Current available jobs in Administration/General Management:
» HR Assistant / Receptionist - Seattle Sounders FC (Seattle, WA)
» Club Host - Sporting Kansas City (Kansas City, MO)
JOB TITLE: Human Resources Manager
DEPARTMENT: Human Resources
REPORTING TO: Vice President, Finance
LOCATION: New York, NY
NEW YORK CITY FOOTBALL CLUB OVERVIEW:
As the 20th member of Major League Soccer, NYCFC strives to be the new benchmark for professional soccer in the United States. With the support of majority owner City Football Group (owners of Manchester City, Melbourne City and Yokohama F Marinos) as well as minority owner, the New York Yankees, NYCFC kicked off the third season in club history in March 2017 at Yankee Stadium.
The Human Resources Manager is responsible for managing, developing and maintaining all areas of the human resources function as well as providing support and guidance to employees and managers on various human resources issues. This position will work closely with their manager in developing, implementing, and evaluating ongoing HR policies, programs, functions, and activities. The role will also oversee the company benefits program and needs to stay current on all related government policies.
This position must be able to interface with all levels of the organization including employees, internal department managers and external contacts in a timely and efficient manner. The Human Resources Manager must provide exceptional customer service on a daily basis. The role also includes some involvement on delivering projects and initiatives in line with the group HR and business strategy and will work closely with the Group HR Team to ensure that an excellent, forward thinking full generalist service is provided to all NYCFC employees.
- Create, develop and maintain company human resources guidelines, process and procedures that meet the company’s needs and that are compliant with current legislation. This includes recruitment, selection, development, employment practices and procedures, employee communications and employee events. Ensures compliance by all company employees.
- Provide leadership in recruitment by developing the most creative and cost-effective ways of generating high quality candidates
- Serve as an internal consultant to managers and employees on personnel issues that affect performance, business goals and relationships.
- Advise managers to ensure company compliance with all laws related to employment, compensation, training, benefits
- Work with Group Compensation and Benefits Manager to negotiate annual health and welfare plans and keeps records of benefit plans and 401K plan participation.
- Administer benefits programs such as Life, health, dental insurance, 401K plans, vacation, sick leave, and leave of absence.
- Support the team in ensuring the administering of wage and salary processes to meet budgetary goals.
- Working closely with line managers to understand departmental recruitment needs; advising on job description drafting and approval
- Formulate relationships with head hunters and recruitment agencies
- Develop a highly effective induction program that emphasizes the critical importance and value of welcoming and integrating new employees into the corporate and football culture (with emphasis on corporate vision and core values)
- Coordinate performance management and development initiatives with managers to ensure continued growth for all employees in support of business objectives
- Coordinate staff training when necessary
- Create and manage employee recognition program
- Manage intern program, build relationships with local schools and recruit strong candidates
- Manage visa application process for new employees
- Other duties as assigned
- A Bachelor’s degree in business, HR or related field
- A minimum of 4-6 years’ experience providing HR support
- At least 3 years in a Generalist role
- Must be knowledgeable and stay current on employment law, benefits and corporate responsibilities
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills, including ability to resolve disputes and observe confidentially
- Extensive experience in human resources or a related field
- Ability to meet deadlines; accomplish work in order of priority; professionally maintain composure and effectiveness under pressure and changing conditions
- Ability to learn new duties and adjust to new situations encountered on the job within a reasonable amount of time
- Ability to negotiate conflict and maintain constructive working relationships with people at all levels of the organization (both internal and external)
- Ability to work flexible hours, including evenings, weekends, and holidays, as necessary
Job Title: HR Assistant/Receptionist
Department: Human Resources
Reports To: Office Administrator
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
The HR Assistant/Receptionist candidate should be an astute, self-starter with exceptional communication skills who is friendly, upbeat, reliable and motivated to help cultivate a fantastic work environment and culture. This position will be one of the first points of contact for all Sounders FC guests and fans, and will be responsible for answering questions both in person and by phone, as well as directing calls in a prompt, decisive and courteous manner. In addition, this position will provide overall office and administrative support for day-to-day office operations, and assistance to the HR team. This is a vital role that will work closely with all departments and levels of employees at our Pioneer Square location.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
· Provide excellent customer service as Sounders FC’s receptionist and the designated main contact for all general inquiry calls and emails
· Efficiently and effectively manage the day-to-day operations of the office, including upkeep of common areas and maintaining appropriate supply levels to support operational needs
· General administrative tasks to include, filing, copying, all package / mail acceptance and distribution, plus updating seating charts and internal directories as needed
· Create and maintain personnel files and employee HR paperwork
· Update employee information in the company HRIS
· Track and manage specific HR budgets, as delegated by Office Administrator
· Regulate monthly parking passes for employees and schedule parking accommodations for guests
· Coordinate catering and logistics for staff meetings and group lunches
· Draft and send various all-staff correspondence
· Manage conference rooms, and schedule various all-staff meetings
· Book travel and accommodations for executives and guests as needed
· Assist with special projects as assigned – including various research, special mailings, employee distributions (tickets etc.)
· May receive and process information of confidential nature and must ensure such information is maintained in strict confidentiality
· Assist the Payroll & Benefits Manager with additional tasks and projects as needed
· Occasional match day duties, as required
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Experience in a professional office setting
· A trustworthy self-starter, with a strong sense of urgency in tackling challenges
· Fantastic, dynamic interpersonal skills and approachable, positive personality
· Flawless execution of administrative activities, with high attention to detail, organization and process
· Accomplished use of grammar and exceptional communication skills, both written and oral
· Must exhibit good business acumen, judgment and flexibility – sometimes under high pressure conditions
· Well organized with ability to prioritize importance of work received, and maintain multiple projects under tight deadlines
· A team player who thrives in a collaborative environment
· An innovative and creative thinker who is not necessarily constrained by conventional thinking or established approaches
· Demonstrated ability and willingness to continuously acquire new competencies and accept new challenges
· A passion for soccer and Sounders FC
· Must be able to sometimes work flexible hours, including some evenings, weekends and holidays
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
· Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, HR, Business or related field required. Must show proof of strong academics.
· At least 2 years of responsible, high level administrative work experience; HR experience a plus
· Customer service experience preferred
· Strong computer skills
· Accurate statistical typing
· Bi-lingual or multi-lingual skills preferred
Must be able to lift and carry up to 20 lbs. The physical demands described here are representative of those an employee must meet to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position functions primarily at the Sounders FC office in Seattle. Employee will be required to occasionally drive to off-site meetings and other functions. Given the nature of the Sounders’ business, employee must be able to work during some evenings and weekends.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
Seattle Sounders FC strongly supports equal employment opportunity for all applicants regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire. Currently residing in the US. Non-US citizens (students, etc.) must have the ability & documentation to live and work in the US for all of 2016. Our organization will not be able to provide any help or aid for Visa or work permit issues.
When you apply for this job online, you will be required to answer the following questions:
1. Why do you want to work for Sounders FC?
The Club Host’s primary responsibility is to provide assistance to support Sporting Kansas City’s vision, mission and goals through planned work activity, while additionally providing support to all associates, guests and vendors. The Club Host creates and disseminates professional and timely communications to all individuals, as well as graciously greets and directs guests, both in person and on the telephone.
- Manage all general functions of the office building.
- Engage service providers, as needed, for various Sporting Kansas City events.
- Provide general administrative support to all building tenants and associates.
- Kindly and professionally answer all phone calls, directing calls as appropriate.
- Act as the contact person for all external entities.
- Process donation requests for the Victory Project.
- Sort and distribute mail.
- Order and maintain office supplies.
- Order kitchen supplies, drinks, and snacks for the downtown office.
- Assist the People Leader with office culture initiatives and social event planning.
- Act as, or schedule someone to act as, a courier service between the office building and Children’s Mercy Park.
- Direct all visitors to their appropriate destination, recording names and affiliations as necessary.
- Perform regular building walkthroughs for upkeep needs, managing any issues that need to be addressed.
- Collaborate with Facilities Teams to ensure the building is operating properly.
- Report or relay any housekeeping issues to the Facilities Team.
- Schedule meetings and events for Sporting Kansas City and the office building.
- Compile weekly meeting and event schedules to distribute to associates and tenants.
- Give office tours to interested visitors.
- Represent Sporting Kansas City and its related affiliates in a professional manner at all times.
- Perform other related tasks as assigned.
- Strong organizational, communications and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to organize work effectively, conceptualize and prioritize objectives and exercise independent judgment based on an understanding of organizational policies and activities.
- Excellent customer service and hospitality skills, including proper phone etiquette and communication styles.
- Friendly, outgoing and welcoming personality.
- Excel working in a team environment.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment, as well as prioritize essential functions to meet role needs.
- Strong use of critical and analytical thinking processes with strong attention to detail.
- Possess decision making skills, as well as the ability to deal with ambiguity.
- Creative mindset.
- Passionate about sports, particularly the game of soccer.
- Professional appearance and demeanor.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Marketing, Hospitality, Event Management, Sports Management or other related field preferred.
- Experience working in an administrative or customer service role.
- Strong knowledge or experience in event planning and hosting, as well as office management.
- Demonstrated strong typing skills and extensive vocabulary.
- Writing, proofing and editing abilities.
- Proficient in the Microsoft Office Suite, including Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Calendar.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions:
- Required to sit for long periods of time, with occasional standing and walking.
- Use hands to finger, hand or feel objects, tools or controls.
- Frequent stooping, bending, pulling and pushing.
- Reach with hands and arms.
- Required to talk and hear consistently.
- Ability to occasionally lift, carry and/or drag up to twenty-five (25) pounds if necessary.
- Specific vision abilities required by the role include the ability to distinguish the nature of objects by using the eye.
- Ability to work non-traditional hours, including evenings, weekends and holidays as necessary and as needed for occurring events.
GAME DAY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Host the Victory Suite at Children’s Mercy Park.
- Prepare all Victory Suite credentials and wristband checklist for media, associates and Sporting Kansas City guests.
- Transport all credential-making equipment to and from the Sporting KC Downtown offices.
- Distribute credentials and create new ones as needed.
- Perform any on-call duties necessary to ensure game operation needs are met.
- Tend to the Victory Suite, Field Club, Shield Club and any other areas of the stadium that require Hosts.
When you apply for this job online, you will be required to answer the following questions:
1. Do you have access to reliable transportation?
2. Are you able to work non-traditional hours, including evenings, weekends and holidays as necessary?
3. What are you most passionate about?