Current available jobs in Administration/General Management:
» Executive Assistant - Minnesota United FC (Golden Valley, MN)
» HR Assistant / Receptionist - Seattle Sounders FC (Seattle, WA)
Los Angeles Football Club is Major League Soccer’s newest team in Los Angeles, set to debut in 2018. We are developing a world-class, forward-thinking sports organization to bring the fastest growing professional sport in America to one of the largest and most diverse markets in the world. Our primary initiatives include: designing and building our stadium, developing all facets of our brand, engaging with our community and developing our sporting team and youth programs. We are looking to grow our high-caliber, diverse team with creative and hard-working individuals who have a passion for sports, entertainment, and many of the lifestyle elements that the beautiful game touches.
The Club Operations Assistant is responsible for providing administrative support for the clubs day to day operation. The assistant will act as the primary liaison between the Club and vendors for various special events. This position will report directly to the Chief of Staff & VP, Club Operations.
- Support various departments in administrative duties
- Screen general incoming calls and forward to the appropriate personnel
- Handle general inquiries and request from internal and external individuals
- Maintain executive calendar – appointments, scheduling meetings, conferences, teleconferences, travel, etc.
- Maintain office filing system, supplies, and general documentations
- Partner with LAFC Experince Center Office Manager on administrative duies as well as coordination of special events at the facility
- Assist various departments in preparations/modification of documents, reports, and correspondences as needed
In addition to performance of the essential functions, this position may be required to perform a combination of the following supportive functions, with the percentage of time performing each function to be solely determined by the supervisor based upon the particular requirements of the company.
- Research for various projects within the club
- Other tasks and duties as assigned by Supervisor
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.
- Maintain high level of confidentiality at all times
- Must be able to multitask and exercise good judgement in a fast pace environment
- Must be organized and posses to the ability to prioritize
- Ability to communicate efficiently and effectively – both verbal and written
- Profcient in Microsoft Office – specifically word, excel, powerpoint, outlook
- Prior experience working with executive level staff preferred
- Flexible work schedule is a plus
Education: High school diploma required. Bachelors degree from an accredited College or University preferred.
Expereience: 2 years of experience in general office support
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY:
LAFC strongly supports equal employment opportunity for all applicants regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law.
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
LAFC recruitment policies are designed to place the most highly qualified persons available in a timely and efficient manner. LAFC may pursue all avenues available, including promotion from within, employee referrals, outside advertising, employment agencies, Internet recruiting, job fairs, college recruiting and search firms.
Applicants for employment in the U.S. must possess work authorization, which does not require sponsorship by the employer for a visa.
Soccer is the global game and the fastest growing sport in the country, and Minnesota United FC (MNUFC) is at the center of growth of the game in the Twin Cities and greater Minnesota. MNUFC is dedicated to growing professional soccer in Minnesota—2017 marks MNUFC’s inaugural season in Major League Soccer. Our position as a growing sports franchise creates a unique atmosphere where "start-up" meets pro sports team. In addition to our fast-paced environment with hard-working, collegial, energetic coworkers, we offer generous benefits, a forward-thinking culture, and the opportunity for career growth. We value creativity, dedication, curiosity, diversity, knowledge, and confidence.
The Executive Assistant is a full-time position, where the primary focus is assisting and supporting executive-level leadership. This person will be responsible for handling a wide variety of administrative tasks in order to ensure that senior management is operating efficiently and effectively.
· Schedule appointments and effectively manage executive calendars
· Manage marketing and communications calendar
· Serve as liaison to VIPs at Minnesota United events and home games
· Coordinate travel and related accommodations for executives and business guests
· Draft written email responses and handle phone calls with a high level of attention to detail
· Draft routine correspondence
· Organize, update, and maintain files and assist in general office organization
· Maintain a high level of confidentiality relating to the company and employees
· Facilitate department activities and communications
· Assist with special projects or other duties as assigned
· Bachelor’s degree preferred
· Prior administrative experience in a professional environment
· Excellent organizational skills with a high level of attention to detail
· Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
· Able to work efficiently in a high energy, fast paced environment
· Team player with a positive attitude, self-confidence, professionalism, resourcefulness, integrity, motivation, and a very strong work ethic
· Ability to handle confidential information and projects with professionalism and discretion
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office
· Must be able to work flexible hours, including evenings, weekends, and holidays (including game days)
When you apply for this job online, you will be required to answer the following questions:
1. Do you have a Bachelor's degree from a four-year college or university in related field?
2. Do you have prior administrative experience in a professional environment?
3. Are you able to work flexible hours, including evenings, weekends, game days, and holidays?
Job Title: HR Assistant/Receptionist
Department: Human Resources
Reports To: Office Administrator
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
The HR Assistant/Receptionist candidate should be an astute, self-starter with exceptional communication skills who is friendly, upbeat, reliable and motivated to help cultivate a fantastic work environment and culture. This position will be one of the first points of contact for all Sounders FC guests and fans, and will be responsible for answering questions both in person and by phone, as well as directing calls in a prompt, decisive and courteous manner. In addition, this position will provide overall office and administrative support for day-to-day office operations, and assistance to the HR team. This is a vital role that will work closely with all departments and levels of employees at our Pioneer Square location.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
· Provide excellent customer service as Sounders FC’s receptionist and the designated main contact for all general inquiry calls and emails
· Efficiently and effectively manage the day-to-day operations of the office, including upkeep of common areas and maintaining appropriate supply levels to support operational needs
· General administrative tasks to include, filing, copying, all package / mail acceptance and distribution, plus updating seating charts and internal directories as needed
· Create and maintain personnel files and employee HR paperwork
· Update employee information in the company HRIS
· Track and manage specific HR budgets, as delegated by Office Administrator
· Regulate monthly parking passes for employees and schedule parking accommodations for guests
· Coordinate catering and logistics for staff meetings and group lunches
· Draft and send various all-staff correspondence
· Manage conference rooms, and schedule various all-staff meetings
· Book travel and accommodations for executives and guests as needed
· Assist with special projects as assigned – including various research, special mailings, employee distributions (tickets etc.)
· May receive and process information of confidential nature and must ensure such information is maintained in strict confidentiality
· Assist the Payroll & Benefits Manager with additional tasks and projects as needed
· Occasional match day duties, as required
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Experience in a professional office setting
· A trustworthy self-starter, with a strong sense of urgency in tackling challenges
· Fantastic, dynamic interpersonal skills and approachable, positive personality
· Flawless execution of administrative activities, with high attention to detail, organization and process
· Accomplished use of grammar and exceptional communication skills, both written and oral
· Must exhibit good business acumen, judgment and flexibility – sometimes under high pressure conditions
· Well organized with ability to prioritize importance of work received, and maintain multiple projects under tight deadlines
· A team player who thrives in a collaborative environment
· An innovative and creative thinker who is not necessarily constrained by conventional thinking or established approaches
· Demonstrated ability and willingness to continuously acquire new competencies and accept new challenges
· A passion for soccer and Sounders FC
· Must be able to sometimes work flexible hours, including some evenings, weekends and holidays
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
· Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, HR, Business or related field required. Must show proof of strong academics.
· At least 2 years of responsible, high level administrative work experience; HR experience a plus
· Customer service experience preferred
· Strong computer skills
· Accurate statistical typing
· Bi-lingual or multi-lingual skills preferred
Must be able to lift and carry up to 20 lbs. The physical demands described here are representative of those an employee must meet to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position functions primarily at the Sounders FC office in Seattle. Employee will be required to occasionally drive to off-site meetings and other functions. Given the nature of the Sounders’ business, employee must be able to work during some evenings and weekends.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
Seattle Sounders FC strongly supports equal employment opportunity for all applicants regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire. Currently residing in the US. Non-US citizens (students, etc.) must have the ability & documentation to live and work in the US for all of 2016. Our organization will not be able to provide any help or aid for Visa or work permit issues.
When you apply for this job online, you will be required to answer the following questions:
1. Why do you want to work for Sounders FC?