» Assistant, Creative Services - San Jose Earthquakes (San Jose, CA)
» Assistant, Sales Department - San Jose Earthquakes (San Jose, CA)
» Director, Merchandise - San Jose Earthquakes (San Jose, CA)
» Events Usher - San Jose Earthquakes (San Jose, CA)
» Inside Sales Representative - PT - San Jose Earthquakes (San Jose, CA)
» Manager, Premium Seating Relations - San Jose Earthquakes (San Jose, CA)
» Future Consideration Notification/Update - MLS Teams (Various Locations, Various Locations)
Position Title: San Jose Earthquakes Street Team
Do you have a passion for sports, soccer, and/or events? Then we want YOU to join our Street Team for the 2016 season! As a Street Team member, you’ll have an active role in game day action at the new, state-of-the-art Avaya Stadium and all home games. You’ll also serve as a brand ambassador at events all throughout the Bay Area to engage and connect with fans everywhere.
If you have been looking to break into the sports industry or are a student considering a career in sports, then the Street Team is the perfect opportunity.
· Represent and promote the San Jose Earthquakes in a fun and professional manner at over 100 events throughout the year
· Enhance fan in-stadium experience at all home games and other Avaya Stadium events such as international soccer matches, viewing parties, sports tournaments, festivals, and more.
· Special 2016 events include activations leading into the 2016 MLS All-Star game and promotion of other major sporting events in the area
· Game day roles include on-field ceremonies, sponsorship activations, half-time contests, hand out of premium items, interact with fans and customer service
· Work as brand ambassadors at all home games and community events
· Responsible for set up, tear down, and management of all interactive elements at community events
· Promote current marketing, sales, promotional and team-related news and initiatives
· Support the sales team to create leads
· Be a knowledgeable representative of the San Jose Earthquakes
What we are looking for:
· Outgoing, passionate, energetic, and motivated professionals
· Knowledge of San Jose Earthquakes, soccer and MLS preferred
· Ability to work on a team
· Adaptable and can take the lead on initiatives
· Excellent customer service skills
· Must be willing to work the majority of all regular season Earthquakes home games
· Must be willing to work the majority of scheduled community and special events as needed
· Flexible schedule to include nights and weekends and some holidays
· Ability to lift at least 25-30 pounds at a time; requires prolonged standing
· Must have a valid drivers license
· Bilingual a plus!
· Access to a cell phone and/or email on a daily basis
· Must be 18 years or older by January 1, 2016
· Need to participate in all required days and levels of the audition process – details at www.sjearthquakes.com/post/2015/11/13/2016-street-team-application-auditions
When you apply for this job online, you will be required to answer the following questions:
1. Are you willing to work nights and weekends? 2. Can you provide your own transportation? 3. Are you willing to travel to various Bay Area events? 4. What qualities do you possess that set you apart from other potential candidates? 5. Do you have a Commercial Driver's License? (CDL)
1. Are you willing to work nights and weekends?
2. Can you provide your own transportation?
3. Are you willing to travel to various Bay Area events?
4. What qualities do you possess that set you apart from other potential candidates?
5. Do you have a Commercial Driver's License? (CDL)
Assistant, Creative Services, Part-time
The San Jose Earthquakes are currently seeking a team of part-time, multimedia assistants. The Assistant, Creative Services will be responsible for assisting in day-to-day as well as game day responsibilities as assigned by the Manager, Creative Services. The position will include operating scoreboard equipment, shooting/editing game highlights, special events, recap videos, working with existing graphic design collateral and motion graphic elements.
Primary duties will include, but are not limited to:
Game Day & Events
· Operate Scoreboard control consoles
· Assist camera operators/ production crew
· Produce recap packages
· Video Conceptualization, Production & Editing?Develop video content for sponsorship deliverables, website, social media/fan interaction and other promotions
· Maintain and log digital files and ensure that projects are properly archived
· General working Photoshop knowledge
· Working towards a degree in Video Production or a related field
· Proven creative skills in utilizing Final Cut Pro or Adobe Premiere
· Working knowledge of DSLR cameras?Strong communication skills both written and verbal?Thorough attention to detail
· Exceptional organization and time management
· Ability to meet deadlines under pressure
· Reliable transportation
· Ability to work flexible hours including evenings, weekends and holidays, if necessary Can commit to 10 - 15 hours a week
Assistant, Sales Department
The San Jose Earthquakes are a growing and fast paced franchise looking for highly motivated and passionate sales-assistant to join the sales team. The ideal candidate will have passion for sports and a strong background in Photoshop and Excel. This is part-time paid position.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
-Help Managers and Account Executives with day to day duties
-Create promotional fliers and pamphlets
-Send out direct mail pieces
-Data entry for sales leads
-Create new Excel lists of potential clients
-Research different topics involving sales related ideas
-Attend events on behalf of the Earthquakes sales team
Ideal Candidates Must Possess:
- Experience with Photoshop and Excel
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work well within a team environment
- Self motivated and self-starter mind-set
- Positive attitude and strong work ethic
- Detail-oriented and organized approach
- Ability to multitask
- Ability to work non-traditional hours including weekends
- Open to learning/training
JOB TITLE: Director of Merchandise
SUPERVISOR: VP of Marketing and Communications
The Director of Merchandise will oversee the merchandise and retail business for the San Jose Earthquakes. This person will create a merchandising strategy for both game days and the Earthquakes retail locations, including the Quakes Team Store at Avaya Stadium and locations around the Bay Area. The Director of Merchandise will also handle purchasing for giveaway items and work closely with MLS Consumer Products and league apparel partner. Internally, this person will work hand in hand with the marketing department to ensure that merchandise reflects the brand and also to promote product effectively through advertising and social channels. This position will oversee the Merchandise Operations Coordinator as well as a part time staff of sales associates.
The ideal candidate should have strong knowledge of the sport of soccer as well as experience in building and executing fully integrated retail plans.
- Create and execute a strong retail and merchandise strategy for the club.
- Manage store merchandising and product display.
- Purchase all merchandise for retail from adidas, SLD and other licensed vendors.
- Coordinate the purchasing of all promotional items and work with designated departments to help meet their objectives.
- Work with VP of Marketing and Communications to create expansion strategy for retail locations. There are currently two retail locations, Avaya Stadium and a kiosk at Valley Fair mall. Plan to grow retail locations across the Bay Area, including East Bay, Peninsula and San Francisco.
- Work with adidas and other licensed vendors to create and sell the best possible merchandise in all Quakes Team Stores.
- Manage relationship with league online store partner, Fanatics.
- Create new, innovative product lines for retail locations.
- Build and maintain accurate reports for upper management that show day-to-day sales and top product sales on game-to-game basis.
- Utilize organization’s business intelligence department to help create analytics that will lead to increased revenue.
- Hire, train and schedule sales associates for all retail locations.
- Establish a creative marketing plan in collaboration with marketing, PR and digital teams to build more awareness for the product.
- Manage all inventory and reporting with assistance of finance department.
- Build relationships with local specialty stores and other retail locations to help increase quantity of Quakes product at retail locations.
SKILLS AND REQUIREMENTS
- BA/BS degree.
- Five to seven years experience in retail field.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Team player.
- Strong understanding of MLS and international soccer.
- Ability to work flexible hours, including but not limited to evenings, weekends and holidays.
Each Usher will serve as a friendly, primary point of contact for San Jose Earthquakes fans. This role will be responsible for ensuring guests are entering the section associated with their ticket, assisting guests in finding their seats, communicating any issues with their supervisor, as well as providing all fans with a positive customer service experience.
· Provide positive, friendly and timely assistance to San Jose Earthquakes fans.
· Direct fans to their ticketed seat locations.
· Check tickets before patrons enter sections.
· Act as a primary contact on game day for fans within your assigned section.
· Monitor the aisle to ensure a positive viewing experience for all fans.
· Monitor seating areas to make sure fans are not using rows as aisles/walkways.
· Work with the management staff to resolve any situation that needs attention.
· Must be able to stand for an extended period of time.
· Must be comfortable and confident in conflict resolution.
· Able to work under high pressure situations.
· Must be able to manage large crowds.
· Must be available to work all San Jose Earthquakes games and additional events at Avaya Stadium as needed.
Inside Sales Representative, Ticket Sales
The San Jose Earthquakes are looking for a passionate individual to join a fast paced ticket sales department with the goal of selling new season and group ticket packages and contribute to continued sellouts of all games at Avaya Stadium. The Inside Sales program offers in-depth onboard training, bi-weekly meetings with management for feedback and performance updates, and is part of a highly successful professional ticket sales department that broke multiple club records in 2015.
The ideal candidate is looking to launch a career in sports, through the development of practiced sales skills and best professional practices in the sports industry. The candidate will receive training, and must be ambitious and hard working. Top personality traits include: self-motivator, competitive, and a desire to consistently improve and be challenged.
· Actively prospect potential Earthquakes ticket buyers via phone, email, and in person meetings.
· Meet and exceed all individual and team revenue targets.
· Work all Earthquakes home games and other team events as assigned by Inside Sales Manager.
· Sell Quakes season and group ticket packages, including those for special events and affinity nights.
· Make 75+ outbound phone calls a day.
· Bachelor’s Degree with academic success required.
· Passion to succeed as a professional in the sports industry.
· Knowledge of MLS and the San Jose Earthquakes preferred but not required.
Bilingual a plus
The San Jose Earthquakes are seeking a Manager, Premium Seating Relations who can provide first-class customer service in all aspects of the job, develop excellent relationships with Club Seat and Suite holders, identify areas of growth opportunities for the Earthquakes organization, and deliver customized communications, events, programs and benefits to the team's most important fans.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
· Act as primary point of contact for all BMW Club, Midfield Club, Scoreboard Club and Suite Members regarding their overall game day experience – ensure customer satisfaction, resolve ticket issues and coordinate specific needs.
· Conduct game day walk-throughs of the Suites to identify any Suite Member issues, then work to resolve them immediately.
· Create and execute a year-round, full service philosophy that includes proactive communication and value-added services for Suite Members.
· Work closely with the Earthquakes Food Service Vendor, including service expectations, special Suite Member events, gifts and billing.
· Understand and use various tools within the organization, such as CRM and Archtics to follow all office and company standard operating procedures
· Ensure that all aspects of Suite Holder and Club Seat contracts are fulfilled.
· Improve year over year client experience and retention rates while actively working toward meeting the department renewal goals
· Coordinate all Suite Holder and Club Seat events, including in-season events, player meet and greets, chalk talks, autograph sessions, etc.
· Identify opportunities for up-sells, add-ons, and referral business from clients, and work with sales representatives to maximize revenue from existing customers.
· Ensure customer and account data and profile requirements are accurate and complete.
· Maintain a detailed database of touch points for each and every client.
· Build Relationships with the Ushers that work in your assigned sections.
· All other duties as assigned by the Director of Fan Relations.
The ideal candidate will:
• Be an exceptional relationship builder
• Have excellent communication skills - interpersonal, verbal, written, persuasive
• Possess strong analytical skills
• Be solution-oriented
• Be creative
• Have a high attention to detail
• Be a positive and energetic team player
· Bachelor’s degree with at least 3 years of experience in a similar position
· Prior experience servicing premium clients in the sports and entertainment industry
· Proven ability to work in a team oriented environment and effectively influence and communicate with C-Level executives
· Be solution-oriented
· Understands and provides superior customer service
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Strong relationship building and interpersonal skills
· Bilingual language (English & Spanish) strongly preferred
· The ability to work independently and demonstrate innovation and initiative
· A strong work ethic and the ability to thrive in a deadline driven environment
· The ability and desire to work long and flexible hours, including evenings, weekends and holidays
· Proficiency in Archtics, MS Office products, (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook)
Click here to view all other job opportunities on this board.
Contact the TeamWorkOnline webmaster / FAQ