» Event Usher - San Jose Earthquakes (San Jose, CA)
» Inside Sales Representative - San Jose Earthquakes (San Jose, CA)
» Future Consideration Notification/Update - MLS Teams (Various Locations, Various Locations)
Position:50/50 Raffle Ticket Seller
Reports to: Manager, Community Relations
Department: Earthquakes Community Fund
Status: Part-Time, Seasonal, Non-Exempt
Duration: March – October/November 2016
The San Jose Earthquakes Community Fund is looking for dependable, enthusiastic, highly-motivated, outgoing and hard-working individuals to sell 50/50 Raffle tickets during Earthquakes home games at Avaya Stadium.
The raffle tickets will be sold from gates open (two hours before kick-off) to five minutes after the start of the second half. The 50/50 Raffle Team Members must be available three hours before the game and available after the raffle closes.
This position is part-time, hourly. Applicants will be loaned 50/50 and Quakes branded t-shirts and jackets on a game by game basis, and given the opportunity to help a fantastic cause while working behind the scenes at one of the MLS’s finest stadiums.
- Effectively communicate and educate fans about the 50/50 Raffle
- Encourage fans to purchase raffle tickets
- Facilitate raffle ticket sales via electronic handheld device
- Patrol assigned area during the games to promote raffle sales
- Reconcile tickets sold and cash received after each raffle
- Answer questions regarding the 50/50 Raffle and the Earthquakes Community Fund
- Excellent cash handling and customer service skills
- Comfortable approaching people and selling in front of crowds
- Detail oriented with the ability to work efficiently in a high-stress environment
- Regularly required to walk long distances, and climb up/down and stand for long periods of time
- Must be 18 years of age or older by start date of employment
- Work non-traditional hours on weeknights, weekends and holidays according to the Earthquakes home schedule
Position: Events Usher
Each Usher will serve as a friendly, primary point of contact for San Jose Earthquakes fans. This role will be responsible for ensuring guests are entering the section associated with their ticket, assisting guests in finding their seats, communicating any issues with their supervisor, as well as providing all fans with a positive customer service experience.
· Provide positive, friendly and timely assistance to San Jose Earthquakes fans.
· Enthusiastic and friendly with a professional demeanor. Must be mature and accustomed to working in a diverse environment.
· Understand and display knowledge in regards to basic game day information (location of box office, lost and found, etc).
· Check tickets before patrons enter sections and direct fans to their seats.
· Act as a primary contact on game day for fans within your assigned section.
· Monitor the seating areas and aisles to ensure a positive viewing experience for all fans and to make sure fans are not using rows as aisles/walkways.
· Must be able to climb stairs and be able to sit/turn/bend/stand for long periods of time.
· Previous experience working in a customer service environment is preferred.
· High energy, detail-oriented and hard-working individual with an outgoing personality and comfortable working in large crowds and high pressure situations.
· Must be able to work majority of home games and other events including week nights, weekends and holidays.
· Must be comfortable and confident in conflict resolution.
· Must be 18 years or older.
Inside Sales Representative, Ticket Sales
The San Jose Earthquakes are looking for a passionate individual to join a fast paced ticket sales department with the goal of selling new season and group ticket packages and contribute to continued sellouts of all games at Avaya Stadium. The Inside Sales program offers in-depth onboard training, bi-weekly meetings with management for feedback and performance updates, and is part of a highly successful professional ticket sales department that broke multiple club records in 2015.
The ideal candidate is looking to launch a career in sports, through the development of practiced sales skills and best professional practices in the sports industry. The candidate will receive training, and must be ambitious and hard working. Top personality traits include: self-motivator, competitive, and a desire to consistently improve and be challenged.
· Actively prospect potential Earthquakes ticket buyers via phone, email, and in person meetings.
· Meet and exceed all individual and team revenue targets.
· Work all Earthquakes home games and other team events as assigned by Inside Sales Manager.
· Sell Quakes season and group ticket packages, including those for special events and affinity nights.
· Make 75+ outbound phone calls a day.
· Bachelor’s Degree with academic success required.
· Passion to succeed as a professional in the sports industry.
· Knowledge of MLS and the San Jose Earthquakes preferred but not required.
Bilingual a plus
Please provide a link to a brief (1-2 minute) YouTube video addressing:
1) Why are you interested in working in sports and/or soccer?
2) Why sales?
If you wish to be notified of opportunities as they arise, please press "apply" and make sure you check mark off boxes that say "notify me" on the application. Filling in this information now makes it easier for you to access your record later. You will not be considered an applicant to any position unless you apply for the position. Please make sure your email address is correct or we cannot guarantee notification. If you have already submitted information into this program, for updating your information, you can also press the “My Account-TeamWork Online” at the top of the page. Thank you.
Click here to view all other job opportunities on this board.