» Intern - Equipment Manager (Summer 2015) - D.C. United (Washington, DC)
» Intern - Operations (Summer 2015) - D.C. United (Washington, DC)
» Future Consideration Notification/Update - MLS Teams (Various Locations, Various Locations)
United Soccer Club (USC) was created to introduce the sport of soccer to youth in inner–city and under served communities of the greater Washington, D.C. area. Our mission is achieved by sending high-level coaches into select communities to teach the joy of the game, basic soccer skills, character building traits, and a healthy life skills curriculum. Our program year consists of two 12-week seasons (Spring, Fall). Each season consists of 30-36 sessions and includes formal gamedays and an opportunity to possibly see D.C. United’s first team in action.
General Job Description:
As an assistant coach you will be responsible for arriving everyday at your designated site(s) 15 minutes prior to practice in proper coaching attire. Coaches assist the site coordinator in all aspects of running the site.
- Responsible for assisting in organizing and running practices that are both fun and educational
- Assist in creating daily practice plans including healthy lifestyle drills that are in line with the Soccer for Success topic of the week (not including game days).
- Responsible for all equipment, equipment to be distributed to the participants, and returned to RFK at the end of programming
- Assist in coordinating collection of registration with designated staff person at each site. Registrations are to be collected and returned to the offices at RFK.
- Assist in taking daily player attendance and reporting to the office at RFK when necessary
- Assist in administering Pre and Post- Tests (and other metrics when applicable).
We are seeking candidates that have experience working with urban youth from diverse backgrounds. Soccer coaching experience is a plus. All candidates must be detail-oriented, able to multi-task, and have strong communication skills. Must be18 years or older. Background check required.
Compensation: Determined based on experience
To apply: Please send your resume to Hannah Penman at firstname.lastname@example.org
DC United is seeking a highly motivated candidate to take on the role of Equipment Manager Intern for Summer 2015(Early May - August). The candidate will assist the Head and Assistant Equipment Manager with all team and technical staff equipment duties, as well as assisting with the Youth Academy equipment needs.
Primary responsibilities (First Team):
- Manage, inventory, and account for all team equipment usage
- Setup and breakdown of training equipment and field
- Distribution and laundering of all team training and game gear
- Packing of equipment for away games/travel
Secondary responsibilities (Youth Academy):
- Manage equipment and launder gear after games/training
- Setup equipment for training sessions
- Packing of equipment for away games/travel on longer trips
- College degree/in process in a related field preferred, but not required
- Prior experience in the field of equipment management, whether professional or at the collegiate level, preferred, but not required.
- Knowledge of soccer is preferred but not required.
- A candidate that is fluent in both English and Spanish is preferred but not required.
Compensation and Hours:
- This is an unpaid internship, however, the candidate may have the ability to be compensated on an hourly basis while assisting the team in other capacities.
- The candidate will need to be available to work nights and weekends
- There may be the possibility of travel to close/local games/practices
When you apply for this job online, you will be required to answer the following questions:
1. YES/NO I have transportation to/from RFK Stadium. 2. YES/NO I am available to work evenings and weekends. 3. YES/NO I speak conversational Spanish.
1. YES/NO I have transportation to/from RFK Stadium.
2. YES/NO I am available to work evenings and weekends.
3. YES/NO I speak conversational Spanish.
Interns will work closely with the Operations Director, Manager and Coordinator in the daily operation of the club. Specific tasks will include event management, set-up/breakdown for all D.C. United home matches, office maintenance projects, and other event operations responsibilities. Additional duties include assisting in the maintenance of company vehicles, facility upkeep, equipment storage and inventory, as well as helping with the management of the D.C United volunteer team made up of 90 volunteers. Interns will also assist with the credentialing process, occasional first team operational needs, and management of other interns and event staff.
Duties will include assisting with Guest Services event staff recruitment, scheduling, training, and deployment. Interns will be expected to aid in the planning, logistics, and execution of employee training programs. Interns will also be expected to assist with game day hospitality planning and other related tasks as assigned. Additionally, the interns can expect to complete various tasks related to the overall daily operation of the club, including event setup/breakdown and other logistical needs related to D.C. United events at RFK Stadium and other locations in the surrounding area.
- Candidates must be available to work flexible hours including evenings, weekends, and holidays.
- Applicants available to commit full time are preferred, but part time candidates will also be considered.
- Candidates should be very comfortable performing physical labor duties on a daily basis.
- Previous experience in event management is ideal and a strong leadership background is a plus.
- Candidates should be comfortable dealing with customers, possess a strong professional attitude, and be extremely detail oriented. Prior experience with customer service and people/event management is a plus.
Click here to view all other job opportunities on this board.
Contact the TeamWorkOnline webmaster / FAQ