Current available jobs in Communications:
» Head of Communications - Orlando City Soccer Club (Orlando, FL)
Photography Intern - LA Galaxy
We are looking for a creative, highly motivated, aspiring sports photographer with a passion for soccer. The selected intern will assist team photographers with overall team photography as needed, learning valuable professional practices and procedures. Intern will also gain real world experience as a sports photographer by assisting with LA Galaxy's captioning, key wording, cataloging, and transmitting system. Intern will be given approximately 10-20 hours of experience per week.
- Valuable, real world sports photography experience
- Greater understanding of professional photography practices
- Internship credit
- Exposure to potential freelance opportunities
- Possible portfolio building
- Recommendation possible
Responsibilities and areas of learning will include the following:
- Limited game action photography of LA Galaxy home games
- Game action photography of LA Galaxy II games
- General photography of LA Galaxy training sessions
- Digital image editing (Adobe Lightroom & Photoshop)
- Digital image captioning, key-wording, and transmitting
- Assisting team photographers with various game day photography projects
- Coordination with LA Galaxy Digital Department for delivery of live and archived photography content
Requirements and Qualifications:
- Digital SLR and telephoto lens
- Experience using and knowledge of dslr camera
- Portfolio or samples of previous work
- Familiarity of Adobe Photoshop and/or Adobe Lightroom preferred, not required
- Available for all LA Galaxy home games (5-7 hours)
- Minimum 1 day per week in LA Galaxy communications department (Photography & Editing)
- Available for a selection of LA Galaxy II home games (3-4 hours)
**(Exact Title TBD depending upon applicant qualifications)**
Background: Orlando City Soccer Club is Major League Soccer’s newest expansion club beginning play in 2015 and has finalized plans to build a new soccer-specific stadium in downtown Orlando. The Orlando City SC organization consists of a professional team, a PDL team (Under-23) and a comprehensive youth development program (boys/girls).
Orlando City SC’s long-term aspiration is to become one of the preeminent sporting organizations in the world.
Position Summary: We are currently seeking a communications professional who is ready to take the journey with Orlando City SC as we enter MLS next year. This is an integral role in the marketing and communications department that will help shape the club’s identity from the beginning. If you’re an experienced P.R. professional who also has an unconventional side, we want to hear from you.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
• Oversee the overall communications strategy for all Orlando City SC initiatives, including reputation management, crisis communications and day-to-day activities
• Maintain and nurture relationships with local, national and international press (English and Spanish-language)
• Manage incoming interview requests
• Craft pitches for placement of stories about the team, players, executives, etc.
• Oversee media operations on matchday and Orlando City SC events: press box operations and check-in, game notes, match recaps, etc.
• Contribute & oversee content creation on Orlando City SC media properties including: OrlandoCitySC.com, OrlandoCityYouth.org, social media and matchday publications
• Foster relationships with other departments to stay informed of new initiatives
• Bachelor's degree in public relations, journalism, marketing communications, or related field
• Familiarity with current patterns and trends in digital and social media
• A minimum of five years of experience in public relations/communications, journalism, or marketing
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and make quick decisions using sound judgment
• Extensive media contacts and demonstrated ability to place stories
• Ability to establish effective working relationships with a variety of media and community contacts (such as newspapers, TV, radio, social media, etc...)
• Ability to speak in public forums
• Must be able to travel and be available to work during evenings and weekends when needed
• Exceptional project management skills with ability to manage people/projects, delegate responsibility and provide follow-through on multiple projects
• Individual must be detail-oriented and a self-starter
• Ability to anticipate problems and identify opportunities to build\protect the Orlando City brand
• Ability to think strategically, creatively, and in an effective manner while managing multiple issues and projects
• Public relations experience in professional sports
• Familiarity with the Orlando media market as well as national sports contacts
• Knowledge and passion for Major League Soccer
• Knowledge of Spanish and Portuguese is a plus
Salary: TBD – commensurate with applicant’s qualifications.
Contact the TeamWorkOnline webmaster / FAQ