Current available jobs in Communications:
» Bethlehem Steel FC Communications Coordinator - Philadelphia Union (Chester, PA)
Soccer is the global game and the fastest-growing sport in the country. Minnesota United FC is the epicenter of the game’s growth in both the Twin Cities and greater Minnesota. Under new ownership and rebranded at the beginning of the 2013 season, Minnesota United FC is dedicated to making professional soccer sustainable in Minnesota. Our position as a growing sports franchise creates a unique atmosphere where "start-up" meets professional sports team. A career with Minnesota United FC will allow you to merge a passion for business and sales, professional growth, and a unique career in professional sports.
The primary responsibility of this position is to lead all marketing-related functions (public relations, event marketing, paid marketing, and video) in the creation of comprehensive and harmonious digital, social, promotional and branding campaigns designed to engage fans and drive sales across ticketing and sponsorship. This position will report to the President and serve as an integral member of the senior management team.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
• Provide leadership and support to all departments to deliver value and integrate a consistent marketing message through all external forms of communication
• Create and implement marketing campaigns to help drive demand for both single game tickets and season tickets
• Oversee all interactive marketing including website, direct marketing, social, database management, research and analytics. He/she will develop a comprehensive, harmonious interactive marketing strategy to assist the organization’s revenue generation efforts in ticket sales and corporate partnerships
• Ensure revenue tracking across all direct marketing channels
• Manage efforts of PR team to maximize sales, promotional, and branding opportunities
• Manage event-marketing efforts to ensure maximize brand exposure and increased revenue
• Provide strategic oversight to the various communications-related departments and guidance on prioritization of projects
• Develop a tracking mechanism to provide visibility to internal constituents
• Partner with the Director of Marketing to serve as day-to-day brand managers for the organization
• Ability to engage in short-term and long-term forecasting and manage the impact on the department’s budget
• Experience aligning staff members with business goals and objectives
• Significant experience presenting and communicating to staff, fans, clients, customers etc.
• Team player who looks to maximize performance through high level collaboration throughout the organization
• Ability to work flexible hours including regular office hours, nights, weekends and holidays
• 8+ years working in Communications/Marketing field. Professional sports industry experience strongly preferred
• Bachelor’s degree in Marketing or related field required
• Dynamic communication skills
• Ability to motivate in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
• Experience setting and managing budgets
• Experience working at an agency or managing outside agencies
When you apply for this job online, you will be required to answer the following questions:
1. Do you have a Bachelor's degree from a four-year college or university in related field?
2. Do you have 8+ years of experience in Communications/Marketing field?
3. Do you have professional sports industry experience?
Become member of a four-person team, with primary responsibilities focusing on Philadelphia Union USL-affiliate, Bethlehem Steel FC. Position will be responsible for managing BSFC’s external communication with a strong emphasis on proactive outreach to all media in the Lehigh Valley.
- Main point of contact for Bethlehem Steel FC media relations and responsible for media outreach on a regular basis.
- Coordinate all player/technical staff interviews, relating to Bethlehem Steel FC.
- Produce and disseminate all club press releases.
- In conjunction with club’s overall communications plans, increase media awareness of BSFC throughout Lehigh Valley.
- Oversee production and upkeep of club Media Guide, match-day Media Game Notes and internal Steel FC statistical database.
- Work in concert with club management to coordinate and support all appearances by technical staff and players in the community and sponsor-related fulfillment.
- Manage and update written content for BethlehemSteelFC.com.
- Manage match-day content for Bethlehem Steel FC social media accounts.
- Position will be based at Philadelphia Union headquarters in Chester, PA., with 1-3 days in club’s office in Bethlehem, Pa.
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Journalism or related field.
- Strong knowledge of AP style.
- Knowledge of MLS/USL and soccer.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Self-starter with the ability to work independently, while adhering to club’s overall organizational goals and priorities.
- High-energy, aggressive, competitive, and confident individual with an outgoing personality.
- Ability to work full time during the week and all match-days, with limited, but sometimes mandatory, weekend events.
- Spanish language skills preferred but not required.
- Ability to remain stationary for extended periods of time.
- Occasionally must be able to lift equipment up to 40 lbs.
If selected, this person will be required to provide the following clearances:
- PA Child Abuse History Clearance
- PA State Police Criminal Records Check
- An FBI Criminal Background Check
Contact the TeamWorkOnline webmaster / FAQ