Current available jobs in Finance:
» Staff Accountant - Major League Soccer (New York, Ny)
» Coordinator, Accounts Payable/Receivables - Major League Soccer (New York, NY)
» Accountant - Sporting Kansas City (Kansas City, MO)
The Staff Accountant performs professional level accounting work in the maintenance and review of fiscal records. The position requires considerable knowledge of basic accounting principles and accounting functions. The Staff Accountant will be responsible for the general ledger reconciliation, banking activities (i.e. cash receipts, deposits, positive pay, ACH etc.), and MLS reporting requirements. Duties include processing and posting payments, billings and collections, recording journal entries, performing monthly-closing maintaining of accounting files, along with preparation/organization of various financial forms, reports, and financial analysis. This individual may be asked to assist with ad-hoc projects and general office support tasks when necessary. These responsibilities and tasks will be coordinated with and supervised by the Director or Finance. This position requires daily interaction with internal departments, vendors, and clients.
- Serve as main contact person between department and the A/P Corporate team in downtown. Assist with Accounts Payable responsibilities that are not handled by the centralized A/P team. Duties include, reclassification of miscoded expenses, clearing out suspense account, research and resolve old outstanding checks issued, reconciliation of intercompany balance with the League, and creating work-orders, and recording expense accruals.
- Generate and distribute invoices to sponsors and other clients within area of business. Maintain organized file of executed agreements and allocation memos. Follow up with departments and third parties regarding unpaid invoices and provide aging report updates. Reconcile billing summary schedule to CRM report and general ledger to ensure all revenue are accounted for. Recording allowance and write-offs for uncollectible. Handles all internal and external inquiries regarding AR related matters.
- Recording revenue and expenses related to the stadium settlement, which includes booking adjustments to true-up prior estimates and also handling all inquiries related to the settlement. Accrue for monthly settlement with MLS. Assist with third party settlements for domestic exhibition games, as needed.
- Assistance with Ticketing related items, which includes reconciling ticketing report to bank receipts, recording sales, and recording journal entries related to game statements.
- Review, process, record and monitor all banking related activities, which includes preparing deposits, recording receipts, completion of bank reconciliations, check inquiry, placing stop payments, monitoring positive pay and ACH, review daily banking activities, and setting up/closing bank accounts.
- Prepare and record other journal entries related to revenue recognition/deferral, prepaid expense, and other accounts on the Trail Balance.
- Upload payroll files and reconcile the payroll clearing account. Record journal entries related to payroll, which includes book transfers, fees, and salary recharge to other departments/entities.
- Add new fixed assets to the system as they are processed. Run monthly depreciation. Ensure totals in Fixed Asset module ties to Trail Balance totals. Review and evaluate existing assets to see if write-offs and disposals are needed
- Calculate, file, and remit sales/use tax to State of California. Also includes any other ad-hoc filings needed.
- Provide support and assistance as needed for audits, income tax filing, MLS league reporting, state unclaimed property returns, and other ad-hoc projects for management.
- Perform other accounting and general office duties as requested.
Required Qualifications (Job Knowledge, Skills, and Education):
- A minimum education level of: BA/BS Degree (4-year)
- A minimum of 0-3 years of related work experience
- Working knowledge of Oracle accounting software, which includes JDE, Insight, Concur etc.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office, which includes Word and Excel.
- Ability to read, listen, and communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing.
- Must have considerable knowledge with basic accounting principles (i.e. journal entries, debits, credits, accruals etc.) and accounting functions.
- Ability to access and accurately input information using a moderately complex computer system/financial application.
- Ability to work independently and complete duties and projects with little direct supervision.
- Must have strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to multitask on various regular duties and ad-hoc assignments.
- Ability to accurately work under pressure in meeting deadlines.
- Ability to work extended hours during evenings and weekends as required.
- Must have excellent organizational skills and with hands-on mentality.
- Team Player and desirous.
The Sporting Kansas City Accountant is a key member of the Finance Team. This individual is responsible for recording revenue and paying invoices by verifying and completing receivable and payable transactions. In addition, the Accountant updates, maintains files and reports financial information, ensuring accuracy and compliance with financial policies and procedures.
- Process mail daily, including routing AP invoices to department leaders and preparing bank deposits for payments received.
- Enter and pay all invoices by verifying transaction information, scheduling and preparing disbursements, and obtaining authorization for payment.
- Reconcile vendor statements and bank statements received monthly.
- Answer and respond to all customer and vendor inquiries on a timely basis.
- Prioritize invoices according to cash discount potential and payment terms.
- As required, assist in creating various accounting reports that display overall business performance and financial position.
- Maintain files and documentation thoroughly and accurately, in accordance with internal controls and accepted accounting practices.
- Achieve the day-to-day and month end operational objectives of the Finance Team.
- Represent Sporting Kansas City in a professional manner at all times.
- Perform other related tasks as assigned.
- Integrity and adherence to the highest level of confidentially.
- Strong organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to organize work efficiently, conceptualize and prioritize objectives and exercise independent judgement based on an understanding of organizational policies and activities.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and perform multifaceted project in conjunction with daily activities.
- Ability to interact efficiently with Executive Leadership, Team Leads, and other associates.
- Self-motivated with a desire to lead and grow professionally.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Exceptional time management.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, or Business preferred.
- Two (2) years of accounting experience preferred.
- Proficient in the Microsoft Office Suite, including Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Experience with QuickBooks Enterprise and/or Workday.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions:
- Required to sit, stand and walk.
- Use hands to finger, hand or feel objects, tools or controls.
- Frequent stooping, bending, pulling and pushing.
- Reach with hands and arms.
- Required to talk and hear consistently.
- Specific vision abilities required by the role include the ability to distinguish the nature of objects by using the eye.
- Ability to work non-traditional hours, including evenings, weekends and holidays as necessary.
GAME DAY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Attendance required at all home Sporting KC home games.