» Future Consideration Notification/Update - MLS Teams (Various Locations, Various Locations)
D.C. United seeks a motivated, competitive, and career-driven individual to sell group ticket packages. This person will run an ambitious schedule of meetings/appointments with local group decision makers with a significant level of related phone work to support and follow up from this activity. This individual should be familiar with the group sales process, have a relationship focused personality and a proven track record of selling group tickets in the sports industry. A minimum 2 years of successful group sales experience is required.
- Reports daily to the Group Sales Manager
- Generating new group sales through cold calling, outside appointments and stadium tours.
- Prospecting new group sales opportunities through cold calling, referrals and networking events.
- Setting meetings with key decision makers of community and corporate groups.
- Developing professional relationships with current clients for group outing renewals and referral leads.
- Providing a high level of service to all accounts.
- Staffing ticket sales booths at outside functions including luncheons, business shows, conventions, etc.
- Must meet all predetermined activity and sales goals.
- Must have the ability to handle multiple projects.
- Assist with other group duties as assigned.
- Represents D.C. United in the most positive way on game days when interacting with clients and prospects at D.C. United sales tables or at their seats
- Additional responsibilities as assigned by the Group Sales Manager
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree.
- Minimum of 2 years of sales experience (ideally with a sports franchise) with a proven track record in a high volume sales environment.
- Relationship selling experience is a plus.
- Position requires excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
- Competitive nature and a contagious, positive attitude.
- Strong time management and organizational skills. Must be able to manage schedule to achieve daily and weekly goals for calls, appointments and sales.
- Exceptional work ethic, strong desire to succeed, eagerness to learn, professionalism and a passion for the sports industry.
- Willingness to work nights and weekends.
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team.
Click here to view all other job opportunities on this board.
Contact the TeamWorkOnline webmaster / FAQ