» Assistant, Creative Services - San Jose Earthquakes (San Jose, CA)
» Athletic Trainer, Academy - San Jose Earthquakes (San Jose, CA)
» Avaya Stadium Event Ambassador - San Jose Earthquakes (San Jose, CA)
» Coordinator, Marketing - San Jose Earthquakes (San Jose, CA)
» Director, Fan Relations - San Jose Earthquakes (San Jose, CA)
» Distribution Crew - San Jose Earthquakes (San Jose, CA)
» Inside Sales Representative - San Jose Earthquakes (San Jose, CA)
» Future Consideration Notification/Update - MLS Teams (Various Locations, Various Locations)
Position:50/50 Raffle Ticket Seller
Reports to: Manager, Community Relations
Department: Earthquakes Community Fund
Status: Part-Time, Seasonal, Non-Exempt
Duration: March – October/November 2017
The San Jose Earthquakes Community Fund is looking for dependable, enthusiastic, highly-motivated, outgoing and hard-working individuals to sell 50/50 Raffle tickets during Earthquakes home games at Avaya Stadium.
The raffle tickets will be sold from gates open (two hours before kick-off) to five minutes after the start of the second half. The 50/50 Raffle Team Members must be available three hours before the game and available after the raffle closes.
This position is part-time, hourly. Applicants will be loaned 50/50 and Quakes branded t-shirts and jackets on a game by game basis, and given the opportunity to help a fantastic cause while working behind the scenes at one of the MLS’s finest stadiums.
- Effectively communicate and educate fans about the 50/50 Raffle
- Encourage fans to purchase raffle tickets
- Facilitate raffle ticket sales via electronic handheld device
- Patrol assigned area during the games to promote raffle sales
- Reconcile tickets sold and cash received after each raffle
- Answer questions regarding the 50/50 Raffle and the Earthquakes Community Fund
- Excellent cash handling and customer service skills
- Comfortable approaching people and selling in front of crowds
- Detail oriented with the ability to work efficiently in a high-stress environment
- Regularly required to walk long distances, and climb up/down and stand for long periods of time
- Must be 18 years of age or older by start date of employment
- Work non-traditional hours on weeknights, weekends and holidays according to the Earthquakes home schedule
The San Jose Earthquakes are currently seeking a part-time multimedia assistant. The Assistant, Creative Services position will be responsible for assisting in day-to-day as well as game day responsibilities as assigned by the Manager, Creative Services. The position will include shooting/editing behind the scenes content, special events, recap videos, and working with social media platforms.
Primary duties will include, but are not limited to:
Game Day & Events
· Shooting and Editing Recap Videos
· Assist camera operators/ production crew
· Posting content on Social Media
· Video Conceptualization, Production & Editing?Develop video content for sponsorship deliverables, website, social media/fan interaction and other promotions
· Maintain and log digital files and ensure that projects are properly archived
· General working Photoshop knowledge
· Working towards a degree in Video Production or a related field
· Proven creative skills in utilizing Final Cut Pro or Adobe Premiere
· Working knowledge of DSLR cameras?Strong communication skills both written and verbal?
· Thorough attention to detail
· Exceptional organization and time management
· Ability to meet deadlines under pressure
· Reliable transportation
· Ability to work flexible hours including evenings, weekends and holidays, if necessary can commit to 10 - 15 hours a week
The Athletic Trainer, Academy managing the day-to-day sports medicine operations for a San Jose Earthquakes youth academy soccer teams. In this capacity, the Athletic Trainer, Academy provides injury prevention strategies, evaluation, treatment and rehabilitation for players’ medical problems. The Athletic Trainer works under the direction and supervision of the Head Athletic Trainer, Team Physician and Technical Staff.
This is a part time position.
Licenses or Certifications
· NATABOC (or CATA) Certified Athletic Trainer
· In good standing with NATABOC and a member of the NATA
· Current professional CPR certification
· Possess personal professional liability insurance
· Minimum four (4) year Bachelors Degree
· Preferred Masters degree in health related field
· Minimum of 2 years of experience in the field of sports medicine
· Medical soccer experience preferred (exception may be granted for experience in other professional sports)
Duties and Responsibilities
· Performs as Certified Athletic Trainer in managing the health care of players. Health care includes, but is not limited to: first aid / emergency care, on-site injury evaluation, application of appropriate modalities, developing rehabilitation and prevention programs, as well as conducting rehabilitation and making medical referrals
· Maintain a complete and up to date roster of player health and participation records in the League-provided electronic medical record system.
· Order, maintain and inventory supplies and clinical equipment
· Keep athletic training room and clinic area safe, clean and organized
· Provide medical assistance to the Head Athletic Trainer
· Comply with all San Jose Earthquakes, MLS, and US Soccer medical policies and protocols
· Comply with OSHA Standards with regards to blood borne pathogens
· Perform other duties as assigned or required
Position: Avaya Stadium Event Ambassador (Part Time/Event Days Only)
Summary:S Each Event Ambassador will report directly to the Manager, Fan Experience. They will serve as a friendly, primary point of contact for Avaya Stadium patrons and will provide each fan with a positive customer service experience and enjoyable environment. Starting at $13/hr. Opportunity for monetary bonuses.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
Usher – Act as a primary contact on game day for fans within your assigned section; greet fans with a smile and positive attitude, check tickets and direct fans around facility, answer questions, ensure safety of staff and fans, keep areas clear and clean, handle complaints and collect feedback, provide assistance to fans with special needs and support other event day staff.
Guest Relations – Provide patrons with above-and-beyond service; greet fans with a smile & positive attitude, assist with lost and found, direct fans around facility, answer questions, provide wheelchair escorts, ensure safety of staff and fans, scan tickets for entry into the stadium, communicate stadium policies to fans, monitor seating areas as well as elevators and concourse, provide breaks to other part-time staff, handle complaints and collect feedback and support other event day staff. Work locations may be inside the stadium, outside the main gates and/or in the various parking lots.
Must be at least 18 years of age
Excellent customer service skills
Excellent interpersonal and leadership skills with a diverse staff and fan base
Enthusiastic and friendly with a professional demeanor
Must be mature and accustomed to working in a diverse environment
Tenacious work ethic
Strong verbal communication skills
Must have the ability to simultaneously handle multiple tasks and adapt to change
Required to work every Quakes home game – shift generally starts 2.5 hours prior to kick-off
Required to work additional stadium events as announced
This position regularly requires the employee to stand for long periods of time (up to 4 or more hours) and walk upstairs
Nature of position requires physical mobility and the ability to lift a minimum 20 pounds
Must have the ability to adjust to changing work hours and locations in the stadium and stadium
parking lots as needed
San Jose Earthquakes
JOB TITLE: Coordinator, Marketing
SUPERVISOR: Brand Manager
The Marketing Coordinator will work closely with the Brand Manager to execute the marketing strategy for the San Jose Earthquakes. This person will primarily assist with the grassroots marketing, Earthquakes game presentation at Avaya Stadium, event marketing, the Quakes brand ambassadors, creative design requests and manage the design schedule for the assistant graphic designer, while also serving as the primary contact for all ad trafficking with media partners. The Marketing Coordinator will also help oversee the 7UP Epicenter Fan Zone area at Avaya Stadium on game days and assist in all marketing events.
The ideal candidate should have strong knowledge of the sport of soccer, several years of experience placing and trafficking ads and 1-2 years in a marketing role.
- Create a plan and execute a plan to build the Earthquakes presence at events throughout the Bay Area to promote the team.
- Oversee the Brand Ambassadors- hiring, creating an outreach plan, attending events, etc. to raise profile of the San Jose Earthquakes in the community, along with helping develop a training program for all Street Team members.
- Serve as day-to-day point person for implementing the Earthquakes one-to-one personalized marketing strategy.
- Assist the Brand Manager with media buying, trafficking and tracking.
- Serve as the primary contact for the 7UP Epicenter fan zone at Avaya Stadium on Earthquakes game days including marketing elements, performances and vendor set-up.
- Build a strategy for data capture at games and events to build the team’s customer database.
- Represent the Earthquakes at community and promotional events.
- Assist in the management of the network of designers and design requests for the Assistant Graphic Designer.
- Assist in the production of the team’s game day program, Quakes MatchDay, including writing and editing.
- Work closely with the Brand Manager, Creative Services Manager and Coordinator to plan and coordinate in-stadium events, promotions and game presentation elements.
- Other duties as assigned.
SKILLS AND REQUIREMENTS
- BA/BS degree.
- 2+ years experience in marketing field
- Ability to manage large events.
- Prior paid media trafficking and copy writing experience
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Team player.
- Knowledge of Spanish preferred.
- Strong understanding of MLS and international soccer.
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite products.
- Ability to work flexible hours, including but not limited to evenings, weekends and holidays.
Director, Fan Relations
The Director, Fan Relations holds P&L Responsibility for the existing Season Ticket base of San Jose Earthquakes customers.
· Create a best in class Season Ticket Holder experience for the San Jose Earthquakes New Stadium.
· Lead the San Jose Earthquakes Season Ticket Sales renewal efforts, achieving goals and revenue targets set forth by VP of Sales and Fan Relations
· Ownership of all San Jose Earthquakes event planning for EQ Season Ticket Holders.
· Manage a full time staff including: the Premium Seating Manager, Supporters Relations Manager and 6 Fan Relations Specialists.
· Provide training, development materials, and other programs to mentor and improve staff functions.
· Participate in senior level ticketing staff strategy meetings.
· Oversight of Season Ticket Holder experience and Fan Relations staff on all game dates
· Participate in staff interviewing, hiring, and training.
· Manage department budgets.
· Ownership of reporting functions on Season Ticket Holder data.
· Minimum of five years experience in a customer facing role with a professional sports or entertainment company.
· Minimum of three years experience managing a team in a customer service, user experience, or client management role.
· Strong CRM and reporting background preferred.
· Strong soccer knowledge preferred.
A Distribution Crew member will be responsible for distributing items pre-game and/or postgame and providing fans with general stadium information. This is a Part Time position.
- Pass out items to fans entering, at halftime and exiting Avaya Stadium
- Provide basic stadium information to the general fan
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time.
- Work outdoors in varying weather conditions including extreme heat and cold.
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds.
- Must be able to work nights, weekends and holidays based on event schedule.
Inside Sales Representative, Ticket Sales
The San Jose Earthquakes are looking for a passionate individual to join a fast paced ticket sales department with the goal of selling new season and group ticket packages and contribute to continued sellouts of all games at Avaya Stadium. The Inside Sales program offers in-depth onboard training, bi-weekly meetings with management for feedback and performance updates, and is part of a highly successful professional ticket sales department that broke multiple club records in 2015.
The ideal candidate is looking to launch a career in sports, through the development of practiced sales skills and best professional practices in the sports industry. The candidate will receive training, and must be ambitious and hard working. Top personality traits include: self-motivator, competitive, and a desire to consistently improve and be challenged.
· Actively prospect potential Earthquakes ticket buyers via phone, email, and in person meetings.
· Meet and exceed all individual and team revenue targets.
· Work all Earthquakes home games and other team events as assigned by Inside Sales Manager.
· Sell Quakes season and group ticket packages, including those for special events and affinity nights.
· Make 75+ outbound phone calls a day.
· Bachelor’s Degree with academic success required.
· Passion to succeed as a professional in the sports business industry.
· Knowledge of MLS and the San Jose Earthquakes preferred but not required.
Bilingual a plus
Please provide a link to a brief (1-2 minute) YouTube video addressing:
1) Why are you interested in working in sports and/or soccer?
2) Why sales?
If you wish to be notified of opportunities as they arise, please press "apply" and make sure you check mark off boxes that say "notify me" on the application. Filling in this information now makes it easier for you to access your record later. You will not be considered an applicant to any position unless you apply for the position. Please make sure your email address is correct or we cannot guarantee notification. If you have already submitted information into this program, for updating your information, you can also press the “My Account-TeamWork Online” at the top of the page. Thank you.
Click here to view all other job opportunities on this board.