Current available jobs in Communications:
Title: On-Air Broadcaster – Multiple (Format: TV & Radio; Type: Play-by-Play & Color; Language: English, Spanish & Portuguese)
Reports to: VP of Communications
Background: Recently ranked 14th among all professional teams in North America, Orlando City Soccer Club (OCSC) is Major League Soccer’s newest expansion team. The club will begin play in MLS in 2015, becoming the league’s 21st club. The Lions’ first team set the U.S. record for best start of any professional soccer club in its first USL PRO league 100 matches (66-12-22). Orlando City has won three USL PRO regular season titles and two postseason championships. Outside of the first squad, OCSC also has a youth club, Orlando City Youth Soccer (OCYS) and a U-23 team that participates in the PDL.
Orlando City SC’s long-term aspiration is to become one of the preeminent sporting organizations in the world.
Position Summary: Orlando City SC is seeking soccer play-by-play announcers/analysts for local TV & radio broadcasts. You must be a full service broadcaster, comfortable reporting from locker rooms, editing and writing match previews and recaps, hosting talk shows and writing features for the OCSC website. Candidates must have a broad knowledge of soccer, as well as previous radio or TV soccer broadcasting experience. Advanced audio production skills required. A great storyteller with an engaging personality is preferred. Must be willing to travel to select away games.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Play-by-play/analyst for TV/radio broadcasts for all Orlando City SC games (preseason, regular season and playoffs) and contribute to pregame, halftime and postgame shows.
- Serve as host or co-host for various TV/radio content produced for OrlandoCitySC.com
- Write and edit match previews/recaps and contribute content to OrlandoCitySC.com when requested.
- Travel with the team on select away games and serve as liaison between Communications Department and the team while on the road.
- Establish a good working relationship with the team staff and players for the purposes of gathering information for the Communications Department and relaying the information to the applicable parties.
- Keep current on events and activities that impact the Club, MLS, coaches and players.
- Serve as a key ambassador for the Club with active participation in community relations programs, charitable foundation initiatives and fan development, including public speaking and personal appearances
- Provide voice-overs and host various events for communications-related needs, including ticket sales, guest service, sponsorship and marketing when requested.
- Bachelor’s degree in broadcasting, broadcast journalism, communications or related field is preferred.
- Possess a broad knowledge of soccer, as well as previous radio or TV soccer broadcasting experience.
- Excellent oral, written and interpersonal skills.
- Advanced audio production skills required.
- Highly organized and able to handle multiple projects at a time with tight deadlines.
- Must have a working knowledge of Microsoft Office products.
- Able to work independently and as part of a team.
- Able to work non-traditional hours, in non-traditional settings, within a team atmosphere.
- Must be willing to travel to select away games.
Salary: TBD – commensurate with applicant’s qualifications.
Contact the TeamWorkOnline webmaster / FAQ