Current available jobs in Technical Services:
» Director, Product Design - Major League Soccer (New York, NY)
» Motion Graphics Designer/ Video Editor - Philadelphia Union (Chester, PA)
Los Angeles Football Club is Major League Soccer’s newest team in Los Angeles, set to debut in 2018. We are developing a world-class, forward-thinking sports organization to bring the fastest growing professional sport in America to one of the largest and most diverse markets in the world. Our primary initiatives include: designing and building our stadium, developing all facets of our brand, engaging with our community and developing our sporting team and youth programs. We are looking to grow our high-caliber, diverse team with creative and hard-working individuals who have a passion for sports, entertainment, and many of the lifestyle elements that the beautiful game touches.
We are looking for a talented individual for the Director/Vice President of Information Technology position to build and lead the Club’s Information Technology team. The team is responsible for all facets of LAFC’s technology, both in the cloud and on-prem in all club facilities including the new Banc of California Stadium, ancillary facilities, and First Team training. LAFC expects to provide a world class digitally-enabled supporter, fan and customer experience. The Director of IT will be primarily focused on ensuring the correct technology foundation for all aspects of the club’s future growth. This position requires a talented individual equally comfortable with rolling up their sleeves and getting things done while maintaining the big picture strategic plan. Success depends on positioning IT as an enabler and not a barrier to implementing new programs and initiatives. Candidate must be organized, self-motivated and have a strong knowledge of leading edge sports and entertainment digital trends. The successful candidate thinks strategically while getting things done and demonstrates the ability to multi-task.
- Prepare annual budget for Information Technology included recurring operations and new technology initiatives in concert with key stakeholders and other department heads.
- Maintain and revise the technology roadmap and strategy for the entire LAFC technology stack from fan-experience to stadium operations.
- Work with key stakeholders in sales, marketing and operations to produce a seamless fan experience.
- Select and manage technology vendors to execute technology projects.
- Provide the technology perspective on new and ongoing initiatives.
- Build a maintain scalable enterprise reporting systems.
- Ensure technology systems are highly available.
- Ensure the security of technology infrastructure.
- Coordinate with MLS and other teams on league wide digital initiatives.
- Develop and implement multichannel fan engagement technology across the web and social media outlets via emerging delivery technologies.
- Coordinate stadium technologies including Wifi, DAS, IPTV, beacons and other emerging technologies.
- Build and maintain a modern back-office stack for HR, financials and other functions.
- Understand the system-wide implications of technology choices.
- Communicate and explain complex technology solutions without the use of the technical jargon.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS :
- 8+ years of hands on technology experience.
- College degree in related field or equivalent experience required; advanced degree preferred.
- Experience with multi-million-dollar technology procurement.
- Experience managing multiple, concurrent large-scale, milestone-based, technology project deliveries.
- Demonstrated experience with cloud-based IT infrastructures, both SaaS and PaaS.
- Possess exceptional leadership skills with the ability to successfully lead project teams, provide support to staff, and delegate appropriately.
- Possess exceptional written and oral communication skills.
- Possess public speaking experience.
- Experience mentoring and evaluating employees, interns and consulting personnel.
- Present an overall professional appearance.
- Possess strong networking skills with peers across LAFC and the sports technology community.
- Be able to work independently, exercising judgment and initiative.
- Be able to work in a fast paced environment.
- Work extended and/or irregular hours including nights, weekends and holidays, as needed.
- Knowledge and experience with the technology stack used by professional sports teams.
- Knowledge of digital marketing platforms.
- Knowledge of the Salesforce Platform, integration of enhancements and managing custom development on the platform.
- Knowledge of eMarketing, including CRM, programmatic display, social media, app dowloads and keyword advertising and automation tools supporting these initiatives.
- Knowledge of multiple software development methodologies.
- Experience with ecommerce platforms
- Experience with ecommerce payment platforms
- Experience with cloud-based point of sale systems
- Experience with venue management and reservations systems
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY:
LAFC strongly supports equal employment opportunity for all applicants regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law.
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
LAFC recruitment policies are designed to place the most highly qualified persons available in a timely and efficient manner. LAFC may pursue all avenues available, including promotion from within, employee referrals, outside advertising, employment agencies, Internet recruiting, job fairs, college recruiting and search firms.
Applicants for employment in the U.S. must possess work authorization, which does not require sponsorship by the employer for a visa.
The Motion Graphics Designer/ Video Editor will be responsible for all content creation, design, and animation for the video board and LED ribbons at Talen Energy Stadium, digital, broadcast, and Bethlehem Steel FC.
- Write, produce and edit original content
- Create storyboards for video and graphical work
- Create animations for video displays at Talen Energy Stadium
- Design new graphics for all video outlets
- Maintain video archive
- Shoot video & edit content for features, highlight videos and future use
- Assist in the execution of the gameday production for all events at Talen Energy Stadium
- Work closely with other internal departments (marketing, sponsorship, communications, etc.) to fulfill video and animated graphical needs
- Research current events, trends, music, pop culture, tying those ideas intro our production workflow
- Create animations for Bethlehem Steel FC for use on their social platforms
- Bachelor’s degree with 2-4 years of experience in a similar position.
- Experience with a professional sports team is a plus.
- Advanced knowledge of non-linear editing (Adobe Premiere Pro preferred)
- Advanced use of Adobe After Effects
- Cinema 4D proficiency
- Graphic design skills required (Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator)
- Prior experience wirh Chyron and other control room software is a plus
- Experience with DSLR and Cinema-style cameras
- Lighting and set design is a plus
- Audio and sound design is a plus
- Ability to handle multiple projects at a time with tight deadlines
- Be creative, innovating, and original
- Pays attention to detail
- Ability to work in independently and in groups is a must
- Ability to work long hours, evenings, weekends, and holidays
- Physical ability to lift heavy equipment is required
- Minimal travel may be required
When you apply for this job online, you will be required to answer the following questions:
1. Please provide a link to your demo reel.
2. I have local housing or am willing to relocate: YES/NO
3. I have prior experience working in professional sports: YES/NO
4. Please list your salary requirements.