» Coordinator, Creative Services - San Jose Earthquakes (San Jose, CA)
» Coordinator, Event Operations - San Jose Earthquakes (San Jose, CA)
» Gameday Marketing Associate - San Jose Earthquakes (San Jose, CA)
» Manager, Group Ticket Sales - San Jose Earthquakes (San Jose, CA)
» Media Relations Gameday Staff - San Jose Earthquakes (San Jose, CA)
» Representative, Inside Sales - San Jose Earthquakes (Santa Clara, CA)
» Future Consideration Notification/Update - MLS Teams (Various Locations, Various Locations)
-Minimum three (3) years experience in building maintenance; experience in plumbing, electrical, building repair and carpentry work.
- Experience in a convention center, sports & entertainment or hospitality industry is preferred.
- Possession of an electrical license is highly desirable.
- High school diploma or equivalent required; must possess a valid State\driver’s license and a good driving record. Must be certified to operate a forklift.
- Specialized training / experience in the repair and maintenance of building HVAC and related systems.
- Ability to lift 50 lbs. and climb ladders required; must be able to be fitted for respirator equipment; must have experience with power and hand tools
-Familiarity with OSHA requirements.
-Meet with contractors to develop preventative maintenance contracts as well as ongoing operational repairs.
- Perform minor in-house repairs.
- Participate in the development of and administration of the Operations budget including forecasting and ongoing monitoring.
- Required to work independently and under minimal supervision.
- Must be available to work varies shifts as necessary including nights, weekends and holidays.
-Responsible for maintenance, operations and repairs, including HVAC, electrical/lighting systems, plumbing and related building systems.
-Participate in the delivery of events; coordinate arrangements with event and operations departments, contractors and clients; monitor and/or direct the work of contractors on building projects.
-Participate in work planning for facility maintenance and operations; identify and resolve problems; review and evaluate work projects, methods and procedures
-Monitor expenditures for equipment, materials, and supplies; oversee supplies and materials for maintenance programs within budget guidelines; receive and maintain supplies.
-Ensure compliance with hazardous materials communication program, material safety data sheets and required records and permits; maintain knowledge of changes in pertinent Federal, State and Local regulations.
-Ensure a safe work environment at all times
-Develop and maintain an accurate record keeping system.
-Perform related duties and responsibilities as required.
Coordinator, Creative Services
The San Jose Earthquakes are currently seeking a full-time Coordinator, Creative Services. The Coordinator, Creative Services will be responsible for assisting in day-to-day responsibilities as assigned by the Creative Services Producer. The position will include shooting/editing video segments, creating graphic design collateral and motion graphic elements, as well as overseeing the production of in-stadium interactive elements.
Primary duties will include, but are not limited to:
- Design graphic elements for SJEarthquakes.com, New Stadium website, marketing collateral and in-stadium video board
- Video Conceptualization, Production & Editing
- Assist with new Stadium Video board graphics
- Assist with new Stadium LED graphics
- Develop content for concourse screen graphics to include sponsorship deliverables, ticket opportunities, merchandise offers, social/fan interaction and other promotions
- Aid in the production of the game day script and run of show for interactive stadium elements
- Maintain and log digital files and ensures that projects are properly archived
- Attend training on all control room equipment
- Attend training for motion graphics
- Oversee the run of show for in-stadium interactive screen elements
- Field Producer for segments of the video board show
- Monitor fan social chatter and approve content for the video board, LEDs and interactive screens
- Act as the primary point of contact for in-stadium interactive screens
- As needed, assist the Creative Services Producer with the in-stadium show
- Degree in Video Production, Graphic Design, or a related field
- Proven creative skills in utilizing Final Cut Pro or Adobe Premiere, Photoshop, Illustrator and After Effects
- Proven design and typography skills required
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal
- Thorough attention to detail
- Exceptional organizational and time management skills
- Ability to meet deadlines under pressure
· Ability to work flexible hours including evenings, weekends and holidays, if necessary
· Demonstrated knowledge of facility operations, supervisory principals, customer service practices, Emergency Procedures, Event Services and Events.
· Must have excellent organizational, interpersonal, written and oral communication, skills.
· Must have computer skills in Microsoft Office applications.
· Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees, vendors, and contractors.
· Must have excellent organizational, interpersonal, written and oral communication, skills. Able to meet deadlines, and handle multiple tasks at one time.
· Able to work flexible and sometimes demanding schedules including nights, weekends, and holidays.
· Ability to create and meet deadlines and handles multiple tasks at one time.
· Assist in the delivery of game and event operations; coordinate arrangements with event and operations departments, event field staff, contractors and clients.
· Organize & Manage Operations Set-up & Strike of stadium, stadium look and operations for games and special events
· Manage the delivery of game and event operations; coordinate arrangements with event and operations departments, event field staff, contractors and clients,
· Source & price products and services from various vendors.
· Manage inventory of all assets and premium items. Maintain all equipment and supplies in a proper working order. Ability to make minor repairs to various types of inventory/equipment.
· Collect data from various departments and create an event plan. Advance and communicate all event information to appropriate stakeholders.
· Gathers accurate event seating information with the Ticket Operations Manager and the Fan Relations Manager, and ensures event set-ups are accurate.
· Oversee management and logistics of Food Truck Service.
· Executes other duties as assigned.
The San Jose Earthquakes are looking for fun, outgoing individuals to assist the Marketing team at Earthquakes home games and events for the 2015 season. You will be required to attend all Avaya Stadium kickoff campaign events as well as every home game (including matches at other venues). You will have the opportunity to participate in special events and learn about sports marketing and game day operations.
Avaya Stadium kickoff campaign events:
-Setup, breakdown, and assist in the coordination of events
-Travel to various cities in the Bay Area (cities include Sacramento, Santa Cruz, Danville, Palo Alto, etc)
-Must be available for all events (15-20 total)
-Greet, acknowledge, and mingle with fans at home games
-Represent the San Jose Earthquakes and their respective partners and sponsors in a positive and professional manner
-Oversee one of the Epicenter activities at home games (ie cornhole, inflatables, social media hub, etc)
-Take ownership of the activity
-Must be available for all 20 home games
-Assistance with escorting the team mascot
-Must be 18 years of age or older by January 1, 2015
-Able to communicate in a professional and courteous manner with internal and external staff, fans, and clients
-Excellent customer service skills
-Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
-Available to work every home game March-November/December
-Available to work 15-20 events in January-March
-Ability to stand on feet for 4-5 hours per shift
Manager, Group Ticket Sales
The San Jose Earthquakes Group Manager is responsible for overseeing all aspects of Group Ticket Sales with the Quakes.
* Lead the San Jose Earthquakes group ticket sales efforts, achieving goals and revenue targets set forth
* Manage a staff of 4-6 full time group ticket account executives on a daily basis.
* Provide training, development materials, and other programs to mentor and improve staff functions.
* Participate in senior level ticketing staff strategy meetings.
* Develop strategies for renewing and growing Earthquakes group ticket base.
* Participate in staff interviewing, hiring, and training.
* Manage department budgets.
* Oversee activation of youth soccer and affinity group elements on game day.
* Achieve personal group ticket sales revenue targets.
* Develop new ticket sales initiatives in line with the Earthquakes target demographics.
* Bachelors Degree w/ academic success
* 3-4 years sports ticket sales experience
* 2-3 years of managing direct reports
DESCRIPTION: The Media Relations Gameday Staff will help oversee media relations operations at all Earthquakes home events. The range of duties includes: photo marshal, photo room attendance, statistician, media liaison and will call attendant. This position will report to the Senior Manager of Media Relations.
- Oversee key areas of the club’s gameday operations for media relations.
- Ensure a fluid work experience for media at Earthquakes home events.
- Work with Senior Manager of Media Relations to solve problems that may arise on gamedays.
- Other duties as assigned.
SKILLS AND REQUIREMENTS
- Knowledge of soccer, including: rules, the club and MLS.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to own any project or responsibility put on your plate.
- Prior experience in sports preferred, but not required.
- Fluency in Spanish a bonus, but not required.
- Ability to work flexible hours, including but not limited to evenings, weekends and holidays.
IDEAL CANDIDATE: If you are an individual seeking the first step in your sports career and are looking for a tremendous career opportunity, the San Jose Earthquakes have an open door. The ideal candidate is ambitious, hardworking and interested in developing a background in sales. Inside Sales reps receive sales training throughout their tenure and top performers are often selected into full time roles with the Quakes. Top personality traits that we look for:
· Thirst to learn and commitment to daily growth
· Team player
· Sell Quakes Season Ticket and Group options primary through face-to-face appointments and sales events
· Maximize provided leads as well as consistently mine and prospect new opportunities
· Make 40-60 calls a day
· Meet and exceed all individual and team revenue targets.
· Attend all Earthquakes home games and other team events as assigned by IS Manager
· Meet weekly as a team to discuss successes and challenges with IS Manager and teammates
· Provide daily feedback to management regarding progress, success and needs/challenges.
· Bachelor’s Degree with academic success
· Passion for sports and sports marketing
· Bilingual candidates preferred
· Passion for sports business, particular soccer
· Local candidates preferred
Click here to view all other job opportunities on this board.
Contact the TeamWorkOnline webmaster / FAQ