» Operations Manager - The PrivateBank Fire Pitch (Chicago, IL)
» Season Ticket Service Representative - Chicago Fire Soccer Club (Bridgeview, IL)
» Street Team Member - Chicago Fire Soccer Club (Chicago, IL)
» Future Consideration Notification/Update - MLS Teams (Various Locations, Various Locations)
The Information Technology assistant will report directly to the Information Technology Manager. This position is responsible for assisting with the daily upkeep of the Chicago Fire/Toyota Park data and telecom networks with a specific focus on providing support to the venue on event days. The Information Technology Intern will also be charged with setting up and maintaining computer hardware and software. Listed below are the responsibilities and qualifications expected of this position.
Assist in setting up telecom and data connections for Chicago Fire
Assist with troubleshooting server, network, desktop hardware, printer and software issues
Assist with event execution; responsibilities include but are not limited to:
Pre-event set-up (technology needs, broadcast and internet connections, etc.
Post-event tear-down and cleanup
Assist with technology needs and issues during the event
Assist with setting up workstation and telecom needs for all employees
Assist with the completion of projects supporting the execution plan of the IT Department
Implement facility rules, regulations, policies, and procedures
Handle additional administrative duties related to the IT Department as assigned by the IT Manager to include such items as research and development of new IT initiatives
Other duties as assigned
Must be well organized and demonstrate an ability to manage multiple projects with minimal supervision; must possess strong written and verbal communication skills and the ability to effectively work with a large and diverse population.
Fluency in a second language is preferred.
Must be able to operate under extreme deadlines.
Must be able to work 25 - 30 hours per week.
Must be willing to work long hours, irregular schedules and weekends.
Must work all home Chicago Fire games
Must have knowledge of computer applications including Microsoft Windows OS and office
Knowledge of MAC OS and server platforms is a plus
May be asked occasionally to travel to remote Chicago office
The Chicago Fire Soccer Club is seeking an Operations Manager for The PrivateBank Fire Pitch, Chicago’s premier indoor/outdoor turf field facility located at 3626 N Talman Ave, Chicago, IL. The Operations Manager reports directly to the facility’s General Manager, and he/she will assist with the planning and execution of all aspects of The PrivateBank Fire Pitch’s operational plan. Successful candidates will place an emphasis on delivering exceptional customer experiences, presenting and maintaining a world class facility, and appropriately safeguarding against risks.
Employment requirements consist of evenings, weekends, holidays and other non-traditional hours. Availability on-call rotation is a requirement.
- Support the General Manager in carrying out the day-to-day operational activities of the facility
- Serve as Manager on Duty when the General Manager is not on-site at the facility
- Liaise with suppliers, vendors and contracted services in the areas of janitorial, mechanical/electrical, landscaping, and snow removal
- Oversee turf maintenance and repair programs. Specific duties include field grooming and line painting.
- Ensure the safety and cleanliness of the facility are maintained at all times
- Assist with the hiring and management of hourly staff and interns
- Answer all customer inquiries promptly, courteously and professionally
- Represent the Chicago Fire brand on a daily basis
- Perform other related duties as assigned
- Soccer experience strongly preferred
- Considerable knowledge and expertise related to the duties listed above, normally acquired through a degree in Sport Management, Business, Recreation & Leisure or related field. Candidates with an equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
- 3-4 years experience working within a similar or related field
- Must be detail oriented and display a strong work ethic
- Excellent communication, organizational, and time management skills
- Proficiency with computer applications including Windows, Excel, Word and Outlook.
Season Ticket Service Representatives are responsible for relationship management and sales amongst the Season Ticket Holder base and implementing the Chicago Fire Soccer Club’s “CHAMPS” Fan Experience.
• Increase retention rates - actively work toward hitting department and individual renewal/sales goals
• Build strong relationships with defined account portfolio through proactive communication, including seat/suite visits, phone calls, emails, dinners, events and other communication channels, as part of the Season Ticket Holder touchpoint plan.
• Drive add-on season ticket sales, seat upgrades and referral sales from defined account portfolio
• Focus on an exceptional Fan Experience on match day and work closely with Marketing and Operations to ensure consistent approach between “match day program” and one-on-one interactions with fans
• Maintain up to date knowledge and effectively and enthusiastically communicate all team happenings, events, member benefits and stadium details that are relevant to defined account portfolio
• Ensure customer and account data and profile requirements are accurate and complete
• Acquire knowledge and understanding of products we offer and learn to ask targeted questions to better understand the Fire fan base in order to offer the best benefits possible
• Additional responsibilities as assigned by the Senior Manager of Ticket Sales & Services
• Bachelor’s degree required
• Sales background
• At least two years experience of client relationship management or comparable experience
• Excellent interpersonal, communication, customer services and organization skills
• Willingness to learn and take feedback in a fast paced, performance driven environment
• Ability to work flexible hours, including but not limited to evenings, weekends and holidays
• Strong computer proficiency
Please submit your cover letter (including salary requirements/history) and resume online for consideration. No calls please.
When you apply for this job online, you will be required to answer the following questions:
1. Do you have a bachelor's degree? Yes/No 2. Do you have a strong sales background? Yes/No 3. What is your passion for soccer?
1. Do you have a bachelor's degree? Yes/No
2. Do you have a strong sales background? Yes/No
3. What is your passion for soccer?
The Chicago Fire is seeking energetic, outgoing, and soccer-passionate individuals to represent the club at home game and events throughout the Chicagoland community. These candidates will be an integral part of all grassroots marketing efforts via brand building and driving ticket sales throughout the Chicagoland area. This part-time, paid promotional position aims to provide those seeking future sports employment with excellent resume-building grassroots marketing and events experience with a professional team.
RESPONSIBILITIES (include, but not limited to):
- Represent the Chicago Fire at soccer and non-soccer related events such as youth soccer tournaments, festivals, picnics and community events throughout the Chicagoland area year round
- Raise brand awareness and sell tickets at grassroots events
- Serve as an knowledgeable source on club news and happenings in the community
- Set up and transport various interactive elements of the Chicago Fire (truck, inflatables, prize wheel, tables, tents, etc.) for area events and Chicago Fire home games
- Execute in-game data capture and event execution at all Chicago Fire home games
- Execute all activations and promotions on gameday including our 2-hour pregame festival (“Fire Fest”), pre-game, and halftime (e.g., t-shirt toss, recruiting fans for promotions, mascot escort)
- Represent the Chicago Fire and its respective partners/sponsors with enthusiasm, energy, pride, passion and professionalism
- Bilingual capabilites - Spanish HIGHLY preffered
- Currently pursuing or already completed a bachelor’s degree, preferably in Marketing, Sports Management or related field
- Ability to work a minimum of 20-30 hours monthly during peak season (May-Oct.) which may include evenings, weekends and holidays as needed
- Candidates must live in the Chicagoland area
- Regular access to a car, a clean driving record, proof of auto insurance and a valid driver’s license
- Outstanding communication skills and a positive, energetic personality
- Ability to respond to any situation quickly and professionally
- Comfort with public interactions and sharing knowledge of the Chicago Fire
- Ability to communicate with internal and external staff in addition to clients in a respectable, professional and enthusiastic manner
- Ability to lift at least 30 lbs
- Knowledge of the Chicago Fire, Major League Soccer, global soccer and the Chicagoland area
When you apply for this job online, you will be required to answer the following questions:
1. Are you bilingual? If yes, please list language(s). 2. Do you have a flexible schedule with the ability to work a mix of weekdays, weekends, and holidays? 3. What experience do you have that uniquely qualifies you for this role? 4. Do you have regular access to a car, a clean driving record, proof of auto insurance and a valid driver’s license? 5. Are you able to lift at least 30 pounds?
1. Are you bilingual? If yes, please list language(s).
2. Do you have a flexible schedule with the ability to work a mix of weekdays, weekends, and holidays?
3. What experience do you have that uniquely qualifies you for this role?
4. Do you have regular access to a car, a clean driving record, proof of auto insurance and a valid driver’s license?
5. Are you able to lift at least 30 pounds?
Click here to view all other job opportunities on this board.
Contact the TeamWorkOnline webmaster / FAQ