Current available jobs in Communications:
» Director of Communications - New England Revolution (Foxboro, MA)
» Social Media Coordinator - Orlando City Soccer Club (Orlando, FL)
Intern Positon: ASAP - December 19th 2014
Job Title: Sports Communications Intern
Reports To: Coordinator, Sports Communications
Position Summary: This position, in sports public relations, is for an individual with strong written and verbal communications skills. The individual should possess strong time management skills and the ability to multitask. All applicants should have some knowledge of the League. The position is based in New York, New York however may require some travel.
- Compilation of daily MLS online media coverage
- Research and draft League press releases
- Compile and pitch story ideas for sports placement
- Monitor and compile biweekly report on online blog coverage of MLS
- Compile and distribute media coverage clip packets to the Board of Governors, investors and other key figures
- Management of MLS media distribution lists
- Participate in Communications department meetings and events
- Media operations at special events
- Miscellaneous departmental duties
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor’s degree - Marketing, Business, preferred
- Experience with Excel and PowerPoint a MUST
- Experience with MS SharePoint, preferred
- Passion for soccer
- Strong analytical skills
- Organization and attention to detail a MUST
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects in busy environment
When you apply for this job online, you will be required to answer the following questions:
1. Are you 18 years or Older?
2. Can you participate fulltime till December 19th, 2014?
Please apply on http://www.gillettestadium.com/job-opportunities.
The Director of Communications will manage all aspects of communications with external entities as those communications relate to public messaging. In addition to standard media communications and process management the Director of Communications will also work on other initiatives that relate to driving relevance and news creation for the New England Revolution.
Responsibilities & Accountabilities:
- Create, maintain and manage relationships between the New England Revolution and all public/private media organizations.
- Act as a liaison between media members and team, coaches and front office staff
- Create all public communications including but not limited to press releases, game notes and web stories
- Manage game day media operations
- Create news opportunities for the Revolution including but not limited to player appearances, charitable contributions, and front office stories
- Interact with team PR firm to drive high levels of returns form Revolution activity in the marketplace
- Manage relationships with local and national media partners to increase coverage and exposure for the New England Revolution
- Hire, train and manage all full or part time members (including interns) of the New England Revolution public relations team
- Manage the creation of all Revolution publications including but not limited to the Media Guide
- Act as the primary liaison between the New England Revolution and SUM/MLS on all matters related to public relations
- Special assignments and projects as business dictates
Skills, Qualifications & Experience:
- Impeccable writing and editorial skill set in order to assure all public communications from the Revolution are of the highest standard
- Strong interpersonal skills showing the ability to manage interactions between the media and members of the team, coaching staff and front office
- 3-5 years experience in a Public Relations role in Division 1 College or Professional sports
Title: Social Media Coordinator
Reports to: Director of Digital Media
Background: Orlando City Soccer Club is Major League Soccer’s newest expansion club beginning play in 2015 and has finalized plans to build a new soccer-specific stadium in downtown Orlando. The Orlando City SC organization consists of a professional team, a PDL team (Under-23) and a comprehensive youth development program (boys/girls).
Orlando City SC’s long-term aspiration is to become one of the preeminent sporting organizations in the world.
Position Summary: Orlando City SC is looking for a creative and driven Social Media Coordinator to connect and engage with our fans in a unique, meaningful way. This person knows social media inside and out, and has a proven talent for using it in a consistently effective and innovative way.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Develop and implement overall social media strategy and create effective, break-through programming features and campaigns to achieve brand and revenue goals.
- Day-to-day management of all social media channels.
- Plan and execute social media calendar to ensure consistent, compelling messaging and programming with our online community.
- Proactively drive influencer relationships and brand partnerships that can help create interesting content and engagement opportunities.
- Moderate and monitor fan conversations across all social channels.
- Work closely on execution of corporate partner initiatives to deliver value to events, sponsor activations, and promotions.
- Use data insights to help the team measure the impact and progress across all social channels.
- Develop and maintain social analytics dashboard to evaluate and shape the social media strategy against objectives.
- Guide the Club toward the most effective approaches and content per platform in order to maximize results.
- Drive traffic to www.orlandocitysc.com through effective and engaging use of content.
- Show the clubs personality and voice through daily engagement with fans across all platforms.
- A degree or diploma, or related work experience in Journalism, Communications or Marketing.
- 2-3 years of experience in social media, preferably with experience in managing multiple social accounts.
- Very experienced with analytics and driving continuous improvement in this area to ensure continual fan-focused decisions and programming.
- Strong writing and editing skills, with the proven ability to write for social media.
- Familiarity with digital trends and technology, sports and popular culture.
- An ideas person who is able to work extremely well within a team to come up with creative solutions and identify new opportunities, often in a high-pressure, fast-changing environment.
- A highly organized self-starter.
- A strong track record managing social media channels for an established brand.
- Able to work non-traditional hours, in non-traditional settings, within a team atmosphere.
- Experience with content management systems is a plus.
- Experience with social media aggregation (Coveritlive, Tint, Postano) is a plus.
- Graphic design experience is a plus.
- A sense of humor.
Salary: TBD – commensurate with applicant’s qualifications.
Contact the TeamWorkOnline webmaster / FAQ