» Senior Director, Communications - Columbus Crew (Columbus, OH)
» Future Consideration Notification/Update - MLS Teams (Various Locations, Various Locations)
The Columbus Crew is currently recruiting an intern for our Merchandise and Retail Department. This internship will work closely with the Merchandise Manager and Merchandise Coordinator in all areas of the Merchandise Department. Applicants should have strong time management skills and the ability to multi-task. This position will be based within the Merchandise Department, but will also interact with all other departments within the organization.
Reports To: Merchandise Manager
· Assist with inventory management and planning of Crew branded merchandise
· Assist with all pre-event and event operations within the department
· Learn and execute the match-day set up of merchandise selling locations
· Expereince all aspects of managing the Crew Gear store incliding customer service, display of product and inventory management
· Learn the POS register/inventory system to be able to troubleshoot issues and assist with maintaining product database
· Assist with development and execution of marketing plan for merchandise department
· Assist with fulfillment of Crew Youth Development Program uniform orders
· Develop clerical skills including data entry, copying, filing and reporting
· Currently enrolled in an accredited college or university
· Proactive and able to work independently
· Strong customer service skills, detailed oriented and outgoing personality
· Able to multi-task and prioritize
· Computer skills with proficiency using MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook)
· Flexible and adaptable to various environments and situations
· Strong written and verbal communication skills
· Merchandising or retail experience a plus but not required
· Flexible schedule with ability to work all Crew home matches and other Crew Stadium events
· Ability to work 15-20 hours a week in the office
This is an unpaid internship that can be used to earn college credit through this exciting opportunity.
The Columbus Crew is seeking a proven professional to lead the club’s communications, digital and broadcasting department. The Senior Director of Communications, Digital & Broadcasting will report to the Senior Vice President and Chief Marketing Officer, and be responsible for the day-to-day operations of the corporate communications, player related media duties, digital properties and broadcasting functions as they support all areas of the enterprise, including the team and business operations, Crew Youth division, the Crew Soccer Foundation and Crew Stadium. This individual will work as a strategic partner with all executive staff members to effectively position and promote the Crew organization in the community.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Manage the day-to-day operations of the Communications and Digital departments that include a communications manager, digital content coordinator, digital content producer/team insider and video content producer.
- Create the strategic vision for the department. Develop and implement integrated marketing communications and digital strategies to effectively communicate the brand, build awareness for the enterprise, elevate the top-of-mind perception of the Crew within the region and increase the traffic and commercial value of the Crew’s digital properties.
- Develop a high level of trust with technical staff and players in managing day-to-day team media relations duties.
- Work closely with broadcast media partners, TV and radio producers/directors and on-air talent to produce exemplary regional television and radio broadcasts, in concert with MLS broadcasting department.
- Hire and work with on-air talent to drive compelling content for the broadcasts and other internal and external digital media outlets.
- Build and maintain positive relationships with Crew beat reporters, local and regional assignment editors and producers, media company management, trade industry media representatives, and non-sports media (business, entertainment, lifestyle, human interest, etc).
- Proactively communicate with media day-to-day regarding team availabilities and coverage opportunities, including training, pre-game and game storylines, community relations events, etc.
- Serve as primary contact for corporate communications, trade, business and consumer media queries.
- In conjunction with outside public relations support, develop and research ideas and storylines for pitches to media about the team, players, club, youth development program, Crew Soccer Foundation and stadium.
- Create media interest and coverage for non-soccer related Crew stories and activities (i.e. community service, marketing and sponsorship initiatives)
- Oversee the editorial content and production of all digital and social platforms, as well as team produced publications – annual media guide, game program editorial content, and other team publications.
- Produce other written materials, including press releases, game notes, statistical analysis, etc.
- Assist in creating and editing content for online platforms, including TheCrew.com, Twitter and Facebook.
- Assist executive team and outside counsel with government-related affairs.
- Serve as a company spokesperson as needed.
- Manage the preparation and release of information/announcement in accordance with established policies and procedures.
- Prepare and manage department’s operating budgets and business plans.
- Oversee press box operations on match day.
- Travel to a portion of road games and league meetings/events as required.
The ideal candidate should have at least five years of experience in communications, public relations, media relations and/or publicity for a major consumer, lifestyle, entertainment and/or sports company, agency or firm. Demonstrated experience and expertise in digital and social content management, as well as a strong understanding of game broadcasts, is required. Additional qualifications include:
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in communications, public relations, journalism or marketing.
- Excellent interpersonal and written/verbal communication skills. Professional, trustworthy, creative, aggressive and proactive work ethic. Strategic thinker with strong analytical and crisis assessment skills.
- Experience developing and executing public relations and digital content tactics and programs to support organizational objectives.
- Proven track record of building strong partnerships with local, regional and national media representatives.
- Experience in juggling multiple projects simultaneously, and ability to meet and perform under tight deadlines.
- Strong leadership skills, ability to think clearly under pressure and highly developed interpersonal skills to participate in a cross functional team. Ability to multi-task and work well with people in a fast-paced, team environment.
- Experience drafting key talking/message points on sensitive topics for top level executives.
- Willingness to work flexible hours, including but not limited to, evenings, weekends, holidays and travel to road games/meetings.
- Strong computer skills (proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite, including PhotoShop and InDesign, highly desirable).
- Strong understanding of the game of soccer preferred and knowledge of MLS preferred.
- Fluency in Spanish preferred, but not required.
Click here to view all other job opportunities on this board.
Contact the TeamWorkOnline webmaster / FAQ