Current available jobs in Technical Services:
» Motion Graphics Designer - Philadelphia Union (Chester, PA)
The New York Red Bulls are one of 22 teams in Major League Soccer (MLS). They are one of the ten charter clubs of MLS, having competed in the league since its founding in 1996. They currently play their home matches at Red Bull Arena (RBA) in Harrison, New Jersey. RBA, a state-of-the-art 25,000-seat stadium, is widely regarded as the top soccer-specific stadium in North America. The club is owned by the Austrian beverage company Red Bull for which the team is named. The first team features 2016 MLS Golden Boot Winner Bradley Wright-Phillips, U.S. international Sacha Kljestan, and several players with USMNT experience. The New York Red Bulls offer one of the nation's premier youth soccer development programs, from local soccer partnerships across New York and New Jersey to Regional Development Schools and the Red Bulls Academy teams.
Red Bull New York is looking for a talented Content Producer/Editor to develop and execute pre-produced video and graphic production for the New York Red Bulls online and digital platforms. The “hands-on”, part-time position will be responsible for working events at Red Bull Arena, as well various hours throughout the week. Candidates must submit a production reel.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: (Required to perform the job)
Produce, Shoot & Edit videos using the Adobe Creative Suite for use across multiple platforms of media
Ability to shoot content with a variety of cameras at home games, practices and other team events. Knowledge of various professional production cameras (Sony A7s, F5, FS5, FS7, etc)
Help coordinate and facilitate video shoots
Brainstorm new and exciting concepts for content, and take initiative to self-produce content with a specified deadline.
Use creativity and imagination to produce a wide range of content from highlight sizzle reels to story driven episodes from concept formation through finished product
Work Red Bull New York home games – as well as all other events at Red Bull Arena as needed
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY:
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities
Must be able to provide a production reel highlighting ability to shoot and edit.
The ability to complete projects independently and creativity are extremely important for this position, as well as the ability to complete quality projects within tight deadlines.
Video Production Experience including Non-Linier Editing (Final Cut Pro and Adobe Creative Suite), Camera Operation, Setting up of shoots and Audio Set Up.
Knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (AfterEffects, Premier, Photoshop, AfterEffects Illustrator) software a must.
Experience with audio mixing and color correcting within Adobe Premier
Firm understanding of video compression and standard codecs used for broadcast and digital
Ability to work efficiently in a highly demanding and time sensitive environment
Demonstrate strong creative skills that can be applied to help create the best content in Major League Soccer
Ability to work unconventional hours, weekends, and holidays as needed
Strong sense of project ownership and dedication with a strong eye for detail
Able to work in a fast paced, quickly changing atmosphere
Ability to multi-task and work under tight deadlines a must
Ability to effectively communicate with other departments in order to design needed projects
Strong Organizational and Communicational skills
Passion for, and knowledge of soccer and sports is a plus
Bachlors Degree in Journalism, Production or related field.
Needs to have two years experience in video production, editing, shooting, audio production, and motion graphic design in college or the workplace.
Due to the cyclical nature of the entertainment industry, the employee may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the company.
Red Bull New York is an equal opportunity employer and we will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality or any other classification protected by law.
The Motion Graphics Designer will be responsible for all content creation, design, and animation for the video board and LED ribbons at Talen Energy Stadium, digital, broadcast, and Bethlehem Steel FC.
- Write, produce and edit original content
- Create storyboards for video and graphical work
- Create animations for video displays at Talen Energy Stadium
- Design new graphics for all video outlets
- Maintain video archive
- Shoot video & edit content for features, highlight videos and future use
- Assist in the execution of the gameday production for all events at Talen Energy Stadium
- Work closely with other internal departments (marketing, sponsorship, communications, etc.) to fulfill video and animated graphical needs
- Research current events, trends, music, pop culture, tying those ideas intro our production workflow
- Create animations for Bethlehem Steel FC for use on their social platforms
- Bachelor’s degree with 2 years of experience preferred
- Experience with a professional sports team is a plus
- Advanced knowledge of non-linear editing (Adobe Premiere Pro preferred)
- Advanced use of Adobe After Effects
- Cinema 4D proficiency
- Graphic design skills required (Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator)
- Prior experience wirh Chyron and other control room software is a plus
- Experience with DSLR and Cinema-style cameras
- Lighting and set design is a plus
- Audio and sound design is a plus
- Ability to handle multiple projects at a time with tight deadlines
- Be creative, innovating, and original
- Pays attention to detail
- Ability to work in independently and in groups is a must
- Ability to work long hours, evenings, weekends, and holidays
- Physical ability to lift heavy equipment is required
- Minimal travel may be required
When you apply for this job online, you will be required to answer the following questions:
1. Please provide a link to your demo reel.
2. I have local housing or am willing to relocate: YES/NO
3. I have prior experience working in professional sports: YES/NO
4. Please list your salary requirements.