» Sales Training & Job Forum (11.10.2014) - Columbus Crew (Columbus, OH)
» Senior Director, Communications - Columbus Crew (Columbus, OH)
» Future Consideration Notification/Update - MLS Teams (Various Locations, Various Locations)
POSITION TITLE: Group Sales Account Executive
DEPARTMENT: Group Sales
REPORTS TO: Manager of Group Sales, Director of Sales
JOB DESCRIPTION / REQUIREMENTS:
• Prospect and sell new sales opportunities through the sale of group tickets for the Columbus Crew.
• Manage existing clients and seek new opportunities to upsell and grow current program.
• Aggressively build new relationships through research and cold calling, prospects within the youth soccer space, coporate communities and affinity associations.
• Involvement in game day activities, promotions for the Columbus Crew and outside functions including luncheons, business shows, conventions, etc.
• Must meet all predetermined activity and sales goals.
• Assist with creative concepts for new group sales programs adn theme nights.
• Develop professional relationships with current clients for referral leads.
• Assist with other group duties, as assigned.
• Maintain high level of sales performance and customer service.
• Sales and cold-calling experience a plus
• Bachelors degree required
• Self starter, career oriented professional
• Passion for sales and creativity
• Strong work ethic and a desire to build a career in professional sports
• Proven written and presentation skills
• Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint. Archtics ticketing system expereince a plus.
• Ability to work nights, weekends and Holidays
When you apply for this job online, you will be required to answer the following questions:
1. Do you have at least 1 year of sales experience in a professional sports setting?
1. Do you have at least 1 year of sales experience in a professional sports setting?
Want an opportunity to work in the world’s sport, with Major League Soccer’s first team?
The Columbus Crew’s Sales Training & Job Forum offers you a chance to learn high-level ticket sales techniques, as well as showcase your abilities in an innovative training and interview experience. The Forum is a great way to start or advance your career in sports.
Crew sales and marketing executives will lead the sales training forum, where participants will have the opportunity to learn the top sales techniques from current professionals and learn how to showcase your individual talents. Participants will leave with a more in-depth knowledge of what it takes to be successful in professional sports and potentially a job offer.
The Sales Training and Job Forum will take place on Monday November 10, 2014 from 3pm to 7pm and is free of charge. Don’t miss this opportunity to receive first-class training with a chance to earn a ticket sales position with the Columbus Crew.
Over the last 5 Sales Training Forums 22 attendees have earned a job, at the Forum, with the Columbus Crew’s Outside Sales team. Are you next?
An application does not guarantee a spot in the training. Space is limited - so apply quickly!
What to expect:
- Premier training from Crew Front Office Executives
- Consideration for a position with the Columbus Crew Outside Sales
- No participant fees
Columbus Crew Outside Sales career advancement includes:
- Season Ticket Sales Manager, Columbus Crew
- Season Ticket Account Executive, Columbus Crew
- Group Sales Account Executive, Columbus Crew
- Client Services Coordinator, Columbus Crew
- Corporate Partnership Sales, Columbus Crew
- Director of Ticket Sales, Seattle Reign (NWSL)
- Account Executive, Arizona Cardinals (NFL)
- Account Executive, Cincinnati Bengals (NFL)
- Account Executive, Chicago Fire (MLS)
- Account Executive, Orlando City SC (MLS)
- Account Executive, New York Cosmos (NASL)
- Account Executive, Ohio Machine (MLL)
- Season Ticket Service Coordinator, Columbus Blue Jackets (NHL)
- Group Sales Coordinator, Roger Dean Stadium (MiLB)
- Customer Service Specialist, Cal Athletics (NCAA)
The Columbus Crew is seeking a proven professional to lead the club’s communications, digital and broadcasting department. The Senior Director of Communications, Digital & Broadcasting will report to the Senior Vice President and Chief Marketing Officer, and be responsible for the day-to-day operations of the corporate communications, player related media duties, digital properties and broadcasting functions as they support all areas of the enterprise, including the team and business operations, Crew Youth division, the Crew Soccer Foundation and Crew Stadium. This individual will work as a strategic partner with all executive staff members to effectively position and promote the Crew organization in the community.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Manage the day-to-day operations of the Communications and Digital departments that include a communications manager, digital content coordinator, digital content producer/team insider and video content producer.
- Create the strategic vision for the department. Develop and implement integrated marketing communications and digital strategies to effectively communicate the brand, build awareness for the enterprise, elevate the top-of-mind perception of the Crew within the region and increase the traffic and commercial value of the Crew’s digital properties.
- Develop a high level of trust with technical staff and players in managing day-to-day team media relations duties.
- Work closely with broadcast media partners, TV and radio producers/directors and on-air talent to produce exemplary regional television and radio broadcasts, in concert with MLS broadcasting department.
- Hire and work with on-air talent to drive compelling content for the broadcasts and other internal and external digital media outlets.
- Build and maintain positive relationships with Crew beat reporters, local and regional assignment editors and producers, media company management, trade industry media representatives, and non-sports media (business, entertainment, lifestyle, human interest, etc).
- Proactively communicate with media day-to-day regarding team availabilities and coverage opportunities, including training, pre-game and game storylines, community relations events, etc.
- Serve as primary contact for corporate communications, trade, business and consumer media queries.
- In conjunction with outside public relations support, develop and research ideas and storylines for pitches to media about the team, players, club, youth development program, Crew Soccer Foundation and stadium.
- Create media interest and coverage for non-soccer related Crew stories and activities (i.e. community service, marketing and sponsorship initiatives)
- Oversee the editorial content and production of all digital and social platforms, as well as team produced publications – annual media guide, game program editorial content, and other team publications.
- Produce other written materials, including press releases, game notes, statistical analysis, etc.
- Assist in creating and editing content for online platforms, including TheCrew.com, Twitter and Facebook.
- Assist executive team and outside counsel with government-related affairs.
- Serve as a company spokesperson as needed.
- Manage the preparation and release of information/announcement in accordance with established policies and procedures.
- Prepare and manage department’s operating budgets and business plans.
- Oversee press box operations on match day.
- Travel to a portion of road games and league meetings/events as required.
The ideal candidate should have at least five years of experience in communications, public relations, media relations and/or publicity for a major consumer, lifestyle, entertainment and/or sports company, agency or firm. Demonstrated experience and expertise in digital and social content management, as well as a strong understanding of game broadcasts, is required. Additional qualifications include:
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in communications, public relations, journalism or marketing.
- Excellent interpersonal and written/verbal communication skills. Professional, trustworthy, creative, aggressive and proactive work ethic. Strategic thinker with strong analytical and crisis assessment skills.
- Experience developing and executing public relations and digital content tactics and programs to support organizational objectives.
- Proven track record of building strong partnerships with local, regional and national media representatives.
- Experience in juggling multiple projects simultaneously, and ability to meet and perform under tight deadlines.
- Strong leadership skills, ability to think clearly under pressure and highly developed interpersonal skills to participate in a cross functional team. Ability to multi-task and work well with people in a fast-paced, team environment.
- Experience drafting key talking/message points on sensitive topics for top level executives.
- Willingness to work flexible hours, including but not limited to, evenings, weekends, holidays and travel to road games/meetings.
- Strong computer skills (proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite, including PhotoShop and InDesign, highly desirable).
- Strong understanding of the game of soccer preferred and knowledge of MLS preferred.
- Fluency in Spanish preferred, but not required.
Click here to view all other job opportunities on this board.
Contact the TeamWorkOnline webmaster / FAQ