Current available jobs in Communications:
Columbus Crew SC Overview
Columbus Crew SC (Soccer Club) is the first club in Major League Soccer and 2015 is the organization’s 20th season. Owned and operated by Precourt Sports Ventures (PSV), it won its first MLS Cup championship in 2008, and has also won the 2002 Lamar Hunt U.S. Open Cup and MLS Supporters’ Shield titles in 2004, 2008 and 2009. 2015 is Crew SC’s 17th season at historic MAPFRE Stadium, the first soccer-specific stadium in the United States. The club was purchased by PSV on July 29, 2013 as part of the privately held investment and management firm’s sports and entertainment business enterprise.
Are you a talented journalist who wants to tackle innovative and ambitious projects while still telling stories in a digital-first environment?
Columbus Crew SC is looking for an energetic, forward-thinking storyteller who can join us in leveraging social media, video, writing and podcasts to cover our club in new ways. Your connection with viewers would carryover from content crafting to publishing – this role is a hybrid which includes some on-camera duties as well. One of the primary goals for this position is to produce content with a distinct voice to continue to increase engagement.
The position is based in Columbus, Ohio and reports to the Senior Brand Director.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
· Interview players, coaches and front office executives in a creative and engaging manner
· Conceive, write and produce original content in a variety of formats, including writing, podcasts, photos, videos and more
· Generate, execute and deliver relevant multimedia content including photo galleries, podcasts, video interviews among others
· Further Crew SC’s brand through creative and spontaneous engagements
· Conduct on-camera interviews and serve as host, co-host or reporter in weekly features
· Live tweeting Crew SC matches using a voice that distinguishes Crew SC
Required skills, experience & abilities
· Bachelor’s degree required
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Demonstrated creative writing skills and experience developing engaging content essential
· On-camera reporting and knowledge of trends in social media required
· Working knowledge of content management systems, Adobe Creative Suite, HTML and CSS is preferred
· Ability to create and maintain a unique tone on social media platforms consistent with Crew SC brand pillars
· Ability to maintain the highest level of professionalism within a professional sports environment and in media work zones
· Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously as well as meet and perform under tight deadlines
· Bilingual in English and Spanish a plus
· Ability to take initiative and work independently
· Ability to work in a collaborative environment
· Basic knowledge of Major League Soccer and the sport of soccer preferred
· Ability to work some evenings, weekends and holidays
Contact the TeamWorkOnline webmaster / FAQ