Current available jobs in Administration/General Management:
» Booking Administrator - Houston Sports Park (HOUSTON, TX)
» Business Analyst/Associate - Los Angeles Football Club (Los Angeles, CA)
» Director, Talent Development - Major League Soccer (New York, NY)
» Coordinator - MLS, National Sales Center (Blaine, MN)
» Office Manager - New York City FC (New York, NY)
» Assistant to the CBO/Front Office Administrator - Philadelphia Union (Chester, PA)
» Human Resources Manager - Seattle Sounders FC (Seattle, WA)
At Forever Orange, we strive to create a dynamic work environment that fosters mutual respect and team work. We are a growth orientated organization and we invite you to grow along with us by taking advantage of the many opportunities open to you. Forever Orange is currently looking for a Human Resource Generalist to join our staff full time!
The Human Resources Generalist will perform a broad range of human resource functions and initiatives. This position will report directly to the HR Director to provide leadership for the personnel in a fluid and fast-paced work environment. Ensure the consistency of workplace practices, policies, and government regulations.
Paid Holidays & Vacations
Paid Sick Leave
Recruit, interview, and screen potential candidates
Support payroll administration and have a broad understanding of Independent Contracts, Overtime Guidelines and I9 verification.
Organize and maintain personnel files, related records, and various databases
Assist with new hire orientation, new hire packets and other related on-boarding processes
Respond to employee questions and issues and work to maintain positive employee relations
Strong understanding of the ACA guidelines for 2016/17
Partner and train department managers to initiate onboarding process and implementation.
Participate in compensation surveys to obtain the highest quality market data possible to benchmark internal pay practices.
Assist with compensation communications and policy documentation.
Assist ongoing analysis to support market pricing and assist manager with making informed decisions with regards to salary range, titles, and FLSA status.
Support organization-wide market data gathering initiatives.
Coordinate benefit enrollment, processes, and programs
Understanding of basic benefit services, 401K and Section 125 plans and initial requirements.
Ensure compliance of applicable state and federal regulations and workplace policies
Conduct various training for company personnel
Support and coach management and supervisory staff on various employee issues
Assist with the administration of onsite injury and related safety issues
Assist Sr. Office Manager with assigned location duties
Perform other duties as assigned by the Director of HR
Business degree, preferably in Human Resources or related field; PHR certification a plus
2-5 years’ progressive human resource leadership experience; experience in an entertainment/sports setting a plus
Strong verbal and written communication skills
Proficient computer skills to include Microsoft Office products and PayChex
(preferred, but not required) Knowledge related to HRIS system such as PeopleSoft and ADP Totalsource
Ability to maintain strict confidentiality and work with company personnel at all levels
Strong organizational and time management skills
Maintain a flexible schedule which may include evening and/or weekends when needed
When you apply for this job online, you will be required to answer the following questions:
1. Number of years in HR
2. Are you PHR/SPHR certified? Which
Houston Sports Park is seeking proactive, detail-oriented, and hardworking individuals to serve the full-time position of Booking Administrator under the supervision of Sr. Manager of Events and Facilities.
Experience in collegiate athletic department or professional sports team with operations and finance preferred. Must be available to work some nights and weekends in support of scheduled rentals and events.
Booking Administrator will be required to manage the upkeep of the office, booking and scheduling of all events, and manage all client/business relations. This person must be able to multitask and work in a fast-paced environment as well as can adjust to an always changing environment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Scheduling & Booking of events, leagues, and rentals
Manage HSP front office
Communications between all rental groups and leagues
Communications between all external large events (non-profit, for-profit, tournaments)
Communications between Dynamo Academy and Houston Dash
Update HSP website daily
Assist and manage monthly reports (financial, field usage, meeting notes, etc.)
Assist in creation and management of revenue producing opportunities for HSP
Assist in managing service agreements (i.e. concession, vendors, etc.)
Manage rental agreements, invoices, and payment schedules
Assist with operations for major events
Create and maintain positive relationships in the sports community
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS:
Bachelor’s degree in sports management, event management, and/or finance preferred or relevant experience
Must be able to work non-traditional hours including some holidays, nights, and weekends
Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs especially Microsoft Excel
Strong communication, organizational, and interpersonal skills
Must possess positive personality with strong desire to work in the Sports Industry.
Los Angeles Football Club is Major League Soccer’s newest team in Los Angeles, set to debut in 2018. We are developing a world-class, forward-thinking sports organization to bring the fastest growing professional sport in America to one of the largest and most diverse markets in the world. Our primary initiatives include: designing and building our stadium, developing all facets of our brand, engaging with our community and developing our sporting team and youth programs. We are looking to grow our high-caliber, diverse team with creative and hard-working individuals who have a passion for sports, entertainment, and many of the lifestyle elements that the beautiful game touches.
We are looking for a talented individual for the Business Analyst or Associate (pre-MBA or post-MBA) position to join the Club’s business strategy group that works on the strategy, development, and execution of the team’s assets such as the new LAFC stadium. The areas we touch include strategy, business model development, and implementation, project management, public private partnerships, financing, etc. As part of this team, you will research, collect data, draw insightful analyses, and develop compelling recommendations. Furthermore, you will be expected to communicate these recommendations to relevant stakeholders and help drive execution. Candidate must be organized, self-motivated and entrepreneurial. The successful candidate will be creative, collaborative, have strong communication skills and demonstrate the ability to multi-task.
· Conduct analysis and research of technical and business issues associated with projects, strategic investments, and opportunities.
· Analyze date to create quantitative and qualitative models which could be forecast, operational, financial, or statistical.
· Structure complex, ambiguous business issues and develop compelling, insightful findings and recommendations.
· Identify and evaluate new opportunities for the organization and develop recommendations on strategic direction and opportunities.
· Support execution of initiatives, projects, and work streams effectively, efficiently, and productively.
· Develop and deliver effective presentations and communications to multiple levels of stakeholders.
· Work with cross-functional teams and external stakeholders to get work done.
· BA/BS degree or equivalent through professional experience.
· 2 years of experience at top-tier management consulting firm, corporate strategy, or investment bank (post-BA/BS).
· Ability to effectively synthesize information to understand the big picture while managing detail.
· Excellent problem solving and analytic skills with a high degree of analytical rigor combined with exceptional business judgment.
· Intermediate skills in qualitative and quantitative modeling.
· Advanced presentation skills.
· Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
· Proven ability to successfully work and partner across multiple functions in an organization.
· Willing to submit to background check.
· 4 years of experience at top-tier management consulting firm, corporate strategy, or investment bank (post-BA/BS) or equivalent.
· Experience in strategy presentation development for executives.
· Operational experience in measuring and improving productivity, utilization, scaling initiatives, etc.
· Demonstrated ability to synthesize information to see big picture while effectively managing detail.
· Self-starter and ability to work in fast changing environments.
· Proven ability to successfully work and partner across multiple stakeholders.
· Passion for sports/soccer and associated lifestyle and culture.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY:
LAFC strongly supports equal employment opportunity for all applicants regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law.
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
LAFC recruitment policies are designed to place the most highly qualified persons available in a timely and efficient manner. LAFC may pursue all avenues available, including promotion from within, employee referrals, outside advertising, employment agencies, Internet recruiting, job fairs, college recruiting and search firms.
Applicants for employment in the U.S. must possess work authorization, which does not require sponsorship by the employer for a visa.
Lead efforts to create, manage and execute talent development related strategies to support the achievement of strategic business goals.
- Partner with department heads to help identify performance gaps and develop/source solutions to improve individual and team performance
- Establish clear career paths to align employees with growth opportunities within the organization and provide guidance to employees regarding career opportunities
- Design employee development programs using a blend of delivery methods (eLearning, instructor-led training, etc.)
- Manage all aspects of training lifecycle, to include supervision of ongoing training programs, development of future training programs, training consultation for key stakeholders, communications of programs, managing budget, reporting and maintenance of training records, and management of vendors
- Define, analyze and implement training metrics, objectives, key results and productivity gains that inform the success of the trainings and tools
- Implement and manage compliance training, including topics around sexual harassment, diversity and inclusion, and code of conduct for the organization
- Develop and manage specific training programs around:
- High-Potential Rotational Development Program
- Mentorship Program
- Leadership Development Program which provides individual coaching and workshops to develop emerging leaders
- Executive Training Program to serve as a feeder program for Club Executives
- Professional Development Reimbursement Program
- Manager Training
- Establish HR Best Practices and proactively identify and recommend solutions/programs based on assessment, feedback and data that will positively impact employee morale, engagement and organizational effectiveness
- Additional responsibilities as assigned
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 8-12+ years of progressive experience in human resources with a focus in organizational and talent development
- Proven ability to provide strategic and tactical leadership to develop and manage complex employee development and learning programs
- Ability to evaluate skill requirements of the organization and develop solutions to fill gaps
- Proactively identifies potential issues and resolves with appropriate employee programs that improve organizational effectiveness
- Ability to direct cross-functional teams in a time sensitive environment to implement new practices, programs and procedures
- Excellent facilitation skills to deliver a variety of training programs and meetings
- Experience working with Learning Management Systems (LMS)
- Highly collaborative with strong interpersonal skills to successfully work across the organization
- Superior organization, project management skills and attention to detail
- Ability to work effectively in a fast paced, team environment
- Ability to effectively communicate, both written and verbally
- Proficiency in Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Demonstrated decision making and problem solving skills
- Detail-oriented with the ability to multi-task and meet deadlines with minimal supervision
- High level of commitment to quality work product and organizational ethics, integrity and compliance
- MBA or Master's Degree in Human Resources Development, Industrial/Organizational Psychology, or related field is preferred
About the NSC: The National Sales Center (NSC) is a highly selective sales training program. It provides a one-of-kind learning environment and exposure to the fundamentals of MLS ticket sales to qualified candidates.
Position overview: This position offers the unique opportunity to become involved in multiple aspects of the day-to-day operations of the NSC.
Reports to: The Director and Manager of the MLS, National Sales Center and will work closely with the NSC trainees.
Who is Best for this Position: The best candidates for this position must be driven, positive, and have a PASSION for soccer. Specifically, the best individual will meet all the criteria below:
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college and commitment to be a soccer sales industry leader
- Ability to work as a team player
- Proficient in basic computer software programs
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Willingness to learn
- Ability to move to and work full-time in Blaine, MN at the National Sports Center.
- Assist in the day-to-day administration of the National Sales Center.
- Lead the effort in creating content for NSC social media efforts, including creating unique content.
- Assist in the preparation of monthly interviews.
- Help create relationships with leaders of the Sports Marketing and Business programs.
- Develop and execute training and lessons.
- Assist developing analytical reports regarding past sales campaigns.
- Help develop and organize library of training sales calls.
- Prepare and process sales orders.
- Assist with the reporting and analytical needs of National Sales Center.
- Other duties as assigned
- 4-year college degree – Marketing and Business preferred.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects in busy environment.
- Strong oral and written communication skills necessary.
- Excellent knowledge of all social media platforms
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office, specifically Microsoft Excel
- Attention to detail a MUST.
JOB TITLE: Office Manager
DEPARTMENT: Infrastructure Services
REPORTING TO: Director, Infrastructure Services
LOCATION: New York, NY
NEW YORK CITY FOOTBALL CLUB OVERVIEW:
As the 20th member of Major League Soccer, NYCFC strives to be the new benchmark for professional soccer in the United States. With the support of majority owner City Football Group (owners of Manchester City, Melbourne City and Yokohama F Marinos) as well as minority owner, the New York Yankees, NYCFC will kick off the third season in club history in 2017 at Yankee Stadium.
The Office Manager is responsible for the management and delivery of all office services and processes that support the operation of the Manhattan Office and ensuring exceptional organizational effectiveness and efficiency consistent with that of the wider group (CFG) facility management standards. In addition to providing exceptional customer service as the first point of contact to the NYCFC Front Office, a key element of the role is to ensure the highest standards of safety and operational support for NYCFC’s employees and guests at all times.
The role will oversee all activities related to the office space and will be required to stay updated with all building related code requirements whilst working as part of the club’s Infrastructure team to develop, implement and evaluate all facility management policies, procedures and functions.
This position is required to interface exceptionally well with all local and group (CFG) employees, external parties including contractors, partners and general guests to promote the business in a positive professional manner at all times.
The role also includes supporting the Director, Infrastructure Services with planning, implementing and delivering capital projects.
- To provide office services which enable the efficient and effective operation of the office and front of house reception services including managing visitors, answering calls, dealing with correspondence and inquiries and managing the provision of office supplies/equipment in line with NYCFC’s procurement and finance policies whilst ensuring the security, integrity and confidentiality of data.
- To be responsible for maintaining all office assets including scheduling repairs, improvement works, services and liaising with the IT department to resolve any office issues quickly whilst providing front line support.
- To ensure the efficient delivery of the facilities management services in relation to cleaning, front of house, health and safety compliance, catering, building and equipment maintenance, security and energy management of the office (by setting and monitoring performance indicators, and delivering improvements in the quality of the facilities management services delivered in the office.
- Support all departments to induct and educate all new NYCFC employees by way of administration of NOPs, EAPs and staff induction manual.
- To formulate and implement office policies, procedures, daily checks and standards which support the efficient operation of the office ensuring they are regularly reviewed, current and adhered to.
- To manage and be responsible for the office budget in line with NYCFC’s Financial Policies and Procedures.
- To be responsible for the implementation of office Health and Safety including policies, procedures and auditing, ensuring they are relevant to the office, current and adhered to; ensuring regular audits, fire risk assessments and inspections occur and any recommendations are implemented to maintain a safe working environment.
- To be the office Health and Safety, and First Aid Representative by way of providing inductions and other relevant training to all employees.
- To be the office key holder and be part of an emergency call out team, ensuring that the office is available when required and maintaining a secure working environment.
- To work closely with the Infrastructure teams at other NYCFC sites to ensure consistency with operational procedures, notably the first team training facility.
- Coordinate off site actives and events as required.
- To provide support to the local and global Leadership team including; off and on site event coordination, travel and accommodation arrangements, coordination of meetings, catering, audio/video conference calls and project support.
- To support all services delivered by the Infrastructure Department including input where required on infrastructure projects.
- A Bachelor’s degree is required in management or a related field.
- A minimum of 2-4 years’ experience in a facility management, office administration, or a related role.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational, customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Proficiency in MS Office, Excel and Outlook.
- Knowledgeable and stay current on health and safety law and building code compliance in accordance with the Clubs health and safety protocols.
- Ability to meet deadlines; accomplish work in order of priority; professionally maintain composure and effectiveness under pressure and changing conditions.
- Ability to learn new duties and adjust to new situations encountered on the job within a reasonable amount of time.
- A creative mind with the ability to suggest and implement improvements.
- Promote positive culture and maintain high professional standards
- Strong people management skills with the ability to negotiate conflict and maintain constructive working relationships with people at all levels of the organization (both internal and external).
- To undertake such duties as maybe reasonably expected.
- Ability to work flexible hours, including occasional weekends and holidays, as well as at other NYCFC facilities if required.
The Assistant to the CBO will support the Chief Business Officer, the Executive Vice President & COO, and Ownership. This position is primarily responsible for managing the day-to-day operations of the office, including planning and scheduling meetings and appointments, preparing and editing correspondence, reports and presentations, making travel arrangements and organizing and maintaining files and records. This is a professional position that will interface with employees, vendors, partners and the community. The ideal candidate will have a desire to work with other departments to gain experience and build a career in professional sports.
- Provide daily support to Chief Business Officer and Executive Vice President & COO
- Manage calendars and arrange meetings and events for the Chief Business Officer
- Coordinate occasional travel arrangements
- Main operations/logistics contact for Ownership Group
- Handle logistics of VIP hospitality for games, leading up to and during including celebrities, politicians, c?level execs, VIP clients, etc. and order food & beverage for Ownership Suite
- Manage minutes for staff meetings and other various meetings
- Maintain contact information and organizational databases in Excel and Outlook
- Coordinate all logistics of quarterly investor meetings
- Assist CBO and other departments with special projects in areas of interest
- Liaison for general office maintenance and building security
- Maintain all office machines and supplies
- Monitor and maintain the staff kitchen/break areas
- Manage two conference room calendars
- Oversee the Front Office Intern
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- Positive self-starter with strong work ethic and a desire to build a career in professional sports
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office Suite; Excel, Word, Power Point and other related computer skills
- Writing, proofing and editing abilities
- Excellent organizational, problem solving and interpersonal skills
- Outstanding work ethic and commitment to organizational success
- Ability to take initiative and work independently
- High ability of focus and attention to detail
- Ability to work well with all levels of management and staff as well as outside clients, vendors, prospects, and guests
- Exercise considerable judgment and discretion in handling confidential information
- Ability to meet established deadlines, ensuring that work is complete and accurate
- Willingness to work extended hours, including nights and weekends and able to work a flexible schedule as required
If selected, you will be required to provide the following clearances:
- PA Child Abuse History clearance
- PA State Police Criminal Records Check
- An FBI Criminal Background Check
Job Title: Human Resources Manager
Reports to: VP of Administration
Provide support and assistance to the Vice President, Administration with daily human resources operations in order to attain organizational goals and objectives, including talent acquisition and development, employee engagement and relations, performance management, compensation, office administration and strategic planning.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES and other duties as assigned:
Talent Acquisition & Development
- Create a first class recruiting process that attracts the best talent to the organization
- Standardize and manage hiring process for full time, part-time and seasonal staff and interns, including job application form, solicitation of applicants/resumes, interview process, reference checks, background checks, offer letter and new hire orientation
- Oversee Internship Program management including significant partnership(s) with top tier colleges and universities
- Develop a highly effective onboarding program that emphasizes the critical importance and value of welcoming and integrating new employees into our culture (with emphasis on vision and core values)
- Identify training and development opportunities for staff and assist with the implementation of appropriate training opportunities
- Record, compile, and analyze data concerning recruitment, interviews, hires, transfers, promotions, and terminations to make appropriate recommendations as needed
- Support HR team in developing and maintaining HR metrics/analytics and approach initiatives with an ROI mindset
- Perform job analyses and create or update comprehensive and legally compliant job descriptions
- Assist in developing annual personnel budget, and in assessing the impacts of potential personnel-related transactions
Employee Engagement & Relations
- Serve as an internal consultant to managers and employees on personnel issues that affect performance, business goals and relationships
- Oversee Employee Advisory Council meetings for employees to express concerns, ideas, etc. and to provide feedback to leadership
- Conduct a comprehensive exit review process for all staff and report results to leadership
- Where appropriate, administer terminations and exit interviews
- Develop and manage staff rewards programs including tickets and other perks
- Prepare, update, and recommend human resource policies and procedures
- Develop, enhance and maintain employee handbook
- Lead in maintaining compliance with federal and state employment laws across the organization
- Conduct in-house training sessions such as new manager training, interview skills training and illegal harassment and discrimination prevention training
Performance Management & Compensation
- Conduct benchmarking research to utilize best practices and compare our approaches in compensation, total rewards, and compliance
- Leverage salary surveys to build pay ranges for key roles
- Oversee annual performance review process and partner with managers to develop and facilitate professional development and succession planning programs
- Develop and manage employee bonus, incentive and recognition programs
- Supervise Office Administrator, interns and other office support positions
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Bachelor’s degree from four-year college or university
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in an HR generalist role
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills, including ability to resolve disputes, build trust and observe confidentially
- Highly analytical with strong critical thinking and problem solving abilities
- Attention to detail and dedication to quality
- Ability to meet deadlines; accomplish work in order of priority; professionally maintain composure and effectiveness under pressure and changing conditions
- Ability to learn new duties and adjust to new situations encountered on the job within a reasonable amount of time
- Ability to negotiate conflict and maintain constructive working relationships with people at all levels of the organization (both internal and external)
- Ability to effectively present information to individuals in a group setting and to all levels within the organization
This position functions primarily at the Sounders FC office in Seattle, WA. Employee will be required to occasionally drive to off-site meetings and other functions. Must have reliable means of transportation. Given the nature of the Sounders’ business, employee must be able to work during some evenings and weekends, including all Sounders match days.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
Seattle Sounders FC strongly supports equal employment opportunity for all applicants regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law.
When you apply for this job online, you will be required to answer the following questions:
1. What are your salary expectations?