» Event Usher - San Jose Earthquakes (San Jose, CA)
» Future Consideration Notification/Update - MLS Teams (Various Locations, Various Locations)
Director, Sponsorship Sales
Vice President, Sales and Strategy
Job Description & Duties
· Oversee Sponsorship Sales full time staff, providing leadership and career development opportunities
· Develop best in class system to bring in new San Jose Earthquakes & Avaya Stadium Corporate Partners
· Achieve team revenue targets as set forth by Executive Team
· Assist VP, Sales and Strategy in developing go to market plan, rate card pricing, target prospect lists, and other sponsorship sales functions as directed
· Work in conjunction with the Director, Partnership Marketing team to manage the timely, accurate and thorough handoff of partnership agreements
· Perform proactive outbound sales calls with a focus on Founding Partners
· Create, present, and sell through customized partnership packages in line with client goals & objectives
· Look to maximize revenue to the organization through new partner acquisition
· Assist and participate when called upon for other department/organizational activities and events
· Participate in CRM and lead tracking activities as directed
· Participate in weekly meetings related to new inventory, proposals, and fulfillment
· Bachelor’s degree required, MBA preferred
· A minimum of five years working in sponsorship, fundraising, or related field
· Proven track record of high level, high revenue sales success
· Experience developing partnerships with technology companies highly desired
· Strategic thinker who has the ability to negotiate complex agreements
· Ambitious individual with high career aspirations within the sports industry
· Personable team-player who believes in the mission and values of the San Jose Earthquakes and Major League Soccer
Position: Events Usher
Each Usher will serve as a friendly, primary point of contact for San Jose Earthquakes fans. This role will be responsible for ensuring guests are entering the section associated with their ticket, assisting guests in finding their seats, communicating any issues with their supervisor, as well as providing all fans with a positive customer service experience.
· Provide positive, friendly and timely assistance to San Jose Earthquakes fans.
· Enthusiastic and friendly with a professional demeanor. Must be mature and accustomed to working in a diverse environment.
· Understand and display knowledge in regards to basic game day information (location of box office, lost and found, etc).
· Check tickets before patrons enter sections and direct fans to their seats.
· Act as a primary contact on game day for fans within your assigned section.
· Monitor the seating areas and aisles to ensure a positive viewing experience for all fans and to make sure fans are not using rows as aisles/walkways.
· Must be able to climb stairs and be able to sit/turn/bend/stand for long periods of time.
· Previous experience working in a customer service environment is preferred.
· High energy, detail-oriented and hard-working individual with an outgoing personality and comfortable working in large crowds and high pressure situations.
· Must be able to work majority of home games and other events including week nights, weekends and holidays.
· Must be comfortable and confident in conflict resolution.
· Must be 18 years or older.
If you wish to be notified of opportunities as they arise, please press "apply" and make sure you check mark off boxes that say "notify me" on the application. Filling in this information now makes it easier for you to access your record later. You will not be considered an applicant to any position unless you apply for the position. Please make sure your email address is correct or we cannot guarantee notification. If you have already submitted information into this program, for updating your information, you can also press the “My Account-TeamWork Online” at the top of the page. Thank you.
Click here to view all other job opportunities on this board.