part-Time
The Staff Accountant will perform professional accounting work involving completion, consolidation, analysis and review of financial data.
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Facilitate and complete month-end close procedures.
· Analyze revenues, commissions and expenses to ensure they are recorded appropriately on a monthly basis.
· Prepare monthly account reconciliations.
· Assist with analyzing financial statements on a monthly basis.
· Assist with financial audit.
· Produce commission reports, analyzing and correcting discrepancies.
· Assist in documentation and monitoring of internal controls.
· Review Accounts Payable batches prepared by A/P Assistants.
· Create Accounts Receivable invoices.
· Initiate bank account transfers as directed by Director, Finance and Team President.
· Prepare cash receipts entries.
· Review vendor activity to ensure all monthly invoices have been received and processed.
· Perform cash account reconciliation’s and related journal entries.
· Record revenue journal entry.
· Perform general ledger account reconciliations and work to resolve any discrepancies
· All other duties as assigned by the Director, Finance and Administration.
· Understanding of Accounting Principals and Concepts.
· Work independently.
· Strong computer and software skills.
· Must be able to demonstrate extreme confidentiality.
· Excellent communication skills and a customer service (internal & external) orientated mentality.
Education and Work Experience Requirements:
The successful candidate will have a Bachelor’s Degree with and emphasis in accounting. At least 5 years of experience in the area of financial statement preparation, budgeting, accounts payable and accounts receivable, or equivalent. Experience working with automated financial systems.
Click here to view all other job opportunities on this board.
Contact the TeamWorkOnline webmaster / FAQ