Current available jobs in Technical Services:
The Systems Administrator assists in meeting Sporting Kansas City’s Information Technology needs by responding to requests, providing support and successfully completing the set-up, management and maintenance of IT related equipment.
- Install and maintain all company IT equipment.
- Provide hands-on technical support for associate computers and printers (hardware, software, break/fix), as well as onboarding support for new associates.
- Provide basic A/V technical support for conference room and meeting set-up.
- Coordinate MACs (Moves, Adds, Changes) of computer, phone and audio-visual hardware.
- Assist in the configuration and maintenance of domain user accounts, folders and policies.
- Assist in the configuration and maintenance of company servers, both physical and virtual.
- Maintain systems inventory and perform asset management functions.
- Resolve complex technical problems with POS (Micros) and related systems, as well as remain aware of recurring problems and suggest solutions.
- Develop and test POS technologies and report findings to IT Leadership.
- Perform the installation and configuration of POS/Mobile/Retail applications, as well as regularly support and troubleshoot software.
- Assist in gathering bid prices on equipment and supplies, as needed.
- Effectively plan for future technological changes or expansions.
- Enhance knowledge on the current IT market to stay up-to-date with existing and emerging technologies, as well as best practices and ideas.
- Represent Sporting Kansas City and its related affiliates in a professional manner at all times.
- Perform other related tasks as assigned.
- Strong organizational, communications and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to organize work effectively, conceptualize and prioritize objectives and exercise independent judgment based on an understanding of organizational policies and activities.
- Strong problem solving and analysis skills.
- Technical capacity and savviness.
- Resourceful and insightful.
- Responsive and dependable.
- Analytical thinking skills.
- Practice a high level of confidentiality.
Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Information Systems or other Technology related field preferred.
- Minimum of one (1) to three (3) years of experience in computer repair, networking, phone system administration and security operations, as well as a minimum of one (1) year of experience with POS installation and maintenance.
- A++ or other relatable courses and security certifications preferred.
- Experience troubleshooting a wide variety of IT issues.
- Strong working knowledge of Operating Systems and builds, including Windows 7, Mac OSX, iOS and Android.
- Experience with Windows Servers and Domain concepts preferred.
- VmWare and Citrix experience preferred.
- Proficient in the Microsoft Office Suite, including Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Calendar.