Current available jobs in Communications:
» Freelance Writer/Columnist (OrlandoCitySC.com) - Orlando City Soccer Club (Orlando, FL)
» Senior Manager, Media Relaitons - San Jose Earthquakes (San Jose, CA)
LAFC Supporter Relations - Los Angeles Football Club (Los Angeles, CA)
The “LAFC Supporter Relations” position will be the face of LAFC and will act as an ambassador on behalf of the brand to the wider Los Angeles area and beyond. This person will be responsible for listening and engaging in conversation with LAFC Originals and Supporters Groups, as well as potential fans and community members.
· Liaison to our fans and to the LA community via regular communications and meetings – online and off. This person will be the point of contact for fans and Supporters Groups and they should be able to identify the best opportunities to leverage senior management and ownership to grow our network and awareness in the community.
· Work in tandem on camera with the LAFC Documentarian to generate content for LAFC digital and social properties.
· Elicit input on all franchise matters from fans and community stakeholders.
· Work with Supporters Groups to organize private meetings with club leadership and public events to grow community support.
· Serve as person on the street and in soccer bars and pubs, spreading the word on behalf of LAFC.
· Work side-by-side with LAFC staff to ensure that key moments are publicized in advance and/or shared via social media, mailing lists, website.
• A Good Listener.
• Multilingual a plus.
• EA Sports "FIFA" Aficionado.
• MLS Fan.
• Significant playing experience preferred (ie a minimum of NCAA or other high level amateur club/organization) - You MUST have walked the walk, so you can talk the talk.
• Outgoing, Self-Starter, Articulate, Good Listener, Passionate, Creative, Born Leader.
• Did we mention - A Good Listener!
Background: Recently ranked 14th among all professional teams in North America, Orlando City Soccer Club (OCSC) is Major League Soccer’s newest expansion club set to debut in 2015. The Lions’ first team set the U.S. record for best start of any professional soccer club in its first USL PRO league 100 matches (66-12-22). Orlando City has won three USL PRO regular season titles and two postseason championships. Outside of the first squad, OCSC also has a youth club, Orlando City Youth Soccer (OCYS) and a U-23 team that participates in the PDL.
Orlando City SC’s long-term aspiration is to become one of the preeminent sporting organizations in the world.
Position Summary: Orlando City SC is seeking hardworking, positive, and passionate individuals to help build our content offering on OrlandoCitySC.com. We are looking for writers with experience in the digital medium who can produce content on a strict deadline on a weekly basis. This position needs to be able to bring story ideas to the table, think freely, but also be able to complete stories assigned to them. Assignment frequency and payment will be negotiated according to skill and experience. Non-local applicants will be considered.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Write in-depth stories, columns, and breaking news stories for OrlandoCitySC.com.
- Develop story/column ideas and present them on a weekly basis.
- Edit, fact check, and proofread your own stories, but also provide changes after review from Director.
- Experience covering soccer and knowledge of the history of Orlando City SC, as well as current standing.
- Strong understanding of Major League Soccer required.
- Examples of previous work.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Availability to work nights, holidays, and weekends.
- High attention to detail and organization.
- Proficient with Microsoft Word, Google Drive and Google Docs.
TBD – commensurate with applicant’s qualifications.
San Jose Earthquakes
JOB TITLE: Senior Manager of Media Relations
SUPERVISOR: VP of Marketing/Communications
The Senior Manager of Media Relations will oversee the public relations and media relations for the San Jose Earthquakes. This person will be responsible for developing the public relations and strategy for the organization. The Senior Manager of Media Relations will oversee day-to-day media relations tasks, while also working with media to better increase coverage for the club, composing press releases, creating new ways to publicize the team, etc. The person will likely attend practice on a regularly and travel with the team on preseason trips and team road trips. The person will also be expected to oversee the media relations game day staff.
- Develop a public relations strategy for the organization.
- Maximize PR opportunities for the organization, including both soccer and non-soccer specific stories.
- Serve as contact for day-to-day media inquiries.
- Serve as main contact for local and national broadcasters and provide them with key information about the Earthquakes.
- Build/maintain relationships with Bay Area media, beat reporters who cover the Earthquakes, as well as national and international soccer media.
- Create content for various Earthquakes publications, i.e. game program, website and media guide.
- Pitch stories to national and local media.
- Oversee press box operations on game day.
- Proactively communicate day-to-day with media about coverage opportunities, including practice, pre-game stories, game storylines, community relations events, etc.
- Responsible for credential and game-day media relations needs w/assistance from interns
- Work game days (press operations set-up, write game recaps, obtain player quotes, etc.)
- Serve as media representative on road trips and at preseason training camps.
- Work with Digital Content Manager and Multimedia Coordinator with development content for website, twitter, Facebook and other New Media to help publicize the team.
- Contribute content for team website and social media channels as needed - blogs, audio video and photos.
- Serve as main archivist for Earthquakes historical items.
- Other duties as assigned.
SKILLS AND REQUIREMENTS
- BA/BS degree.
- At least three years experience of public relations experience.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Fluency in Spanish preferred.
- Ability to work flexible hours, including but not limited to evenings, weekends and holidays.
- Prior experience with posting content on websites and social media sites.
- Experience in a management role.
Contact the TeamWorkOnline webmaster / FAQ