Current available jobs in Communications:
» Manager, Communications - Major League Soccer (New York, NY)
» Manager of Digital Content - Seattle Sounders FC (Seattle, WA)
» Digital Marketing Strategist - YSC Sports, Affiliate of Philadelphia Union (Wayne, PA)
Columbus Crew SC Overview
Columbus Crew SC (Soccer Club) is the first club in Major League Soccer and in 2015, Crew SC was crowned MLS Eastern Conference Champions in the organization’s 20th season. Owned and operated by Precourt Sports Ventures (PSV), it won its first MLS Cup championship in 2008 and also won the 2002 Lamar Hunt U.S. Open Cup as well as MLS Supporters’ Shield titles in 2004, 2008 and 2009. The 2016 campaign is the Black & Gold’s 18th season at historic MAPFRE Stadium -- the first soccer-specific stadium in the United States – where the club set single-season sellout records and hosted the 2015 MLS Cup. The club was purchased by PSV on July 29, 2013 as part of the privately held investment and management firm’s sports and entertainment business enterprise.
Columbus Crew SC is seeking a Digital Communications Manager to oversee and serve as the principal editor of all digital media platforms, including the Club’s website and social media channels. The position is responsible for all digital strategies and analytics at the club, including developing strategies for driving content and increasing supporter engagement.
The Digital Communications Manager plays a pivotal role in how the Columbus Crew SC brand extends into new and existing fields through developing a strategic vision for the digital department as well as conceptualizing and producing content. The position reports to the Director of Communications and is based in Columbus, Ohio.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Collaborate with leadership to conceive, design and launch new digital features
- Develop and execute digital and social media strategies to increase engagement
- Lead Digital team to accomplish organizational and departmental goals
- Provide editorial oversight for all digital and social media content, adhering to Columbus Crew SC’s brand filters
- Create day-to-day and long-term editorial calendars, driving page views on and boosting engagement and click-thru traffic on social media platforms
- Collaborate with Marketing and Data & Analytics on effective e-mail strategies and to effectively use available data
- Incorporate website and social media analytics to provide insights into impact of produced content
- Effectively manage the content management system
Required skills, experience & abilities
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in digital media, journalism, communications, marketing, web design or related field
- High proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite and Microsoft Office Suite
- High proficiency in written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated experience with a web analytics platform (Google Analytics or Omniture) and traffic patterns, as well as Social Media analytics platforms (Shareablee, Twitter Analytics, Facebook Insights)
- Thorough understanding and working knowledge of social media channels including Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Google+ and SnapChat
- Demonstrated ability to increase social engagement and growth through a variety of practices on media channels
- Basic sport industry knowledge of marketing, corporate sponsorship, ticket sales and community relations
- Knowledge of Columbus Crew SC, Major League Soccer and international soccer preferred
- Experience with a content management system (CMS)
- Editorial experience in sports or entertainment for a digital outlet or sports organization preferred
- Demonstrated understanding of digital and social media practices
- Demonstrated leadership ability
- High attention to detail
- Able to work independently and take initiative in a dynamic environment
- Ability to travel to select road Matches and events as assigned by the Club
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including evenings, weekends and holidays
When you apply for this job online, you will be required to answer the following questions:
1. Do you have at least 2 years' experience in digital media or a related field?
The Manager of Communications will manage and execute public relations activities for Major League Soccer and Soccer United Marketing. This position will focus on helping enhance MLS and SUM’s position in the marketplace. This person will to craft written content to positively affect and shape the public perception of the organization while upholding its values and integrity. The position is based in New York, NY.
- Strategic writer and editor who shapes public perception of the organization while upholding its values and integrity. Writing and editing duties to include, but not limited to: press releases, executive speeches, video scripts, event programs, marketing collateral, select internal and external written communications, presentation decks, and multimedia projects.
- Follow emerging trends in soccer and incorporate them in MLS/SUM written materials.
- Steer consistent and successful messaging throughout all communications, digital and marketing platforms.
- Manage MLS feature ideas and player profile content project.
- Pitch feature ideas to editorial decision makers and secure placement.
- Serve as Communications liaison to the following groups: MLS Digital (includes MLSsoccer.com, social media department, MLS Video).
- Lead and develop a strong internal communications process to successfully navigate MLS/SUM and its large stakeholder network.
- Support Executive Vice President, Communications with interview preparation for League executives, message points, and strategic messaging.
- Build and foster collaborative relationships with other departments within the organization to stay informed of new initiatives, program and other organization wide events.
- A degree in public relations, marketing, sports administration or related field is preferred.
- Strong writing skills.
- Familiarity with current patterns and trends in digital and social media.
- A minimum of five years of experience in public relations\communications, marketing or journalism.
- Outstanding verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced media environment and make quick decisions using sound judgment.
- Must be able to travel and be available to work during evenings and weekends when needed.
- Exceptional project management skills with ability to manage people/projects, delegate responsibility and provide follow-through on multiple projects.
- Individual must be detail-oriented and a self-starter.
- Ability to anticipate problems and identify opportunities.
- Ability to think strategically, creatively, and in an effective manner while managing multiple issues and projects.
- Public relations experience in professional sports.
- Knowledge and passion for Major League Soccer.
- Knowledge of the Spanish language is a plus.
Please apply directly on our site at the link below:
When you apply for this job online, you will be required to answer the following questions:
1. Please provide a cover letter detailing why you are a fit for this position.
2. Do you have a minimum of five years of experience in public relations\communications, marketing or journalism?
3. Do you have a proven track record of successfully pitching local/regional/national media?
Job Title: Manager of Digital Content
Department: Digital Media
Reports To: Director of Digital Media
FLSA Status: Exempt
The Manager of Digital Content will serve as the primary generator and editor of the day-to-day editorial and feature content for soundersfc.com. The ideal candidate will have relevant writing and/or reporting experience, the ability to generate compelling story ideas and deliver content across multiple platforms on tight deadlines.
A passion for soccer and an aptitude to creatively articulate the game and its associated elements is expected, as is basic familiarity with Major League Soccer and its historic and contemporary storylines.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
As directed by the Director of Digital Media, provide features and the majority of news-related content for soundersfc.com
Provide regular entries about first team practices, games, roster moves and trade possibilities, including breaking news
In collaboration with the entire Digital Media team, help create weekly editorial plans for print, social media and video needs, as well as Matchday obligations
Assist in copy editing submissions from contributing staff and freelance writers, including Matchdays and S2 Matchdays
Regularly create engaging social media posts highlighting soundersfc.com content as well as club initiatives such as ticket sales, community events and corporate partnership activations
Assist with management and execution of the club’s social media channels, including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Snapchat
Assist with content marketing idea generation, with focus on building the club brand and creating additional revenue opportunities for sponsors and partners
Provide on-camera or podcast duties, if applicable
Assist in conducting player and coach on-camera interviews at practices, games and special events (i.e. MLS SuperDraft)
Develop a strong professional relationship with players, broadcasters, media, soccer operations and front office personnel
Assist with the backend management of soundersfc.com including posting articles and videos, creating web pages, and more
Assist with organization and maintenance of digital media assets including photos and videos
Ensure consistency of tone, ‘voice’ and messaging throughout all content
Assist in tracking metrics for all content initiatives and report to the digital team to analyze and evaluate efforts
Other duties as assigned
Bachelor’s Degree in related field – i.e. marketing, journalism, multimedia, communications etc.
3-5 years’ experience managing, designing or developing content for high trafficked web property, plus at least 2 years of relevant writing or reporting experience required, ideally in major college or professional sports, preferably soccer
Strong writing background required, professional sports journalism experience preferred
Proficiency in MS Word, Adobe Creative Suite [Photoshop] and proven experience with a CMS and HTML 5 required
Proven ability to create innovative and engaging social media content
Proven ability to deliver fresh, creative content ideas and collaborate with an editorial team
Analytical, with an understanding and appetite for media analytics and placement metrics.
Organized with experience juggling multiple projects simultaneously and ability to meet and perform under tight deadlines, and to think and communicate clearly under pressure.
Spirit of teamwork, collaboration, and enthusiasm
Desire to create inclusive and cooperative work environment
Self-motivated with ability to meet tight deadlines, multi-task, deliver quality results and work well in a team environment
Positive attitude and desire to be successful while having fun within professional and team-oriented environment
Willingness and flexibility to work extended/unusual hours including weekends and holidays. Past work experience in this type of environment is considered a plus
Available traditional business hours in addition to evenings, weekends and/or holidays for games or events
Some travel required with team on a percentage of road trips for games and events
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Valid Washington State driver’s license
PHYSICAL DEMANDS The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
Seattle Sounders FC strongly supports equal employment opportunity for all applicants regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law.
YSC Academy, YSC Sports, YSC Sports Marketing and Union Youth Development are seeking a highly motivated individual to manage our digital marketing and graphic design needs. This position will require the applicant to work throughout multiple entities, such as our innovative soccer focused high school YSC Academy, the Philadelphia Union Academy, and our YSC Sports business division. The Digital Marketing Strategist will be tasked with communicating the story of these organizations as thought leaders within the sector across various mediums. The position will further require support of our business ventures at YSC Sports, including but not limited to youth soccer tournaments, adult leagues, and youth soccer supplemental training programs.
- Plan and execute all web, SEO/SEM, marketing database, email, social media and display advertising campaigns
- Design, build and maintain our social media presence
- Provide leadership for digital campaigns and platforms, such as creating tracking reports, writing copy, developing relevant content to create a consistent tone and "look and feel" with all digital elements
- Measure and report performance of all digital marketing campaigns, and assess against goals (ROI and KPIs)
- Brainstorm new and creative growth strategies
- Utilize strong analytical ability to evaluate end-to-end audience experience across multiple channels and audience touch points
- Present digital media recommendations to internal organizations (YSC Academy, YSC Sports, Philadelphia Union Academy) and liaise with external partners (Philadelphia Union, Major League Soccer)
- Evaluate emerging technologies. Provide thought leadership and perspective for adoption where appropriate
- Experience with InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop is required. HTML is a plus.
- BS/MS degree in marketing or a related field preferred
- Knowledge of and interest in American soccer
- At least 5 years in marketing with a focus on digital strategies
- Highly creative with experience in identifying target audiences and devising digital campaigns that engage, inform and motivate
- Capable of leveraging multiple social media platforms to enhance or propel digital campaigns
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Proficiency on social media platforms with the ability to track and report results
- Up-to-date with the latest trends and best practices in online marketing and measurement
Contact the TeamWorkOnline webmaster / FAQ