Current available jobs in Communications:
» Digital Strategist - Philadelphia Union (Chester, PA)
» Communications Coordinator - Seattle Sounders FC (Seattle, WA)
The LA Galaxy is seeking a Digital Associate to manage all LA Galaxy II content development and web assets as well as creating and executing a robost social plan across LA Galaxy II’s Facebook, Twitter and Instagram pages. Additionally, the Digital Associate will assist with day-to-day digital and social functions for lagalaxy.com and the club’s first team social media channels. Applicants must have a strong work ethic, good time management skills and the desire to expand their knowledge and sports business experience.
- Manage all LA Galaxy II content development and web assets
- Manage all LA Galaxy II social channels including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Snapchat
- Update and maintain lagalaxy.com
- Build and create engaging content around LA Galaxy, LA Galaxy II and LA Galaxy Academy
- Assist with the management of stubhubcenter.com and StubHub Center social channels including Facebook, Twitter and Instagram
- Assist with the management of LA Galaxy social channels including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Snapchat
- Research and identify digital trends and best practices
- Edit and maintain a robust content calendar for LA Galaxy II
- Edit, proof read and craft copy for lagalaxy.com and stubhubcenter.com
Required Qualifications (Job Knowledge, Skills, and Education):
- A minimum education level of: High School Diploma or its equivalency (Bachelor of Arts/Sciences Degree Preferred) Part-time student Preferred
Area of Study:
- Years of related work experience: At least 1 year of experience in field preferred.
Preferred Qualifications (if applicable):
- Basic understanding of Drupal content management system
- Experience working in a digital ecosystem
- Understanding of various social media channels
- Strong written communication skills
- Ability to edit, proof read and craft copy
- Strong analysis, problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- Must be self-motivated and have strong verbal and written communication skills
- Must be well organized and detailed oriented
- Knowledge of HTML, Photoshop and Adobe
- Understanding of the game of Soccer and Major League Soccer
- Manage Paid Media Strategy
- Paid search
- Paid social media ticket promotions
- Content amplification
- Programmatic advertising
- Provide recommendations based on weekly/monthly learnings
- Drive Social and Web Performance
- Develop audience/traffic growth and engagement strategies for Social Media and PhiladephiaUnion.com
- Develop weekly/monthly analytics reports that monitor content performance
- Provide recommendations based on weekly/monthly learnings
- Manage PhiladelphiaUnion.com
- Posting of articles, videos, galleries, etc.
- Creation of new pages for promotions, content, etc. utilizing HTML, CSS
- Drive lead generation promotions
- Lead the Digital Team
- Manage a Social Media Coordinator and a Content Manager
- Ensure all project timelines/deadlines are achieved
- Oversee fulfillment of Corporate Partner digital obligations
- Serve as the club liaison for MLS corporate offices
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications or Journalism
- Experience: 2-4 years of digital marketing/website management: experience in paid media, content creation, analytics and overall website management
- Excellent analytical skills; ability to develop insights
- Must have experience of Drupal - HTML required, CSS a plus
- Understand current digital marketing industry/trends
- Experience with Google Analytics and other tools such as Shareablee, CrowdTangle and native Facebook/Twitter insights
- Experience in building and tracking paid marketing campaigns
- Strong organizational and time/project management skills. Must be able to meet multiple deadlines at once
- Must be able to work nights and weekends
- Knowledge of soccer and MLS a plus
If selected for employment with the Philadelphia Union you will be required to provide the following clearances:
- PA Child Abuse History clearance
- PA State Police Criminal Records Check
- FBI Criminal Background Check
We offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes medical, vision and dental coverage, an employer-matched 401(k) plan, Life Insurance, Disability, a merchandise discount, 24/7 Fitness Center, and much more!
Job Title: Communications Coordinator
Reports To: Senior Director of Communications
FLSA Status: Exempt
Seattle Sounders FC is seeking a communications and media services professional to join the club’s Communications Department, serving as the organization’s Communications Coordinator. Central to this role is the development of media relationships and the pitching and placement of key storylines, with an emphasis on serving as communications lead for Sounders FC 2, the club’s USL side. This position also plays a key role in supporting First Team media operations. The Communications Coordinator helps to manage the public-facing voice and tone of the organization, and must effectively engage with the club’s existing media core, while also fostering new relationships on behalf of Sounders FC. As part of Sounders FC Communications, this role works closely with the organization’s executives, technical staff and player personnel, and reports to the club’s Senior Director of Communications.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· The Communications Coordinator position is a public-facing role for Seattle Sounders FC, and supports all aspects of the club’s Communications Department, with a lead role in the drafting and creation of numerous written assets, including player bios, game notes, press releases, the team’s hard-copy media guide and other key assignments.
· This position serves as the primary contact for Sounders FC 2, the club’s United Soccer League team that aids in the development of First Team MLS players. The Communications Coordinator fields all S2-related press inquiries, player appearances and media accreditation needs for USL contests at Starfire stadium.
· Crafts communications campaigns to garner publicity for S2 and the club’s related efforts – i.e. community relations initiatives, corporate partnership campaigns, club and player national awards, etc.
· Role serves as the primary departmental contact for the USL League Office and league-mandated initiatives.
· Primary stakeholder for visiting PR staffs, in addition to broadcast and digital requests surrounding S2 home matches at Starfire Stadium.
· Primary interdepartmental liaison for S2 player appearances in the community and at corporate partner events. This role also serves as traveling PR contact for USL matches, when needed.
· In addition to S2 duties, this position works in a supporting role on First Team matchdays at CenturyLink Field, helping to coordinate the club’s matchday PR staff and onsite media operations – i.e. accreditation, press work areas, pre and post-match interviews, media backdrops, etc.
· Effectively manage relationships with key media constituents and community stakeholders on behalf of the club, including print, online, radio and television affiliates.
· Effectively collaborate with Sounders FC Ownership, Soccer Operations, Business Operations, Corporate Partnerships, Marketing, HR, Ticket Sales and Services to ensure the delivery of timely and collaborative announcements and media pitches that meet club-wide objectives.
· Working with the club’s Communications Managers, oversee the organization’s existing suite of media monitoring tools and analytics, compiling monthly, quarterly and annual reports to inform and educate internal stakeholders on goal-tracking, media trends and growth opportunities.
· Manage and develop the club’s media analytics to actively seek out new opportunities that can be used to enhance corporate partnerships, increase relevance and drive engagement.
· Using aforementioned media analytics, actively seek out new opportunities that can be used to increase press awareness and drive engagement, gage media relevance regionally and nationally, etc.
· Effectively work with other members of Sounders FC Communications and internal club personnel, while making efficient use of both internal and external contributors. This group includes Sounders FC’s Senior Director of Communications, two Communications Managers and a variety of matchday staff members and freelancers.
· Work professionally with Soccer Operations staff and player personnel when necessary, always exercising the utmost professionalism and discretion surrounding the team.
· Work non-matchday media events on behalf of Sounders FC – i.e. special events inside The Ninety (the club’s Pioneer Square event space), offside media visits, civic activations, press stunts, etc.
· Other duties may be assigned as needed.
· This role is expected to work all Sounders FC 2 home matches at Starfire Stadium throughout the USL season and most of Sounders FC’s MLS contests at CenturyLink Field.
· Oversee S2 matchday press operations, including press box management, photographer oversight, statistics crews, player and coach access, post-match interviews, etc.
· Support First Team matchday press operations, including media accreditation, press work areas, pre and post-match interviews, media backdrops, etc.
· Showcase Sounders FC to key media stakeholders and special guests on matchdays.
· Ability to draft time-sensitive announcements and content as needed.
· A minimum of 1-2 years of work experience in communications – i.e. traditional sports PR or agency work, news, digital media, entertainment, or another related area of expertise. A background in soccer or affinity for the sport is strongly preferred.
· An understanding of the game of soccer, MLS and Seattle Sounders FC is desirable.
· Bachelor’s Degree in related field – i.e. communications, marketing, journalism, etc.
· Experience working within a small internal team or department, whether in a PR agency, news, sports, entertainment, etc.
· Strong communications and leadership skills, with excellent editorial and copyediting abilities, in addition to experience with media relations and story placements.
· Ability to maintain highest level of professionalism within a professional team environment and in media work zones.
· Highly analytical, with an appetite for media analytics and placement metrics.
· Experience managing media relationships and editorial processes.
· Organized with experience juggling multiple projects simultaneously and ability to meet and perform under tight deadlines, and to think clearly under pressure.
· A team player who thrives in a collaborative environment.
· Excellent cultural fit with the values of the organization, with a prior history of community involvement desired.
· Willingness to work flexible hours, including but not limited to evenings, weekends, holidays and travel to road games (if required).
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Valid Washington State driver’s license.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
Seattle Sounders FC strongly supports equal employment opportunity for all applicants regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.