Current available jobs that best match columbus:
» Future Consideration Notification/Update - MLS Teams (Various Locations, Various Locations)
REPORTS TO: Communications Manager and works closely with the Digital Content Coordinator, Digital Video Producer, Senior Director of Communications and Senior Vice President of Sales and Marketing.
• The Columbus Crew is seeking a Digital Content Producer to join the club’s Communications Department to serve as the organization’s primary content producer and to serve as a Team Insider for all club platforms. This position reports to the Crew’s Communications Manager, and plays a role in all departmental activities, including: day-to-day content creation, assisting in editorial oversight of the club’s digital platforms, delivering content and increasing audiences on multiple platforms including the website, social media, photography, video and more. This person will draft, edit and post original content to the website while maintaining the tone of the organization. This person will become the Team Insider for news about the Columbus Crew, covering the team beat on a day-to-day basis. The Crew is a charter member of Major League Soccer, and has won one MLS Cup, three Supporters’ Shields and the Lamar Hunt U.S. Open Cup, making the club one of the most prestigious professional soccer franchises in North America.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Digital Content Development:
• Draft, edit and post original content in both written and video formats to TheCrew.com
• Ability to copyedit in a fast-paced professional sports environment and assist with the team’s content management system, ensuring quality assurance
• Cover the day-to-day team beat, interviewing players, coaches and front office executives regularly
• Regular byline on an official Major League Soccer platform
• Contribute to the creation of multimedia content – photo galleries, podcasts, video interviews, etc.
• Ability to conduct on-camera interviews, along with the ability to contribute as a host, co-host or reporter for weekly offline and online shows and features
• Manage Team Insider-specific social media platforms – including Twitter and Instagram accounts – while always maintaining the club’s tone and style
• Contribute to the club’s social media strategies, presence and growth
• Create headlines, teasers and summaries that entice readers and drive traffic
• Work with other departments to develop new pages and content initiatives, ensuring up-to-date maintenance of TheCrew.com and other official team platforms alongside the Digital Content Coordinator
• Ability to brainstorm, develop and deliver impactful pieces of content to help reach the department’s overall annual content goals across all platforms
• Responsible for photography (including social media) at various events while covering the events and matches
• Contribute to match day publications, and potentially pre and post-match shows on radio and TV
• Post press releases, MLS-provided content and more to TheCrew.com
• Assist with core team PR-related collaterals as needed, including the creation of club press releases, player bios, etc.
• Manage the Crew’s photo archiving
Match Day Responsibilities:
• Ensure implementation of up-to-the-minute maintenance of digital platforms during all club contests (home and away)
• Update website and social media platforms based on team news and updates
• Ability to write time-sensitive articles, blog posts, social media alerts and more
• Create headlines, teasers and summaries that entice readers during matches
• Other duties and projects as assigned
• Bachelor’s Degree required
• 1-3 years experience in digital content production or sports reporting
• Utmost level of professionalism around confidential information, as well as players, coaches and team executives, and ability to develop trust and strong relationships within the organization
• Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite, including PhotoShop and InDesign, is highly desirable
• Candidate should have working knowledge of Content Management Systems (Drupal preferred), HTML and CSS
• Excellent interpersonal and written/verbal communication skills
• Ability to maintain highest level of professionalism within a pro team environment and in media work zones
• Strong understanding of soccer and MLS preferred
• Strong understanding of digital and social media platforms and prior experience of posting content to a website and social media sites
• Highly organized with experience juggling multiple projects simultaneously and ability to meet and perform under tight deadlines, and to think clearly under pressure
• Willingness to learn in a fast-paced environment
• Willingness to work flexible hours, including but not limited to evenings, weekends, holidays and travel to road games
• Bilingual language skills (English and Spanish) desirable
• Strong written and verbal communication skills; excellent grammar and copy editing skills
When you apply for this job online, you will be required to answer the following questions:
1. Yes/No: I have knowledge of the Columbus Crew and Major League Soccer. 2. Yes/No: I have previous digital experience working in a sports or news organization. 3. Yes/No: I have previous experience working within a Content Management System and daily editorial process. 4. Yes/No: I have direct experience with a Drupal CMS. 5. Yes/No: I am proficient in Adobe Creative Suite, including PhotoShop and Dreamweaver. 6. Yes/No: I have an online portfolio, personal website or blog. If so, please provide the necessary links.
1. Yes/No: I have knowledge of the Columbus Crew and Major League Soccer.
2. Yes/No: I have previous digital experience working in a sports or news organization.
3. Yes/No: I have previous experience working within a Content Management System and daily editorial process.
4. Yes/No: I have direct experience with a Drupal CMS.
5. Yes/No: I am proficient in Adobe Creative Suite, including PhotoShop and Dreamweaver.
6. Yes/No: I have an online portfolio, personal website or blog. If so, please provide the necessary links.
Click here to view all other job opportunities on this board.
Contact the TeamWorkOnline webmaster / FAQ