» Guest Services Event Staff Supervisor - D.C. United (Washington, DC)
» Intern - Graphic Design (Spring 2015) - D.C. United (Washington, DC)
» Intern - Marketing (SPRING 2015) - D.C. United (Washington, DC)
» Intern - Video & Media (Spring 2015) - D.C. United (Washington, DC)
» Future Consideration Notification/Update - MLS Teams (Various Locations, Various Locations)
· Work for D.C. United for the 2015 Major League Soccer season.
· Hours available on game days ONLY.
· Part-time, seasonal position that pays $9.50 per hour for all new employees.
· Season runs from March through November.
· Average games per month – 2 to 3.
· Average hours per shift – 4 to 6 (10 to 15 hours per month).
· Must be available to attend mandatory, paid training sessions.
· Positions include ticket takers, ushers, and Guest Services attendants.
· Responsible for greeting guests, scanning tickets, and assisting guests throughout the stadium.
· Check guest tickets and provide directions to various locations within the stadium.
· Monitor crowd behavior and ensure that ticketed guests find their seats.
· Make sure RFK Stadium looks its best for our guests.
· Make sure that all guests receive appropriate assistance.
· Provide our guests with a great entertainment experience in an environment that is friendly and safe.
· Provide excellent customer service that exceeds expectations.
· Professionalism, integrity, and dependability.
· Willingness to go above and beyond what is asked.
· Needs to be able to work well with others and function in a team atmosphere.
· Must be customer-focused, proactive, and able to problem solve.
· Must be able to work all soccer events at RFK Stadium – weekends and evenings included.
· Must be able to walk long distances, climb stairs/ramps, and stand for extended periods of time.
· Must have excellent customer service and communication skills.
· Must be comfortable with working in extreme weather conditions – this includes heat, cold, rain, and snow.
· Housing in the Washington, D.C. metropolitan area is highly recommended.
· Reliable transportation to RFK Stadium is required.
· Knowledge of soccer is a plus, but not required.
D.C. United, winners of thirteen domestic and international titles, is the most successful professional soccer club in U.S. history. D.C. United exemplifies professionalism, and is dedicated to setting the standard for team and business affairs for American soccer.
The individual in this role will be responsible for supervising a team of game day event staff dedicated to greeting guests, assisting them with questions, and monitoring crowd behavior. The event staff supervisor will ensure that each guest enjoys the game without disruption from others. D.C. United event staff will work hard to ensure that each employee is working their hardest to maintain the highest standards of customer service. Our Guest Services staff strive to provide our fans with the highest quality soccer and entertainment experience in safe, friendly, and enjoyable environment.
D.C. United is searching for a Guest Services Event Staff supervisor for the 2015 season (February through December). This invididual will be responsible for supervising a staff of ushers and/or ticket takers. Duties include checking in staff, preparing them for each event, and ensuring that they are carrying out their job responsibilities to the best of their ability. Must have excellent customer service, communication, and event management skills. Must also have supervisory experience and the ability to manage a small team. Previous event and management experience is required, preferably in sports. Knowledge of D.C. United and/or RFK Stadium is a plus. Must be able to walk long distances, climb stairs/ramps, and stand for extended periods of time. Alternative means can be used to complete these duties.
- Must be able to work all soccer events at RFK Stadium, including all D.C. United home games.
- Must have previous experience managing people.
- Must have previous experience dealing directly with customers.
- Must be able to work in extreme weather conditions.
- Must have excellent customer service and communication skills.
- Housing in the Washington, D.C. metropolitan area is highly recommended.
This is a PART-TIME/SEASONAL position with work hours based solely on our event schedule. You must have evening and weekend availability.
When you apply for this job online, you will be required to answer the following questions:
1. Do you have housing in the Washington, D.C. area? 2. Are you available to work all D.C. United events? 3. Do you have experience managing event staff?
1. Do you have housing in the Washington, D.C. area?
2. Are you available to work all D.C. United events?
3. Do you have experience managing event staff?
D.C. United seeks an enthusiastic Graphic Design Intern. The Graphic Design Intern will assist in all creative projects spanning from print to digital advertising, Marketing collateral and other club needs. The Graphic Design intern will be a core member of the United design team. Candidate should have interest and experience in designing for print and interactive media, preferably for a sports team. The Graphic Design Intern must be able to design within the constraints of the brand identity and maintain consistency of design across each medium.
Goals: This isn’t a fetch coffee, make copies type of internship. Your designs will be used in real D.C. United Marketing and digital materials and you’ll be expected to contribute and participate like a full-time member of our team. We want you to get the most out of your time with the Black-and-Red!
· Work closely with Graphic Designer & Advertising/Production Manager to ensure projects are completed within deadline and reflect D.C. United brand standards
· Use exceptional design skills to create original, innovative concepts and designs that appropriately reflect D.C. United branding and applications
· Understand and apply new technologies that encourage innovation
· Work with various internal departments to meet design needs and goals
· Must be enrolled in a college/university for the duration of the internship
· Must provide samples of work related to skills
· Proficient with Adobe Creative Suite
· Solid understanding of layout, typography, hierarchy, color theory, patterns and other design principles
· Demonstrates brand/visual elements across multiple mediums in web, print, interactive, and social media assets. Photography/photo editing skills a plus
· Ability to meet deadlines and work in a fast-paced environment
· Must have access to personal laptop with current Creative Suite & Microsoft Office
Evaluation: A full evaluation of your work will be provided at the end of your internship term. When applicable, references will also be available upon request.
We are looking for students who are interested in gaining experience in grassroots marketing, event management, game day operations and day-to-day business operations. Students who are available at least 30 hours/week for 3-4 months are preferred. D.C. United accepts a limited number of interns to ensure that interns gain valuable work experience.
The primary responsibility is to provide weekday and game day assistance to the Marketing Department. Interns will be expected to assist with the following:
- Lead-generation on game days and at grassroots events
- Company vehicle maintenance
- Collateral and premium item inventory
- Mascot program
- Lot 8 tailgate
- Game-specific ticket promotions
- Game day operations responsibilities, which includes working all weekend and weeknight games. Game day duties may include working on promotions, customer service, stadium set-up and teardown
- Some responsibilities will include clerical work such as filing, data entry, copying and correspondence.
In addition to performance of the essential functions, this position may be required to assist other departments with various projects. Interaction with other departments is highly encouraged as we aim to provide the most comprehensive learning experience for interns.
Specific Job Knowledge, Skill and Ability
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities in addition to be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.
- Ability to read, listen and communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing
- Computer savvy with ability to work effectively in all Microsoft applications
- Goal-oriented, ambitious, honest individuals sought with strong work ethic, dedication and desire to learn
D.C. United is seeking an individual to assist with all aspects of the club’s video and multimedia production.
Candidates must possess technical knowledge and skill in the following:
- Operating and handling DV & HD camera equipment
- Final Cut Pro, Avid Express or other non-linear editing program
- MAC & FTP savvy
- Owning HD camera gear a plus
- Knowledge of Video Compression, After Effects, Motion Graphics a plus
- Knowledge of Major League Soccer a plus
The internship places large responsibility upon the individual, allowing him or her to handle numerous aspects of the club’s behind-the-scenes video pieces about the team. Under the direction of the Communications Department, the individual will also have a hand in generating and executing ideas.
The individual will also have the opportunity to shoot games from the sideline, interview players in the locker room and cover players outside of their soccer lives. The internship then allows the individual the opportunity to gain valuable experience in editing software including Final Cut Pro, After Effects, Live Type, Motion, DVD Studio Pro and Soundtrack/Sonicfire Pro.
The ideal candidate should be a self-starter, an independent worker, trustworthy and organized with strong communication skills. Candidates should also have a full time commitment on days available and a flexible schedule. This position requires work on evenings and weekends based on the teams schedule.
For more information on the internship or to apply, please contact Lee Burrows at firstname.lastname@example.org
Click here to view all other job opportunities on this board.
Contact the TeamWorkOnline webmaster / FAQ