Current available jobs in Retail/Licensing:
» Merchandise Manager/Director - Orlando City Soccer Club (Orlando, FL)
» Warehouse Supervisor - Portland Timbers (Portland, OR)
» Retail Experience Specialist - Sporting Kansas City (Kansas City, KS)
The Retail Sales Associate will be primarily responsible for providing first rate retail customer service to all patrons at the FC Dallas Team store at Toyota Stadium. This position is a part time position and will be working in the Team store during events held at the stadium. The majority of our events are FC Dallas Soccer home games, while we also host International soccer matches, concerts and music festivals.
- Ensure that each customer receives outstanding service by providing a friendly, clean, and well- maintained retail merchandise environment
- Assist customers in all aspects of the retail purchasing process: product selection, checking-out, and/or bagging merchandise
- Maintain solid product knowledge and an awareness of all promotions and advertisements.
- Assist with set-up, display maintenance, break-down, and register close-out procedures in the Team store.
- Assist in tagging, warehousing and replenishing FC Dallas merchandise throughout Toyota Stadium
- Communicate customer requests to management.
- Assist in completing price changes within the department.
- Participate in seasonal inventory and cycle counts.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must be at least 18 years old
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule to include nights, weekends and some holidays.
- Must be able to lift up to 25lbs.
- Ability to stand for long periods of time
- Previous customer service/retail/concession stand experience a plus
- Previous cash handling and credit card machine experience is a plus
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work in all outdoor weather conditions to include, extreme heat, cold and rain.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Basic computer skills
- Bilingual in English and Spanish is a plus
When you apply for this job online, you will be required to answer the following questions:
1. Yes/No: I am at least 18 years of age?
2. Yes/No: I have previous cash handling experience?
3. Yes/No: I can work a flexible schedule to include nights, weekends and some holidays?
4. Yes/No: I can speak Spanish?
5. Yes/No: I can work in all outdoor weather conditions?
6. Yes/No: I can stand for long periods of time?
7. Yes/no: In the last seven years, have you been convicted of a major crime other than a traffic violation? If yes, please describe.
Reports to: Chief Revenue Officer
Background: After winning three USL-Pro Championships over a four-year span, Orlando City SC quickly set the standard for professional soccer clubs, both on and off the field, and was awarded the 21st franchise in Major League Soccer (MLS) on Nov. 19, 2013. The Club began MLS play in Central Florida in 2015, setting league attendance records for an expansion side in its first season and has welcomed over 60,000 fans for consecutive season-opening matches in 2015 and 2016. The Lions, who held the second highest average attendance in the league for the second consecutive season, play in a privately funded, state-of-the-art downtown stadium in the 2017 MLS season.
Orlando City SC also operates Orlando Pride of the National Women’s Soccer League (NWSL) and Orlando City B of the United Soccer League (USL), which both began play in 2016. For more information, visit www.orlandocitysc.com.
Position Summary: Orlando City SC is seeking a Merchandise Manager/Director responsible for the direct management of the Club’s retail strategy. This person will oversee operations with all retail partners and points of sale (daily, game-day locations and special events) which includes driving strategic business branding initiatives, as well as meeting the demands of the Club’s daily operations for all three teams. The exact position title will be determined by the candidate's qualifications and experience.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and execute a profitable, customer-focused merchandise and retail strategy while enhancing the fan experience for all Orlando City, Orlando Pride and OCB customers.
- Oversee Club’s merchandise operations including buying, sales, operations, inventory management and loss prevention.
- Manage internal merchandising staff, as well as all third-party relationships and agreements.
- Focus on the execution of the merchandising business plan, monitoring retail and merchandising performance.
- Maintain positive business partnerships with MLS, NWSL and USL representatives and vendors.
- Purchase merchandise by making proper selections, negotiating most favorable costs and other terms of purchase, as needed.
- Monitor product sales, inventory turns, markdowns and all other costs to maximize sales and profitability.
- Direct merchandise presentation, space allotment and point of purchase information for all retail operations.
- Keep abreast of latest retail, merchandising and licensing innovations and concepts to maximize performance as well as source new merchandise and review existing items to ensure products remain competitive.
- Develop processes and reports for all merchandise and retail functions.
- Work cross-functionally with all departments to ensure merchandising needs are met.
- Prepare department budget and operate under budgetary guidelines.
- Assist with promotional events and merchandise.
- Special ad hoc projects as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration, Finance, Merchandise Marketing, or related field preferred.
- Previous experience in merchandising/retail strategy strongly preferred.
- Knowledge of game and fundamentals of soccer preferred.
- Very strong interpersonal and communication skills with a passion for providing great customer service.
- Manage changing priorities in a dynamic, high-pressure, fast-paced environment.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and creatively solve day-to-day challenges.
- Strong work ethic with a “get the job done” attitude.
- Excellent computer skills and proficient in Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
Kick off your sports career with the Portland Timbers as the Warehouse Supervisor.
Selection for the Warehouse Supervisor will be made based on applicable skills, experience and area(s) of education. Be sure to clearly demonstrate your skills, experience and area(s) of interest in your application.
Essential Functions/ Major Responsibilities:
- Receive all incoming products in accordance to proper guidelines
- Maintain accurate records of inventory in the point of sale system
- Ensure the merchandise warehouse remains organized and clean
- Manage the schedules of warehouse staff
- Manage, train and mentor warehouse staff
- Management of supply ordering and warehouse maintenance needs
- Ability to customize jerseys using a heat press with attention to detail and without making errors within 2 business days of orders being placed
- Manage letter and number inventory and communicate with management on needs
- Training will be given on how to operate the heat press and properly customize jerseys
- Utilize customer service skills to assist guests when needed
- Ability to effectively and proactively communicate with management/supervisory team
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in a warehouse environment
- Supervisory/management experience preferred
- Ability to move and handle merchandise throughout warehouse generally weighing 0-75 pounds
- Have a positive attitude and operate as a team player
- Availability for 100% of all home matches
- Clean, presentable appearance
- Availability for 40+ hours per week
- Shifts will vary due to events schedule
- Ability to effectively cope with high pressure situations with lots of people
- Ability to read, count, and write to accurately complete all documentation
- Basic understanding of Microsoft Excel, Outlook, Word, RetailPro Version 9, and willingness to learn more about these and additional programs if necessary
- Ability to operate and use all equipment necessary
- Ability to climb ladders
Work Environment: Duties are performed in a warehouse environment. Exposed to dust, odors, noise and varying temperatures.
About Us: The Portland Timbers enter their seventh season in Major League Soccer (MLS) in 2017. As the league’s 18th team that began competing in MLS in 2011, the Timbers play their home games at Providence Park, an approximately 21,000-seat stadium in downtown Portland. The Timbers, who won their first MLS Cup in 2015, have sold out every league home game since joining MLS, a streak of 100-plus games and counting as the club enters the 2017 MLS season.
Peregrine Sports LLC., is an equal opportunity employer of all protected classes, including veterans and individuals with disabilities.
When you apply for this job online, you will be required to answer the following questions:
1. Describe two of your strengths
2. Describe a weakness of yours
3. Tell me about a project or accomplishment that you consider to be the most significant in your career
4. Why do you want to work in sports merchandising?
The Retail Experience Specialist for Sporting Kansas City is responsible for helping create a guest-focused shopping experience.
- Create an engaging experience for all customers by immediately greeting guests and confidently relaying product knowledge by demonstrating product features and benefits.
- Continue to deliver remarkable customer service and invite guests to come back again.
- Ask open ended questions to connect with guests.
- Enhance the guest experience through offering additional items that meet the guest’s needs, ultimately driving sales and increasing revenue.
- Accurately transact with guests.
- Embody a guest first mindset.
- Uphold all store policies and procedures.
- Execute all operational processes effectively.
- Ensure the store environment is convenient for guests.
- Maintain the store to meet Sporting Kansas City and Sporting Club brand standards.
- Demonstrate values and behaviors consistent with the Sporting Kansas City culture.
- Represent Sporting Kansas City and its related affiliates in a professional manner at all times.
- Perform other related tasks as assigned.
- Strong organizational, communications and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to organize work effectively, conceptualize and prioritize objectives and exercise independent judgment based on an understanding of organizational policies and activities.
- Friendly and welcoming demeanor.
- Outgoing personality.
- Excellent public speaking skills.
- Demonstrates excellent customer service skills.
- Passionate about fashion and Sporting Kansas City.
- Team oriented.
- Professional and stylish appearance.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Prior experience in a retail specialist role, preferably in the sports industry.
- Demonstrated fashion and style frame of mind.
- Proficient in the Microsoft Office Suite, including Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Calendar.