Current available jobs in Communications:
» Digital Content Coordinator - Portland Timbers (Portland, OR)
Title: On-Air Broadcaster – Multiple (Format: TV & Radio; Type: Play-by-Play & Color; Language: English, Spanish & Portuguese)
Reports to: VP of Communications
Background: Recently ranked 14th among all professional teams in North America, Orlando City Soccer Club (OCSC) is Major League Soccer’s newest expansion team. The club will begin play in MLS in 2015, becoming the league’s 21st club. The Lions’ first team set the U.S. record for best start of any professional soccer club in its first USL PRO league 100 matches (66-12-22). Orlando City has won three USL PRO regular season titles and two postseason championships. Outside of the first squad, OCSC also has a youth club, Orlando City Youth Soccer (OCYS) and a U-23 team that participates in the PDL.
Orlando City SC’s long-term aspiration is to become one of the preeminent sporting organizations in the world.
Position Summary: Orlando City SC is seeking soccer play-by-play announcers/analysts for local TV & radio broadcasts. You must be a full service broadcaster, comfortable reporting from locker rooms, editing and writing match previews and recaps, hosting talk shows and writing features for the OCSC website. Candidates must have a broad knowledge of soccer, as well as previous radio or TV soccer broadcasting experience. Advanced audio production skills required. A great storyteller with an engaging personality is preferred. Must be willing to travel to select away games.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Play-by-play/analyst for TV/radio broadcasts for all Orlando City SC games (preseason, regular season and playoffs) and contribute to pregame, halftime and postgame shows.
- Serve as host or co-host for various TV/radio content produced for OrlandoCitySC.com
- Write and edit match previews/recaps and contribute content to OrlandoCitySC.com when requested.
- Travel with the team on select away games and serve as liaison between Communications Department and the team while on the road.
- Establish a good working relationship with the team staff and players for the purposes of gathering information for the Communications Department and relaying the information to the applicable parties.
- Keep current on events and activities that impact the Club, MLS, coaches and players.
- Serve as a key ambassador for the Club with active participation in community relations programs, charitable foundation initiatives and fan development, including public speaking and personal appearances
- Provide voice-overs and host various events for communications-related needs, including ticket sales, guest service, sponsorship and marketing when requested.
- Bachelor’s degree in broadcasting, broadcast journalism, communications or related field is preferred.
- Possess a broad knowledge of soccer, as well as previous radio or TV soccer broadcasting experience.
- Excellent oral, written and interpersonal skills.
- Advanced audio production skills required.
- Highly organized and able to handle multiple projects at a time with tight deadlines.
- Must have a working knowledge of Microsoft Office products.
- Able to work independently and as part of a team.
- Able to work non-traditional hours, in non-traditional settings, within a team atmosphere.
- Must be willing to travel to select away games.
Salary: TBD – commensurate with applicant’s qualifications.
DIGITAL CONTENT COORDINATOR, PORTLAND TIMBERS
Description: As a Digital Content Coordinator, you will coordinate digital efforts related to the Timbers team that begins play in 2015. The position requires working closely with the Broadcast, Marketing and Communications departments.You will report directly to the Director of Broadcasting. This position will be required to be present at all Portland Timbers home matches and Providence Park events as scheduled.
- Bachelors or four year college degree
- Minimum of four to six years of experience working in similar field or position
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Superior organizational habits and ability to manage multiple projects
- Strong attention to detail and ability to work within a team environment
- Considerable knowledge of soccer
- Proficiency in Adobe Premiere, Media Encoder, and Photoshop
- Experience working in sports organization preferred
Produce game web streams and coordinate with production crew
Work with internal sponsorship staff on insertion of all ads and sponsored features in Timbers web streams
Contribute to development/execution of Timbers digital content strategy
Collaborate on Timbers social media messaging (FB + Twitter)
Contribute written content to Timbers website
Post digital content to website as needed
Compensation: Competitive package with salary, bonus opportunities and benefits
About Us: The Portland Timbers enter their fifth season in Major League Soccer (MLS) in 2015. As the league’s 18th team that began competing in MLS in 2011, the Timbers play their home games at Providence Park, an approximately 21,000-seat stadium in downtown Portland. The Timbers have sold out every regular-season game since joining MLS, a streak of 68 consecutive matches and counting as the club enters the 2015 MLS season.
Portland Thorns FC enter their third season in the National Women’s Soccer League (NWSL) in 2015. Thorns FC won the inaugural NWSL Championship in 2013 and have led the way in NWSL attendance in each of their two seasons, drawing more than 13,000 fans per game at Providence Park in downtown Portland. The Thorns FC roster features some of the biggest names in women’s soccer, including U.S. stars Alex Morgan and Tobin Heath, University of Portland grad and Canadian international Christine Sinclair, and 2013 FIFA Player of the Year and German international Nadine Angerer.
On Oct. 14, 2014, the Portland Timbers announced the formation of T2, a professional team that will compete in USL PRO, a division of US Soccer below MLS. T2 will begin competing in USL PRO during the 2015 season and play their home games at Merlo Field on the campus of the University of Portland.
Peregrine Sports LLC., is an equal opportunity employer of all protected classes, including veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Contact the TeamWorkOnline webmaster / FAQ