Current available jobs in Administration/General Management:
» Executive Assistant - Minnesota United FC (Golden Valley, MN)
» Office Manager - New York City FC (New York, NY)
The Dynamo Receptionist is the first line of communication with Dynamo customers as well as internal staff. It is essential for the Receptionist to clearly communicate and staff appropriate areas in order for the business to be ran at the most efficient level as possible. The Receptionist will assist with other departments when applicable.
ESSENTIAL RECEPTIONIST DUTIES:
- Welcomes visitors by greeting, directing and announcing them appropriately.
- Maintains security by following procedures; monitoring logbook; issuing visitor badges.
- Answer, screen and forward all incoming phone calls while providing basic information when needed.
- Maintains telecommunication system by following manufacturer's instructions for house phone and console operation.
- Maintains safe and clean reception area by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Receive and sort daily mail/deliveries/couriers
- Perform other clerical receptionist duties such as filing, photocopying, collating, faxing etc.
QUALIFICATIONS, EDUCATION, FORMAL TRAINING, AND EXPEREINCE
- Proven working experience in a front office handling receptionist responsibilities
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite
- Professional appearance
- Solid communication skills both written and verbal
- Ability to be resourceful and proactive in dealing with issues that may arise
- Ability to organize, multitask, prioritize and work under pressure
- High school degree
- Bilingual English and Spanish required.
- Flexible hours required. Working evenings/nights, weekends and holidays.
- This role is a part-time position that will require a flexible schedule and availability. MUST be available to work between the hours of 8:30am-5:30pm Monday through Friday and some weekends when needed (20-30hrs per week).
When you apply for this job online, you will be required to answer the following questions:
1. Do you have proven working experience in a front office handling receptionist responsibilities?
2. Are you bilingual, English and Spanish?
Soccer is the global game and the fastest growing sport in the country, and Minnesota United FC (MNUFC) is at the center of growth of the game in the Twin Cities and greater Minnesota. MNUFC is dedicated to growing professional soccer in Minnesota—2017 marks MNUFC’s inaugural season in Major League Soccer. Our position as a growing sports franchise creates a unique atmosphere where "start-up" meets pro sports team. In addition to our fast-paced environment with hard-working, collegial, energetic coworkers, we offer generous benefits, a forward-thinking culture, and the opportunity for career growth. We value creativity, dedication, curiosity, diversity, knowledge, and confidence.
The Executive Assistant is a full-time position, where the primary focus is assisting and supporting executive-level leadership. This person will be responsible for handling a wide variety of administrative tasks in order to ensure that senior management is operating efficiently and effectively.
· Schedule appointments and effectively manage executive calendars
· Manage marketing and communications calendar
· Serve as liaison to VIPs at Minnesota United events and home games
· Coordinate travel and related accommodations for executives and business guests
· Draft written email responses and handle phone calls with a high level of attention to detail
· Draft routine correspondence
· Organize, update, and maintain files and assist in general office organization
· Maintain a high level of confidentiality relating to the company and employees
· Facilitate department activities and communications
· Assist with special projects or other duties as assigned
· Bachelor’s degree preferred
· Prior administrative experience in a professional environment
· Excellent organizational skills with a high level of attention to detail
· Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
· Able to work efficiently in a high energy, fast paced environment
· Team player with a positive attitude, self-confidence, professionalism, resourcefulness, integrity, motivation, and a very strong work ethic
· Ability to handle confidential information and projects with professionalism and discretion
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office
· Must be able to work flexible hours, including evenings, weekends, and holidays (including game days)
When you apply for this job online, you will be required to answer the following questions:
1. Do you have a Bachelor's degree from a four-year college or university in related field?
2. Do you have prior administrative experience in a professional environment?
3. Are you able to work flexible hours, including evenings, weekends, game days, and holidays?
JOB TITLE: Office Manager
DEPARTMENT: Infrastructure Services
REPORTING TO: Director, Infrastructure Services
LOCATION: New York, NY
NEW YORK CITY FOOTBALL CLUB OVERVIEW:
As the 20th member of Major League Soccer, NYCFC strives to be the new benchmark for professional soccer in the United States. With the support of majority owner City Football Group (owners of Manchester City, Melbourne City and Yokohama F Marinos) as well as minority owner, the New York Yankees, NYCFC will kick off the third season in club history in 2017 at Yankee Stadium.
The Office Manager is responsible for the management and delivery of all office services and processes that support the operation of the Manhattan Office and ensuring exceptional organizational effectiveness and efficiency consistent with that of the wider group (CFG) facility management standards. In addition to providing exceptional customer service as the first point of contact to the NYCFC Front Office, a key element of the role is to ensure the highest standards of safety and operational support for NYCFC’s employees and guests at all times.
The role will oversee all activities related to the office space and will be required to stay updated with all building related code requirements whilst working as part of the club’s Infrastructure team to develop, implement and evaluate all facility management policies, procedures and functions.
This position is required to interface exceptionally well with all local and group (CFG) employees, external parties including contractors, partners and general guests to promote the business in a positive professional manner at all times.
The role also includes supporting the Director, Infrastructure Services with planning, implementing and delivering capital projects.
- To provide office services which enable the efficient and effective operation of the office and front of house reception services including managing visitors, answering calls, dealing with correspondence and inquiries and managing the provision of office supplies/equipment in line with NYCFC’s procurement and finance policies whilst ensuring the security, integrity and confidentiality of data.
- To be responsible for maintaining all office assets including scheduling repairs, improvement works, services and liaising with the IT department to resolve any office issues quickly whilst providing front line support.
- To ensure the efficient delivery of the facilities management services in relation to cleaning, front of house, health and safety compliance, catering, building and equipment maintenance, security and energy management of the office (by setting and monitoring performance indicators, and delivering improvements in the quality of the facilities management services delivered in the office.
- Support all departments to induct and educate all new NYCFC employees by way of administration of NOPs, EAPs and staff induction manual.
- To formulate and implement office policies, procedures, daily checks and standards which support the efficient operation of the office ensuring they are regularly reviewed, current and adhered to.
- To manage and be responsible for the office budget in line with NYCFC’s Financial Policies and Procedures.
- To be responsible for the implementation of office Health and Safety including policies, procedures and auditing, ensuring they are relevant to the office, current and adhered to; ensuring regular audits, fire risk assessments and inspections occur and any recommendations are implemented to maintain a safe working environment.
- To be the office Health and Safety, and First Aid Representative by way of providing inductions and other relevant training to all employees.
- To be the office key holder and be part of an emergency call out team, ensuring that the office is available when required and maintaining a secure working environment.
- To work closely with the Infrastructure teams at other NYCFC sites to ensure consistency with operational procedures, notably the first team training facility.
- Coordinate off site actives and events as required.
- To provide support to the local and global Leadership team including; off and on site event coordination, travel and accommodation arrangements, coordination of meetings, catering, audio/video conference calls and project support.
- To support all services delivered by the Infrastructure Department including input where required on infrastructure projects.
- A Bachelor’s degree is required in management or a related field.
- A minimum of 2-4 years’ experience in a facility management, office administration, or a related role.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational, customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Proficiency in MS Office, Excel and Outlook.
- Knowledgeable and stay current on health and safety law and building code compliance in accordance with the Clubs health and safety protocols.
- Ability to meet deadlines; accomplish work in order of priority; professionally maintain composure and effectiveness under pressure and changing conditions.
- Ability to learn new duties and adjust to new situations encountered on the job within a reasonable amount of time.
- A creative mind with the ability to suggest and implement improvements.
- Promote positive culture and maintain high professional standards
- Strong people management skills with the ability to negotiate conflict and maintain constructive working relationships with people at all levels of the organization (both internal and external).
- To undertake such duties as maybe reasonably expected.
- Ability to work flexible hours, including occasional weekends and holidays, as well as at other NYCFC facilities if required.