Current available jobs in Communications:
» Community Relations/ Media Relations Coordinator - Portland Timbers (Portland, OR)
» Media Relations Gameday Staff - San Jose Earthquakes (San Jose, CA)
Title: On-Air Broadcaster – Multiple (Format: TV & Radio; Type: Play-by-Play & Color; Language: English, Spanish & Portuguese)
Reports to: VP of Communications
Background: Recently ranked 14th among all professional teams in North America, Orlando City Soccer Club (OCSC) is Major League Soccer’s newest expansion team. The club will begin play in MLS in 2015, becoming the league’s 21st club. The Lions’ first team set the U.S. record for best start of any professional soccer club in its first USL PRO league 100 matches (66-12-22). Orlando City has won three USL PRO regular season titles and two postseason championships. Outside of the first squad, OCSC also has a youth club, Orlando City Youth Soccer (OCYS) and a U-23 team that participates in the PDL.
Orlando City SC’s long-term aspiration is to become one of the preeminent sporting organizations in the world.
Position Summary: Orlando City SC is seeking soccer play-by-play announcers/analysts for local TV & radio broadcasts. You must be a full service broadcaster, comfortable reporting from locker rooms, editing and writing match previews and recaps, hosting talk shows and writing features for the OCSC website. Candidates must have a broad knowledge of soccer, as well as previous radio or TV soccer broadcasting experience. Advanced audio production skills required. A great storyteller with an engaging personality is preferred. Must be willing to travel to select away games.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Play-by-play/analyst for TV/radio broadcasts for all Orlando City SC games (preseason, regular season and playoffs) and contribute to pregame, halftime and postgame shows.
- Serve as host or co-host for various TV/radio content produced for OrlandoCitySC.com
- Write and edit match previews/recaps and contribute content to OrlandoCitySC.com when requested.
- Travel with the team on select away games and serve as liaison between Communications Department and the team while on the road.
- Establish a good working relationship with the team staff and players for the purposes of gathering information for the Communications Department and relaying the information to the applicable parties.
- Keep current on events and activities that impact the Club, MLS, coaches and players.
- Serve as a key ambassador for the Club with active participation in community relations programs, charitable foundation initiatives and fan development, including public speaking and personal appearances
- Provide voice-overs and host various events for communications-related needs, including ticket sales, guest service, sponsorship and marketing when requested.
- Bachelor’s degree in broadcasting, broadcast journalism, communications or related field is preferred.
- Possess a broad knowledge of soccer, as well as previous radio or TV soccer broadcasting experience.
- Excellent oral, written and interpersonal skills.
- Advanced audio production skills required.
- Highly organized and able to handle multiple projects at a time with tight deadlines.
- Must have a working knowledge of Microsoft Office products.
- Able to work independently and as part of a team.
- Able to work non-traditional hours, in non-traditional settings, within a team atmosphere.
- Must be willing to travel to select away games.
Salary: TBD – commensurate with applicant’s qualifications.
Summary: We are seeking bright, goal-oriented, driven, organized and talented individuals to join our staff of seasoned industry professionals. We are offering a dynamic, challenging and fun learning environment, an opportunity to work with a major league sports organization and a beautiful community to call home. This unique role will be split 50/50 between our Community Relations and Media Relations departments.
Duties: A unique position offering qualified candidates the opportunity to work with both the Timbers first team and the organization’s additional clubs, the Coordinator of Community Relations and Media Relations will manage the day-to-day elements of the team’s Hispanic marketing platform, Somos Timbers, as well as taking a leadership role in the team’s diversity initiatives. In addition, this person will help manage the day-to-day elements of the Communications department. You will work closely with the team’s Soccer Operations, Ticket Sales, Sponsorship, Community Relations and Marketing departments in communicating the club’s overall messages, as well as taking an active role in creating, executing and maintaining community partnerships, programs and activities under the Somos Timbers platform.
Specific duties for the position of Community Relations Coordinator include, but are not limited to:
Oversee all Somos Timbers outreach programs and initiatives
Oversee and provide content for Spanish-language social media platforms
Manage all partner relationships with local media and nonprofit organizations, as well as the Red Timbers-advisory board
Document and interview translation (internal and external)
Coordinate and attend all targeted community/grassroots events and Somos Timbers player appearances
- Manage fan contests and promotions
Specific duties for the position of Media Relations Coordinator include, but are not limited to:
Research and write press releases, postgame recaps and game notes
Work closely with league personnel and local media on a daily basis
Coordinate interview requests and appearances
Provide content and coordinate production for official team publications
Manage and issue credentials
Help manage press box and serve in a support capacity during home games
Help manage game-day staff (statistics, broadcast, field marshals)
Complete all post-game, statistics-related functions of the media relations department
- Work closely with coaches, players and staff
Bilingual English/Spanish required
Strong interpersonal skills
Strong writing skills
Ability to work all games as assigned
Strong knowledge of soccer, the Timbers, Thorns FC and T2 organization and professional and college sports
Ability to effectively develop, communicate and present messages to key decision-makers and constituents
Strong attention to detail and ability to work within a team environment
- Ability to adapt, adjust, be responsive under tight deadlines and fluid situations in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment
Experience and Education
Bachelors or four-year college degree
Minimum of two years experience working in professional or collegiate sports
- Experience writing for sports organization or related entity
Start Date: January 2015
Compensation: Competitive package with salary, bonus opportunities and benefits
About Us: The Portland Timbers enter their fifth season in Major League Soccer (MLS) in 2015. As the league’s 18th team that began competing in MLS in 2011, the Timbers play their home games at Providence Park, an approximately 21,000-seat stadium in downtown Portland. The Timbers have sold out every regular-season game since joining MLS, a streak of 68 consecutive matches and counting as the club enters the 2015 MLS season.
Portland Thorns FC enter their third season in the National Women’s Soccer League (NWSL) in 2015. Thorns FC won the inaugural NWSL Championship in 2013 and have led the way in NWSL attendance in each of their two seasons, drawing more than 13,000 fans per game at Providence Park in downtown Portland. The Thorns FC roster features some of the biggest names in women’s soccer, including U.S. stars Alex Morgan and Tobin Heath, University of Portland grad and Canadian international Christine Sinclair, and 2013 FIFA Player of the Year and German international Nadine Angerer.
On Oct. 14, 2014, the Portland Timbers announced the formation of T2, a professional team that will compete in USL PRO, a division of US Soccer below MLS. T2 will begin competing in USL PRO during the 2015 season and play their home games at Merlo Field on the campus of the University of Portland.
Peregrine Sports LLC is an equal opportunity employer of all protected classes, including veterans and individuals with disabilities.
When you apply for this job online, you will be required to answer the following questions:
1. Are you fluent in Spanish?
DESCRIPTION: The Media Relations Gameday Staff will help oversee media relations operations at all Earthquakes home events. The range of duties includes: photo marshal, photo room attendance, statistician, media liaison and will call attendant. This position will report to the Senior Manager of Media Relations.
- Oversee key areas of the club’s gameday operations for media relations.
- Ensure a fluid work experience for media at Earthquakes home events.
- Work with Senior Manager of Media Relations to solve problems that may arise on gamedays.
- Other duties as assigned.
SKILLS AND REQUIREMENTS
- Knowledge of soccer, including: rules, the club and MLS.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to own any project or responsibility put on your plate.
- Prior experience in sports preferred, but not required.
- Fluency in Spanish a bonus, but not required.
- Ability to work flexible hours, including but not limited to evenings, weekends and holidays.
Contact the TeamWorkOnline webmaster / FAQ