» Brand Ambassador/Retail Associate - San Jose Earthquakes (San Jose, CA)
» Conversion Crew - San Jose Earthquakes (San Jose, CA)
» Distribution Crew - San Jose Earthquakes (San Jose, CA)
» Future Consideration Notification/Update - MLS Teams (Various Locations, Various Locations)
Position:50/50 Raffle Ticket Seller
Reports to: Manager, Community Relations
Department: Earthquakes Community Fund
Status: Part-Time, Seasonal, Non-Exempt
Duration: March – October/November 2016
The San Jose Earthquakes Community Fund is looking for dependable, enthusiastic, highly-motivated, outgoing and hard-working individuals to sell 50/50 Raffle tickets during Earthquakes home games at Avaya Stadium.
The raffle tickets will be sold from gates open (two hours before kick-off) to five minutes after the start of the second half. The 50/50 Raffle Team Members must be available three hours before the game and available after the raffle closes.
This position is part-time, hourly. Applicants will be loaned 50/50 and Quakes branded t-shirts and jackets on a game by game basis, and given the opportunity to help a fantastic cause while working behind the scenes at one of the MLS’s finest stadiums.
- Effectively communicate and educate fans about the 50/50 Raffle
- Encourage fans to purchase raffle tickets
- Facilitate raffle ticket sales via electronic handheld device
- Patrol assigned area during the games to promote raffle sales
- Reconcile tickets sold and cash received after each raffle
- Answer questions regarding the 50/50 Raffle and the Earthquakes Community Fund
- Excellent cash handling and customer service skills
- Comfortable approaching people and selling in front of crowds
- Detail oriented with the ability to work efficiently in a high-stress environment
- Regularly required to walk long distances, and climb up/down and stand for long periods of time
- Must be 18 years of age or older by start date of employment
- Work non-traditional hours on weeknights, weekends and holidays according to the Earthquakes home schedule
Brand Ambassador/Retail Associate
Under the direction of manager, sell retail merchandise to customers in a professional manner.
· Greet, acknowledge, and assist guests with any questions about merchandise
· Process sale with POS system and follow register procedures while handling cash accordingly
· Process exchanges and returns of merchandise
· Ensure all merchandise is correctly labeled and displayed
· Routinely stock merchandise
· Maintain a clean and organized store or kiosk
· Maintain an orderly back-stock and aware of the location of merchandise
· Watch for and recognize security risks and thefts, and report to supervisor
· Assist with loading and unloading of merchandise
· Conduct inventory, as directed by supervisor
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
· Basic math skills; ability to accurately handle cash drawer
· Excellent customer service skills
· Attention to detail
· Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
Department: Event Operations
Reports To: Manager of Event Operations
Position Overview: San Jose Earthquakes are looking for event based staff to assist with the setup, strike and day to day operation for games and other events.
· Flexible schedule including nights, weekends, and holidays
· A valid DMV issued driver’s license
· A valid Forklift certification license is a plus
· Punctuality is a must
· Detail oriented
· Able to communicate in a professional and courteous manner with staff and clients
· Ability to perform general labor; ability to lift 50 pounds is required
· Familiarity with the use and safety of basic hand tools
· Perform general labor as assigned
· Setup and breakdown of tents, barricades, tables, chairs, event decking, etc
· Other duties as assigned
When you apply for this job online, you will be required to answer the following questions:
1. Do you have a valid Drivers License?
1. Do you have a valid Drivers License?
A Distribution Crew member will be responsible for distributing items pre-game and/or postgame and providing fans with general stadium information.
- Pass out items to fans entering, at halftime and exiting Avaya Stadium
- Provide basic stadium information to the general fan
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time.
- Work outdoors in varying weather conditions including extreme heat and cold.
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds.
- Must be able to work nights, weekends and holidays based on event schedule.
If you wish to be notified of opportunities as they arise, please press "apply" and make sure you check mark off boxes that say "notify me" on the application. Filling in this information now makes it easier for you to access your record later. You will not be considered an applicant to any position unless you apply for the position. Please make sure your email address is correct or we cannot guarantee notification. If you have already submitted information into this program, for updating your information, you can also press the “My Account-TeamWork Online” at the top of the page. Thank you.
Click here to view all other job opportunities on this board.