» Intern - Operations (Spring 2015) - D.C. United (Washington, DC)
» Future Consideration Notification/Update - MLS Teams (Various Locations, Various Locations)
D.C. United is looking to add a dynamic sales superstar to our group sales staff. The ideal candidate is motivated, competitive and driven to pursue a career in sales. The position will be focused on maximizing revenue with a focus on the affinity and non-traditional group market.
Target categories will include but are not limited to:
- Large membership groups
- International Groups
- Armed Forces & First Responder Community
- Tourism Groups
The ideal candidate will run an ambitious schedule of ten appointments per week with local group decision makers and execute a minimum of 300 outbound calls per week to support and follow up from this activity. The candidate should have a solid understanding of the group sales process with a relationship focused personality and a proven track record of selling group tickets in the sports industry. A minimum 2 years of successful group sales experience is required.
Core Responsibilities include:
- Generate new group sales through cold calling, outside appointments and stadium tours.
- Create, build and execute Group Night themes and group sales business plans
- Set meetings with key decision makers with a goal of developing a win-win situation for the organization and D.C. United
- Develop professional relationships with current clients for group outing renewals and referral leads.
- Providing a high level of service to all accounts.
- Generate new prospects by attending a minimum of two outside events per week (Ex. Networking events, conventions, etc)
- Conduct a minimum to 8 meetings per week and 300 outbound phone calls
- Represent D.C. United in the most positive way on game days when interacting with clients and prospects at D.C. United sales tables or at their seats
- Additional responsibilities as assigned by the Group Sales Manager
- Must meet all predetermined activity and sales goals.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in business administration, marketing or sport management
- Minimum of 2 years of sales experience
- Proven track record in a high volume sales environment.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
- Competitive nature and a contagious, positive attitude.
- Strong time management and organizational skills.
- Must be able to manage schedule to achieve daily and weekly goals for calls, appointments and sales.
- Exceptional work ethic, strong desire to succeed, eagerness to learn, professionalism and a passion for the sports industry.
- Willingness to work nights, weekends and holidays.
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team.
When you apply for this job online, you will be required to answer the following questions:
1. What prior experience do you have in group sales? 2. What are the three most important characteristics you believe make a great group salesperson?
1. What prior experience do you have in group sales?
2. What are the three most important characteristics you believe make a great group salesperson?
Interns will work closely with the Operations Director, Manager and Coordinator in the daily operation of the club. Specific tasks will include event management, set-up/breakdown for all D.C. United home matches, office maintenance projects, and other event operations responsibilities. Additional duties include assisting in the maintenance of company vehicles, facility upkeep, equipment storage and inventory, as well as helping with the management of the D.C United volunteer team made up of 90 volunteers. Interns will also assist with the credentialing process, occasional first team operational needs, and management of other interns and event staff.
Duties will include assisting with Guest Services event staff recruitment, scheduling, training, and deployment. Interns will be expected to aid in the planning, logistics, and execution of employee training programs. Interns will also be expected to assist with game day hospitality planning and other related tasks as assigned. Additionally, the interns can expect to complete various tasks related to the overall daily operation of the club, including event setup/breakdown and other logistical needs related to D.C. United events at RFK Stadium and other locations in the surrounding area.
- Candidates must be available to work flexible hours including evenings, weekends, and holidays.
- Applicants available to commit full time are preferred, but part time candidates will also be considered.
- Candidates should be very comfortable performing physical labor duties on a daily basis.
- Previous experience in event management is ideal and a strong leadership background is a plus.
- Candidates should be comfortable dealing with customers, possess a strong professional attitude, and be extremely detail oriented. Prior experience with customer service and people/event management is a plus.
Click here to view all other job opportunities on this board.
Contact the TeamWorkOnline webmaster / FAQ