Current available jobs in Communications:
» Communications Assistant - New York Red Bulls (Harrison, NJ)
Intern Positon: ASAP - December 19th 2014
Job Title: Sports Communications Intern
Reports To: Coordinator, Sports Communications
Position Summary: This position, in sports public relations, is for an individual with strong written and verbal communications skills. The individual should possess strong time management skills and the ability to multitask. All applicants should have some knowledge of the League. The position is based in New York, New York however may require some travel.
- Compilation of daily MLS online media coverage
- Research and draft League press releases
- Compile and pitch story ideas for sports placement
- Monitor and compile biweekly report on online blog coverage of MLS
- Compile and distribute media coverage clip packets to the Board of Governors, investors and other key figures
- Management of MLS media distribution lists
- Participate in Communications department meetings and events
- Media operations at special events
- Miscellaneous departmental duties
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor’s degree - Marketing, Business, preferred
- Experience with Excel and PowerPoint a MUST
- Experience with MS SharePoint, preferred
- Passion for soccer
- Strong analytical skills
- Organization and attention to detail a MUST
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects in busy environment
When you apply for this job online, you will be required to answer the following questions:
1. Are you 18 years or Older?
2. Can you participate fulltime till December 19th, 2014?
The New York Red Bulls are one of 19 teams that comprise the top-flight professional soccer league in the United States – Major League Soccer. On the field, the team is led by World Cup, European Championship and UEFA Champions League winner Thierry Henry and Australian World Cup star Tim Cahill. In March 2010, the Red Bulls moved into their new home, Red Bull Arena, a 25,000-seat soccer-specific stadium in Harrison, NJ, known as the top venue of its kind in the country. The Red Bulls have qualified for the MLS Cup playoffs for three straight seasons and nine of the past 10 years. The New York Red Bulls are owned by Red Bull GmbH, the world’s No. 1 energy drink maker. For more information, log onto www.newyorkredbulls.com or call 1.877.RBSOCCER.
POSITION SUMMARY: The New York Red Bulls seek a highly-motivated individual to join the club’s Communications Department on a part-time basis. This individual will help create communications and digital plans for the team’s academy, community relations and training programs arms to raise awareness of the club. This individual will also assist in a number of sports communications responsibilities and will be a point of contact for media tracking.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: (Required to perform the job)
Develop communications and digital content plans for other departments within the club (community relations, academy, training programs) and be the primary contact for requests and outreach.
Create and develop media and digital content (press releases, media website, online written content, social media)
Serve as a contact for media accreditation requests for New York Red Bulls home games and Red Bull Arena events
Oversee migration of academy and training programs content onto newyorkredbulls.com
Help develop content for NewYorkRedBulls.com
Assist in overseeing home game communications operations
Serve as a contact for media monitoring of Red Bulls coverage as well as development of monthly reports
Assist in communications pitch development and execution
Other duties as assigned by the communications department
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY:
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities
Knowledge of Microsoft Office
Fluency in Spanish would be ideal
Strong writing ability
Ability to learn multiple web platforms quickly
Able to think creatively about different storylines
- Bachelor’s degree is required
- Experience working for a professional or college sports team in team’s communications department strongly preferred
- Understanding of New York/New Jersey market strongly preferred
- Ideal candidate will be professional, motivated and enthusiastic
- Must have excellent interpersonal and external communications skills, both written and oral
- Must have the ability to communicate with all levels of an organization, from executives to interns
- Familiarity with digital platforms (eg. Drupal) and social media a plus
- Ability to maintain strong working relationships with all internal staff and management
- Must be detail-orientated, ability to handle multiple tasks in a timely and professional manner, be well organized and able to prioritize efficiently, and take initiative.
- Must have some understanding of soccer
- Must be willing to work non-traditional hours and Red Bulls match days due to the nature of professional sports
- Any combination of education, training or experience that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities.
Red Bull New York is an equal opportunity employer and we welcome applications from all backgrounds regardless of race, color, religion, sex, ancestry, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or any other classification protected by law.
Contact the TeamWorkOnline webmaster / FAQ