» Director, Community Relations - San Jose Earthquakes (Santa Clara, CA)
» Director, Fan Relations - San Jose Earthquakes (Santa Clara, CA)
» Future Consideration Notification/Update - MLS Teams (Various Locations, Various Locations)
Coordinator, Event Operations- San Jose Earthquakes
Reports To: Senior Manager of Event Operations
· Demonstrated knowledge of facility operations, supervisory principals, customer service practices, emergency procedures, event services and events.
· Must have computer skills in Microsoft Office applications.
· Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees, vendors and contractors.
· Must have excellent organizational, interpersonal, written and oral communication skills.
· Able to work flexible and sometimes demanding schedules including nights, weekends and holidays.
· Ability to create and meet deadlines and handle multiple tasks at one time.
· Assist in the delivery of game and event operations; coordinate arrangements with event and operations departments, event field staff, contractors and clients.
· Assist with the set-up & strike of stadium, stadium look and operations for games and special events.
· Assist with the delivery of game and event operations; coordinate arrangements with event and operations departments, event field staff, contractors and clients.
· Source & price products and services from various vendors.
Assist with inventory of all assets and premium items.
· Ability to make minor repairs to various types of inventory/equipment.
· Executes other duties as assigned.
JOB TITLE: Director, Community Relations
SUPERVISOR: VP, Marketing and Communications
The Director, Community Relations will oversee all community outreach efforts for the San Jose Earthquakes with a strong emphasis on fundraising for the Quakes non-profit arm. This person will create a business plan and a vision for the Earthquakes fundraising efforts and community outreach. This position will build and manage community programs and create and execute on fundraising events for the San Jose Earthquakes Community Fund. This person will also build and maintain relationships with local political and community leaders to better build the team’s brand. The Community Relations Coordinator will report to the Director of the Earthquakes Community Fund.
- Develop and implement annual Business Plan and budget management for Community Relations and Community Fund.
- Grow current fundraiser events for the San Jose Earthquakes Community Fund.
- Create new fundraising mechanisms for the Earthquakes Community Fund, including events, solicitations and grants.
- Organize Board of Directors for San Jose Earthquakes Community Fund.
- Assist in developing and maintaining relationships with community members and organizations, e.g.: local leaders and other elected officials, members of non-profit organizations, corporate leaders, etc.
- Coordinate and manage team’s existing community-based programs in conjunction with other staff members, Get Earthquakes Fit, School appearances and Clinic Series.
- Build new community programs and events that enhance the Earthquakes brand.
- Serve as guest speaker to build the Earthquakes brand at non-profit events.
- Manage Community Relations Coordinator and other part time staff.
- Work directly with Corporate Sales and Ticket Sales and Operations to create, develop, and implement programs associated with Sponsor dollars and incentives for ticket sales.
- Oversee and manage all community/player appearances, including sponsor-related player appearances, player appearances at non-profits, etc.
- Coordinate autograph requests.
- Represent the Earthquakes at community and promotional events.
- Assist in Game Day operations.
- Create and administer budget for Community Relations and Community Fund
- Make recommendations for Community Fund donations to Board of Directors.
SKILLS AND REQUIREMENTS
- BA/BS degree.
- 5-7 years experience in community affairs.
- Must be willing to work flexible hours including evenings and weekends and holidays.
- Soccer knowledgeable.
- Strong relationships with local community and business leaders.
- Candidate should have excellent written and verbal skills.
- Self-motivated; team player with good work ethic.
Summary: The Director, Fan Relations holds P&L Responsibility for the existing Season Ticket base of San Jose Earthquakes customers.
- Create a best in class Season Ticket Holder experience for the San Jose Earthquakes New Stadium.
- Lead the San Jose Earthquakes season ticket sales renewal efforts, achieving goals and revenue targets set forth by VP of Sales and Strategy
- Ownership of all San Jose Earthquakes event planning for EQ Season Ticket Holders.
- Manage a full time staff including: the Premium Services Manager, Supporters Relations Manager and 3-4 Fan Relations Specialists.
- Provide training, development materials, and other programs to mentor and improve staff functions.
- Participate in senior level ticketing staff strategy meetings.
- Oversight of all customer service activities of the San Jose Earthquakes including Fan Relations mailbox, game day Guest Services, and game day VIP check in.
- Participate in staff interviewing, hiring, and training.
- Manage department budgets.
- Ownership of reporting functions on Season Ticket Holder data.
- Minimum of five years experience in a customer facing role with a professional sports or entertainment company.
- Minimum of three years experience managing a team in a customer service, user experience, or client management role.
- Strong CRM and reporting background preferred.
- Strong soccer knowledge preferred.
Click here to view all other job opportunities on this board.
Contact the TeamWorkOnline webmaster / FAQ