Current available jobs in Communications:
» Communications Manager - New England Revolution (Foxboro, MA)
» Press Coordinator - Philadelphia Union (Chester, PA)
The Manager of Communications will manage and execute public relations activities for Major League Soccer and Soccer United Marketing. This position will focus on helping enhance MLS and SUM’s position in the marketplace. This person will to craft written content to positively affect and shape the public perception of the organization while upholding its values and integrity. The position is based in New York, NY.
- Strategic writer and editor who shapes public perception of the organization while upholding its values and integrity. Writing and editing duties to include, but not limited to: press releases, executive speeches, video scripts, event programs, marketing collateral, select internal and external written communications, presentation decks, and multimedia projects.
- Follow emerging trends in soccer and incorporate them in MLS/SUM written materials.
- Steer consistent and successful messaging throughout all communications, digital and marketing platforms.
- Manage MLS feature ideas and player profile content project.
- Pitch feature ideas to editorial decision makers and secure placement.
- Serve as Communications liaison to the following groups: MLS Digital (includes MLSsoccer.com, social media department, MLS Video).
- Lead and develop a strong internal communications process to successfully navigate MLS/SUM and its large stakeholder network.
- Support Executive Vice President, Communications with interview preparation for League executives, message points, and strategic messaging.
- Build and foster collaborative relationships with other departments within the organization to stay informed of new initiatives, program and other organization wide events.
- A degree in public relations, marketing, sports administration or related field is preferred.
- Strong writing skills.
- Familiarity with current patterns and trends in digital and social media.
- A minimum of five years of experience in public relations\communications, marketing or journalism.
- Outstanding verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced media environment and make quick decisions using sound judgment.
- Must be able to travel and be available to work during evenings and weekends when needed.
- Exceptional project management skills with ability to manage people/projects, delegate responsibility and provide follow-through on multiple projects.
- Individual must be detail-oriented and a self-starter.
- Ability to anticipate problems and identify opportunities.
- Ability to think strategically, creatively, and in an effective manner while managing multiple issues and projects.
- Public relations experience in professional sports.
- Knowledge and passion for Major League Soccer.
- Knowledge of the Spanish language is a plus.
Please apply directly on our site at the link below:
When you apply for this job online, you will be required to answer the following questions:
1. Please provide a cover letter detailing why you are a fit for this position.
2. Do you have a minimum of five years of experience in public relations\communications, marketing or journalism?
3. Do you have a proven track record of successfully pitching local/regional/national media?
Please apply on our website: http://www.gillettestadium.com/job-opportunities.
The Communications Manager will manage all aspects of the New England Revolution's day-to-day media relations and communications efforts, including all team information. This position will work daily with the diverse New England and national media (print, radio, television and digital), as well as various internal and Major League Soccer departments, to raise awareness of the club.
RESPONSIBILITIES & ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Manage the execution of the day-to-day media relations duties for the Revolution, including but not limited to the development and publication of team's press materials (weekly updates, press releases, game notes, statistics and records, game program and other communications collateral), the coordination of player/staff interviews and selected press events for the first team, reserves and youth teams
- Supervise game day media operations, including managing staff, and service the home and visiting media
- Work closely with the team's broadcast partners to develop content for programming
- Supervise development of media archival resources, including photo, clip and video banks
- Work with team's public relations agency of record on additional publicity opportunities as needed
- Collaborate with team's digital staff to develop content to revolutionsoccer.net and other digital properties (official blog, social media platforms, etc.)
- Liaise with MLS Communications Department and other MLS club PR departments as needed
- Team travel (both domestic and international) will be required as dictated by the organization and communications staff's schedule
- Other projects and assignments as business dictates
The Press Coordinator is part of the Communications Department, acting as main liaison and information conduit between Team and Front Office.
- Maintain open lines of communication and transfer of information between Front Office and Technical Staff/Players
- Travel with team and fulfill duties needed for road games
- Coordination with opposing teams and broadcast, game recap, stats, player interviews, post game interviews, etc.
- Work with Communications Team to generate and pitch creative content ideas for philadelphiaunion.com and local and national media outlets
- Write press releases; coordinate weekly Team Manager press conference and player previews
- Provide weekly reports/information: game notes, injury report, and roster information
- Player appearance request review and coordination with players, internal departments and outside requestors
- Strong interpersonal, writing and communication skills - able to work with varied personalities in professional manner
- Ability to take initiative and work independently while contributing to overall organizational goals and priorities
- Knowledge of soccer and MLS
- Spanish language skills a plus
Contact the TeamWorkOnline webmaster / FAQ