Current available jobs in Administration/General Management:
» Vice President, Human Resources - Los Angeles Football Club (Los Angeles, CA)
» Executive Assistant - Minnesota United FC (Golden Valley, MN)
Houston Sports Park is seeking proactive, detail-oriented, and hardworking individuals to serve the full-time position of Booking Administrator under the supervision of Sr. Manager of Events and Facilities.
Experience in collegiate athletic department or professional sports team with operations and finance preferred. Must be available to work some nights and weekends in support of scheduled rentals and events.
Booking Administrator will be required to manage the upkeep of the office, booking and scheduling of all events, and manage all client/business relations. This person must be able to multitask and work in a fast-paced environment as well as can adjust to an always changing environment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Scheduling & Booking of events, leagues, and rentals
Manage HSP front office
Communications between all rental groups and leagues
Communications between all external large events (non-profit, for-profit, tournaments)
Communications between Dynamo Academy and Houston Dash
Update HSP website daily
Assist and manage monthly reports (financial, field usage, meeting notes, etc.)
Assist in creation and management of revenue producing opportunities for HSP
Assist in managing service agreements (i.e. concession, vendors, etc.)
Manage rental agreements, invoices, and payment schedules
Assist with operations for major events
Create and maintain positive relationships in the sports community
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS:
Bachelor’s degree in sports management, event management, and/or finance preferred or relevant experience
Must be able to work non-traditional hours including some holidays, nights, and weekends
Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs especially Microsoft Excel
Strong communication, organizational, and interpersonal skills
Must possess positive personality with strong desire to work in the Sports Industry.
Los Angeles Football Club is Major League Soccer’s newest team in Los Angeles, set to debut in 2018. We are developing a world-class, forward-thinking sports organization to bring the fastest growing professional sport in America to one of the largest and most diverse markets in the world. Our primary initiatives include: designing and building our stadium, developing all facets of our brand, engaging with our community and developing our sporting team and youth programs. We are looking to grow our high-caliber, diverse team with creative and hard-working individuals who have a passion for sports, entertainment, and many of the lifestyle elements that the beautiful game touches.
Ideal candidate will have extensive HR experience in working with teams in multiple locations at all levels of the organization. This role will help develop HR strategies that align with LAFC objectives. Requires ability to communicate and integrate effectively across the LAFC organization as well as the ability to inspire and lead the HR team.
Scope of Responsibilities:
- Employee Communications
- Employee Initiatives
- HR Generalist
- Human Resources Information Systems
- Labor Relations
- Organizational Development
- Talent Acquisition
- Talent Planning
- Training and Development
- Develop HR strategies for each site/function to align with LAFC business objectives
- Advise leadership on organizational design, change management and overall organizational effectiveness
- Coach and advise leaders, help guide people strategies and develop robust talent and succession management strategies
- Support business leaders to ensure employee processes, policies and practices enable employee engagement and leadership effectiveness
- Provide insightful data to guide decision making and provide proactive solutions
- Identify and lead talent. Honestly assess and effectively manage talent by nourishing, stretching and creating positive working relationships. Sets clear expectations, demands excellence and creative thinking
- Optimize HR investments and manage resources with fiscal responsibility
- Demonstrate the ability to focus on continuous improvement, productivity and organizational effectiveness
- Minimum of 10 years of HR experience, with at least 5 years at an executive level
- Experience leading in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to demonstrate complete confidentiality and discretion
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent organizational, multi-tasking and prioritization skills
- Strong business acumen, people focused and excellent ability to influence
- Ability to establish strong partnerships at all levels of the organization and across all geographies
- BA/BS degree in Business or Human Resources related field required
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY:
LAFC strongly supports equal employment opportunity for all applicants regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law.
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
LAFC recruitment policies are designed to place the most highly qualified persons available in a timely and efficient manner. LAFC may pursue all avenues available, including promotion from within, employee referrals, outside advertising, employment agencies, Internet recruiting, job fairs, college recruiting and search firms.
Applicants for employment in the U.S. must possess work authorization, which does not require sponsorship by the employer for a visa.
Soccer is the global game and the fastest growing sport in the country, and Minnesota United FC (MNUFC) is at the center of growth of the game in the Twin Cities and greater Minnesota. MNUFC is dedicated to growing professional soccer in Minnesota—2017 marks MNUFC’s inaugural season in Major League Soccer. Our position as a growing sports franchise creates a unique atmosphere where "start-up" meets pro sports team. In addition to our fast-paced environment with hard-working, collegial, energetic coworkers, we offer generous benefits, a forward-thinking culture, and the opportunity for career growth. We value creativity, dedication, curiosity, diversity, knowledge, and confidence.
The Executive Assistant is a full-time position, where the primary focus is assisting and supporting executive-level leadership. This person will be responsible for handling a wide variety of administrative tasks in order to ensure that senior management is operating efficiently and effectively.
· Schedule appointments and effectively manage executive calendars
· Manage marketing and communications calendar
· Serve as liaison to VIPs at Minnesota United events and home games
· Coordinate travel and related accommodations for executives and business guests
· Draft written email responses and handle phone calls with a high level of attention to detail
· Draft routine correspondence
· Organize, update, and maintain files and assist in general office organization
· Maintain a high level of confidentiality relating to the company and employees
· Facilitate department activities and communications
· Assist with special projects or other duties as assigned
· Bachelor’s degree preferred
· Prior administrative experience in a professional environment
· Excellent organizational skills with a high level of attention to detail
· Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
· Able to work efficiently in a high energy, fast paced environment
· Team player with a positive attitude, self-confidence, professionalism, resourcefulness, integrity, motivation, and a very strong work ethic
· Ability to handle confidential information and projects with professionalism and discretion
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office
· Must be able to work flexible hours, including evenings, weekends, and holidays (including game days)
When you apply for this job online, you will be required to answer the following questions:
1. Do you have a Bachelor's degree from a four-year college or university in related field?
2. Do you have prior administrative experience in a professional environment?
3. Are you able to work flexible hours, including evenings, weekends, game days, and holidays?