Current available jobs that best match columbus:
» Database Marketing Internship - Columbus Crew (Columbus, OH)
» First Impressions Coordinator - Columbus Crew (Columbus, OH)
» Youth Development Department Intern - Columbus Crew (Columbus, OH)
» Future Consideration Notification/Update - MLS Teams (Various Locations)
Reports to: Communications Manager
POSITION PURPOSE AND OBJECTIVES
• The Columbus Crew is seeking a Communications Intern to support the Crew’s Communications Department with its daily media relations and ditigal content duties. The Crew is a charter member of Major League Soccer, and has won one MLS Cup, three Supporters’ Shields and the Lamar Hunt U.S. Open Cup, making the club one of the most prestigious professional soccer franchises in North America. The Communications Intern plays a role in all departmental activities, including: day-to-day media relations, player communications, match day press functions and content development for all digital platforms. This position has frequent interaction with the Crew’s management and players, along with team staff from other MLS clubs, and as a result professionalism and attention to detail are critical attributes for this role.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Assist Communications Department with match day media relations responsibilities, including press box management, media credentialing, digital content and post-game quotes
• Create multiple pieces of written content, such as press releases, media advisories, game notes and articles for TheCrew.com (opportunity for published byline) • Assist with media and internal content needs at team training sessions
• Aggregate and assist with layout of club’s annual media guide
• Maintain club’s current media distribution list, and assist in developing segmented lists, along with research of new potential media outlets and blogs to foster relationships
• Archive and track ongoing media coverage by putting together daily media clips packs
• Other duties and projects as assigned
• Excellent writing abilities
• Strong understanding of digital and social media platforms
• Maintain highest level of professionalism within a pro team environment and in media work zones
• High attention to detail and organization
• Possess an outgoing, engaging and professional personality
• Applicant must have reliable transportation and local housing
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
• Undergraduate (junior or senior) or Graduate Student with an emphasis in journalism, communications or related field
• Knowledge of global soccer, the Crew and Major League Soccer is preferred
• Must be detail-oriented
• Flexible schedule including nights, weekends and holidays is required
• Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
• Knowledge of Adobe products (InDesign, Photoshop) a plus
• This is an unpaid internship but curriculum credit may be offered
The Columbus Crew is seeking qualified candidates to fill the position of Database Marketing Intern. This position will be supervised by the Database Marketing Manager and will provide support to both the sales and marketing departments.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Support the sales department with lead generation and tracking
• Assist with email marketing efforts throughout the organization including; weekly email marketing performance reports, audience analysis and other ad-hoc reports as needed.
• Create reports to support sales and marketing and other departments when necessary.
• Support the market research efforts of the organization including; survey creation, analysis and presentation of findings
• Daily support in the areas of email marketing, database marketing, database management, market research, website analytics and sales analytics.
• Provide general support with other sales and marketing initiatives as needed
Qualifications and Requirements
• College junior, senior or graduate student receiving college credit
• Proficient in Microsoft Excel is a MUST
• Understanding of direct marketing and sales including direct mail, outbound telemarketing and e-mail marketing.
• Strong analytic, quantitative and data interpretation skills.
• Familiarity with HTML is preferred.
• Detail oriented, organized and reliable
• Enthusiastic about working within a sports-related environment
• Highly driven, motivated and someone who takes initiative
Serve as the front office First Impression Coordinator by answering incoming calls and assist the sales and client services staff in a variety of duties, including: coordinating sales mailings; writing and developing correspondences with Season Ticket Holders, supporting client services and group program event planning and execution; supporting sales prospecting events. Also assist the merchandising department with product inventory when needed.
Qualified candidate must be a team player.
• Bachelor’s Degree with up to 1 year of related experience
Skill Sets/Competencies Required
• Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
• Strong work ethic and organizational skills
• Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
• Previous customer service experience, with a strong attention to detail
• Previous event coordination experience preferred
• Friendly, outgoing personality
• Willingness to work game day/nights
• Computer skills – Microsoft, Archtics, Photoshop
• Bi-lingual in Spanish a plus
• Appreciation for soccer
The Columbus Crew is currently recruiting an intern in our Youth Development Department. This intern will mainly focus on helping our youth development programs and pyramid including our Crew Soccer Academy, Crew Juniors and Crew Camp programming. Applicant should have strong time management skills as well as the ability to multi-task. This position will work within the Youth Development Department, but will also interact with all other departments within the organization
Assist in all areas of the Youth Development Department
Assist in preparation, marketing and execution of Youth Programming
Some clerical work including filing, data entry and copying
Working knowledge of Microsoft office suite
Working home matches and other events at Crew Stadium
Candidate should be customer service orientated, well-organized, enthusiastic, focused, creative, goal orientated and committed to the growth and success of the Crew. Candidates must have a high degree of professionalism when interacting with internal and external audiences. It is also vital to possess an outgoing personality with excellent communication and organizational skills. Must have some knowledge and experience in soccer. College students; can earn college credit for this opportunity. The ideal candidate will be able to spend 15 - 20 hours a week in the office, have flexible nights and weekends, and willing to commit to 6-9 months of internship.
If you have already submitted information into this program, for updating your information, you can also press the EDIT YOUR INFORMATION text at the top of the page. Thank you.
Click here to view all other job opportunities on this board.
Contact the TeamWorkOnline webmaster / FAQ