Current available jobs in Finance:
» Staff Accountant - Orlando City Soccer Club (Orlando, FL)
The Director of Finance will direct and oversee all Finance and Accounting functions of the Houston Dynamo, BBVA Compass Stadium, Houston Dash, Houston Sports Park, Forever Orange, and Dynamo Charities (501c3). This position will assume a strategic role in the overall management of the company including planning, managing, and controlling all financial activities. Position title and responsibilities may be elevated to Vice President or CFO depending on candidate experience.
- Supervise accounting department staff.
- Maintain accurate analysis of budgets, financials trends, and forecasts.
- Evaluate and advise on the impact of key decisions including introduction of new programs, strategies, and systems.
- Enhance financial performance and business opportunities.
- Establish and maintain strong relationships with ownership and senior executives to identify their needs and seek full range of business solutions.
- Ensure department policies & procedures are followed.
- Oversee and manage the month-end and year-end closing process.
- Supervise the process of recording manual journal entries and various finance-related processes to ensure accounting records are complete and accurate.
- Review and approve cash disbursements.
- Control financial reporting to ownership, including preparing, reviewing, and delivering monthly financial package.
- Manage process for budgeting and forecasting throughout the year.
- Present financial projections to ownership at quarterly board meetings.
- Prepare various other financial reports and analyses as requested by ownership/management.
- Coordinate annual external audit and issue audited financial statements.
- Work with tax firm to ensure all federal and state tax extensions and returns are filed timely and accurately.
- Partner with HR and Payroll Coordinator to ensure payroll is processed timely and accurately.
- Manage the organization’s cash flow needs, projecting cash position, and coordinating intercompany loans to maintain necessary balances in all accounts.
- Understand debt structures and monitor covenant compliance including minimum EBITDA and Fixed Charge Coverage Ratio requirements. Prepare consolidated summarized financials quarterly for debt compliance.
- Review various reports prepared by the accounting department staff including: A/R Aging, Event Settlements, Event Flash Reports, MLS Team Financial Reporting, MLS SAS 62, etc.
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY:
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.
- The successful candidate will have skill in personnel management, developing and implementing policies and procedures, effective training, and designing and implementing accounting, financial and human resources systems and controls.
- Strong written and oral communication skills with the ability to communicate well with management-level peers as well as employees.
- Capable of handling all aspects of the accounting cycle and principles and techniques of team and stadium operations.
- Strong organizational skills with attention to detail.
- Ability to work under above-average pressure in meeting urgent deadlines.
- Ability to work long, irregular hours and weekends as dictated by event schedules and project timetables.
- Must be proficient with computers and MS Office programs such as Word, Excel, & Outlook.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
Education and Experience:
- 10+ years of progressively increasing responsibility in a fast-paced accounting/finance department.
- Experience in sports and/or arena management industry a major plus.
- Bachelors degree in accounting/finance or related field. Master’s degree preferred.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Dynamics NAV accounting software, Paychex payroll processing platform, and Veritix ticketing system preferred but not required.
Licenses or certificates:
- Certified Public Accounting license a plus.
Regular attendance in conformance with the standards, which may be established by the company from time to time, is essential to the successful performance of this position. Employees with irregular attendance will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment.
Due to the cyclical nature of the entertainment industry, employees may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the team or facility.
Upon employment, all employees are required to fully comply with company rules and regulations. Employees who violate these rules and regulations will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment.
All employees are subject to a drug test prior to employment.
When you apply for this job online, you will be required to answer the following questions:
1. Are you a licensed CPA?
Reports to: Accounting Manager
Background: After winning three USL-Pro Championships over a four-year span, Orlando City SC quickly set the standard for professional soccer clubs, both on and off the field, and was awarded the 21st franchise in Major League Soccer (MLS) on Nov. 19, 2013. The Club began MLS play in Central Florida in 2015, setting league attendance records for an expansion side in its first season and has welcomed over 60,000 fans for consecutive season-opening matches in 2015 and 2016. The Lions, who currently hold the second highest average attendance in the league, play in a privately funded, state-of-the-art downtown stadium in the 2017 MLS season.
Orlando City SC also operates Orlando Pride of the National Women’s Soccer League (NWSL) and Orlando City B of the United Soccer League (USL), which both began play in 2016. For more information, visit www.orlandocitysc.com.
Position Summary: The Staff Accountant will be responsible for preparing and loading journal entries, maintaining balance sheet schedules, bank reconciliations, and preparation of financial statements. Additional functions include assisting with monthly closings and account analysis, and supporting the Accounting and Finance team in ad hoc analysis and functions. This position will also handle accounts receivable/payable, invoicing, credit card and expense report reconciliations and payroll.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist with month end closing procedures, including journal entry preparation for various activities such as ticket revenue recognition, sponsorship revenue recognition, merchandise sales and prepaid expenses.
- Responsible for daily cash management with cash from invoices, box office and merchandise sales, and prepare monthly bank reconciliations.
- Verify and post entries to subsidiary and general ledger accounts, including trial balance analysis.
- Perform analysis of balance sheet accounts and prepare account reconciliations including reconciling deferred ticket revenue to ticket sales database and merchandise inventory to sales reports.
- Detail processing for accounts payable invoices and expense reports.
- Improve vendor relationships and manage contracts while searching for expense improvements.
- Assist Accounting Manager with league-reporting requirements.
- Assist with event settlements and end of the year stadium settlement.
- Complete ad hoc financial analysis and special projects as needed.
- Bachelor’s Degree in accounting or finance preferred.
- 2+ years of experience within the accounting field; CPA preferred.
- Strong computer skills including knowledge of Excel, accounting and banking systems.
- Experience with any of the following a plus: QuickBooks, Salesforce, Archtics, FinancialForce, Concur.
- Must have strong understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles.
- Solid communication and interpersonal skills.
- Must be a take-charge, forward thinking person who is able to work non-traditional hours, in non-traditional settings, within a team atmosphere.
Salary: TBD – commensurate with applicant’s qualifications.