Current available jobs in Communications:
» Manager, Communications - Major League Soccer (New York, NY)
» Coordinator, Media Relations - San Jose Earthquakes (San Jose, c)
We’re looking for a dynamic and driven social media professional to join our social media team on a part-time basis. If you have a commanding knowledge of MLS and North American soccer, write and speak exceptional Spanish, love to create content, enjoy engaging on social media platforms, and have the ability analyze and act on social data and trends, this is the job for you!
Our goal is to grow the volume of Spanish-language content on MLS social media platforms, engagement more significantly with our Spanish-speaking audience, and increase consumption of MLS programming across all platforms.
Provide social media coverage and broadcast support for MLS matches and various National Team games.
Post content to MLS social media channels, in particular on Facebook and Twitter.
Elevate the profiles of key MLS players through content creation and distribution.
Monitor and engage in conversations with Clubs, fans, players, broadcast partners and media across all social platforms.
Coordinate the distribution and publication of content with futbolMLS.com editors and MLS Social Media team.
Manage breaking news and announcements.
Build programming plans for MLS Digital to execute with players on emerging platforms including Snapchat, Periscope and Facebook.
Evening and weekend hours will be required.
Excellent written and oral communications skills in both Spanish and English.
Attention to detail.
Passion for, and knowledge of, MLS and North American soccer.
Experience with Hootsuite, Photoshop, Adobe After Effects & Premiere and other layer-based design programs, preferable.
Experience posting to social media channels on behalf of a team, business or corporate entity.
Bachelor's degree in Communications, Marketing, Media or related fields preferable.
The Manager of Communications will manage and execute public relations activities for Major League Soccer and Soccer United Marketing. This position will focus on helping enhance MLS and SUM’s position in the marketplace. This person will to craft written content to positively affect and shape the public perception of the organization while upholding its values and integrity. The position is based in New York, NY.
- Strategic writer and editor who shapes public perception of the organization while upholding its values and integrity. Writing and editing duties to include, but not limited to: press releases, executive speeches, video scripts, event programs, marketing collateral, select internal and external written communications, presentation decks, and multimedia projects.
- Follow emerging trends in soccer and incorporate them in MLS/SUM written materials.
- Steer consistent and successful messaging throughout all communications, digital and marketing platforms.
- Manage MLS feature ideas and player profile content project.
- Pitch feature ideas to editorial decision makers and secure placement.
- Serve as Communications liaison to the following groups: MLS Digital (includes MLSsoccer.com, social media department, MLS Video).
- Lead and develop a strong internal communications process to successfully navigate MLS/SUM and its large stakeholder network.
- Support Executive Vice President, Communications with interview preparation for League executives, message points, and strategic messaging.
- Build and foster collaborative relationships with other departments within the organization to stay informed of new initiatives, program and other organization wide events.
- A degree in public relations, marketing, sports administration or related field is preferred.
- Strong writing skills.
- Familiarity with current patterns and trends in digital and social media.
- A minimum of five years of experience in public relations\communications, marketing or journalism.
- Outstanding verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced media environment and make quick decisions using sound judgment.
- Must be able to travel and be available to work during evenings and weekends when needed.
- Exceptional project management skills with ability to manage people/projects, delegate responsibility and provide follow-through on multiple projects.
- Individual must be detail-oriented and a self-starter.
- Ability to anticipate problems and identify opportunities.
- Ability to think strategically, creatively, and in an effective manner while managing multiple issues and projects.
- Public relations experience in professional sports.
- Knowledge and passion for Major League Soccer.
- Knowledge of the Spanish language is a plus.
Please apply directly on our site at the link below:
When you apply for this job online, you will be required to answer the following questions:
1. Please provide a cover letter detailing why you are a fit for this position.
2. Do you have a minimum of five years of experience in public relations\communications, marketing or journalism?
3. Do you have a proven track record of successfully pitching local/regional/national media?
JOB TITLE: Coordinator, Media Relations
SUPERVISOR: Manager, Media Relations
The Coordinator, Media Relations will report to the Manager, Media Relations. This person will work closely with the Manager to set the strategic direction for the media relations department. The Coordinator, Media Relations will oversee day-to-day media relations tasks, while also working with media to better increase coverage for the club, composing press releases, creating new ways to publicize the team, etc. The person will likely attend practice on a regular basis and travel with the team on preseason trips and team road trips. The person will also work with the digital team on content, web page creation and social media initiatives.
- Assist with PR opportunities for the organization, including both soccer and non-soccer specific stories.
- Write and edit press releases, weekly notes, game notes, etc.
- Serve as a contact for day-to-day media inquiries.
- Help local and national broadcasters and provide them with key information about the Earthquakes.
- Build/maintain relationships with local media, beat reporters who cover the Earthquakes, as well as national and international soccer media.
- Write content for Earthquakes publications, i.e. game program, website and media guide.
- Assist with content creation for team website and social media channels as needed – articles, blogs, video and photos. Create and publish web pages.
- Attend content meetings with marketing and digital staff.
- Work with Manager, Communications to proactively reach out to media about coverage opportunities, including practice, pre-game stories, game storylines, community relations events, etc.
- Responsible for credential and game-day media relations needs.
- Work game days (press operations set-up, write game recaps, obtain player quotes, social media posts, digital content, etc.)
- Serve as media representative on road trips and at preseason training camps.
- Other duties as assigned.
SKILLS AND REQUIREMENTS
- BA/BS degree.
- At least two years experience of public relations experience.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Fluency in Spanish preferred.
- Ability to work flexible hours, including but not limited to evenings, weekends and holidays.
- Prior experience with posting content on websites and social media sites.
Contact the TeamWorkOnline webmaster / FAQ