Current available jobs in Player Operations:
» Philadelphia Union Academy Staff Coach (Zone 1) - Philadelphia Union Academy (Wayne, PA)
The Team Nutritionist for the LA Galaxy will manage the day-to-day administering of pre and post supplementation, meal plans and nutritional education of the athletes, development through 1st team.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation.
Performs as the Team Nutritionist in managing the diet and nutrition of all athletes. Health care included but not limited to:
- Diet consultations
- On site pre and post recovery supplements following MLS and FIFA banned substances rules
- Evaluate hydration daily and weekly of athletes
- Develop excel spreadsheets that will monitor all data collected
- Monitor and construct wellness sheets to weekly evaluate athletes
- Report weekly to director of sports medicine on individual athletes issues pertaining to diet, nutrition, health and fatigue
- Ensure compliancy with OSHA standards with regard to blood borne pathogens
- Order, maintain, and inventory supplies and clinical equipment
- Manage Nutrition Intern(s) to keep player lounge and clinic area safe, clean and organized
- Maintain player diet records and submit computerized data per director of sports medicine
- Provide expert opinion to medical and coaching staff on ways to improve health and recovery throughout the year
- Demonstrate interpersonal skills required to work effectively with all LA Galaxy, LA Galaxy II and Academy players, coaches other team personnel and MLS staff
- Counsel players in regard to dietary needs, nutritional supplements and League and FIFA banned substances
- Oversee appropriate usage of Herbalife product, as well as other sports nutrition products/supplements.
- Participate in Herbalife events as needed.
NON-ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
In addition to performing the essential functions, this position may be required to perform a combination of the following supportive functions, with the percentage of time performing each function to be solely determined by Supervisor.
- On a limited basis, participate in community service/educational programs related to sports medicine
- Participate in activities/meetings/programs as required by club director of sports medicine
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY:
- The successful candidate will possess strong verbal & written communication skills
- Highly organized, detail oriented and able to manage multiple priorities and projects at once
- Excellent at relationship building and people skills
- Possess strong problem-solving skills
- Proactive and have the ability to work independently without the need for supervision.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks
- Ability to handle minor lifting and load/unload merchandise
- CSSD certification
- Minimum 2 years of sports dietician experience in a sports environment
- Team sports experience is preferred
- Current CPR certification
- Bachelor’s degree in sports, nutrition, health science or related field preferred
Due to the cyclical nature of the entertainment industry, the employee may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the company including working game nights
Philadelphia Union Academy Staff Coach is responsible for coaching Union youth programs at the behest of the Union Academy Director, with a focus on the Union Juniors Pre-Academy (U8-U11) program. Philadelphia Union Academy Staff Coach will work throughout the elite development platform of Philadelphia Union’s renowned youth program to supplement their Zone 1 responsibilities and to ensure integration of methodology. Additional responsibilities include coaching other Union Youth programs as directed by Academy Director, and program administration.
The primary goal for all Union Youth staff is to develop, prepare, and identify players for the Union Academy while implementing an environment that develops sustained love of the game for all participants
Philadelphia Union Academy Staff Coach is primarily responsible as a Head Coach of one of the Pre-Academy age groups (U8-U11) and in coaching additional Pre-Academy and Academy training sessions at the Union Academy Director’s discretion
Philadelphia Union Academy Staff Coach will help implement the Union Academy’s curriculum and technical methodology for the Pre-Academy training sessions and matches to ensure seamless integration for players into the Academy and throughout the Union’s developmental pyramid
This position will be assigned to coach additional Philadelphia Union Youth’s programs, such as training clinics and camps
Philadelphia Union Academy Staff Coach will support Union scouting through Pre-Academy I.D. sessions or related programs
Attend scheduled meetings as requested by the Union Youth or Union Academy Directors
Over the course of the Union Pre-Academy season, coaching and/or assisting with other Union programs as directed by the Philadelphia Union Academy Director and/or the Philadelphia Union Sporting Director
Professional playing experience (strongly preferred)
Youth coaching experience and desire to grow as a coach and obtain top USSF licenses
Proven knowledge of the American soccer system
Proven knowledge of the requisite skills necessary for a player to progress to the pros
Excellent leadership and communication skills
Apparent passion for the sport and ability to share and impart a love of the game with young players
A readiness and desire to enter a professional club development environment with a focus on producing professional players